Author Topic: Pro Division Press Release #3 - Medical Benefits for members  (Read 8325 times)

NPCOK

• Getbig II
Re: Pro Division Press Release #3 - Medical Benefits for members
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 05:22:37 AM »
Welcome aboard, Dr Navarro.
You spelled "Board" wrong in "Boared Certified".

lol

NPCOK

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 05:27:18 AM »
It sounds like a step in the right direction. If anything maybe these things will push the IFBB to do more for the athletes. If weider sold his magazine empire for over 350 million then there is obviously enough money in the sport to take care of the athletes.

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 11:38:38 AM »
First of all, no insurance company on the planet is going to cover anyone who needs treament from self induced drug abuse. At least now these guys will know if something is starting to go wrong and hopefully they will be smart enough to stop!!!!!!  As far as I know these comprehensive tests are free to all in the new org. And, I find it odd how all of the sudden the IFBB is talking insurance.  ::) Not gonna happen guys, ever.

I agree that this is a good step.  Just think of the BBers that have a better life (or are still living) because they listened to a doctor and quit the sport - like Mike Morris for example.  This will give these guys the full exam - and whether they choose to listen to advise is another issue.

Now that more BBers are having health probs, it's good to see that they can at least get some yearly check-up at a minimum. 

It's not like the IFBB has EVER done this - hell, Flex magazine prints an article where we can send donations to Mike Matazzaro (sp?).  Maybe they could help him out?  Nope.  You help sell their magazines when they are healthy, then they sell more when they report the health probs...
Motherboy (the band).

bb doc

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2006, 12:16:17 PM »
http://www.mclean.harvard.edu/

" McLean Hospital is a comprehensive healthcare system committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services"

This is a PSYCHIATRIC hospital.

Hmm, maybe this is better actually.  Psych hospitals are good at treating substance abuse disorders.

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 01:10:52 PM »
Hey Disgusted,
I'm beginning to think you're the only one out there who is thinking
rationally. Do these guys really think anyone is going to pay for self
induced illness and abuse?
At least if the Pros know something is wrong they can seek help.
Jesus , what a bunch of whining assholes!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2006, 01:39:36 PM »
Hey Disgusted,
I'm beginning to think you're the only one out there who is thinking
rationally. Do these guys really think anyone is going to pay for self
induced illness and abuse?
At least if the Pros know something is wrong they can seek help.
Jesus , what a bunch of whining assholes!

Thanks. People need to be realistic. This is a first step in the right direction. If Don Youngblood and Flex knew ahead of time they were ill then "MAYBE" they could have done things differently.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2006, 03:52:15 PM »
Thanks. People need to be realistic. This is a first step in the right direction. If Don Youngblood and Flex knew ahead of time they were ill then "MAYBE" they could have done things differently.
For fuck's sake how hard is it to go to your doc and get a checkup?

Do bodybuilders really need to have their hand held that much? They are adults aren't they?

This announcement means nothing since what bodybuilders are going to bother travelling all the way to this ONE hospital to get checked out for free when the cost of travelling there will outweight the cost of the consultation.

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2006, 06:01:16 PM »
Yo JWB,
Read carefullly the reply by lonewolf. The last sentence was meant for you.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2006, 06:28:39 PM »
Yo JWB,
Read carefullly the reply by lonewolf. The last sentence was meant for you.
Sticks and stones wolfie...

Wheeler KNEW he was sick a long time ago and continued competing and taking bodybuilding drugs.

Youngblood was a diabetic from what I heard so he knew his time would come before too long at his age plus that guy was RICH. I doubt he didn't have good doctors and health cover through his company.

The "Pro Division" needs to be questioned by people BEFORE any poor bodybuilders throw away their careers on a few internet press releases and a yahoo email contact and get blacklisted from the IFBB.

It took someone 30 seconds to find out this hospital doesn't even do physicals so how seriously are we to take the pro division?

I'm not for the IFBB at all... but at least an athlete knows from the get go that they are fuckers and that they better take care of number 1 and they don't try to hide it...

The pro division is shaping up to be the federation of empty promises so far...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2006, 12:35:06 PM »
Sticks and stones wolfie...
Wheeler KNEW he was sick a long time ago and continued competing and taking bodybuilding drugs.
Youngblood was a diabetic from what I heard so he knew his time would come before too long at his age plus that guy was RICH. I doubt he didn't have good doctors and health cover through his company.
The "Pro Division" needs to be questioned by people BEFORE any poor bodybuilders throw away their careers on a few internet press releases and a yahoo email contact and get blacklisted from the IFBB.
It took someone 30 seconds to find out this hospital doesn't even do physicals so how seriously are we to take the pro division?
I'm not for the IFBB at all... but at least an athlete knows from the get go that they are fuckers and that they better take care of number 1 and they don't try to hide it...
The pro division is shaping up to be the federation of empty promises so far...

So basically you're an idiot.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2006, 02:41:14 PM »
So basically you're an idiot.
Keep the insults coming dude it just makes your support of this federation look even more credible... ;)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 02:49:02 PM »
Keep the insults coming dude it just makes your support of this federation look even more credible... ;)
I didn't realize the new organization needed me to  look credible. I feel more important now.  ::) Gee thanks

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 02:51:49 PM »
I wonder as a group it wouldnt be worth while investicating a group buy/discount system from the likes of mexivet, oregan etc , alot of unions have simmilar programmes you know !!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2006, 04:15:17 PM »
I didn't realize the new organization needed me to  look credible. I feel more important now.  ::) Gee thanks
I was talking about the credibilty of your support for them not their credibilty...  read it again

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2006, 04:20:10 PM »
I was talking about the credibilty of your support for them not their credibilty...  read it again

I know and I also knew that you would clarify me on it. Your so predictable.  ::) Biggest shit talker on here.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2006, 04:51:19 PM »
You come on here saying you're in the know regarding pro division and that wayne has all the bases covered and that Ronnie and Jay aren't needed since they are over the hill etc etc...

Unfortunately all their press releases have done is make you look like a fool plain and simple.

I'll say it again I hope it all pans out but we are entitled to question every detail about it and THEY need to prove to US the public that they are for real if they want our money in ticket sales not the other way around...

lonewolf

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2006, 05:26:25 PM »
JWB, it is becoming clearer that someone out there has you on their payroll.
Eirher that or you are terribly pessimistic about anything and everything.
Someone must have done something very bad to you in your childhood.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2006, 06:05:04 PM »
I'll repeat... I'm NOT a fervent supporter if the IFBB and I never follow ANYTHING blindly no matter how good it sounds.

There is a new federation that wants my money in ticket sales.

I wanna know the ins and outs, since they are pitching their business to me for my potential custom, before I commit any more time or resources to them.

With the IFBB I KNOW they're a bunch of girls already which I take in to account when I deal with them in regards to my support of the sport.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2006, 06:53:21 PM »

Haha I think you're right. Funny how every time there is an announcement he jumps on here and throws out his negative BS. He's a clown, but he is kinda entertaining.  ;D

abz

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2006, 02:10:46 PM »

So if you become a pro, then you get a free checkup? Interesting?