Author Topic: Why Shawn Ray never won the Olympia  (Read 12281 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Why Shawn Ray never won the Olympia
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2006, 06:38:38 PM »
Shawn definitely has one of the most impressive Olympia records ever.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2006, 07:00:09 PM »
THANK YOU FOR OFFICIALLY RUINING MY THREAD
just push some weight!

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2006, 07:25:38 PM »
Back to the subject
Their are 3 reasons Shawn never won the olympia
1. Lee Haney
2. Dorian Yates
3. Ronnie Coleman

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2006, 07:29:31 PM »
Well back to the thread.....I think that Shawn was just in a bind with the era in which he was competing.  One thing that I think is dumb is that people said he always looked the same.  The same could be said for many bodybuilders: Levrone, Ruhl, Dexter Jackson, etc.  I don't think he could have improved very much on physique.  His accomplishments are great in the bodybuilding world and it is a shame he doesn't have a Sandow.

Well to me its just that Shawn didn't over do it on the Slin use...Which is why i believe he was able to look so good for so long without falling into the silly trap that Dorian brought to the table and made everyone re-think their approach and paved the way to some really silly bodies that we now have even on the state level...

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2006, 07:31:52 PM »
Well back to the thread.....I think that Shawn was just in a bind with the era in which he was competing.  One thing that I think is dumb is that people said he always looked the same.  The same could be said for many bodybuilders: Levrone, Ruhl, Dexter Jackson, etc.  I don't think he could have improved very much on physique.  His accomplishments are great in the bodybuilding world and it is a shame he doesn't have a Sandow.
no i disagree ruhl improved every year until his bad showing last year dex to has improved year on year which his placings reflect as for kev he looked the same for his last few years but then again he wasnt really trying that hard and in the end his placings went down too.

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 07:33:10 PM »
Back to the subject
1. Lee Haney
2. Dorian Yates
3. Ronnie Coleman

good point! y didnt i think of that :(

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 07:40:23 PM »
I don't want to go too far and criticize pros too much because I admire their physiques but I just think that those two, Ruhl and Dexter, among others look very much the same.  I guess you could refine my statement to the last four years dealing with them.  Their physiques are very much the same and it has caused their placings to stay the same.  Not that I would complain about looking like that consistently.

what are you smoking?? Dex=mr.symetry rulh=mr.monstocity look the same?? please elaborate how you got that..
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
No problem bro. But I think that Dexter has made great strides in the past couple of years and is now considerate a top level threat.
just push some weight!

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2006, 07:49:55 PM »
No what I meant was that they individually have stayed the same in terms of their respective physiques and have not changed much.  Sorry for the confusion.

Remember how much better ruhls back got year on year in 2001 it was terrible by 2004 it had much more detail.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2006, 07:50:51 PM »
Maybe Dex took a year off for some calf implants.  hmm

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 07:52:47 PM »

well it worked for flex! and they always compare those two

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 07:54:14 PM »
 :-\ Yes, a bummer Shawn never won an Olympia with the outstanding physique that he had--------------arguably his physique is a more pleasing physique than those that beat him !!!
wadda ya gonna do ?
Forgid aboud id !!!!!! :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 07:56:36 PM »

If he has an extra inch on them, then you, sir, just delivered the post of the year!

hillbilly

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 07:59:54 PM »
If he has an extra inch on them, then you, sir, just delivered the post of the year!

either that or dex has been following the weider training principals!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 08:01:48 PM »
its not that hard to build good calfs.. considering its their job to develop everybody part to the best they can.. he could use some advice from the sexy man beast otherwise known as Alex.
just push some weight!

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2006, 09:15:20 PM »
Haney,Yates,Coleman

GMCtrk

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2006, 09:33:47 PM »
Shawn's back was inferior to Haney's, Yates, and Coleman's. That's all you need to know.

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2006, 12:42:07 PM »
Well to me its just that Shawn didn't over do it on the Slin use...Which is why i believe he was able to look so good for so long without falling into the silly trap that Dorian brought to the table and made everyone re-think their approach and paved the way to some really silly bodies that we now have even on the state level...

Agreed!!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2006, 01:13:50 PM »
its not that hard to build good calfs.. considering its their job to develop everybody part to the best they can.. he could use some advice from the sexy man beast otherwise known as Alex.

didn't you say in another thread that you were 6"4' and that your calves were a monstorous 18"....dude you might need some advice on how to build calves yourself....considering i'm waay shorter than you and my calves are a little over 18"...and I'm natural just like you so don't use that excuse...I stand by my other statements about you in other threads...you're a pussy
nasser=piece of shit

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2006, 01:18:28 PM »
 ::) Ya you got me I'm a pussy for posting my old pics... Listen little man.. I have no problem building calfs, I am actually decreasing the weight on leg excercises cause my legs get too big! I got a nice shape to my physique and look way bigger than i really am. So if you would like advice you can pm me!
just push some weight!

gdavidx28

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2006, 03:26:07 PM »
Alexx, youre an idiot, think before you post!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2006, 06:22:17 PM »
And the worlds most retarded post award goes to.....................
LMFAO

M75

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2006, 12:28:17 AM »
Back to the subject
1. Lee Haney
2. Dorian Yates
3. Ronnie Coleman

Exactly.

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2006, 01:08:08 AM »
Dexter Jackson's physique SUCKS always has - always will.

aliamini

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm that damn good
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2006, 08:10:08 AM »
Maybe cause shawn didn’t weigh his food … just kidding

Not presenting a new package was an issue for a lot of the bodybuilders … when u r short there isn’t much u can improve with physiques like shawn and labrada

The stripes on shawns back in a cancer pose are amazing even though he never got as lean as Dorian (in the back … that is a genetic issue … as a matter of fact no one got as lean as Dorian in the back department)

When presenting the same package to the Judges (who don’t have a criteria nor do they know what they are looking for) they don’t have anything to be amazed by … so they put you in mind but still score higher for the people who improved since last year (or last show)

Levrone didn’t always look the same he transformed his body in 97 I believe and delivers a more improved year after year until 2001 when he got injured and came back with full throttle in 2002.  Even since 92 he kept on improving not always turning out better than first time he changed but growing and trying to hit the condition.

Markus did change a lot … not always at his peak but he kept on changing year after year

Dexter he changed slowly but really made an impression to the judges … I think they realized that not rewarding the smaller guys was a mistake so it paid of in the time of Dexter.

The structure is something you cant control … so in a frame of shawn ray  you can pack certain amount of muscle and fine tune it to a certain condition (depending on your had work , dedication and most importantly genetics) … so the big guys like Haney, Yates and Coleman did have the advantage in the Shawn ray era