Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 744999 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8750 on: May 14, 2022, 11:15:18 PM »
Tether FUD is running rampant right now. Billions are disappearing in blocks from its market cap. Some if it looks to have possibly been moved to USDC

It will probably be fine, just something else to increase panic, but don't be that guy too lazy to move money out of tether just in case.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8751 on: May 14, 2022, 11:20:46 PM »
Plebs just got played. The guy has dumped 16B in Tesla shares over the past year and hasn’t bought a damn thing.

He will probably buy Tesla shares back again whenever the bottom is in.

A lot of tech companies seem to be setting up for a share buyback play.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8752 on: May 15, 2022, 01:31:20 AM »
Flaw, as I've mentioned is it resembles the old financial  system and can be changed. It is premined, had founding members. What's to say Russia avoids sanctions  by using Ethereum, how is the government going to stop them? They'll threaten  its founding members of Eth with jail time if they obey their demands.

There is a reason why the legacy system and its players are coming after POW and endorsing POS, it's not an environmental issue. They know  they can control a POS network if need be.

Full disclosure, I have a position in Eth similar to yours. I Stake it and at this point given my cost basis, where I live its not worth selling due to tax implications. I believe Eth will exist in years to come however Btc is my main holding.
Didn't they recently upgrade Bitcoin with Taproot? So Bitcoin can also be changed. It is not something that will never change. The reality is nothing in the Universe stays static. That's why we have time. Time just means a change in things. If nothing ever changed then time becomes meaningless. Our sun for example is burning up hydrogen as it fuses it to helium. Eventually it will run out of hydrogen and burn out in a helium flash during its red giant phase. It will seize to be a main sequence star. And eventually star formation in the Universe will end and the Black Hole Era will emerge. After a very long time, trillions and trillions and trillions and even more magnitude of years into the future the black holes will evaporate. And then in the end all that will remain are photons darting around in space. And then the Universe will cool down to absolute zero and seize to change. At that point time stops. Well that is one of the prevailing current theories.

https://www.investopedia.com/bitcoin-taproot-upgrade-5210039#:~:text=Taproot%2C%20Bitcoin's%20latest%20upgrade%2C%20is,verify%20transactions%20on%20Bitcoin's%20network.

Where are you staking your Ethereum? I have it staked on Coinbase and now I see in the news users could lose their cryptos in Coinbase goes bankrupt. This worries me. Them saying don't worry we are not going bankrupt is not good enough for me. My staked Ethereum is also locked up until the ETH Merge. I contacted Coinbase to get clarification. I hope I am not going to get fucked by this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coinbase-warning-users-could-lose-crypto-bankruptcy-earnings-2022-5

Coinbase warns users could lose their crypto holdings if the company goes bankrupt

• Coinbase said its users' crypto assets could become company property if it went bankrupt.
  • The company added the disclosure for the first time in its earnings report Tuesday.
  • Its CEO said shortly afterward that users' funds were safe and there was no risk of bankruptcy.

Coinbase, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges, said its users might lose access to their holdings if the company ever went bankrupt.

The disclosure was included in the company's first-quarter earnings report, and that was the first time the risk factor was mentioned. It also noted that Coinbase held $256 billion in fiat currencies and virtual coins.

"Because custodially held crypto assets may be considered to be the property of a bankruptcy estate, in the event of a bankruptcy, the crypto assets we hold in custody on behalf of our customers could be subject to bankruptcy proceedings and such customers could be treated as our general unsecured creditors," the company said.

That means users would lose access to their balances because they would become Coinbase's property.

It's a different scenario from traditional investments. Many bank accounts, including checking and savings, are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. for up to $250,000 per account if the bank goes under, while the Securities Investor Protection Corp. helps if a broker or dealer goes bankrupt.

Crypto enthusiasts have long heralded the decentralized movement as, in part, a way to give people complete control and ownership of their finances. That's only the case for those who physically store their cryptocurrency in personal wallets, as opposed to a platform like Coinbase. (Coinbase does offer a self-custody wallet called Coinbase Wallet.)

Following the earnings report, which sent the company's stock plummeting more than 23%, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong said there's no risk of bankruptcy right now.

On Twitter Tuesday night, he attempted to reassure users that their funds were safe and apologized for not being more forthright with communicating this risk when it was added. He said the company included the disclosure because of rules recently set by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

"This disclosure makes sense in that these legal protections have not been tested in court for crypto assets specifically, and it is possible, however unlikely, that a court would decide to consider customer assets as part of the company in bankruptcy proceedings even if it harmed consumers," Armstrong said.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8753 on: May 15, 2022, 03:14:19 AM »
He knows already and I can say this because there is someone like me in that company who tracks this stuff.

it’s IMO a ploy to dump Tesla shares.

He bought 9% of Twitter for 3B. He then makes an offer to buy the entire company. In order to fund it he gets the nod to sell 8.5B in Tesla shares. Post sale suddenly he holds off on the deal because he isn’t sure how many bots there is lol.

Plebs just got played. The guy has dumped 16B in Tesla shares over the past year and hasn’t bought a damn thing.

Good possibility. Tesla is the most manipulated stock I’ve ever seen for a company with that type of market cap. I suspect it will eventually go much lower, but it’s not a good short play because the swings are so big that even if you end up being right you’ll get shaken out in the process.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8754 on: May 15, 2022, 03:15:42 AM »
So much for the concept that "Bitcoin cannot be confiscated."

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #8755 on: May 15, 2022, 02:22:17 PM »
Looks like Bitcoin is biting the dust. LOL
T

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8756 on: May 16, 2022, 03:55:34 PM »

He will probably buy Tesla shares back again whenever the bottom is in.

A lot of tech companies seem to be setting up for a share buyback play.

Could be. his method of selling shares is ‘iffy’ but he likes to troll.

Good possibility. Tesla is the most manipulated stock I’ve ever seen for a company with that type of market cap. I suspect it will eventually go much lower, but it’s not a good short play because the swings are so big that even if you end up being right you’ll get shaken out in the process.

His funding for the deal has been questionable from the start so we could see him dump more shares in order to fund the deal and it would look normal.

Apparently if he pulls the plug there is a 1B penalty but that he could also be taken to court and sued for losses. I’m not quite sure how that would fly given the entire market has been losing share price and Twitter isn’t even at the lows before his announced offer.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8757 on: May 16, 2022, 04:24:48 PM »
The setup I see at the moment i think we see the capitulation this week.

The 3 day RSI bottom (under 30) historically precedes the next leg down followed by a move higher 1-2 weeks later that forms the bottom in price action.

We hit the 3 day RSI last week —> tick

The Daily RSI was formed between the 9th-13th May —> tick

Both now have completed their upwards movement —> tick

If the pattern remains true, we see capitulation in days, not a rally. Remember since 38k every single bastard said we were due for a rally…. Then 36k….then 34k….then 32k and 30k. Then Luna happened down to 25.5k…..

In my feed it’s filled with ‘a rally is due now’ and ‘Never had 8 red week candles in a row’. To me this feels the same as 38k did. LUNA showed us how spastic retail is right now and we need degenerates more than ever to take us as low as possible.

What you buy in coming weeks should be based around what you believe the 2024-25 BTC price will be.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8758 on: May 17, 2022, 03:12:08 AM »

Where are you staking your Ethereum? I have it staked on Coinbase and now I see in the news users could lose their cryptos in Coinbase goes bankrupt. This worries me. Them saying don't worry we are not going bankrupt is not good enough for me. My staked Ethereum is also locked up until the ETH Merge. I contacted Coinbase to get clarification. I hope I am not going to get fucked by this.

Don't stress, all exchanges  and trading platforms have the same disclaimer. That's been in there for awhile, people just spreading FUD due to the panic markets selling off.

Coinbase won't go bankrupt, look at their balance sheet. Mine is on Celsius along with btc. I can withdraw anytime so it's  not really locked up. Celsius has the same disclaimer as Coinbase BTW.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8759 on: May 17, 2022, 03:26:55 AM »
Don't stress, all exchanges  and trading platforms have the same disclaimer. That's been in there for awhile, people just spreading FUD due to the panic markets selling off.

Coinbase won't go bankrupt, look at their balance sheet. Mine is on Celsius along with btc. I can withdraw anytime so it's  not really locked up. Celsius has the same disclaimer as Coinbase BTW.

Coinbase has a history of locking people out of accounts for months preventing people access to sell their coins.

People staking on exchanges and 3rd parties are in a high risk category. It may not even be the coin you are staking that is the problem but all the shit stuff that collapses and causes the freeze.

Last week’s LUNA event I was seeing loads of stuff in my feed by people unable to access their coinbase account. Back in 2018 they locked people out and their account balances went to zero before they gave access back.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8760 on: May 17, 2022, 08:22:14 AM »
Walmart taking a hit. This is why believe in cash during a market storm. Eventually even the “safe” stocks tank.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8761 on: May 17, 2022, 03:48:43 PM »
Walmart taking a hit. This is why believe in cash during a market storm. Eventually even the “safe” stocks tank.

‘Low prices everyday’ :D

Meanwhile maxis should be rejoicing that Vitalik has a pretty damning view on his own ETH and said he wishes it was Bitcoin lol. In a nutshell he wanted to build something good and so far he has built a platform which has allowed jpegs to scam people lol.

On the Tether side, withdrawals have started happening and market cap coming down. It’s just a small blip for now but I’m eyeing the November 74B level. If we start seeing it rip down lower it kind of sets a story because this isn’t retail movement.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8762 on: May 17, 2022, 04:29:56 PM »

I have enough Ethereum where I can run my own validators. I can probably get a better return on it also. I figured to go with Coinbase initially since they take care of all the hassle of staking it and the disclaimer stated your funds will not be slashed if the validator is configured wrongly. However this bankruptcy disclaimer does not make me happy.

Some people say if Coinbase goes bankrupt your cryptos will be worthless anyways. However Mt. Cox went bankrupt and crypto did fine without it. Coinbase going bankrupt does not mean crypto would have collapsed.

When I am able to unstake on Coinbase I will consider setting up my own Validators. I am not sure if 24/7 power and network is required for validators to not get penalized and slashed. Maybe turnkey USB staking devices will be available that makes it easy to configure and update the validator 24/7 year round?

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8763 on: May 17, 2022, 04:38:08 PM »

‘Low prices everyday’ :D

Meanwhile maxis should be rejoicing that Vitalik has a pretty damning view on his own ETH and said he wishes it was Bitcoin lol. In a nutshell he wanted to build something good and so far he has built a platform which has allowed jpegs to scam people lol.

On the Tether side, withdrawals have started happening and market cap coming down. It’s just a small blip for now but I’m eyeing the November 74B level. If we start seeing it rip down lower it kind of sets a story because this isn’t retail movement.
Link to Vitalik claiming this?

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8764 on: May 17, 2022, 10:22:15 PM »
Link to Vitalik claiming this?

It was on Twitter under his own Twitter handle.

Vitalik sold the top, well it was $4,100.

The reality of generation 1 crypto is this…… it’s at the top of the S curve and all these OGs are likely going to abandon Gen 1 and start Gen 2 👀

There is enough data now to see the retail peak was April 2021 at 64.5k. That’s a 3.3x from 2017 peak and guess what? ETH did the exact same 3.3x. ETH only performed well from its bottom but did the same expansion from its peak.

BTC 2025 target is 96k. If it can break 100k then maybe 120-130. That’s a 1.5x and at best a 2x. You think these OGs will hang around for a 2x after making 10,000x? Nope.

The best thing possible right now is for an 11k BTC price because it means OGs and developers can buy the bottom cheap and still make a nice 10x or so return. ETH @ $600 is a great reason for Vitalik to stay. Give Vitalik a 2k ETH with a 7k peak with 3yrs of watching his project sell jpegs of rocks and he will walk and start on something else.

The alternative is he starts a new project and from scratch makes 10,000x vs 2x in the same time and will have a better performing platform than ETH.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8765 on: May 17, 2022, 11:58:38 PM »

seems my chart was not updated for today. Tether market cap now 74B, down from 83B peak 2 weeks ago.

In 2018 before the capitulation USDT had a 30% drop in market cap. We are 11% down, watching for the 61B-68B range now.

Generally speaking less tether means less buying interest from big players. It’s also a derisk strategy for when shit is about to go haywire.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8766 on: May 18, 2022, 01:45:21 AM »
seems my chart was not updated for today. Tether market cap now 74B, down from 83B peak 2 weeks ago.

In 2018 before the capitulation USDT had a 30% drop in market cap. We are 11% down, watching for the 61B-68B range now.

Generally speaking less tether means less buying interest from big players. It’s also a derisk strategy for when shit is about to go haywire.

I hope it does a UST, I've taken out many 5 year loans using Btc as collateral for usdt and then converting to $$ on an exchange.
If USDT was to trade at 10cents I'd buy the required tokens to close out my loan. In order to close out the loan, you have to pay in tokens that were issued to you.

I don't see USDT collapsing even with up coming regulation.  Even if they did one theory would be people buying into btc on the way down. I don't see that either.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8767 on: May 18, 2022, 03:11:22 AM »

I hope it does a UST, I've taken out many 5 year loans using Btc as collateral for usdt and then converting to $$ on an exchange.
If USDT was to trade at 10cents I'd buy the required tokens to close out my loan. In order to close out the loan, you have to pay in tokens that were issued to you.

I don't see USDT collapsing even with up coming regulation.  Even if they did one theory would be people buying into btc on the way down. I don't see that either.

No, Not a collapse.

It’s a signal that money to buy coins (USDT) is being redeemed and removed from market.

On chain shows thousands more BTC loaded onto exchanges.

If we have less USDT and more BTC one could think we are going to see a dump in price.

The 4hr chart has enough in it right now to belt BTC. Have to wait and see. Market maker could send it up instead and try to squeeze more blood.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8768 on: May 18, 2022, 04:20:39 AM »
Target getting wrecked pre market after announcing they are cutting their profit outlook.

Just like I have banged on about, consumer market is allergic to raising prices and are now paying the price due to stock outs and absorbing supplier price increases.

No inventory = revenue drop
Not raising prices to consumers fast enough or high enough = profit drop

Wrecking ball hitting home now as they’ll all adjust outlooks one by one. Then some smart bottoms will realise if they raise prices high enough in Q4 they won’t run out of inventory :D

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8769 on: May 18, 2022, 04:56:52 AM »
Target getting wrecked pre market after announcing they are cutting their profit outlook.

Just like I have banged on about, consumer market is allergic to raising prices and are now paying the price due to stock outs and absorbing supplier price increases.

No inventory = revenue drop
Not raising prices to consumers fast enough or high enough = profit drop

Wrecking ball hitting home now as they’ll all adjust outlooks one by one. Then some smart bottoms will realise if they raise prices high enough in Q4 they won’t run out of inventory :D

Beat me to the punch on Target. So, I’ll go with this, worst performing Industrial Industry: Building products. Doesn’t bode well for the housing market.

Also, Target says they saw the biggest slowdown in apparel and home goods. Like the saying goes, you can wear last year’s clothes but you can’t eat last year’s food.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8770 on: May 18, 2022, 05:34:39 AM »
Beat me to the punch on Target. So, I’ll go with this, worst performing Industrial Industry: Building products. Doesn’t bode well for the housing market.

Also, Target says they saw the biggest slowdown in apparel and home goods. Like the saying goes, you can wear last year’s clothes but you can’t eat last year’s food.

Haha I was hoping to Beat you  :D

Housing is wrecked pretty bad. Here on prison island the co-owner of the  largest home builder off’d himself and now the company has administrators going in. All builders here in the same boat with fixed price contracts but then supply delays, weather delays and suddenly prices are 30%+ and they got caught out. I think we are actually ahead of the US here.

Some builders simply hit up owners for 70k or we can’t complete and wrecked. People borrowed to the max, don’t have 70k cash lying around so they get wrecked.

On a crypto note, approaching a crossroad in the coming few days. Either rally up hard or go down hard.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8771 on: May 18, 2022, 07:57:41 AM »
Haha I was hoping to Beat you  :D

Housing is wrecked pretty bad. Here on prison island the co-owner of the  largest home builder off’d himself and now the company has administrators going in. All builders here in the same boat with fixed price contracts but then supply delays, weather delays and suddenly prices are 30%+ and they got caught out. I think we are actually ahead of the US here.

Some builders simply hit up owners for 70k or we can’t complete and wrecked. People borrowed to the max, don’t have 70k cash lying around so they get wrecked.

On a crypto note, approaching a crossroad in the coming few days. Either rally up hard or go down hard.

This is a real estate trust company that was out-performing the market but has tanked badly in the past month giving back all the past year’s gains.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8772 on: May 18, 2022, 04:56:27 PM »
It was on Twitter under his own Twitter handle.

Vitalik sold the top, well it was $4,100.

The reality of generation 1 crypto is this…… it’s at the top of the S curve and all these OGs are likely going to abandon Gen 1 and start Gen 2 👀

There is enough data now to see the retail peak was April 2021 at 64.5k. That’s a 3.3x from 2017 peak and guess what? ETH did the exact same 3.3x. ETH only performed well from its bottom but did the same expansion from its peak.

BTC 2025 target is 96k. If it can break 100k then maybe 120-130. That’s a 1.5x and at best a 2x. You think these OGs will hang around for a 2x after making 10,000x? Nope.

The best thing possible right now is for an 11k BTC price because it means OGs and developers can buy the bottom cheap and still make a nice 10x or so return. ETH @ $600 is a great reason for Vitalik to stay. Give Vitalik a 2k ETH with a 7k peak with 3yrs of watching his project sell jpegs of rocks and he will walk and start on something else.

The alternative is he starts a new project and from scratch makes 10,000x vs 2x in the same time and will have a better performing platform than ETH.
I am not seeing a source that claims he sold most of his ETH at $4,100. The Ethereum foundation sold 70,000 Ethereum back in 2018 I believe at a price of around $1,400. I think Vitalik moved around 300,000 ETH to a cold storage wallet a year or so ago. I am sure he has sold some Ethereum over the years but not his entire stack.

If Vitalik walks on Ethereum that would just mean he is a quitter and abandoning a community that invested in it. I doubt he would do that. He would lose credibility if he did that. Ethereum is his creation along with his co-founders and I think he wants to see it through at least to the point of the merge and the solving of the transaction speed issues. He was speculating on getting Ethereum to almost 1 million transactions per second.

After that he could probably step back and move on to other projects. But he would probably still be involved with it for an undetermined time into the future. Hopefully Ethereum can function without his involvement if need be. There are many talented, intelligent developers involved with Ethereum. If Ethereum's survival depends on Vitalik alone it would confirm Jack Dorsey's recent statement about the "many single points of failure" that he sees with Ethereum. So it would be best to get the Ethereum project to a point where a single human does not affect the survivability of the project.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8773 on: May 18, 2022, 05:27:40 PM »
If Vitalik was in it for the money he could have sold the $6 billion worth of shiba that was in his wallet.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8774 on: May 19, 2022, 03:59:41 AM »
If Vitalik was in it for the money he could have sold the $6 billion worth of shiba that was in his wallet.

He did.

He dumped his ETH. He dumped the Shiba.

Dude is looking for the exit. Look at LUNA founders who all dumped and scammed users then are launching a new coin lol.

ETH to 7,600 in 2025. You have millions at that point dude, start enjoying your gains, life and be happy. You have done awesome, be proud!