Author Topic: "The Boys" on Amazon Prime  (Read 27445 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Re: "The Boys" on Amazon Prime
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2020, 12:00:16 AM »
Love this show, but I kinda feel like if it keeps going at this pace, I'll reach my gross out limit some time in the 3rd season. I saw that I commented on the first page about how cool I thought the deaths were in the first season, but  by the last two episodes I was actually thinking "these motherfuckers don't have to show ever goddamn thing."

I also find it hilarious how this is a group of the most wanted people in the country and their idea of keeping it lowkey is meeting in public parks and crowded subways with no disguise.  Also, Homelander's super speed and super hearing sure do come and go at the most narratively convenient times.  But those are minor things. It's still an enjoyable show.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2020, 04:29:16 AM »
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2020, 04:00:37 PM »
LOL Jago complaining on Trump in this Episode

Q

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2020, 05:46:44 PM »
Just binge watched the first 7 episodes of season 2.  Wild stuff.  Stormfront is batsh*t crazy. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2020, 06:48:43 AM »
Just binge watched the first 7 episodes of season 2.  Wild stuff.  Stormfront is batsh*t crazy.

I made myself finish season 1 and got through season 2 as far as it goes.

They are going to turn this into a hate whitey thing. I hope I'm wrong.  I could do without the gratuitous sex stuff but I have no problem with bad guys getting killed. 

Seth Rogen can fuck off to Sheol for all I care. Hopefully he will be strolling in West Hollyweird and some downtrodden A-Train wannabe will come along and sucker-fuck him.

I have zero problem with most of the characters.  Stuffing a Zagnut down BlackNoirs throat was funny.  Stormfront looks exactly like a very beautiful young Jewish woman I dated decades ago.  Maybe it was the actress' mom?  ;D  Her impassioned tirade on the destroying of their culture is spot on.  If given by a supe of colour it would have left wet spots on the seat under Rogen's anus.

Black people should be pissed about the destruction of  their culture as Americans.  cRap is fucking up the legacy of great musicians like Ellington.  cRap and hippity-hop are a disgrace to the genius of black American composers and musicians.  Auto-tune is for twatlings.  WTF with cacuasionals and their fascination with cRap?  Oh yeah...They hate themselves.

I digress.  For Straw and others of his inbred ilk, that means I am slightly off topic.  Fuck you manlet morons.

The Boys is enjoyable but again, I fear Rogen and Co. will turn it into a PC Fuckwit Feastival of hate for white people just because they are white. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2020, 06:49:46 AM »
The Deep is hilarious. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2020, 06:54:49 AM »
The Deep is hilarious.

The Deep is superb in S2 E7!

Q

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2020, 07:37:42 AM »
That Hugh kid is the most annoying person.  Doesn’t they mom who had the baby with homelander look just like Megan , Prince Harry’s wife?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2020, 07:40:24 AM »
That Hugh kid is the most annoying person.  Doesn’t they mom who had the baby with homelander look just like Megan , Prince Harry’s wife?

Petit Hughie may not have the personality or qualities of a Getbigger, but he is needed to make Butcher and others grounded.
Q

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2020, 09:57:19 AM »
Kwon-the-money.  Subtle PC is infecting the show.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2020, 09:58:48 AM »
Kwon-the-money.  Subtle PC is infecting the show.

Hughie is there so Betas/Thetas/Simpsters can feel good about themselves that watch the show :D
Q

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2020, 01:27:13 AM »
Never was into super hero movies. Something about a super hero is very lame.

Tried to watch The Boys—had the same reaction to super hero culture. Watched one episode and turned it off.
X

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2020, 02:44:56 AM »
Never was into super hero movies. Something about a super hero is very lame.

Tried to watch The Boys—had the same reaction to super hero culture. Watched one episode and turned it off.

It's not about "Superheroes" per se

It's about if normal/bad people (people like you and me!) were given powers

What would they do?
Q

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #88 on: October 04, 2020, 02:57:01 AM »
It's not about "Superheroes" per se

It's about if normal/bad people (people like you and me!) were given powers

What would they do?

I know it’s really not about super heroes like Marvel or DC. Just the fact that it had super heroes was immediately off putting.

If u was given super powers, I’d likely try to destroy the 8” kielbasa of peace.
X

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2020, 03:02:36 AM »
I know it’s really not about super heroes like Marvel or DC. Just the fact that it had super heroes was immediately off putting.

If u was given super powers, I’d likely try to destroy the 8” kielbasa of peace.

Regular Superheroes in movies/series rarely show all human emotions and feelings.

Rarely are they Jealous, Petty, Egoistic, Hateful, Angry, Scared, Depressed etc, it's all about saving the day and doing what's best for everyone.

Normal people are more multifaceted than that.

Give 100 random people superpowers and you would see crazy things happen, which you see in the show.

Banks would be robbed, People would be abducted, killed, property would be destroyed etc...

Just watch at the Roadrage regular people can get, or those that kill eachother over the newest Jordans or KFCs
Q

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2020, 03:55:55 AM »
Regular Superheroes in movies/series rarely show all human emotions and feelings.

Rarely are they Jealous, Petty, Egoistic, Hateful, Angry, Scared, Depressed etc, it's all about saving the day and doing what's best for everyone.

Normal people are more multifaceted than that.

Give 100 random people superpowers and you would see crazy things happen, which you see in the show.

Banks would be robbed, People would be abducted, killed, property would be destroyed etc...

Just watch at the Roadrage regular people can get, or those that kill eachother over the newest Jordans or KFCs

I agree with your sentiments. I just could not get into the show.

I really only watch horror/thrillers anyway.
X

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2020, 07:15:05 AM »

You'd enjoy the people's heads exploding.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2020, 07:42:37 AM »
You'd enjoy the people's heads exploding.

There is always that.  :D
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2020, 07:50:55 AM »
I think the show is way overrated.

I made it through Season 1 and 2-3 episodes of Season 2 and stopped watching.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2020, 07:54:33 AM »
Don't with super hero stuff. It's been over done. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2020, 08:16:58 AM »

It's funny you should say this. I was talking to someone just yesterday about how this show was actually most effective as a horror show. It obviously straddles a lot of genres (humor, action, etc), but one of the things it does best is make you feel this low level sense of dread for what might happen to characters when homelander is around.  A lot of the deaths are as graphic as anything you would see in a decent horror movie.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2020, 09:08:03 AM »
How do you think Homelander and/or Stormfront will be defeated providing it ends hat way?

I'm guessing that they will destroy each other as per Hughie's pre-conceived plan.

I'm also thinking that Hughie's and Starlight's relationship will not end well.

And the conclusion of Season 2 will end by high-lighting some mystery concerning Homelander's  son! Will he be a good or bad Super-Kid!?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2020, 09:18:13 AM »
How do you think Homelander and/or Stormfront will be defeated providing it ends hat way?

I'm guessing that they will destroy each other as per Hughie's pre-conceived plan.

I'm also thinking that Hughie's and Starlight's relationship will not end well.

And the conclusion of Season 2 will end by high-lighting some mystery concerning Homelander's  son! Will he be a good or bad Super-Kid!?

They will be exposed to a powerful strain of LWG and die at each other's hand in order to save their souls from Hollyweird Hades.

Fuck Seth Rogen.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2020, 10:59:30 AM »
It's funny you should say this. I was talking to someone just yesterday about how this show was actually most effective as a horror show. It obviously straddles a lot of genres (humor, action, etc), but one of the things it does best is make you feel this low level sense of dread for what might happen to characters when homelander is around.  A lot of the deaths are as graphic as anything you would see in a decent horror movie.

In the first episode it was pretty cool when A-train ran right through the girl and all you saw was blood. I could see how there are many aspects of horror. But, as you said, straddles many genres. I really prefer straight horror/thriller. Maybe Ill give it another go.
X

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2020, 11:04:42 AM »
In the first episode it was pretty cool when A-train ran right through the girl and all you saw was blood. I could see how there are many aspects of horror. But, as you said, straddles many genres. I really prefer straight horror/thriller. Maybe Ill give it another go.

Give it a try and let me know what you think after!
Q