Author Topic: 2021 Deathpool thread  (Read 66029 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: 2021 Deathpool thread
« Reply #525 on: December 10, 2021, 08:27:03 PM »
Robert Michael Nesmith (December 30, 1942 – December 10, 2021)

Nesmith was best known as a member of the pop rock band the Monkees and co-star of the TV series The Monkees (1966–1968). Nesmith's songwriting credits include "Different Drum" (sung by Linda Ronstadt with the Stone Poneys). Nesmith began his recording career in 1963 by releasing a single on the Highness label. He followed this in 1965 with a one-off single released on Edan Records followed by two more recorded singles; one was titled "The New Recruit" under the name "Michael Blessing", released on Colpix Records, coincidentally also the label of Davy Jones, though they did not meet until the Monkees formed. Once he was cast, Screen Gems bought his songs so they could be used in the show. Many of the songs Nesmith wrote for the Monkees, such as "The Girl I Knew Somewhere", "Mary, Mary", and "Listen to the Band", became minor hits. After the break-up of the Monkees, Nesmith continued his successful songwriting and performing career, first with the seminal country rock group the First National Band, with whom he had a top-40 hit, "Joanne", and then as a solo artist. He played a 12-string guitar, performing on a custom-built Gretsch electric during his time with the Monkees and various 12-string acoustic models during his post-Monkees career.

He was also an executive producer of the cult film Repo Man (1984). In 1981, Nesmith won the first Grammy Award given for Video of the Year for his hour-long television show, Elephant Parts. In addition, Nesmith formed the Pacific Arts Corporation, Inc. in 1974 to manage and develop media projects. Pacific Arts Video became a pioneer in the home video market, producing and distributing a wide variety of videotaped programs. Nesmith was married three times and had four children. Nesmith was forced to cancel the last four dates of his 2018 tour with Micky Dolenz due to a "minor health scare". In an interview with Rolling Stone published on July 26 of that year, Nesmith said he had undergone quadruple bypass heart surgery, and had been hospitalized for over a month.

Nesmith died at his home on December 10, 2021, at age 78, of unspecified natural causes, according to a family statement sent to Rolling Stone magazine.

From what I have seen and read, Nesmith was a libtard who hated President Trump, ergo he must've died from shame. 

Yes, it is sad that there is only one Monkee left.  Hopefully Dolenze isn't as left as Nesmith.  And yeah, I enjoyed their recordings form the 60s.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #526 on: December 11, 2021, 08:44:38 AM »
Nesmith's mother invented "wite-out" correction fluid and became wealthy.

He was quite a talented dude.

From what I've read, the Monkeys music recordings were performed by studio musicians.  Some of the group members were really actors and had to learn and practice up quite a bit so they could actually play the songs in concert.

Peter Tork, who also recently died, was the best musician in the group.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #527 on: December 11, 2021, 09:30:10 AM »
fantasy artist Chris Achilleos passed away on December 6th. He was 74
R.I.P.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #528 on: December 12, 2021, 09:35:19 AM »
Anne Rice, author of Interview With the Vampire, dies aged 80

Anne Rice, the bestselling author of Interview With the Vampire, has died at the age of 80.

The gothic novelist’s son, Christopher Rice, said in a statement on Sunday morning that Rice had “passed away due to complications resulting from a stroke”, adding: “The immensity of our family’s grief cannot be overstated.”

Rice wrote more than 30 books but was best known for her debut novel, Interview With the Vampire, which introduced the world to the saga of the vampire Lestat and moved from 18th-century Louisiana through the next 200 years. Published in 1976, it was made into a film in 1994 starring Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt and Kirsten Dunst. Audrey guy described it as Rice’s “masterpiece”.

Rice wrote a further 12 novels in the Vampire Chronicles series, and was dismissive of the sparkly, vegetarian version of vampires made popular in Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series, saying she felt “sorry for vampires that sparkle in the sun” and that Lestat “would never hurt immortals who choose to spend eternity going to high school over and over again in a small town”.

The horror legend Ramsey Campbell said Rice wrote “in the great tradition of the gothic, both thematically and in her prose”. “I would argue it’s a specifically female lineage that stretches from the classical gothics but in particular from Mary Shelley, in its humanisation of the monster and the way it accords him a thoroughly literate voice,” Campbell said.

The bestselling horror author Sarah Pinborough, whose Behind Her Eyes was recently adapted for Netflix, praised how Rice had transformed the genre. “I have had a fascination with vampires since early childhood and when I found Rice’s work I absolutely loved how she took that genre and created such a vivid world and characters within it and, more importantly, made them feel so contemporary and relevant,” she said.

Rice was also known for her erotic fiction Sleeping Beauty series, and for novels about the life of Christ and about angels, written after she returned to her childhood faith of Catholicism in 1998 after decades of atheism. Rice said at the time that she “consecrated her writing entirely to Christ, vowing to write for Him or about Him”.

But she later “quit” Christianity, writing on her Facebook page: “In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen.”

Rice’s husband, the poet Stan Rice, died in 2002. As well as Christopher, the couple had a daughter, Michele, who died of leukaemia in 1972 at the age of six. Rice started writing in the years after Michele’s death, telling the Guardian in 2010: “It was really a desperate attempt to be somebody. I looked around after my daughter’s death and realised I was nobody and nothing. I wasn’t even a mother any more. I had nothing.”

Interview With the Vampire was published in 1976, and Christopher, who is also a writer, was born two years later. He said his mother “taught me to defy genre boundaries and surrender to my obsessive passions”.

He said: “In her final hours, I sat beside her hospital bed in awe of her accomplishments and her courage, awash in memories of a life that took us from the fog-laced hills of the San Francisco Bay area to the magical streets of New Orleans to the twinkling vistas of southern California.

“As she kissed Anne goodbye, her younger sister Karen said: ‘What a ride you took us on, kid.’ I think we can all agree. Let us take comfort in the shared hope that Anne is now experiencing first-hand the glorious answers to many great spiritual and cosmic questions, the quest for which defined her life and career.”

He said a public celebration of Rice’s life would be held next year in New Orleans, where the author was born and raised.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/dec/12/anne-rice-author-of-interview-with-the-vampire-dies-aged-80

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #529 on: December 19, 2021, 03:17:06 PM »
Not even safe backstage

Drakeo the Ruler Dead from LA Stabbing at Festival, Snoop Dogg Responds

L.A. rapper Drakeo the Ruler is dead after a stabbing at the Snoop Dogg-headlined Once Upon a Time festival concert ... TMZ has learned.

Drakeo was one of the dozens of billed performers at the huge all-day event Saturday in L.A.'s Exposition Park.

He was backstage around 8:30 PM when a fight broke out -- and during the altercation, he got stabbed ... according to law enforcement sources

We're told LAPD, California Highway Patrol and the fire department responded, and Drakeo was rushed to a hospital -- but multiple sources tell us he died from his injuries.

There are reports he was stabbed in the neck, but we haven't confirmed that yet.

We're told cops are investigating and will try to interview all artists and their entourages who were in the area when the fight started.

After the fight and Drakeo's stabbing, concert organizers shut down the festival -- so headliners like Snoop and 50 Cent never even took the stage.

SD says he was informed about the stabbing while he was in his dressing room, and immediately left the grounds. In the same breath, he sent condolences to Drakeo's family.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/19/drakeo-the-ruler-dead-dies-stabbing-once-upon-a-time-concert-los-angeles/?fbclid=IwAR0zzAYAbsNLsvxbxQCtALnPADjsloNHW7bFJHoUpcjtkDNQvb4xRg3W5GU

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #530 on: December 19, 2021, 07:00:11 PM »
Not even safe backstage

L.A. rapper Drakeo the Ruler is dead after a stabbing at the Snoop Dogg-headlined Once Upon a Time festival concert ... TMZ has learned.

Drakeo was one of the dozens of billed performers at the huge all-day event Saturday in L.A.'s Exposition Park.

He was backstage around 8:30 PM when a fight broke out -- and during the altercation, he got stabbed ... according to law enforcement sources

We're told LAPD, California Highway Patrol and the fire department responded, and Drakeo was rushed to a hospital -- but multiple sources tell us he died from his injuries.

There are reports he was stabbed in the neck, but we haven't confirmed that yet.

We're told cops are investigating and will try to interview all artists and their entourages who were in the area when the fight started.

After the fight and Drakeo's stabbing, concert organizers shut down the festival -- so headliners like Snoop and 50 Cent never even took the stage.

SD says he was informed about the stabbing while he was in his dressing room, and immediately left the grounds. In the same breath, he sent condolences to Drakeo's family.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/19/drakeo-the-ruler-dead-dies-stabbing-once-upon-a-time-concert-los-angeles/?fbclid=IwAR0zzAYAbsNLsvxbxQCtALnPADjsloNHW7bFJHoUpcjtkDNQvb4xRg3W5GU

"Dra-K-E-O"?  FTN.
Another cRap fArteest dead...Flies everywhere are in mourning.  There goes the hope of a tenth symphony...

No such thing as "cLM"?  cRap Lives Matter?    I for one am thrilled that the "bruthas" or "brothas" (what kind of turd refers to themselves in such a manner?) have stepped up to the plate and decided to kill one another with a degree of frequency.  One supposes those crosses around his neck were placed there by whitey and later set on fire?

A high school Petri dish has more culture than these turds.  Survival of the shitest...Fuck them all to Hades.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: December 19, 2021, 07:12:54 PM »
Not even safe backstage

A culture/scene/music by retards for retards.

This burnout stain won’t be missed. Just like all the others.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #532 on: December 22, 2021, 09:19:28 PM »
 :'(

Alicia Witt's Parents Found Dead After Welfare Check: 'The Outcome Was Unimaginable'

Actress Alicia Witt suffered an "unimaginable" tragedy this week, after both of her parents were found dead inside their Worcester, Massachusetts home on Monday night.

The discovery came after Witt, known for her work on "Cybill," "Nashville" and the film "Urban Legend," had a relative check on parents Robert and Diane Witt after not hearing from them for several days.

"I reached out to a cousin who lives close to my parents to check on them. Sadly, the outcome was unimaginable," she said in a statement. "I ask for some privacy at this time to grieve and to wrap my head around this turn of events, and this surreal loss."

According to the Worcester Telegram & Gazette, police came to aid the relative in checking the home, where officers found the couple, dead. Police said there "was no trauma" and firefighters on the scene found no evidence of noxious gases, including carbon monoxide.

Autopsies will determine the cause of death.

"I can confirm that police were dispatched to the residence and discovered a male and a female deceased. There were no signs of foul play. It is under investigation," Worcester police added in a statement to the Boston Herald.

Neighbors reported the couple kept to themselves and "were rarely seen outside the home." One neighbor said she believed the two had "been ill for some time."

Witt last posted about her "amazing" dad on Father's Day of 2021, calling him "the wise and hilarious and always curious one, the greatest teacher, and the OG Witty." Sharing a photo of them from 2015, she added, "i am deeply blessed in the dad department and i know that every single day ❤️"

She also shared a tribute to her mom in 2018 on Mother's Day.

https://toofab.com/2021/12/22/alicia-witt-parents-dead/?fbclid=IwAR3wqcEzhokyhFva_w0I10f_-0sQMZvY5_ptuAb9JqBGH1BfDG4iXk4vhsY

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #533 on: December 23, 2021, 07:18:12 AM »
Mutual suicide likely.^

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #534 on: December 23, 2021, 09:59:39 AM »

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #535 on: December 23, 2021, 10:01:21 AM »
Hopefully somebody will call the 2022 version of this the "Obituary Thread". It is not a deadpool thread. HTH

Agreed - there should be 2 threads - obituary and deadpool

Instructions for each on page 1

It's virtually impossible* to find winners when the thread is this big

*For someone as lazy as me ;D
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #536 on: December 23, 2021, 10:03:33 AM »
Mutual suicide likely.^

Or experimentation with cutting-edge pyschonootropics from the Dark Web...

They look the type... ;)
T

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #537 on: December 27, 2021, 07:27:46 PM »
Battled prostate cancer for 24 years.  :(

Remembering Desmond Tutu’s life and legacy

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #538 on: December 27, 2021, 07:32:36 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #539 on: December 27, 2021, 11:54:04 PM »
You meant to tell me that DRAKEO died?  LOL  ;D

Who the fuck would name their kid DRAKEO ?  :D

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #540 on: December 28, 2021, 04:53:00 PM »
NFL Legend John Madden Dead At 85

John Madden -- the NFL coaching and broadcasting legend who's also the namesake of the famed "Madden" video game franchise -- has died, the NFL announced.

He was 85 years old.

The league said he passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday morning.

"Nobody loved football more than Coach," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement Tuesday evening. "He was football. He was an incredible sounding board to me and so many others."

"There will never be another John Madden, and we will forever be indebted to him for all he did to make football and the NFL what it is today."

Madden is one of the most iconic figures in NFL history -- he dominated as a head coach of the Oakland Raiders, winning Super Bowl XI and finishing his career with a 103-32-7 record.

After his time as a head man on the sidelines ended, he went on to become one of the greatest color commentators ever -- famously teaming up with Pat Summerall to break down key NFL games for decades.

He was eventually inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2006 -- and his popular terms "Boom!" and "Turducken" are still used around NFL broadcast booths to this day.

"I am not aware of anyone who has made a more meaningful impact on the National Football League than John Madden," Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in a statement Tuesday. "And I know of no one who loved the game more."

Madden, though, is perhaps most known for his association with the insanely popular "Madden" football video game.

Casual fans, NFL players, and even coaches around the league play it religiously ... and the franchise -- which comes out with a new iteration yearly -- is reportedly worth around $4 billion.

Madden also gained fame in his career for his role as a pitchman -- he hawked products like Miller Lite and Tinactin, and appeared in notable commercials regularly.

Madden is survived by his wife Virginia, and his two sons, Joseph and Michael.

RIP.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/12/28/nfl-legend-john-madden-dead-at-85/

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #541 on: December 28, 2021, 09:06:41 PM »

Aw - no way man!  I loved his music  :'(  Here's my favourite (religious guy all the way)

T

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: December 28, 2021, 09:09:16 PM »
True Hebrew approved.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #543 on: December 31, 2021, 03:09:13 AM »
Did anyone get more than 1?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #544 on: December 31, 2021, 12:50:37 PM »
RIP Betty White

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #545 on: December 31, 2021, 05:16:18 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #546 on: January 26, 2022, 04:23:29 PM »
Mutual suicide likely.^

Actor Alicia Witt is opening up about the loss of her parents a little over a month after they were found dead in their Worcester, Massachusetts home.

"It still doesn't feel real. It’s been a month since i got scared, not having heard back from them, and called to have them checked on," the "Walking Dead" star wrote in a lengthy Facebook post on Tuesday. "Waiting, phone in hand, praying fervently that the next call would be from them, angry i’d gotten someone else involved. knowing as soon as i heard the detective’s voice on the other line that they were gone. knowing i would never hear their voices again. beginning the rest of my life of finding them on the breeze, in a song, in a dream."

Robert Witt, 87, and Diane Witt, 75, were found dead by police on Dec. 20 after Alicia Witt asked a cousin who lives nearby to check on them.

There were reports the couple had been having furnace problems, according to The Telegram & Gazette. Local station WFXT reported that their deaths are believed to be from hypothermia.

Alicia Witt wrote that there were a number of "misconceptions" about her parents' deaths, and said she was unaware that they were having heating issues.

In her post, she explained that her parents were "fiercely stubborn, beautifully original souls" who would not accept her offers to help them.

"I hadn’t been allowed inside my parents’ home for well over a decade; every time i offered to have something repaired for them, they refused to allow workers into their house. i begged, cried, tried to reason with them, tried to convince them to let me help them move — but every time, they became furious with me, telling me i had no right to tell them how to live their lives and that they had it all under control. it was not for a lack of trying on my part, or the part of other people who loved them. My parents were not penniless," she posted.

The actor, who has appeared in a number of movies and television shows including "Last Holiday," said she still struggles thinking about what else she could have done for her parents.

“I had no idea that their heat had gone out. i will never understand how or why they made the choice not to tell me this, not to let me help them with this. my heart is broken," she wrote.

Despite the struggles, Alicia Witt said she is "deeply grateful" that she had the opportunity to have a private funeral in Worcester for her parents earlier this month. She ended the post by saying the last words she exchanged with her parents were "I love you."

"That part was simple; never in doubt," she wrote, "they loved me so. i loved them so."

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/walking-dead-actor-alicia-witt-says-parents-sudden-death-still-doesnt-rcna13602

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: August 30, 2022, 02:39:24 PM »
I cant keep up with the Deathpool threads but someone must have had Gorby....

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #548 on: August 31, 2022, 01:47:18 AM »
I thought he was already dead.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #549 on: August 31, 2022, 02:11:51 AM »
I thought he was already dead.

I thought Gorby was long-dead, I guess not...