Author Topic: Gyms are back open, but....  (Read 7880 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Gyms are back open, but....
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 01:31:03 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2021, 04:11:34 PM »

I agree with you. This doesn't make sense at all. Maybe you could make your workout one big super-set so there is never a moment you aren't working out (I'm kidding, of course).

Is the gym you go to in L.A. County? If it is and if the Protocol for Gyms and Fitness Establishments: Appendix L hasn't changed since March 15, 2021, the gym is in violation of the mask wearing policy where it states, "For both indoor and outdoor operations, all employees and patrons must wear an appropriate face mask at all times except when swimming."  http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/docs/protocols/Reopening_FitnessEstablishments.pdf

Gyms in Oregon that actually closed (some did not even though they were in violation of governor Brown's mandate) have reopened. According to the webpage for the 24 Hour Fitness nearest me, masks are required (Members are required to wear masks and check local government requirements associated with mitigating the risk of COVID-19.) There is also a note that some amenities are closed....probably the pool.

I have not been to any gym for several months even though one of the independent gyms where I am a member stayed open. The last time I went there, all the staff were wearing masks but most of the folks working out were not. If they had one on, it was pulled down. Since I haven't been back recently, I don't know if this is still the case.

L.A. Fitness is also open now. The last time I was there which was also several months ago before they closed for the second time, masks were required. All the patrons I saw were in compliance, so I assume the staff was enforcing that rule. One thing that is great about this gym is that it is huge. All the equipment is really well spaced although I don't know if it is all 6' or more apart. Anyway, I felt pretty comfortable going there. The only issue is that it is a bit of a drive from where I live.

Yesterday, I ordered and payed for a meatball sandwich from the Subway near me using the Subway App. They give you an idea of when it will be ready for pickup. There is a rack just inside the entrance which is apart from where the sandwiches are prepared. So there is no human interchange. Anyway, I picked it up not realizing I'd forgotten the mask until I was headed back to car. If they saw me, they probably though I was an asshole. LOL!

I find wearing a mask very uncomfortable. For this reason, I only put it on where it is required. It kills me when I see people driving down the street alone in their cars and they have a mask on.   

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2021, 04:40:29 PM »
I agree with you. This doesn't make sense at all. Maybe you could make your workout one big super-set so there is never a moment you aren't working out (I'm kidding, of course).

Is the gym you go to in L.A. County? If it is and if the Protocol for Gyms and Fitness Establishments: Appendix L hasn't changed since March 15, 2021, the gym is in violation of the mask wearing policy where it states, "For both indoor and outdoor operations, all employees and patrons must wear an appropriate face mask at all times except when swimming."  http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/docs/protocols/Reopening_FitnessEstablishments.pdf

Gyms in Oregon that actually closed (some did not even though they were in violation of governor Brown's mandate) have reopened. According to the webpage for the 24 Hour Fitness nearest me, masks are required (Members are required to wear masks and check local government requirements associated with mitigating the risk of COVID-19.) There is also a note that some amenities are closed....probably the pool.

I have not been to any gym for several months even though one of the independent gyms where I am a member stayed open. The last time I went there, all the staff were wearing masks but most of the folks working out were not. If they had one on, it was pulled down. Since I haven't been back recently, I don't know if this is still the case.

L.A. Fitness is also open now. The last time I was there which was also several months ago before they closed for the second time, masks were required. All the patrons I saw were in compliance, so I assume the staff was enforcing that rule. One thing that is great about this gym is that it is huge. All the equipment is really well spaced although I don't know if it is all 6' or more apart. Anyway, I felt pretty comfortable going there. The only issue is that it is a bit of a drive from where I live.

Yesterday, I ordered and payed for a meatball sandwich from the Subway near me using the Subway App. They give you an idea of when it will be ready for pickup. There is a rack just inside the entrance which is apart from where the sandwiches are prepared. So there is no human interchange. Anyway, I picked it up not realizing I'd forgotten the mask until I was headed back to car. If they saw me, they probably though I was an asshole. LOL!

I find wearing a mask very uncomfortable. For this reason, I only put it on where it is required. It kills me when I see people driving down the street alone in their cars and they have a mask on.

Respectfully, why in the fuck do you care?  I find myself wearing my mask in my car and other places where it's not required simply because I forget it's there and forgot to take it off. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2021, 04:57:27 PM »

Pools are open at the 24-Hour Fitness clubs in Florida (at least in Orange County).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2021, 05:35:18 PM »
Respectfully, why in the fuck do you care?  I find myself wearing my mask in my car and other places where it's not required simply because I forget it's there and forgot to take it off.

Dude - its a sign of blind obedience to bs rules.   Wearing a mask does nothing whatsoever.   nothing. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2021, 06:01:10 PM »
Dude - its a sign of blind obedience to bs rules.   Wearing a mask does nothing whatsoever.   nothing.

Let's assume I agree with your statement on masks.  I don't, but let's assume.  I would still where it where and when it's mandatory and also wear it around those also wearing them out of respect/kindness.  I put it on when I go into the grocery store.  Sometimes I get in my car and forget it's on.  Often times until I pull in my driveway I still have it on.  So if Prime were driving past me and saw me wearing it he'd be wrong in assuming I'm a wear my mask by myself when alone in the car freak. 

That being said, they do work and Dr. Fauci NEVER said they DON'T work.  I wear a very simple one layer cotton mask.  I put a feather on my desk at work.  I put my masked mouth right up to the feather and blew with all my might (no homo) and it didn't budge.  That tells me that if I have covid and have my mask on properly I can sneeze in your unmasked face and you are protected.  For me it's about others.  It's about being my brothers keeper.  It's a respect thing.  Also, there is no down side to wearing one.  There are ZERO ramifications to healthy people masking up. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2021, 06:08:55 PM »
I only wear on if a private biz requires it.  Otherwise fng hell f no.   Wearing a face diaper is so stupid.  It does nothing.  If you are not sick - you are not spreading anything.    Crazy concept I know.

Let's assume I agree with your statement on masks.  I don't, but let's assume.  I would still where it where and when it's mandatory and also wear it around those also wearing them out of respect/kindness.  I put it on when I go into the grocery store.  Sometimes I get in my car and forget it's on.  Often times until I pull in my driveway I still have it on.  So if Prime were driving past me and saw me wearing it he'd be wrong in assuming I'm a wear my mask by myself when alone in the car freak. 

That being said, they do work and Dr. Fauci NEVER said they DON'T work.  I wear a very simple one layer cotton mask.  I put a feather on my desk at work.  I put my masked mouth right up to the feather and blew with all my might (no homo) and it didn't budge.  That tells me that if I have covid and have my mask on properly I can sneeze in your unmasked face and you are protected.  For me it's about others.  It's about being my brothers keeper.  It's a respect thing.  Also, there is no down side to wearing one.  There are ZERO ramifications to healthy people masking up.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2021, 06:15:15 PM »

Fauci actually did say they didn't work. He later admitted that he did such to keep people from snatching them up, so that medical professionals wouldn't have any to use in their hospitals and nursing homes.

The tech-nazis at Facebook and Twitter may flag you for posting any anti-mask stuff, even what Fauci and the CDC said last year.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2021, 06:27:31 PM »

https://www.bitchute.com/video/46r5cSxYUuHz/

Whenever I see an asshole wearing a surgical mask outside or in the car I just start seething. It’s good though because then I can hit a new PR in the gym later that day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2021, 06:41:50 PM »

I don't care. My point was for me wearing a mask is really, really uncomfortable. It is hard to relate to someone who's able to do that. Obviously, if you forget you have yours on, wearing one doesn't bother you. If you were me, you'd be ripping it off or at least slipping it down as soon as possible.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2021, 07:03:22 PM »
This mask, the Shema97, is the one many NCAA Coaches wear on the sidelines.  It has a microfiber insert and isn't that bad, especially if you wear it where the bottom is open (for just the appearance of compliance).

https://store.helmetfitting.com/product/active-mask/

Sadly my gym requires masks or face shields.  I'd rather do it at this point than skip working out and do pull it down for the actual lifting for most things.  Obstructing breathing for heavy lifts like bench when you have a weight over your head is absolutely dangerous, you can Valsalva yourself and pass out 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2021, 07:09:43 PM »
In an email from YouTube...fuckers took it down. Onto Rumble

“How your content violated the policy

YouTube doesn’t allow content that explicitly disputes the efficacy of local health authorities’ or World Health Organization (WHO) guidance on social distancing and self isolation that may lead people to act against that guidance”

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2021, 07:12:42 PM »
In an email from YouTube

YouTube doesn’t allow content that explicitly disputes the efficacy of local health authorities’ or World Health Organization (WHO) guidance on social distancing and self isolation that may lead people to act against that guidance”

There's no chance you got flagged just by their algorithm.  Someone (probably from here) reported you.  Fess up, whoever did it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2021, 07:14:32 PM »
In an email from YouTube...fuckers took it down. Onto Rumble

Seriously? This is unbelievable.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2021, 07:15:39 PM »
In an email from YouTube

WOW!

Let’s assume your video ended up with 1 million views. How many people does YouTube realistically think you would influence to not wear masks, 500,000?

The fact that your video was taken down so quickly because your view doesn’t mesh with the “GUIDELINES”  is bothersome...... everyone still will wear a mask; the same way we wear shoes and shirts. What a joke.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2021, 07:16:50 PM »
Fauci actually did say they didn't work. He later admitted that he did such to keep people from snatching them up, so that medical professionals wouldn't have any to use in their hospitals and nursing homes.

The tech-nazis at Facebook and Twitter may flag you for posting any anti-mask stuff, even what Fauci and the CDC said last year.

One year ago today

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2021, 07:17:55 PM »
Covid-faceoff on Train

“Are you f*ckin’ born and bred?!” the woman yells. “Are you a f*cking Abo?!”

Moments later, she tells one of them, “F*ck your face mask you disease-carrying motherf*cker.”

Q

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2021, 07:22:14 PM »

As it turns out, if you're not sick with a virus, you can't spread a virus to other people. Go figure.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2021, 07:26:15 PM »
As it turns out, if you're not sick with a virus, you can't spread a virus to other people. Go figure.

No shit sherlock but you can spread the virus before you feel sick. 

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2021, 07:32:43 PM »

As was the case in a tiny minority of flu transmissions your entire life prior to COVID.

You didn't wear a mask until you were told to. Why is that?

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2021, 07:38:21 PM »

He doesn’t care.

He is a senile old phaggot who comes here to troll because he has no one or nothing else in his life.

And the shitbag won’t have anyone in the afterlife either.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2021, 07:40:13 PM »
So wear your mask, peasant!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2021, 07:41:37 PM »

Oh fuck you, you lazy kunt. Go get off your fat ass and search for research out of Singapore - the universities there are world class, unlike the diploma mill you went to in Florida, lol

Why would I waste my time searching for somehting you either imagined or just completely misunderstood
If you're going to make a post about a "study" then post a link or STFU

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2021, 07:42:45 PM »
Wearing a mask will prevent Covid spreading. 

This statement is both true and false, depending on what you mean.

Covid is out there and spreading through the population no matter what.  Masks don't prevent that nor does social distancing.  Those measures are theater.  Look at CA v. Florida or Texas.  So it's false if you think prevent means it will have a substantial impact on the spread.

It's true if you think it means it will prevent some amount of Covid virus being spread from that one person wearing the mask.  Yes, it will sop up some.  But plenty is still getting out.

Not to invoke Howard, but most people wear underwear and pants (double masked), yet you can still smell their farts. 

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2021, 07:47:31 PM »
As was the case in a tiny minority of flu transmissions your entire life prior to COVID.

You didn't wear a mask until you were told to. Why is that?

Because this is much more deadly, long lasting and contagious than the flu.  Also, burying a loved one and coming close to burying a 2nd one.  I know a handful of people who a year later still have some side effects from their covid case.  I don't know a single soul in the 47 years I've been alive that didn't fully recover from the flu within a week or two at the utmost.  I've known one person in the same 47 years who was admitted to the hospital for the flu.  I know several who've been admitted for covid.