Poll

Stay
45 (45.5%)
Go
41 (41.4%)
Crossfire in a Revolution
13 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Strawman  (Read 161445 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Strawman
« Reply #2200 on: June 16, 2021, 12:59:23 PM »
Suppose it's all about perspective....

disinfectant
[ˌdisənˈfektənt]
NOUN
a chemical liquid that destroys bacteria.
"all surfaces are cleaned manually or by pressure washer with disinfectant" · [more]
synonyms:
bactericide · germicide · antiseptic · sterilizer · sanitizer · cleaning agent · cleansing agent · cleanser · decontaminant · fumigant
ADJECTIVE
causing the destruction of bacteria.

"cleansing and disinfectant products"
synonyms:
germicidal · bactericidal · medicated

and again, Covid is a VIRUS and not a BACTERIA

Most disinfectants that I know of are used to clean surfaces (which can kill both viruses and bacteria)

Let me know which one of those items on your list you'd like to inject into your body

Once the virus is inside your body and in your cells a disinfectant is not going to do anything to kill it no matter how much you inject.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2201 on: June 16, 2021, 01:01:36 PM »
and again, Covid is a VIRUS and not a BACTERIA

Most disinfectants that I know of are used to clean surfaces (which can kill both viruses and bacteria)

Let me know which one of those items on your list you'd like to inject into your body

Once the virus is inside your body and in your cells a disinfectant is not going to do anything to kill it no matter how much you inject.

YES or NO - did you clean up the yard already? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2202 on: June 16, 2021, 02:12:27 PM »

😂😂😂😂

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2203 on: June 16, 2021, 02:48:24 PM »
Suppose it's all about perspective....

disinfectant
[ˌdisənˈfektənt]
NOUN
a chemical liquid that destroys bacteria.
"all surfaces are cleaned manually or by pressure washer with disinfectant" · [more]
synonyms:
bactericide · germicide · antiseptic · sterilizer · sanitizer · cleaning agent · cleansing agent · cleanser · decontaminant · fumigant
ADJECTIVE
causing the destruction of bacteria.

"cleansing and disinfectant products"
synonyms:
germicidal · bactericidal · medicated

Depending on the type of disinfectant, they can kill viruses prior to their infecting a host. Bleach is still one of the most common and available disinfectants that kills the broadest range of viruses, including hepatitis C which is resistant to many other disinfectants.

Antibiotics do not work on viruses, such as those that cause colds, flu, bronchitis, or runny noses, even if the mucus is thick, yellow, or green. Antibiotics are only needed for treating certain infections caused by bacteria.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2204 on: June 16, 2021, 06:52:35 PM »

Glory Holes Swallower talks about viruses  ::) ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2205 on: June 16, 2021, 07:21:11 PM »

Glory Holes Swallower talks about viruses  ::) ::)

You are a jerk. But hey whatever it takes for you to feel good about yourself....go for it.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2206 on: June 16, 2021, 07:26:52 PM »
You are a jerk.

Report me to Dementia Joe !.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2207 on: June 16, 2021, 07:35:23 PM »
Report me to Dementia Joe !.

I already have. They are coming for you.  ;)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2208 on: June 17, 2021, 04:35:31 AM »

I bet they get some good stuff and re-sell it.

Clever the way the owner avoided answering the question about cost.

Just tell us the cost for 1/4...1/2...3/4...full truck.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2209 on: June 17, 2021, 10:31:09 AM »

these guys made a very lucrative career out of being garbage pickers.
F

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2210 on: June 17, 2021, 12:13:35 PM »

They pretty much take everything you want to get rid of including trash. Many of the thrift stores, including Goodwill, have very limited pickup service if any since the start of the pandemic. Goodwill has also closed many of their drop off locations. 1-800-Got-Junk is a brilliant idea.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2211 on: June 17, 2021, 02:33:22 PM »
They pretty much take everything you want to get rid of including trash. Many of the thrift stores, including Goodwill, have very limited pickup service if any since the start of the pandemic. Goodwill has also closed many of their drop off locations. 1-800-Got-Junk is a brilliant idea.

Not really.  When I bought the condo I own as a rental, I tried to get them to come pick up a marble wall unit with a built in Murphy bed that was in the condo's guest bedroom.  They said that they would take the bed frame, weight balance hinges, mattress and bed dressings (comforter, pillows, etc.) but they would not take the Murphy bed frame.  It was beautiful full wall frame with recessed lighting, shelves, and cabinets.  They said it would be too much to move it due to the weight.

I ended up having a guy come over with a stone cutter and cut it into pieces to be taken out.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2212 on: June 17, 2021, 03:11:57 PM »
Not really.  When I bought the condo I own as a rental, I tried to get them to come pick up a marble wall unit with a built in Murphy bed that was in the condo's guest bedroom.  They said that they would take the bed frame, weight balance hinges, mattress and bed dressings (comforter, pillows, etc.) but they would not take the Murphy bed frame.  It was beautiful full wall frame with recessed lighting, shelves, and cabinets.  They said it would be too much to move it due to the weight.

I ended up having a guy come over with a stone cutter and cut it into pieces to be taken out.

Interesting....they claim they take pianos which is about the heaviest single thing in my house. When I was thinking about unloading mine, I called them and confirmed they took pianos. Turns out, I wasn't ready to let it go yet. They charge based on how much space your stuff takes up in their truck....apparently not by weight.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2213 on: June 17, 2021, 05:04:55 PM »
Interesting....they claim they take pianos which is about the heaviest single thing in my house. When I was thinking about unloading mine, I called them and confirmed they took pianos. Turns out, I wasn't ready to let it go yet. They charge based on how much space your stuff takes up in their truck....apparently not by weight.

Call ANTIFA, they'll 'help you'  ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2214 on: June 18, 2021, 10:03:26 AM »
F

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2215 on: June 18, 2021, 10:17:30 AM »

Pianos are a bit more mobile than this.  This was attached to the wall (obviously as it was real marble and weighed a ton), but apparently they just didn't want to do the labor in removing it due to the weight.  The guy that I did hire to take it out cut it into sections to make it more manageable weight wise.

The original owners that had it installed had it built in one place and then transported to the property where they had to hire a crane barge to come up the Intracoastal and lift it to the 18th floor.  They had to take the balcony doors out and the railing down in order to actually get it in the place.

When the sold the condo to the next owners (the ones I bought it from), they told me they wanted it removed but didn't want to spend all the money on the crane barge and getting permits, etc..  so they left it like it was.  It was a total beast.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2216 on: June 18, 2021, 10:47:14 AM »

Do you even have to balance that thing?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2217 on: June 18, 2021, 10:53:25 AM »
Do you even have to balance that thing?
I don't think so, if you did it would probably roll on you and crush you.
F

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2218 on: June 18, 2021, 10:54:34 AM »
Here we are YET AGAIN.   Another weekend, another opportunity to tidy up the filth and pig sty. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2219 on: June 18, 2021, 11:32:35 AM »
    the comeback
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2220 on: June 18, 2021, 01:04:35 PM »

F

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2221 on: June 18, 2021, 05:42:01 PM »
Here we are YET AGAIN.   Another weekend, another opportunity to tidy up the filth and pig sty.
Can't clean the yard when your fingers are pointing at everyone else.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #2222 on: June 18, 2021, 07:52:21 PM »
Can't clean the yard when your fingers are pointing at everyone else.

Or they're spreading his own butt cheeks so Straw can shove his head up his butt and be an anal ostrich, aka, Asstrich.

He needs to  Covid up or Kobe down as he is an anti-American twatling.  I really hope he and his comrades-in-cum get teh LemonAIDS and die.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2223 on: June 18, 2021, 08:40:10 PM »
The left still believing Trump said use disinfectant, mocked a disabled journalist, had an affair with a stripper, caused an “insurrection”, used military to clear a park 😂

Coach.. I'm trying to let the political stuff go. It just doesn't matter. But when I read that you listed "had an affair with a stripper" as one of the things the Left still believe it gave me pause. So you're saying some of the right believe he DIDN'T have an affair? Can you tell me in your own words why he paid her off through his attorney?  You could be right and that he didn't have an affair although I think we can all agree an affair for the Donald isn't unusual, I've just never met someone or had the chance to ask someone who believes he Didn't Have an affair with Stormy given the information readily available and so I'm just curious as to your opinion.   

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2224 on: June 18, 2021, 08:44:57 PM »
Trump definitely has a mind of his own and it is all about him 100% of the time. This probably has something to do with why people didn't vote for him this time around.

You and I have a different take on Biden. I think he has a lot of his own ideas, but he is also willing to work with others to achieve goals. With Trump, it was strictly his way or the highway via a Twitter post which amounted to "You're Fired!"

I think you are close. It wasn't necessarily his way. He really had no "way" prior to being elected. He flew by the seat of his pants on many things getting his marching orders from Hannity and the like. "His way" really amounted to what FOX News talking heads said that day, and what response he got from 35% of the Republican party. Which is why he lost to someone like Biden.