Author Topic: 15 Years Ago - Phil Pfister ended the drought...'06 MET-Rx World's Strongest Man  (Read 4110 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
1. Yes I thought Mariusz was the strongest man at strongman events, but I was convinced he would have been great/elite  at conventional strength events as well. However I forgot that he always performed  poorly at the Arnold events. I think at that time I attributed it the Arnold being a warm up to the WSM. But after googling it he never finished higher than 5th in an ASC. But in the early 2000’s I thought the ASC was the lesser of the two shows and that the lifts were even more gimmicky. But after reading this thread it seems the ASC was built to find out who really was strongest. Whereas the WSM had an element of athleticism.

If you watched the 2003 WSM which Mariusz dominated then you could easily walk away with that impression. Mariusz did beat big Z in the pressing and dead lifting events, but not because of raw power. They were not using heavy (for them) weights and it was about putting up the most reps in the fastest time. Mariusz was faster and more explosive. In comparison Big Z was slow, cramped up, gassed out and fell flat on his ass.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I'm just trying to remember who Mark Davis is  ??? ??? ???

So am I. But, he didn't win the first Arnold Strongman show. Mark Henry did.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
OK guys, as I mentioned the other day the events are going to be different this year including the new Titans Turntable. The events were announced to the competitors today so I can reveal all.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
OK guys, as I mentioned the other day the events are going to be different this year including the new Titans Turntable. The events were announced to the competitors today so I can reveal all.

Another thread claims there aren't going to be any fans at this year's WSM contest.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….

All the way big dude

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

All the way big dude

Big Z learned he needed to up the dose.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V

All the way big dude

A few months after the 2002 World's Strongest Man Championship, Perry died abruptly on November 21, 2002, from heart failure due to enormous size caused by steroid use. He was ranked fourth in the world by the International Federation of Strength Athletes at the time of his death.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • bhank is coming….
A few months after the 2002 World's Strongest Man Championship, Perry died abruptly on November 21, 2002, from heart failure due to enormous size caused by steroid use. He was ranked fourth in the world by the International Federation of Strength Athletes at the time of his death.

A true getbigger 

“ Perry died with no insurance and many debts. He is buried in a field beside his parents’ home, with only a tin funeral home plaque marking his grave.”

“ The blood toxicology report on Johnny Perry finds he had high levels of cocaine and the banned performance-enhancing drug G-H-B in his system when he died. G-H-B is gamma hydroxybutyrate, a "date-rape" drug that started out as a bodybuilding additive. The report also found Oxycodone in his system. His heart was enlarged.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2003-mar-30-adna-strongman23-story.html%3f_amp=true

https://www.wfmynews2.com/mobile/article/news/local/cocaine-banned-muscle-builder-found-in-dead-strongmans-system/83-404125893

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
A true getbigger 

“ Perry died with no insurance and many debts. He is buried in a field beside his parents’ home, with only a tin funeral home plaque marking his grave.”

“ The blood toxicology report on Johnny Perry finds he had high levels of cocaine and the banned performance-enhancing drug G-H-B in his system when he died. G-H-B is gamma hydroxybutyrate, a "date-rape" drug that started out as a bodybuilding additive. The report also found Oxycodone in his system. His heart was enlarged.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2003-mar-30-adna-strongman23-story.html%3f_amp=true

https://www.wfmynews2.com/mobile/article/news/local/cocaine-banned-muscle-builder-found-in-dead-strongmans-system/83-404125893

Perhaps that GHB, Oxycodone, and cocaine stuff had a WEEEEEE bit more to do with this guy's demise than anabolic steroids did, just a thought.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Perhaps that GHB, Oxycodone, and cocaine stuff had a WEEEEEE bit more to do with this guy's demise than anabolic steroids did, just a thought.

From Goo to You by Way of Worm Food?