Author Topic: Redcon 1 in Trouble?  (Read 3007 times)

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
Re: Redcon 1 in Trouble?
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 11:39:38 AM »
I was hoping she died.

Nice tits, but that dog face isn't going to do it for me.

Brutal
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2021, 11:40:17 AM »
I was hoping she died.

Nice tits, but that dog face isn't going to do it for me.

But funny  ;D
T

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2021, 11:40:19 AM »
Taking speed has nothing to do with working out. Meth and crack are not preworkout tools you are not getting big on speed about as dumb as thinking Nubain is a recovery tool

Actually, taking methamphetamine as a pre-workout substance was popular many years ago. And it did work:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/9561044_Enhancement_of_human_performance_by_caffeine_and_the_amphetamines

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2021, 11:52:01 AM »

47-54 is the same resting pulse as a very fit young person - so that's excellent! Mine has been pretty much the same since I was a teen - about 55-60, and I've been bicycle racing from the age of 14!

One of my best bike racing friends had a resting pulse in the low 30's - it was insane! We both did equally well in events so it really meant little what our resting pulse rates were.

Probably the most important heart rate measurement is your heart rate recovery time- how long it takes for the pulse to drop after a hard effort. That's often used on treadmill tests for heart function.
  I usually take it up to 105-120 range at it's highest, bike has a grip monitor on it.. when I'm done with the last circuit I unplug the bike turn off the music and go up two flights of steps, by then the rate has already dropped to low 90's. ???
F

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2021, 12:07:53 PM »
  I usually take it up to 105-120 range at it's highest, bike has a grip monitor on it.. when I'm done with the last circuit I unplug the bike turn off the music and go up two flights of steps, by then the rate has already dropped to low 90's. ???

Next time measure how quickly it goes from, say 120, to a point it flattens out (might be your resting pulse or an elevated but stable pulse). That's how I know my training is working and if I'm fit. Early season or after sickness it takes me a while to recover my pulse after hard efforts. In season, like now, it recovers very fast. So it's a very good way to monitor how you are adapting.

To give an example, on this past Tuesday on a bicycle training ride with a fast group my pulse was hovering between 160-170 the whole time. At one point we stopped to let riders catch back on and my pulse went from the 160's to the low 100's in less than a minute. So that tells me my fitness is good. Early season it might take twice as long to do the same thing. All this data came from my Garmin monitor after I downloaded it post ride.

My max pulse measured last year was 193. Riding at at average of 165 bpm puts me at 85% MHR and that is where I feel the best in training.

https://www.heart-health-guide.com/recovery-heart-rate.html

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2021, 12:21:24 PM »

Next time measure how quickly it goes from, say 120, to a point it flattens out (might be your resting pulse or an elevated but stable pulse). That's how I know my training is working and if I'm fit. Early season or after sickness it takes me a while to recover my pulse after hard efforts. In season, like now, it recovers very fast. So it's a very good way to monitor how you are adapting.

To give an example, on this past Tuesday on a bicycle training ride with a fast group my pulse was hovering between 160-170 the whole time. At one point we stopped to let riders catch back on and my pulse went from the 160's to the low 100's in less than a minute. So that tells me my fitness is good. Early season it might take twice as long to do the same thing. All this data came from my Garmin monitor after I downloaded it post ride.

My max pulse measured last year was 193. Riding at at average of 165 bpm puts me at 85% MHR and that is where I feel the best in training.

https://www.heart-health-guide.com/recovery-heart-rate.html
   thanks for the info. if i got my heart up that high it would probably explode. ;D
F

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2021, 12:48:15 PM »

Actually, taking methamphetamine as a pre-workout substance was popular many years ago. And it did work:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/9561044_Enhancement_of_human_performance_by_caffeine_and_the_amphetamines

There is a difference between being able to work yourself to death one workout and actually enhancing your future performance through gains. I would argue any temp energy gain is offset by the detrimental effects on recovery

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2021, 12:48:59 PM »
   thanks for the info. if i got my heart up that high it would probably explode. ;D

lol - it might! It's completely genetic. Another of my racing friends has a max pulse of about 155 and yet he is a far stronger rider than I am.

It appears the key heart rate measurement is your " Heart Rate Reserve" or HRR. That's just your maximum pulse minus your resting. Mine would be  a maximum of 193-55 = 138. I can guarantee I'm not going to improve on that number anymore! But it is a good benchmark for cardio fitness and has been correlated with heart attacks in younger men (the lower the HRR, the higher chance of heart trouble) . As you get older it still is important but other factors weigh in too.

https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2002/12000/Heart_rate_reserve_as_a_predictor_of.3.aspx

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2021, 12:56:03 PM »
I have not exercised today but I just woke up from an intense 4 hour afternoon nap sitting at 101bpm think I am ready to swim some laps

balsac69

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2021, 01:24:17 PM »
I have not exercised today but I just woke up from an intense 4 hour afternoon nap sitting at 101bpm think I am ready to swim some laps

Something def not right. You ever gone for an echocardiogram heart scan or ecg to check for left ventricular hypertrophy?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2021, 01:27:57 PM »
There is a difference between being able to work yourself to death one workout and actually enhancing your future performance through gains. I would argue any temp energy gain is offset by the detrimental effects on recovery

Translation: You didn't read the paper, lol.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2021, 01:32:41 PM »

Bhank, as a new poster,  you're doing a great job.

I'd love to see how people respond to you on social media.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2021, 12:55:02 PM »

lol - it might! It's completely genetic. Another of my racing friends has a max pulse of about 155 and yet he is a far stronger rider than I am.

It appears the key heart rate measurement is your " Heart Rate Reserve" or HRR. That's just your maximum pulse minus your resting. Mine would be  a maximum of 193-55 = 138. I can guarantee I'm not going to improve on that number anymore! But it is a good benchmark for cardio fitness and has been correlated with heart attacks in younger men (the lower the HRR, the higher chance of heart trouble) . As you get older it still is important but other factors weigh in too.

https://journals.lww.com/acsm-msse/Fulltext/2002/12000/Heart_rate_reserve_as_a_predictor_of.3.aspx
    I tried what you said start was 95-51 resting  after 15 minutes.  i got it up to 121 limped up the two flights of steps to oximeter it was 95-108 within one minute I was at 95 over 74. not really sure what any of it means. but my top to bottom differential was only  70 pretty pathetic to your range.
F

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2021, 02:05:59 PM »
    I tried what you said start was 95-51 resting  after 15 minutes.  i got it up to 121 limped up the two flights of steps to oximeter it was 95-108 within one minute I was at 95 over 74. not really sure what any of it means. but my top to bottom differential was only  70 pretty pathetic to your range.

It's all relative to your health Funk. The easiest way to keep track is to see how much your pulse drops in  1 min after a few minutes of  intense (or moderately intense) exercise. If after a few weeks of doing a routine your pulse drop is the same, you might want to add a rest day or two into your schedule. Exercise is like medicine- there is the right dose and there definitely is the possibility of overdosing.

I recommend to anybody who wants to gain cardio fitness to just do something continuous for 20-30 min, 3 days a week. But the key is to alternate what you do on each of those days. For example, day 1 you might want to do 1  min fast, 4 minute slow intervals, for 20 min. The next workout you might want to do 4 min moderate, 1 min easy intervals. Another workout might be just going very easy for 20 min. 

An interval doesn't have to be and shouldn't be flat out, Just challenge yourself moderately. You want to feel challenged, not destroyed. If on any day you don't feel up to the workout, skip that day and do it the next.

After a few weeks you will start to see your pulse rate recovery over 1 min improve a lot.

A guy I used to ride with got a silver medal in the LA Olympic cycling road race. He taught me a lot- including not to go hard too often!

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2021, 01:27:32 PM »
Dumb broad

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2021, 01:44:52 PM »
I never got the hype for pre-workouts.

Ronnie coleman yeps, yeah buddies and light weights are all a true thong warrior needs.

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2021, 04:42:41 AM »

You need to go to a cardiologist man, that is not normal.  Mine in 45-50 BPM.  It’s wild to see someone over 100 and not be an obese fuck

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2021, 04:47:15 AM »
You need to go to a cardiologist man, that is not normal.  Mine in 45-50 BPM.  It’s wild to see someone over 100 and not be an obese fuck

It's because he has a superhuman metabolism and takes a special 'all-natural' hemp supplement  ::)