Author Topic: Mma fighters and boxers are suddenly feeling very nervous  (Read 1825 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Mma fighters and boxers are suddenly feeling very nervous
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2021, 11:20:45 PM »
Disagree.

Out in the real world, if any person, even a Jon Jones, GSP, whoever, gets hit with one of those punches, he’s likely going to, at minimum, sustain a level of damage.

MMA fights occur in EXTREMELY controlled environments.

If this brute blasts you with one of those punches after you’ve told him to go fuck himself, after he took what you thought was your parking space, well, if you DON’T go down, you’re certainly seriously rocked. And very susceptible to follow-up attacks.

And at that point of vulnerability, if your attacker possesses vastly superior size, strength and aggression (at that moment), you are in a heap load of jeopardy.

All the benefit of BJJ/striking/“gas tank” training is dramatically diminished in that moment.

Your head, anatomically constructed as all other heads, just got pummeled by a high-powered projectile.

And now, at minimum dazed, confused and disoriented, the source of that blow is committed to overwhelming you with more focussed attack.

Real life escapes so many.

Firstly, I vividly recall the time I replied to one of your posts by saying "Thanks Kwon", and I will never live it down.

The only explanation or something that resembles an apology can be found in this video at the 1:43 mark here:

As for your post, I agree, agree, and agree.

That being said, outside of the instance you outlined above and those like it, isn't it safe to say that if Georges St-Pierre or another lighter class UFC fighter squared off with the man above in real life, that the light UFC fighter would win?

I can't speak for the 155-lb class fighters and lighter ones...but presumably any welterweight or above would beat him, no?  Or at the very least, the elite among the welterweights, and any middleweight or above?

I gave everything I had against a 155-lb Jiu-Jitsu fighter in town, thinking we might be evenly matched, but he choked me out pretty quickly.  I was flabbergasted at how quickly he got me into the choke position, and how tightly he cinched in the choke [akin to GSP's rear naked choke on Michael Bisping at UFC 217].  I admit that I underestimated him, thinking that being considerably stronger than him, as well as being a bit taller, and probably 40-lb heavier than him at the time, would be enough of an advantage in attributes to make us more evenly matched...but no....although I don't think underestimating him is why he beat me - he's just very, very good, and well-trained.

Obviously I'm not a large or very strong man compared to actual heavyweight pro strength athletes, but I did have a fair size advantage on the guy I fought, and an even bigger strength advantage.

A life or death situation would change things, of course, but as I said, I was amazed at how efficiently he put me to sleep.

This is one of my all-time favourite UFC fights - which is also some proof of what you are saying, that size and strength make a big different - with GSP being around 185-lb in this fight, and Johny Hendricks being about 200-lb even, and Johny being MUCH physically stronger than Georges - apparently bench pressing 140-lb dumbbells in the flat dumbbell bench press for two reps.  That is VERY strong for a UFC fighter, ESPECIALLY for a welterweight:

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2021, 04:28:39 AM »
Firstly, I vividly recall the time I replied to one of your posts by saying "Thanks Kwon", and I will never live it down.

As for your post, I agree, agree, and agree.

Haha, me and Fortification are two different people, Fortress lives closer to you btw, he is Canadian! :D
Q

balsac69

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2021, 06:55:27 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CP312kkgetA/

How'd you reckon you'd do against him? Reckon you could take him?