Author Topic: Question from an inept old bastard!!  (Read 428 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Question from an inept old bastard!!
« on: June 10, 2021, 02:13:49 PM »
Can anyone here tell me how to adjust the screen on my Firestick TV.....just lately it seems that I can`t see beyond a certain point on the screen to skip an advert or just to read the title of a video.

I looked at some tutorial videos  vids on YT and felt like killing the guy "explaining."

TIA

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Question from an inept old bastard!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 02:21:46 PM »
It's more likely your TV is causing this. Look for something in the TV settings called OVERSCAN and turn that off. (google/youtube search OVERSCAN and your TV model and it might tell you how to find it)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 02:23:41 PM »
It's more likely your TV is causing this. Look for something in the TV settings called OVERSCAN and turn that off. (google/youtube search OVERSCAN and your TV model and it might tell you how to find it)
Thanks bud,there is a function on my TV remote that makes the screen wider and narrower.......tried it to no avail when I turned back on Firestick.

I`ll look for overscan though,thanks bro.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 02:27:21 PM »
Thanks bud,there is a function on my TV remote that makes the screen wider and narrower.......tried it to no avail when I turned back on Firestick.

I`ll look for overscan though,thanks bro.

You need to adjust those functions whilst the firestick is running on the screen.

If that doesn't work then this is the firestick solution

Settings > Display & Audio > Display > Calibrate Display > Down button to make the screen smaller > Accept

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 02:33:05 PM »
Can anyone here tell me how to adjust the screen on my Firestick TV.....just lately it seems that I can`t see beyond a certain point on the screen to skip an advert or just to read the title of a video.

I looked at some tutorial videos  vids on YT and felt like killing the guy "explaining."

TIA

Sorry, I know nothing about Firestick TV's. I agree with you that most of the folks doing instructional YouTube are very annoying and their videos are not at all instructive or comprehensible.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 02:35:32 PM »
You need to adjust those functions whilst the firestick is running on the screen.

Settings > Display & Audio > Display > Calibrate Display > Down button to make the screen smaller > Accept
You sir are da` man.........THANKS!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 02:37:33 PM »
Sorry, I know nothing about Firestick TV's. I agree with you that most of the folks doing instructional YouTube are very annoying and their videos are not at all instructive or comprehensible.
Yeah,usually I`m more confused after I watch the tutorial and if they play annoying music throughout the video,I just skip it.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 02:42:50 PM »
Yeah,usually I`m more confused after I watch the tutorial and if they play annoying music throughout the video,I just skip it.

Get with the times you wrinkled old ballbag.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2021, 02:49:32 PM »
Get with the times you wrinkled old ballbag.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2021, 02:50:10 PM »

Worked great Flex...thanks buddy !!