Author Topic: Rick Valente  (Read 2451 times)

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Rick Valente
« on: July 28, 2021, 02:39:31 AM »
Still got the guns at his age. And Robbie at 75 is just nuts...

f450

• Getbig IV
Re: Rick Valente
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 07:37:10 AM »
looking healthy too. Nothing better for vitality than training hard and smart right through retirement age.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 08:02:58 AM »
There is a dude on another forum who is in contact with Robbie and helps him. He claims Robbie is not on any hormones and hasn't been for a long time.  :D

sway

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 08:09:17 AM »
Robby has always been one of the least liked pro bbers of all time. Most every long term Venice Golds regular can tell you a story about him involving money and his lack of it. The guy has only survived this long by having people pay his way or he’s ripped them off for money. Guys a scumbag and always has been.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 08:24:20 AM »
Robby has always been one of the least liked pro bbers of all time. Most every long term Venice Golds regular can tell you a story about him involving money and his lack of it. The guy has only survived this long by having people pay his way or he’s ripped them off for money. Guys a scumbag and always has been.

This is the going story of Robby.

Dens228

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 09:13:41 AM »
There is a dude on another forum who is in contact with Robbie and helps him. He claims Robbie is not on any hormones and hasn't been for a long time.  :D

That dude you're talking about is a snake oil salesman.  His exclusive rights supplement does everything from build Olympian physiques to cure Parkinsons.........

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 09:27:14 AM »

"Robbery Robinson". I remember in the 90's guys would warn folks not to leave their gym bags, lockers, etc.... around Robby. Always on the hustle.

Also nice outfit on Valente. He looks like a Sopranos extra that stopped at a Run-DMC show.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 09:31:27 AM »
Yup, heard he's pretty douchey, but, his physique for age 75.. Sick...

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 09:35:27 AM »
Yup, heard he's pretty douchey, but, his physique for age 75.. Sick...

Sure, he's actually lived pretty well considering that he's lived the hardcore lifestyle all these years. Also I remember him getting some pretty good looking women.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2021, 09:59:09 AM »
Rick is probably one of the nicest guys around. Known him for along time. Robbie is the complete opposite.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2021, 10:06:40 AM »
Rick still looks great.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 11:08:39 AM »

Robinson is like a homeless guy, but he's in a gym with muscles, he will take your last dollar, he has got everyone over the years, back in the day new guy, bodybuilder comes to gym, Robby gets close real quick before he can be warned by others, gets gear and cash of him, then ignores him moves on next guy comes along does the same. Maybe he's changed now but i doubt it.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2021, 11:12:03 AM »
He was begging/threatening folks on IG about sending him money a year or two back.
"Give me money or I will disappear off IG" or some shit.

He and Chuck Glass look the 'Homeless Twins".

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2021, 01:11:54 PM »
Sure, he's actually lived pretty well considering that he's lived the hardcore lifestyle all these years. Also I remember him getting some pretty good looking women.
Yes, he did.  He had a good show on ESPN back in the day with fine women working out.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2021, 01:15:44 PM »
Rick Valente

Florida Championships - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 3rd

Los Angeles Championships - NPC, Tall, 1st

California Championships - NPC, Light-HeavyWeight, 2nd

USA Championships - NPC, HeavyWeight, 14th

Magazines

1984 October   Vol 2, Num 7   Flex
1987 September   Num 137   Muscle Training Illustrated
1991 May   Num 108   Muscle Mag International

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2021, 01:53:16 PM »
That dude you're talking about is a snake oil salesman.  His exclusive rights supplement does everything from build Olympian physiques to cure Parkinsons.........

Do you think he is serious with the things he says? I never know quite how to read him. For example, does he really think Robbie is clean and can't use gear due to his anemia or whatever illness he has?

He was begging/threatening folks on IG about sending him money a year or two back.
"Give me money or I will disappear off IG" or some shit.

He and Chuck Glass look the 'Homeless Twins".

Didn't he threaten people who posted his pics on the net with lawsuits? :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2021, 02:08:37 PM »
Do you think he is serious with the things he says? I never know quite how to read him. For example, does he really think Robbie is clean and can't use gear due to his anemia or whatever illness he has?

Ye he did the fucking moron.....he could have turned that into a money making venture in various ways.

Fucking dummy !

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2021, 02:35:17 PM »

Our own Matt C got yelled at and threatened by Robby over posting pictures, I've also heard over the years that he used to run up and press people at expos over it depending on their position and if he thought he could get a few bucks out of it.

Photo thing's been a sore point since at least the late 90's, early 2000's.

He brought it up again a few years ago when he had medical bills. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2021, 02:40:26 PM »
Our own Matt C got yelled at and threatened by Robby over posting pictures, I've also heard over the years that he used to run up and press people at expos over it depending on their position and if he thought he could get a few bucks out of it.

He would have only yelled at me once...................I killed my mother once...............once.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2021, 02:40:44 PM »

Does he charge $20 like Lou?

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2021, 02:47:54 PM »
Does he charge $20 like Lou?

I remember it because it was real crackheadish, something like "You use my pictures, and I don't want to get the lawyers involved, so we can settle up for $xxx". It wasn't a huge amount, and I'm pretty sure most folks laughed it off.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2021, 03:04:14 PM »
Robby's explanation of it back then, after people started goofing on him -

https://web.archive.org/web/20070317232620/http://www.robbyrobinson.net/rr_industry_letter.html .

-------------------------------------------

" Before I get to the real issue, I'd like to say Bodybuilding is and will always be my life's passion. I've been blessed with substantial success over the years, and I attribute that to a burning desire to get to the next level and my undying passion for Bodybuilding. Bodybuilding is my existence, my spirit, my mentor, and my survival. In the course of my many years in the Bodybuilding arena I have been described as cutting edge pushing the boundaries to their limits. I have amassed an extremely large fan base, which I am very thankful and blessed to have. My reputation as a fierce competitor can only be attributed to self-marketing and the close/honest support of a very select inner circle.

I have seen many things since the beginning of my career within the Bodybuilding industry, and I have to say pure and simple I am ashamed at what the sport has become as well as the injustice and non-supportive nature of organizations past and present, more specifically, the Weider organization. They are without doubt an organization of self-centered, money hungry racist. I know I know. Why do I come out now and say this. Well the truth be told I have always said this. I've never backed down from the Weiders. Now, I have a forum to voice my views on the industry: http://www.robbyrobinson.net.

The professional Bodybuilders of today are mere cattle to Weider; a means to an end. The really sad part is most of these bodybuilders have no idea how they are being taken advantage of. The prize money or intent to pay prize money I should say is a farce. If a bodybuilder breaks even after winning a contest they are doing great. They (BB) think that getting $10,000.00 is a big deal. Take into account the big picture, $10,000.00 is a drop in the bucket. Who is getting the rest of the bucket? WEIDER. Endorsements, photo shoots, commercials, cable shows, etc. The only person getting paid is Weider.

Now of course it's not all about money, it's also about how Weider treats ethnic bodybuilders. He is quoted as saying he wouldn't put a Black person on the cover of magazines because they don't draw money and they are too difficult to deal with. Think back, that is exactly what was said about "RAP" music (born out of the inner city life of Black America). There is a code of ethics that everyone should abide by. Clearly Weider does not subscribe to this code of ethics.

Did you know I was the bodybuilder chosen as the body for the Weider bust, which has appeared for years in magazines and at competitions?

Now I surf the Internet and I see all of these websites hosting photos of me and charging perfectly honest people to purchase prints. First of all unauthorized reproduction of prints is strictly prohibited by law, and secondly it's the same thing Weider has been doing to all bodybuilders from the beginning.

I will not be a part of this. Having said this, I'd like to make this very clear to all websites that are currently hosting photos of me. I request that you remove all of my photos from your website. I request that you do this within 5 days of receipt of this letter. I have made this same request of Weider and other organization like his. I urge you to comply with this simple request.

Those of you who know me know I am a fair, honest and very direct man. I've given you background into why I've made this decision and again urge you to comply.

PEACE

ROBBY "The Black Prince" "

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2021, 03:11:02 PM »
Phew - for a moment when I saw Valente's name I feared the worst...  He's looking good - no age-atrophy of those triceps!  And LOL @ the Run DMC comment  ;D

As for Robby, he always looks like he'd have just an ever so slight whiff of staleness bordering on BO about him - you know the sort of thing I mean - you're walking round the gym when suddenly your nostrils flare for a second before you take counter-measures and start mouth-breathing...  :-X
T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2021, 03:22:11 PM »
'Race Card Robbie !!

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2021, 04:17:23 PM »
Still got the guns at his age. And Robbie at 75 is just nuts...

Robby has a long sleeve on his left arm,how the fuck did he pull a long sleeve up that high?

Valente looks awesome.