Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Shoots Woman Dead On Movie Set  (Read 31013 times)

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
Re: Alec Baldwin Shoots Woman Dead On Movie Set
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2021, 05:10:10 AM »
Actor Jon Eric Hexum died on the CBS set of Cover Up in 1984 when he as a joke put a "prop gun" to his head pretending to commit suicide and it killed him. Brandon Lee died because a bullet was lodged in the barrel and no one checked, so when the blank exploded from the primer, it discharged a real bullet. The reason they use real guns on set is for the look and realistic feel but also for the recoil, as all they are doing is removing the bullet, the projectile. The primer and cartridge still explode with the same force as it is a REAL gun,  so the actor will feel the same recoil and thus it will look realistic.

The difference in the Hexum and Lee incidents is that they are explained. In this case, there is NO explanation as to why a gun would be pointed at a director of photography and fired. She was not an extra, and there is absolutely no reason the gun should have been pointed at her. And this bullshit about "shrapnel" from a blank putting the director in critical condition in the hospital is bullshit. Was a second shot.  Halyna Hutchins was a key figure in the union walk off that was planned that same day over unsafe conditions, as that gun had already fired live rounds a few days earlier.  Hannah Gutierrez Reed, a 24 year old novice but daughter of Thell Reed, a famous gun and stunt expert who went all the way back to Gene Autry gun shoots, in Typical Hollywood fashion was handed this gun safety job because of her Dad at 24 years old after openly admitting she didn't know what she was doing and was incompetent. This was one of the reasons for the walkout, because an extra had fired a gun days before with live rounds(luckily at no one) but the crew was scared, and the female DP was agreeing to walk off the set with them.

This sounds like Baldwin, known to be a dick on sets, pointed the gun at her and the director and fired, probably as a joke, just like the Hexum incident, almost like saying "I wish this gun was real" because he was pissed at the director and the DP for all the complaints. BTW, there is footage of the Brandon Lee death, as he was filming a scene where he got shot in the movie. Never released.

But this cannot be an accident as there would never be any reason a gun, prop or not, would be pointed at a DP and a director unless Baldwin did it as a goof or was pissed and doing a sick joke. And right after a planned walkout by the union, who was counting on the DP, this female cinematographer, to stand behind them as the movie couldn't be shot unless she walked off as she is the only one on the set that is irreplaceable. Even the director can be replaced, but the DP has to light the shots, know lenses, bounce cards, and all aspects of photography. She walks off, no shoot. How interesting she's the one dead.
I just want to say that Baldwin is a extteme leftist piece of hypocritical shit. That being said.....there are quite a few Directors of Photography that are their own Camera Operators on the main camera. Especially on lower budget films. And a lot of directors that will forego viewing the scene from a video monitor. Some directors prefer to stand behing Camera A...which the DP may have been shooting with herself. Baldwin may very well have been shooting the gun directly into the camera and at the DP for a " point of view" shot from the perspective and angle of the " person on the recieving end". So the situation can absolutely be legit. I have worked on film sets for near 22 years here in Los Angeles so I feel that I can contribute to some of this. The person in charge of handling the gun and clearing it....not Baldwin....should be the one charged in this crime. Whomever job it was in charge of the guns-firearms-ammo....is responsible. Not Baldein. As for Brandon Lee's death footage on The Crow. It was never released because the director, Alex Proyas.....eventually saw to it that the original camera negatives as well as the video assist videotapes were both destroyed. I heard him say this in person at a screening of his later film Dark City....during a Q &A.  Just my 2 cents here.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2021, 08:54:13 AM »
Alec Baldwin will die in prison sucking on a pair of old sweaty balls.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2021, 10:34:58 AM »
Alec Baldwin will die in prison sucking on a pair of old Schweddy balls.

Fixed

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2021, 10:46:26 AM »
Interesting - so no magic bullet theory for you?  Man, I hope you're mistaken, because a second shot by Baldwin seems to imply malice, whereas one could be stupidity.

I read that the Crow footage was destroyed, but that seems unlikely as it must've been viewed and retained for the civil trial.

I just assumed the Director was standing behind her and the bullet when through her into his shoulder.  ???

Seriously though, why the fuck would a live round be in the gun?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2021, 10:58:06 AM »
Unbelievable that they could be that stupid. That must have been a whole set full of retards.

It was a low budget film so you’re not getting the top of the food chain crew.

I’m expecting everyone to start throwing each other under the bus soon.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2021, 11:21:24 AM »
I just want to say that Baldwin is a extteme leftist piece of hypocritical shit. That being said.....there are quite a few Directors of Photography that are their own Camera Operators on the main camera. Especially on lower budget films. And a lot of directors that will forego viewing the scene from a video monitor. Some directors prefer to stand behing Camera A...which the DP may have been shooting with herself. Baldwin may very well have been shooting the gun directly into the camera and at the DP for a " point of view" shot from the perspective and angle of the " person on the recieving end". So the situation can absolutely be legit. I have worked on film sets for near 22 years here in Los Angeles so I feel that I can contribute to some of this. The person in charge of handling the gun and clearing it....not Baldwin....should be the one charged in this crime. Whomever job it was in charge of the guns-firearms-ammo....is responsible. Not Baldein. As for Brandon Lee's death footage on The Crow. It was never released because the director, Alex Proyas.....eventually saw to it that the original camera negatives as well as the video assist videotapes were both destroyed. I heard him say this in person at a screening of his later film Dark City....during a Q &A.  Just my 2 cents here.
This is why I mentioned the footage from the crow. If they were doing a POV shot, there will be footage. However there has been no mention of them shooting a scene, or "an accident happened when shooting a scene", they simply said an accident happened. There is also mention of an extra shooting ANOTHER gun days before with live rounds. As well as this same 24 year old girl in charge of fire arms on set giving an 11 year old a gun with a live round on another movie before this. This is part of what led to the cast revolting over safety. Then magic bullet shrapnel also seriously injures the director, landing him in the ICU I guess. Bottom line, Baldwin produced the film, it's HIS job to hire a competent gun safety expert, and even an average stunt coordinator would know you would NEVER have a live round in a gun or even loaded into a gun on set. There is a difference between an accident and GROSS negligence. If you kill someone drunk driving it's not your friends fault to not take away the keys because he was "designated driver" for the night.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2021, 11:44:26 AM »
This is why I mentioned the footage from the crow. If they were doing a POV shot, there will be footage. However there has been no mention of them shooting a scene, or "an accident happened when shooting a scene", they simply said an accident happened. There is also mention of an extra shooting ANOTHER gun days before with live rounds. As well as this same 24 year old girl in charge of fire arms on set giving an 11 year old a gun with a live round on another movie before this. This is part of what led to the cast revolting over safety. Then magic bullet shrapnel also seriously injures the director, landing him in the ICU I guess. Bottom line, Baldwin produced the film, it's HIS job to hire a competent gun safety expert, and even an average stunt coordinator would know you would NEVER have a live round in a gun or even loaded into a gun on set. There is a difference between an accident and GROSS negligence. If you kill someone drunk driving it's not your friends fault to not take away the keys because he was "designated driver" for the night.

This is the argument I’m hearing from lawyers as to why he could be charged. He was more than just an actor being handed a gun.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2021, 01:48:50 PM »
If Baldwin had left the country, like he first promised to do when George W Bush was elected, he wouldn't be in this dilly of a pickle.
~

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2021, 03:07:44 PM »
It was a low budget film so you’re not getting the top of the food chain crew.

I’m expecting everyone to start throwing each other under the bus soon.
It's probably already happening behind the scenes.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2021, 06:55:53 PM »

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2021, 06:57:38 PM »

Is this real? Think that Alec made a few trips with Bill to that island? I've always said some of these people have a control file - it's the only explanation for the craziness you see once in a while.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #189 on: October 24, 2021, 08:00:46 PM »

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #190 on: October 24, 2021, 08:09:30 PM »
Is this real??

There are many memes with that line, years old.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2021, 11:14:26 PM »
Is this real?

look into the connection

Think that Alec made a few trips with Bill to that island? I've always said some of these people have a control file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-E2fKX5N0c0SoGnfboCuWFUE5Je3cSCP/view

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #192 on: October 25, 2021, 09:05:25 AM »
Maybe it's been mentioned but as I understand it the armorer (aka the person in charge of the weapons) for this movie was a woman.

When I found that out the situation made more sense to me.

Here she is.  Obvious Trump supporter that set up Alec Baldwin as revenge.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: October 25, 2021, 09:12:12 AM »
Will Baldwin eventually be known only by his mass shooter name...

Never Forget 10-21

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #194 on: October 25, 2021, 09:28:41 AM »
BEEFy said, :. The person in charge of handling the gun and clearing it....not Baldwin....should be the one charged in this crime

And I totally agree.........   but Baldwin will suffer some consequences due to the fact that he was the/a producer in charge and may be found negligent for failing to take proper care by ensuring that  safety procedures were adhered to.

Has the 'prop master' been named yet?

And what are the current rules/regulations within the movie making industry  concerning gun/prop safety matters?

The outcome of this forthcoming investigation will be interesting, but as of this moment, I'll point my finger at  the 'gun prop master' .... or whatever that individual is called these days!

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #195 on: October 25, 2021, 09:34:35 AM »
Lets blame this mishap to climate change. Gun was removed from climate controlled room, then the outside temps caused the gun to misfire. Happens all the time.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #196 on: October 25, 2021, 09:37:28 AM »
BEEFy said, :. The person in charge of handling the gun and clearing it....not Baldwin....should be the one charged in this crime

And I totally agree.........   but Baldwin will suffer some consequences due to the fact that he was the/a producer in charge and may be found negligent for failing to take proper care by ensuring that  safety procedures were adhered to.

Has the 'prop master' been named yet?

And what are the current rules/regulations within the movie making industry  concerning gun/prop safety matters?

The outcome of this forthcoming investigation will be interesting, but as of this moment, I'll point my finger at  the 'gun prop master' .... or whatever that individual is called these days!

They both should. It should have been cleared once then cleared again by Baldwin since he was the last touch it, point it and pull the trigger. Because someone says they clear a weapon doesn’t mean they didn’t make a mistake. A flag should have been placed in the gun that indicates it was clear. Then when ready to use, pull the flag, check for clear AGAIN then load. Since it’s a western I’m assuming it was a revolver.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #197 on: October 25, 2021, 09:37:31 AM »

Forced a guilty LOL from me ;D

Alec Baldwin will die in prison sucking on a pair of old Schweddy balls.

Fixed

;D

Is that a Jimmy Fingers reference?  (Seagal/Out for Justice)
T

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: October 25, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »
The following is an interesting comment made by a professional Hollywood Prop Master of 17 years .....

Prop masters are the last person to hand an actor a gun, and the person who gives the actor a gun is responsible for it. You have to go through the proper procedures to show the actor if the gun is loaded or not, and if it's not, if it's plugged, when a piece of plastic or wood clogs the magazine. There are a whole bunch of scenarios, and a lot of stuff could go wrong.

People on the set being close to a prop gun is very dangerous. The blast of a prop gun can kill you, depending on the load that the gun has. Prop guns are designed not to shoot up for the projectile because they put a stop in the front, which is a certain size based on the load spring. That's to give the gun a flare look and make it look like it got fired. If anyone is inches from this type of gun, that blast can kill you.

I've never experienced anything as tragic as what happened yesterday on the 'Rust' movie set on any sets I've been on
The woman who was killed must've just been too close to the blast, but it also depends on the weapon that Alec Baldwin had.

The type of gun ties into a lot of stuff. If you have an M4 and you have a full load, the blast is going to be a little longer. I don't know the timeline of history for this story or what year they're doing - that's information I don't have, so I don't know what happened there.

All I can say is never point a gun at somebody when you're firing, and everyone nearby has to be more than six feet away. Just have it slightly away from the person you're supposed to be aiming the gun at. The guns also shoot off the shell, so you don't want to be standing to the right side of the gun because the shell comes out hot and it could hit you on the face and burn you.

I've never been afraid on set because I always double- and triple-check weapons
If a gun is not firing in a scene, there are no bullets in there. If they have a revolver where you can see the bullets, I make sure it's loaded up with dummy bullets. They have a whole band inside and you load them in front of the actor so they know what you're giving them. I also do a lot of gun checks with my actors to show them an empty magazine and that there's nothing in the barrel.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2021, 09:45:23 AM »
UK press is reporting it was a revolver, and he was practising a cross draw from a seated position into the camera

So, the gun has a live round in there from them f**king around in the break time(!), he makes the draw but fumbles the cocking movement - BAM!
T