Author Topic: Russia has penetrated Ukraine  (Read 363501 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Russia has penetrated Ukraine
« Reply #625 on: March 03, 2022, 02:55:23 PM »
That’s what I’ve been doing since Covid, the “vaccine” and now this. It’s working really well. I call it the tommywishbone principles

:D
a

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #626 on: March 03, 2022, 03:16:19 PM »
I don't watch much Russia Today but they were blocked here in Sweden. The idea of blocking media, even if propaganda, doesn't sit well with me.

They are openly calling for censorship in the US too, in many different forms of media. Even outlets I'd normally consider to be unbiased they are very biased in their pro Ukrainian viewpoint (they might not be wrong, but when you normally report things in an unbiased manner and all of a sudden start pushing one side... it makes me untrusting of the entire situation)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #627 on: March 03, 2022, 03:20:10 PM »
▫️

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2022, 04:10:04 PM »
I am absolutely 100% against this shit. I'm all for an end to their issues with Russia and don't want any civilians to get hurt, but the US continues until present day to buy crude oil directly from Russia. Russia gets that money and further funds this war. Get the fuck out of here!

"1"

From what I've read, this isn't true. According to this article from Bloomberg, in normal times America gets about 3% of our imported oil from Russia (8% total imported petroleum products), but the number fluctuates and last year was trending low. There were almost no bookings in January, there were some orders in Feb and March, but no new bookings since war speculation was confirmed.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #629 on: March 03, 2022, 04:22:44 PM »
Germany and Italy are the large Euro countries that get a lot of oil from Russia:

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #630 on: March 03, 2022, 04:28:11 PM »
From what I've read, this isn't true. According to this article from Bloomberg, in normal times America gets about 3% of our imported oil from Russia (8% total imported petroleum products), but the number fluctuates and last year was trending low. There were almost no bookings in January, there were some orders in Feb and March, but no new bookings since war speculation was confirmed.

But what you're saying still makes my statement true. You just stated that there were "some" orders in March, well, we're in March. Unless you were talking about March of 2021, but that would be highly unlikely.

Even if America only gets about 3% of crude oil from Russia and, if by chance, the number fluctuates to trend lower, it still means that the USA is buying crude oil from Russia. The US spends approximately $81 billion/year on crude. Even if 3% of that number is attributed to Russian supply, that makes it out to be around $2.43 Billion.

Additionally, given what you reported, "there were almost no bookings in January + some in Fed/March but no new bookings", it still means that for the 2022 we have purchased a significant amount of oil in the millions, which certainly gets used to buy ammunition and further fund this war.

Not to mention that if the US truly did not want to touch Russian oil, they would sanction it, but they haven't: https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-has-not-sanctioned-russian-oil-traders-are-avoiding-it-2022-03-01/

Also, in this article from yesterday, notice the statements from congress members: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/democrats-put-pressure-biden-ban-russian-oil-imports-rcna18448

It is so obviously apparent that we need to cut it off. I wonder if there’s a reason we haven’t [and] what the hell the reason is,” moderate Sen. Jon Tester, D-Mont., told NBC News on Wednesday.

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., told reporters: “We should stop buying over 600,000 barrels [of Russian oil] a day in America. Can you believe that? No one knew that. No one paid attention to it. And that has to stop.

By the way, that guy Joe Manchin also happens to be the chairman of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee! So he knows what he's talking about.

We have to consider additional sanctions" on Russia’s oil and gas industry, said Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa

This statement made things very clear: "The U.S. alone imports about 670,000 barrels of crude oil and petroleum products each day from Russia", according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration

Let me know if I am not interpreting your statements correctly, but based on what you just posted, my statement still holds true.

"1"

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #631 on: March 03, 2022, 04:46:30 PM »
But what you're saying still makes my statement true. You just stated that there were "some" orders in March, well, we're in March. Unless you were talking about March of 2021, but that would be highly unlikely.

Even if America only gets about 3% of crude oil from Russia and, if by chance, the number fluctuates to trend lower, it still means that the USA is buying crude oil from Russia. The US spends approximately $81 billion/year on oil. Even if 3% of that number is attributed to Russian supply, that makes it out to be around $2.43 Billion.

Additionally, given what you reported, "there were almost no bookings in January + some in Fed/March but no new bookings", it still means that for the 2022 we have purchased a significant amount of oil in the millions, which certainly gets used to buy ammunition and further fund this war.

Not to mention that if the US truly did not want to touch Russian oil, they would sanction it, but they haven't: https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/us-has-not-sanctioned-russian-oil-traders-are-avoiding-it-2022-03-01/

Let me know if I am not interpreting your statements correctly, but based on what you just posted, my statement still holds true.

"1"

Orders to ARRIVE in March, as crude oil is traded as a commodity. I thought I was being cool by hyperlinking in my last post, but I see it doesn't work. Article below:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-01/u-s-imports-of-russian-crude-oil-have-been-dropping-for-months

America having been a minor supporter of Russian oil PRIOR to international outcry didn't seem to be the point you were making.

Also, officially sanctioning Russian oil would hurt almost every other economy on the planet. The oil market is so tight that if regular buyers abandon regular providers and seek to do business elsewhere it would cause oil to skyrocket globally even more than it already has. It's comparable to saying America doesn't really support Ukraine if they're not willing to engage in a nuclear war with Russia. There
 are some other factors that don't make that a great decision.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #632 on: March 03, 2022, 04:52:32 PM »
Orders to ARRIVE in March. I thought I was being cool by hyperlinking in my last post, but I see it doesn't work. Article below:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-01/u-s-imports-of-russian-crude-oil-have-been-dropping-for-months

America having been a minor supporter of Russian oil PRIOR to international outcry didn't seem to be the point you were making.

Also, officially sanctioning Russian oil would hurt almost every other economy on the planet. The oil market is so tight that if regular buyers abandon regular providers and seek to do business elsewhere it would cause oil to skyrocket globally even more than it already has. It's comparable to saying America doesn't really support Ukraine if they're not willing to engage in a nuclear war with Russia. There
 are some other factors that don't make that a great decision.

I went ahead and edited my post with additional links, but based on what numerous members of congress are saying, including some that are clearly in the know given that they are members of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee, we are still very much so importing oil from Russia.

I did try to find where they got this stat from "U.S. alone imports about 670,000 barrels of crude oil and petroleum products each day from Russia", according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, but I doubt it's a false claim.

From where I sit, unless you find something concrete, still seems like we're not off the hook from Russian oil.

"1"

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #633 on: March 03, 2022, 05:01:50 PM »
I did try to find where they got this stat from "U.S. alone imports about 670,000 barrels of crude oil and petroleum products each day from Russia", according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, but I doubt it's a false claim.

When I referred to 3%oil/8% petroleum products in my last post that appears to be a combination of the two.

I do find it a little funny that you say Manchin knows what he's talking about after quoting him saying he just found out that we get hundred of thousands of barrels imported from Russia.

IMO, this mostly sounds like posturing- politicians getting their names in the news connected to an issue with seeming bi-partisan support. I'm not sure what I  could provide that's more concrete. I'll see if I can find the official bookings from the last few months.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #634 on: March 03, 2022, 05:05:21 PM »

From where I sit, unless you find something concrete, still seems like we're not off the hook from Russian oil.

"1"

Here's an article from Fortune:

Crippling Russia with an oil embargo would send U.S. gas prices soaring. In Europe, it could lead to death

https://fortune.com/2022/03/03/russia-oil-embargo-us-europe-consequences/

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #635 on: March 03, 2022, 05:05:41 PM »
When I referred to 3%oil/8% petroleum products in my last post that appears to be a combination of the two.

I do find it a little funny that you say Manchin knows what he's talking about after quoting him saying he just found out that we get hundred of thousands of barrels imported from Russia.

IMO, this mostly sounds like posturing- politicians getting their names in the news connected to an issue with seeming bi-partisan support. I'm not sure what I  could provide that's more concrete. I'll see if I can find the official bookings from the last few months.

That's a homework assignment man, don't worry about that. Point is, until something clear cut is stated by the government, it's still very fair to assume that we continue to purchase oil from Russia up to present day.

Biden can end this by sanctioning Russian oil and placing an embargo, but he isn't stupid either. I get the complete ramifications of playing that card, as our oil prices will sky rocket leading to a public uproar and our reserves will start to be depleted. There's not a perfect solution to this current situation.

Frankly, had the green "new" deal been presented 10-15 years back as a viable option, maybe today we would all be driving electric cars and this debate wouldn't be taking place, but for now, Russia still has us by numerous short and curlies and Papa joe has tons of those to hang from.

"1"

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #636 on: March 03, 2022, 05:21:49 PM »
That's a homework assignment man, don't worry about that. Point is, until something clear cut is stated by the government, it's still very fair to assume that we continue to purchase oil from Russia up to present day.

Fair enough, but I will say this final thing: from what I've read, a lot of the traders are avoiding Russian oil because they don't know how the sanctions on banks and payment systems will effect their purchases and there is also concern that rusky oil will be banned in the immediate future. They are allegedly being cautious because, as they have to purchase as a commodity, they wouldn't be able to recover any sunk funds if the asset becomes prohibited between the time of payment and delivery.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #637 on: March 03, 2022, 05:29:13 PM »
This seems significant:

Europe's largest nuclear power plant on fire after Russian attack, says local mayor | Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/top-wrap-1-europes-largest-nuclear-power-plant-fire-after-russian-attack-mayor-2022-03-04/

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #638 on: March 03, 2022, 06:32:47 PM »
Here's an article from Fortune:

Crippling Russia with an oil embargo would send U.S. gas prices soaring. In Europe, it could lead to death

https://fortune.com/2022/03/03/russia-oil-embargo-us-europe-consequences/
This is why the US needs to be allowed to step up and produce more oil and gas.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #639 on: March 03, 2022, 07:05:48 PM »
This is why the US needs to be allowed to step up and produce more oil and gas.

Leftists don't care.  Trump called this years ago when he confronted Merkel over Germany buying so much from Russia.  Leftist hate Trump and will do backflips to claim the opposite of whatever he said is right.  They also want foolish green energy scam.

We're buying their oil and Europe is buying their Oil, Natural gas and coal.  Here's a link that works and isn't paywalled:

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/the-wests-green-delusions-empowered?s=r

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #640 on: March 03, 2022, 10:32:52 PM »
Russian troops shell Ukrainian nuclear plant

They've been shelling this plant for 24 hours.  I guess no one wants to post updated photos for war crime evidence.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #641 on: March 03, 2022, 10:41:18 PM »
https://time.com/6154672/russian-troops-shell-zaporizhzhia-nuclear-plant/

I don't have my glasses but those look like flares.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #642 on: March 03, 2022, 11:01:20 PM »
Older but interesting explaination of how we got to this point...Should have titled it "poking a bear"

MichaelX1

• Getbig I
« Reply #643 on: March 03, 2022, 11:01:50 PM »
As Finnish man I wouldn't say that Russians attack to Ukraine came as supprise. 80 years ago they tried same thing to our country but as my friend says:

There are alreydy hundreds of thousands Russian soldiers near the the border, they are just located 6 feet under.

https://me.me/i/winter-war-date-location-result-territorial-changes-part-of-world-24e5c1a6d80b44e1898a4edb025d1afa

MichaelX1

• Getbig I
« Reply #644 on: March 03, 2022, 11:28:49 PM »
Ukraine would definitely need few Simo Häyhäs. Over 500 confirmed kills during the Winter War. That is 500 during 100 days.

https://www.historyextra.com/period/second-world-war/worlds-deadliest-sniper-simo-hayha-finnish-white-death-winter-war/

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #645 on: March 04, 2022, 12:33:01 AM »
Russian forces seize huge Ukrainian nuclear plant, fire extinguished

But the news said they were bombing it but it turns out they were putting out flare fires.  Epic levels of covid fucboi warfare propaganda.

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #646 on: March 04, 2022, 01:22:44 AM »
Older but interesting explaination of how we got to this point...Should have titled it "poking a bear"

dont bring prime in to this (thx shizzo)   ;)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #647 on: March 04, 2022, 02:29:04 AM »
Russian forces seize huge Ukrainian nuclear plant, fire extinguished

But the news said they were bombing it but it turns out they were putting out flare fires.  Epic levels of covid fucboi warfare propaganda.

First they said there were elevated radiation levels then a Ukrainian official said it was guaranteed safe. Now, the Russians are in control of it.

In any event, European stocks are getting hammered.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #648 on: March 04, 2022, 03:01:53 AM »

Frankly, had the green "new" deal been presented 10-15 years back as a viable option, maybe today we would all be driving electric cars and this debate wouldn't be taking place, but for now, Russia still has us by numerous short and curlies and Papa joe has tons of those to hang from.

"1"

15 years ago we were fighting a war in Iraq to avoid any green deal 
c

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2022, 04:02:04 AM »

15 years ago we were fighting a war in Iraq to avoid any green deal

Today countries are shutting down power plants and encouraging war in order to make energy crazy expensive to make the green new deal look cheap.