Author Topic: Franco had the “thousand yard stare”  (Read 1172 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Franco had the “thousand yard stare”
« on: March 23, 2024, 03:07:33 PM »
Go to 1:28

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Franco had the “thousand yard stare”
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2024, 03:34:10 PM »
and sub-16 inch arms

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 05:02:32 AM »
and sub-16 inch arms

I remember seeing a pic of Franco’s arm being measured at 17.5” I believe. Might have been pumped though.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 05:12:56 AM »
I remember seeing a pic of Franco’s arm being measured at 17.5” I believe. Might have been pumped though.
I

It was

There's an article by AJ regarding his arm I'll find it later after my doc visit

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 06:41:45 AM »

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 06:59:48 AM »
Still crazy to me how he went out.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 07:03:12 AM »
Arm size matters not for his build, a couple of Olympia wins, one of the strongest of his time...
(Though his 81 win was a joke)..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 07:04:37 AM »
So do you

YEAH but I only weigh 160 he was 185 with sub 16 inchers

If I was 185 I would have 17.25-17.5 inchers

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2024, 07:28:09 AM »
YEAH but I only weigh 160 he was 185 with sub 16 inchers

If
I was 185 I would have 17.25-17.5 inchers

The big IF

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2024, 07:31:03 AM »

Dude had a torso driven physique - his arms were ok relative to his frame.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2024, 07:36:15 AM »
Dude had a torso driven physique - his arms were ok relative to his frame.

AJ called him Mr. Potatoe Head body :D :D :D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2024, 07:46:35 AM »
Each person is unique and responds differently but generally for each 10-15 pound gain in muscular bodyweight you should add about one inch to your upper arms and close to one half inch to your forearms. (Note: I stress muscular bodyweight -- adding 10 pounds of fat is useless and as mentioned earlier, will just hide your muscularity and make your arms look smaller and less impressive).

If you are genetically predisposed of big arms or of superior genetics you may gain even more, but if you have poor genetics your gains may be somewhat less. Usually one inch per 10-15 pound gain holds true in most cases.

No matter how good your genetics are it takes time to build such size. You may gain 20-30 pounds in your first year of training and then 7-10 pounds your next 3-4 years, and then it may be difficult to add even 5 pounds of muscle a year, so to add 4-5 inches will take years.

If you currently have a 14 or 15 inch arm and weigh 160 pounds don't expect to build your arms up to 18 inches some day and still weigh 160 pounds. It's a physical impossibility.

Face it, every "big arm" champ from Park, Pearl, Draper, Scott, Sergio, Arnold, Beckles, etc., are huge people and all weigh over 200 pounds in top shape.

Don't believe that garbage about Mohamed Makkawy, Franco Columbu and Danny Padilla only weighing 170 pounds or so and having 20" arms. It just ain't so. Most arm measurements are grossly exaggerated.

At last year's Olympia in Munich, Germany, Makkawy's arms were 17.75" but because of his shortness and incredible cuts and symmetry most people would swear his arms were at least 20 inches. Likewise for Danny Padilla. Several years ago Arthur Jones measured Franco Columbu's arms and they measured 16.75 inches cold. These are true measurements. A real 18" arm is huge.

Remember too that those guys are the elite of the sport; the guys with the best genes. If they can only manage 17 to 17.75 inches [with assistance] should you expect more? Hardly!

Very, very few guys can build up to a muscular 200 pounds and build a 17 or 18 inch arm let alone build up to a muscular 220 or 230 and have 20 or 21 inch arms. It's rare, believe me.

Even Arnold has his limits. Once he went over 235-240 pounds he started smoothing out and looking fat. Likewise you may find your structure only allows you to weigh 190-200 pounds and anything over that and you lose your shape and cuts and look fat and if you have a small frame even 170-180 may be too much for you, so you'll have to be content with a smaller arm.

But even as 16.5 or 17 inch arm that is well shaped and symmetrical with cuts and separation is far more impressive than a 29 incher of shapeless, smooth bulk. As they say, you can't flex fat.

I'm not saying not to try and build you arms as large as possible. What I'm trying to tell you is that size is only one quality of good arms and if genetics won't allow you to build big arms, then build the best arms you can by concentrating on the other essential characteristics-- like shape, balance, separation and cuts -- and your arms will still be very impressive.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2024, 07:47:40 AM »
so stanko's arms were 16.75 not 15.75

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2024, 08:28:04 AM »
Each person is unique and responds differently but generally for each 10-15 pound gain in muscular bodyweight you should add about one inch to your upper arms and close to one half inch to your forearms. (Note: I stress muscular bodyweight -- adding 10 pounds of fat is useless and as mentioned earlier, will just hide your muscularity and make your arms look smaller and less impressive).

If you are genetically predisposed of big arms or of superior genetics you may gain even more, but if you have poor genetics your gains may be somewhat less. Usually one inch per 10-15 pound gain holds true in most cases.

No matter how good your genetics are it takes time to build such size. You may gain 20-30 pounds in your first year of training and then 7-10 pounds your next 3-4 years, and then it may be difficult to add even 5 pounds of muscle a year, so to add 4-5 inches will take years.

If you currently have a 14 or 15 inch arm and weigh 160 pounds don't expect to build your arms up to 18 inches some day and still weigh 160 pounds. It's a physical impossibility.

Face it, every "big arm" champ from Park, Pearl, Draper, Scott, Sergio, Arnold, Beckles, etc., are huge people and all weigh over 200 pounds in top shape.

Don't believe that garbage about Mohamed Makkawy, Franco Columbu and Danny Padilla only weighing 170 pounds or so and having 20" arms. It just ain't so. Most arm measurements are grossly exaggerated.

At last year's Olympia in Munich, Germany, Makkawy's arms were 17.75" but because of his shortness and incredible cuts and symmetry most people would swear his arms were at least 20 inches. Likewise for Danny Padilla. Several years ago Arthur Jones measured Franco Columbu's arms and they measured 16.75 inches cold. These are true measurements. A real 18" arm is huge.

Remember too that those guys are the elite of the sport; the guys with the best genes. If they can only manage 17 to 17.75 inches [with assistance] should you expect more? Hardly!

Very, very few guys can build up to a muscular 200 pounds and build a 17 or 18 inch arm let alone build up to a muscular 220 or 230 and have 20 or 21 inch arms. It's rare, believe me.

Even Arnold has his limits. Once he went over 235-240 pounds he started smoothing out and looking fat. Likewise you may find your structure only allows you to weigh 190-200 pounds and anything over that and you lose your shape and cuts and look fat and if you have a small frame even 170-180 may be too much for you, so you'll have to be content with a smaller arm.

But even as 16.5 or 17 inch arm that is well shaped and symmetrical with cuts and separation is far more impressive than a 29 incher of shapeless, smooth bulk. As they say, you can't flex fat.

I'm not saying not to try and build you arms as large as possible. What I'm trying to tell you is that size is only one quality of good arms and if genetics won't allow you to build big arms, then build the best arms you can by concentrating on the other essential characteristics-- like shape, balance, separation and cuts -- and your arms will still be very impressive.

Eloquently put, dj.

I concur.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2024, 08:59:51 AM »

not a single grammatical mistake...

one of his normal posts

i get 7's on ai face ratings chief

neck is looking damn strong

didn't notice that before

tomorrow is chest and back so i'll carb up a bit with potatoes cooked in sunflower oil

I think we are dealing with a split personality

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2024, 09:24:58 AM »
How?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2024, 10:26:06 AM »

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2024, 10:33:55 AM »
Only on getbig is a 16.5" arm considered small, lol

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2024, 11:02:34 AM »
Only on getbig is a 16.5" arm considered small, lol

There are many bigorexia chumps here

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2024, 12:56:31 AM »
Doing what he loved. Swimming not drowning.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2024, 07:09:16 AM »

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 07:34:52 AM »
not a single grammatical mistake...

one of his normal posts

I think we are dealing with a split personality

Looks like he's channeling Pellius from the afterlife.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2024, 09:41:02 AM »
Always preferred him (and Lou) over Arnold.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2024, 11:22:07 AM »
Looks like he's channeling Pellius from the afterlife.

Penius approved

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2024, 12:12:05 AM »
Always preferred him (and Lou) over Arnold.
You preferred Lou over Arnold? Don't post a pic or you'll owe him $20. Probably $30 because of inflation.