Author Topic: question about barbell rows  (Read 861 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
question about barbell rows
« on: September 30, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »
Hey everyone
  I have a question on doing barbell rows. I've noticed, when I do it heavier. the bar rubs up aganist my thighs.  I do a 75 degrree stance. I just got the Fit tv chennal on my cable and the have a show that they lift weights and they do everything to form then weights. the lady that was doing it, had the bar more in front in then pulls it in like a sited row but standing. what is the  path of the barbell?? Is there a differance in the path of the bar using an underhand and the overhand??

thanksk guys

BFP

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
Re: question about barbell rows
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 07:08:20 PM »
Pull to between the sternum and navel.  Works best for me.

Jason

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:37:33 AM »
Good advice,and if the bar is too far away from the body,lower back injuries could occur,unless going really light probably like the lady most likely was that you mentioned.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 12:20:16 PM »
Hey everyone
  I have a question on doing barbell rows. I've noticed, when I do it heavier. the bar rubs up aganist my thighs.  I do a 75 degrree stance. I just got the Fit tv chennal on my cable and the have a show that they lift weights and they do everything to form then weights. the lady that was doing it, had the bar more in front in then pulls it in like a sited row but standing. what is the  path of the barbell?? Is there a differance in the path of the bar using an underhand and the overhand??

thanksk guys

If it's rubbing against your thighs you're probably standing up too high.  Back doesn't need to be parallel to the floor but it should be at at least a good 45-degree angle.  If I'm going overhand it usually hits my belly button or just under, if I use an underhand grip it hits my lower abs because it seems more natural to pull it up and back that way.