Author Topic: Fears...  (Read 6733 times)

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
Fears...
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:26:17 AM »
I have a horrible fear of going blind.  I just cannot imagine how the blind get by.  Having to be so dependant on others, not knowing what is all around you etc.  When I was a teen I was doing some work on my car and somehow got metal shavings in my eyes.  Went to the hospital and had to lay there looking at a tweezer pulling things out.  Then spent about a week with no sight.  To have to experience that for the rest of my life, being blind, is pretty scary to me. 

Next.

BKS - Guardian of Truth

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Fears...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:35:21 AM »
I have a horrible fear of going blind.  I just cannot imagine how the blind get by.  Having to be so dependant on others, not knowing what is all around you etc.  When I was a teen I was doing some work on my car and somehow got metal shavings in my eyes.  Went to the hospital and had to lay there looking at a tweezer pulling things out.  Then spent about a week with no sight.  To have to experience that for the rest of my life, being blind, is pretty scary to me. 

Next.

I used to give a ride to a blind lady that worked out at the same facility as I did at the time. 

She went totally blind at about age 16.  Later in her life, her son would move the furniture around in an attempt to "mess w/her" :-\

Once she found out she was overdrawn in her account because she had been using her debit card while intending to use her credit card.

She also would sometimes show up at parties w/2 different color shoes.

But she had/has a great life and a great sense of humor and is a massage therapist now.  A lot of her clients prefer that she's blind because some are quite uncomfortable w/their bodies.

Oh yeah, I have a fear of being eaten by a shark  :P
R

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 11:38:59 AM »
I have a fear of going thru the rest of my life and never feeling about anybody the way I feel about you...:)

LOL sorry I am in a mood.

My fear is of losing my wife. Above anything else in life that scares me more then anything that could happen to me..well that and being used as currency in jail..:)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 01:06:10 PM »

Next.

I too have a fear of going blind, especially as I've seen the world around me and what it looks like. Yes, I know some of you are going to say that not everything is good and some things are best left unseen but I genuinely do feel sorry for blind people.
I don't really give to charity but I do give now and then to blind charities and hopefully one day there will be a cure for all blindness. If I lost an arm or a leg in an accident then I wouldn't be as fussed if I were in an accident and went blind. That would scare the shit out of me.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 01:14:35 PM »
One of my friends fears that he might fall someday and lose a nipple by the scratching contact.
He was shivering when he told me about this.
$

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 01:18:31 PM »
I have a fear of growing old, shitting in a diaper, & eating everything through a straw

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 01:19:44 PM »
my number one fear is open ocean/sharks.
if i went blind id kill myself without question.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 01:30:05 PM »

I can swim in it, but something in the back of my head isn't at ease.
It's a shame, cause when i was young i used to go snorkling, swimming all the time. I loved it so much.
$

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 01:31:39 PM »
=sorry I am in a mood.

I'd fear Always Sore if he was in a bad mood.

I've always worn glasses for myopia and now need reading glasses.
I too am concerned about losing my eyesight.

xL

I'm scared of fire (and angry men...

We will see.
ps:  you wouldn't kill yourself if you went blind. 
You'd beg for another two weeks or months even if you'd lost your legs and arms and all your innards and half your brain.  At the end, you wanna live. 

I'm half blind.
But things still look good and I can type.
xL

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 01:32:33 PM »

I'd fear Always Sore if he was in a bad mood.

I've always worn glasses for myopia and now need reading glasses.
I too am concerned about losing my eyesight.

xL

I'm scared of fire (and angry men...

We will see.
ps:  you wouldn't kill yourself if you went blind. 
You'd beg for another two weeks or months even if you'd lost your legs and arms and all your innards and half your brain.  At the end, you wanna live. 

I'm half blind.
But things still look good and I can type.
xL

you're half blind?

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 01:35:02 PM »
Drowning. i thing i drowned in my previous life
Money drugs and bitches

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 01:52:01 PM »
in fact i'm convinced that one of the main reasons i've never had an eye accident is that I have my specs on.

I have lots.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 01:59:13 PM »

do you mean that about your previous life?  I'm having lots of thoughts about what I might have done to ....

I've never had a really bad dream.

That would be up there about Number one fear for me:  Nightmares.
Luckily I've never really had one of those.
Or major health scares.
xL

One of my favorite lines is:  Live in fear. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 02:38:52 PM »

Next.

OMG the same thing happened to me when I first moved to NY. Some metal sliver from a construction site flew into my eye and had to have it taken out with the tweezer. It was DISGUSTING.  I remember the doctor phoned me at home every day and I thought he was hitting on me until I found out that in the States doctors actually call you at home, unlike Canada, where this would never happen.  :-\  Even worse, four years later it happened again in Cape Cod... a grain of sand lodged in my eye and had to go to the ER to have the SAME procedure.  It's twice the horrible when you know what to expect.

I used to take my dog Zoe to the Blind Institute for animal therapy. She loved it and so did the  people there.  One visit we were with an old blind and deaf guy who seemed very despondent, and when Zoe crawled on his lap, he started touching her and she licked him, and when he realized she was a dog, he actually started crying... which of course set me off, so then I did. But I don't think being blind is the worst thing in life. You can still enjoy and accomplish a lot.

Worst fear: I would hate to fall from a tall building. I get sick if I even get near a window when I'm above the 15th floor.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 02:47:52 PM »

Next.

Bro then you better stop masturbating!

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2006, 02:48:41 PM »
I was blind in my left eye.

I had a cornea transplant.

Watching the Video of the operation still creeps me out.

I am afraid of heights.
I became an HVAC engineer because I thought I would never have to worry about heights.
Now I spend aboout 1/4 of my days standing on ladders and roofs of tall buildings.

The most amazing experience I had when my vision came back was looking at mowed grass.
I never knew grass had so much texture. It was freaking cool.
Z

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 02:48:58 PM »
Oh yeah, I have a fear of being eaten by a shark  :P
But what a great meal you'd be.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 02:50:47 PM »
Please go blind, please go blind......

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 02:51:53 PM »
Please crash in a pond while you're drunk...................

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 02:52:59 PM »
Worst fear: I would hate to fall from a tall building. I get sick if I even get near a window when I'm above the 15th floor.
So sex on the balcony is out?

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »
Bro then you better stop masturbating!

my favourite blind person joke
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 03:08:14 PM »
i have a bad knee too.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 03:13:13 PM »
Afraid of heights.  One of the scariest moments of my life was going to Air Assault School in the Army.  Repelling out of the helicopter at the end of training was scary, but repelling off the tower when training for the helicopter was absolutely terrifying.  We had to back out over the tower and lean back while holding a very skinny rope.  Probably the scariest moment of my life.  I think I said a few Hail Mary’s, and I'm not even Catholic. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 03:21:54 PM »
i had no problem getting a drivers license, either in Toronto or Florida. 

I drove all over America.  I can see.  I just judge distance differently. 

That's why you have two eyes.

xL

37.333 per day....  ::)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 03:26:54 PM »
37.333 per day....  ::)

yeah, I noticed that.  I told you the clock thing and logout thing doesn't work here.

am I really doing 37,000+ posts a day?

I'd hate to lose my hands.
that would be worse than my eyes

xL