Author Topic: Props to "The Beast"  (Read 2778 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Props to "The Beast"
« on: April 20, 2006, 06:31:09 PM »
Really appreciate the info you share here, especially concerning contest prep nutrition :) These boards would be a whole lot better if more who were familiar with comp prep posted here instead of simply living in the gossip section of these boards.

Keep the helpfull advice rolling in, and best of luck in your own comp endeavours  ;D

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Props to "The Beast"
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 07:59:09 AM »
Thank you so much :)  It is nice to hear that, I just know how hard it was for me going into my first show and any help I can give I will try to. 

Your advice isn't too shabby either...as for the gossip boards-most people here have never competed but love to break down the competitors who do lay it on the line.  It bothers me because getting up on stage is not an easy thing to do and posting pics of competitors (Pro or Not) and just cutting them down shows a complete lack of respect and an ignorance of what really goes into competing.  As I always say in my thread, please give me all comments but keep them constructive.  I don't mind hearing that I need to bring up my hams and exercises to do but telling me I am flat ::) yep, that takes a real genius. 

I also know that there is a misconception that Figure competitors don't really work hard and it is just a beauty contest...I hope I help to change that perception because we do work hard and may even know a little bit about the work that doing a show entails:)

Thanks again A Jr.  as I have said before it is nice to smile when your dieting and you put a big one on my face ;D

Jennifer

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 08:42:41 AM »
Just defending we gossip board people ;D

It is valid point but remember, quite a few of us make a living doing contest prep/nutrition etc...For me I own a gym, train a number of competitors in person and online, travel with my clients to shows etc. I am forever answering emails, typing up diet plans, training programs, last week manipulations and training clients in person. I have been doing this for 8 -12 hours a day for almost 15 years 8)

So, I come here to relax, not to do what I do for a living...For many of you it is a hobby, for me it my day-in-day out existence for 15 years. That being said I do post advice here and there, especially on the girls board and am always helpful via pm.

Sorry to be all negative, but just thought I would show the other side of the coin.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 10:12:15 AM »
CQ - I don't think we meant it that way.  Personally I think you bring a greal deal to this board even if you do spend much of your time on the gossip section.  You always have an educated opinion and present it as such.  You don't needlessly bash people and I understand you point of not wanting to talk business all day. 

Jennifer

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 11:46:20 AM »

dear beasty-bastard .. go over my bulkin/juicin diet , or ill have you killed!

meal 1 - two fish steaks , s'hit load of fries - 1 whey shake (1100 cals -55grm protein)

meal 2 - (post trainin) 60 grams whey + 70 grams glucose shakes +two snickers 30 mins later (f'uck knows how many cals + 55grams protein)

meal 3 - 1x 130g 'drained' can tuna + two energy drinks + kit kat (800cals +50grams protein)

meal 4 - chicken curry + rice + yoghurt (1040 cals +50 grams of protein)

meal 5 - 1 flapjack , 1 bottle of milk , 4 scrambled eggs (1100 cals + 46 grams of protein)

thats it  .. i cant eat anymore...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 07:27:20 PM »
dear beasty-bastard .. go over my bulkin/juicin diet , or ill have you killed!

meal 1 - two fish steaks , s'hit load of fries - 1 whey shake (1100 cals -55grm protein)

meal 2 - (post trainin) 60 grams whey + 70 grams glucose shakes +two snickers 30 mins later (f'uck knows how many cals + 55grams protein)

meal 3 - 1x 130g 'drained' can tuna + two energy drinks + kit kat (800cals +50grams protein)

meal 4 - chicken curry + rice + yoghurt (1040 cals +50 grams of protein)

meal 5 - 1 flapjack , 1 bottle of milk , 4 scrambled eggs (1100 cals + 46 grams of protein)

thats it  .. i cant eat anymore...

Is this real? If so it is absolutely horrific :-X

Also, why are you being such an ass? Learn some decency.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 12:02:37 PM »
CQ - I don't think we meant it that way.  Personally I think you bring a greal deal to this board even if you do spend much of your time on the gossip section.  You always have an educated opinion and present it as such.  You don't needlessly bash people and I understand you point of not wanting to talk business all day. 

I took no offence to the post, just giving the other side of the coin for the 'noobs'. No worries, I know you're cool ;D

Is this real? If so it is absolutely horrific :-X

Also, why are you being such an ass? Learn some decency.

LOL! Knowing Freeagain it probably is real, and he always posts like that :)

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »
its real alright .... and im up 12 solid pounds in 3.5 weeks !  8)

im not a fan of clean food when bulkin .. i leave 'clean' for rippin up!

in fact i may throw a 'midnight pork-pie in there'!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2006, 12:47:29 PM »
its real alright .... and im up 12 solid pounds in 3.5 weeks !  8)

im not a fan of clean food when bulkin .. i leave 'clean' for rippin up!

in fact i may throw a 'midnight pork-pie in there'!

Do what you want, but if you are using AAS I would strongly urge you to reevaluate your diet. When on cycle eating clean is very important because AAS can have a tendency to cause problems in regards to blood pressure and high cholesterol. Eating foods that are high in saturated fats, high in cholesterol, and foods that have more sodium then recommended, can cause these problems to be severe and manifest themselves in very unpleasant ways. It is possible to get all the calories you need by eating a clean diet...don't be fooled otherwise.

There is no place on earth like the "Dark Side" but every other aspect of your life should be clean and on point in order to minimize problems.

...respect your gear, if you don't it will not respect you.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2006, 12:53:45 PM »

i do respect the gear .. thats why i stay 'on ' for only 10 weeks at a time than stay off for centurys between cycles.  ;)

im not gonna get heart disease in 10 weeks ... and i take handfulls of fishoils three times per day.

my liver protectant/anti-oxidant regimine is stellar too.  8)

but my rationale is .. eatin a clean diet is too dificult to get the calories up .. plus unpleasant and monotonous .. and roids make your body utilise the nutrients much better than trainin natty. i think my muscles are uptakin everythin .. im feelin swole and well fed.

i actually think eatin clean while juicin is a big mistake.. iv read articles in the past from pros bein candid and they all gorge on fast food in the off season bulk stage. dorians advice was classic....

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 01:29:41 PM »
i do respect the gear .. thats why i stay 'on ' for only 10 weeks at a time than stay off for centurys between cycles.  ;)

im not gonna get heart disease in 10 weeks ... and i take handfulls of fishoils three times per day.

my liver protectant/anti-oxidant regimine is stellar too.  8)

but my rationale is .. eatin a clean diet is too dificult to get the calories up .. plus unpleasant and monotonous .. and roids make your body utilise the nutrients much better than trainin natty. i think my muscles are uptakin everythin .. im feelin swole and well fed.

i actually think eatin clean while juicin is a big mistake.. iv read articles in the past from pros bein candid and they all gorge on fast food in the off season bulk stage. dorians advice was classic....

You're right about one thing, eating clean all the time can get very monotonous, but I guess it's relative to the individual and his/her goals. As far as getting enough calories, to reiterate yes it can be done and done with a clean diet. I'm not saying you have to eat only green veggies, brown rice and chicken, as if you're weeks out from a show, but getting enough calories is possible. Boring, yes, but again it depends on the person. Also, I'm not saying you should avoid junk altogether, I don't see anything wrong with indulging now and again, but making this a lifestyle habit is just a bad idea IMO.

As for the articles you've read about the pro's eating junk while bulking, did these articles happen to mention that most of these guys have to stay on thyroid treatment year round, otherwise they would blow up like the Michelin man? I think thyroid drugs can have there place for a comp BB, but should only be utilized during comp prep and at limited amounts for short durations...otherwise dependency becomes a factor, which is not something you should ever want.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 01:38:10 PM »
You're right about one thing, eating clean all the time can get very monotonous, but I guess it's relative to the individual and his/her goals. As far as getting enough calories, to reiterate yes it can be done and done with a clean diet. I'm not saying you have to eat only green veggies, brown rice and chicken, as if you're weeks out from a show, but getting enough calories is possible. Boring, yes, but again it depends on the person. Also, I'm not saying you should avoid junk altogether, I don't see anything wrong with indulging now and again, but making this a lifestyle habit is just a bad idea IMO.

As for the articles you've read about the pro's eating junk while bulking, did these articles happen to mention that most of these guys have to stay on thyroid treatment year round, otherwise they would blow up like the Michelin man? I think thyroid drugs can have there place for a comp BB, but should only be utilized during comp prep and at limited amounts for short durations...otherwise dependency becomes a factor, which is not something you should ever want.

chill arnold... you comparin a gym rat bulkin for 10 weeks to a pro here who abuses anabolics in massive quantitys for extended periods of time.

i only agree with their dietry advice to gain mass..... iv done it before and it always works a treat AND IS VERY PLEASUREABLE.

for me a calorie is a calorie.. i dont give a f'uck how i get it .. unless of course i want a beachbody with low bf then ill eat clean obviously.

but in my mind eatin clean and bulkin contradict each other...... id rather eat 5 calorie dense meals with a shitload of fat n sugar as well as carbs protein .. than have to eat 8 clean meals. my body grows on either but one is less pain in the arse.

AMNIMAL

• Getbig II
  • IRON addict for LIFE
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 11:45:10 AM »
Thank you so much :)  It is nice to hear that, I just know how hard it was for me going into my first show and any help I can give I will try to. 

Your advice isn't too shabby either...as for the gossip boards-most people here have never competed but love to break down the competitors who do lay it on the line.  It bothers me because getting up on stage is not an easy thing to do and posting pics of competitors (Pro or Not) and just cutting them down shows a complete lack of respect and an ignorance of what really goes into competing.  As I always say in my thread, please give me all comments but keep them constructive.  I don't mind hearing that I need to bring up my hams and exercises to do but telling me I am flat ::) yep, that takes a real genius. 

I also know that there is a misconception that Figure competitors don't really work hard and it is just a beauty contest...I hope I help to change that perception because we do work hard and may even know a little bit about the work that doing a show entails:)

Thanks again A Jr.  as I have said before it is nice to smile when your dieting and you put a big one on my face ;D

BEST OF LUCK BEAST in your upcoming show! I know they say luck is what happens when preparation meets determination. You definitely sound like your prepared! Hope you dominate your class. The advice we have received from you proved it's weight in the form of a little Bronze Muscle dude! ;D Remember, Figure champions win a quarter turn at a time ;) Let us know how things turn out. Giv'em HELL!!! :D

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 01:16:30 PM »

AMNIMAL,

THE BEAST pointed me to your contest pics...you looked awesome! Mad props to you!

Big shout out from Chicago! Holla!

TheBlockHead
?