Author Topic: David Henry says he dislikes this board becuase of all the disrespect  (Read 20270 times)

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
David Henry said in his column for MD that he dislikes this board becuase of all the disrespect many of the memebers has for the pros. The name calling the outlandish acusations, the unfounded rumors. The critique of thier physique when none have competed locally. Hidding behind sir names and calling pros out as if the pro knows them. I have over 573 post here but  many of you have  over 2000 post and many of it contains the kind of crap stated above. I like Getbig it was the first but the community here esspecially those who claim thier so huge and so much a Bodybuilder yet their nobody just like me Im a Fan....their stars are yellow just like mine if its not blue then you really need to be paying compliments to these pros and those in the industry. stop throwinf stones Many of you are mere wanna be's some rarely train.

When I look at other community boards you dont see much of this crap, thier has been racism, talk against others religion and only less than 1% of you actually knows each other. A prime example will be the response on here observe as it rolls down. I hope Im proven wrong. ;)

MRMD2003

• Getbig II
Re: David Henry says he dislikes this board becuase of all the disrespect
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 04:45:17 PM »
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU "GETINHUGE" I LIVE N MD AND TRAINED AT KEVIN LEVRONE'S GYM. ACTUALLY BECAME PRETTY GOOD FRIENDS WITH HIM. SOME OF THE MEMBERS ON THIS BOARD CRUCIFY KEV ALONG WITH OTHER BODYBUILDERS FOR NO REASON.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 04:47:59 PM »
JEEEZZZ you guys are so sensitive... no wonder probodybuilders are so gulible!
just push some weight!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 04:49:25 PM »
Ok, well David is right, this board is overly negative and if he doesn't want to post here thats his decision.

I can't think of many people who have over 2000 posts that are predominantly negative - a couple of obvious suspects yes but not "many".

If you like the look of other community boards, go post on them then.  This is how this board is and for better or worse its a far more interesting place to be.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 04:52:08 PM »
David Henry said in his column for MD that he dislikes this board becuase of all the disrespect many of the memebers has for the pros. The name calling the outlandish acusations, the unfounded rumors. The critique of thier physique when none have competed locally. Hidding behind sir names and calling pros out as if the pro knows them. I have over 573 post here but  many of you have  over 2000 post and many of it contains the kind of crap stated above. I like Getbig it was the first but the community here esspecially those who claim thier so huge and so much a Bodybuilder yet their nobody just like me Im a Fan....their stars are yellow just like mine if its not blue then you really need to be paying compliments to these pros and those in the industry. stop throwinf stones Many of you are mere wanna be's some rarely train.
When I look at other community boards you dont see much of this crap, thier has been racism, talk against others religion and only less than 1% of you actually knows each other. A prime example will be the response on here observe as it rolls down. I hope Im proven wrong. ;)
At the end of the day, we're all just regular blokes.
Internet tough guys and keyboard jocks isn't a big problem really.
Compare it to real problems like pandemia, famine and shit like that. It's all about putting things into perspective IMO.
YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

griptess

• Getbig I
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 04:54:37 PM »

I agree

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 04:56:06 PM »
Ok, well David is right, this board is overly negative and if he doesn't want to post here thats his decision.
I can't think of many people who have over 2000 posts that are predominantly negative - a couple of obvious suspects yes but not "many".
If you like the look of other community boards, go post on them then.  This is how this board is and for better or worse its a far more interesting place to be.
Shouldn't it be time for the tri-monthly "Sorry and this time I'm going straight" Speech soon?
End of February perhaps?
YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 05:03:31 PM »
1/3 of us will have cancer of the ass or prostate in our lifetimes.

that means at least 1 in 3 of us will pay a lot of money to be ass-up on a table getting drilled by a doc with cold hands.  And probably greater than 1 in 3, since gear increases your odds.   It'll kill some of us.  Other will have our assholes stitched back up and sent on our way, waiting for something else to kill us.

That's the shit I worry about.  Reality. 
Internet boards are an escape from reality.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 05:07:33 PM »
1/3 of us will have cancer of the ass or prostate in our lifetimes.
that means at least 1 in 3 of us will pay a lot of money to be ass-up on a table getting drilled by a doc with cold hands.  And probably greater than 1 in 3, since gear increases your odds.   It'll kill some of us.  Other will have our assholes stitched back up and sent on our way, waiting for something else to kill us.
That's the shit I worry about.  Reality. 
Internet boards are an escape from reality.
I agree somewhat.
But I think that the escape from reality part should be avoided as much as possible, taking on too much of a crazy Internet personality which differs from the real life person may lead to personal problems in the end.
JMO
YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 05:07:47 PM »
who's dave henry?
$

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 05:08:40 PM »
I like Getbig cause we can say whatever the fuck we want. Well it just seems like that compared to other nazi bbing boards.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »
who's dave henry?

He's that funny looking short guy who's also one of the top 5 BB's in the world.

Short = Teh Funny.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 05:10:50 PM »
taking on too much of a crazy Internet personality which differs from the real life person may lead to personal problems in the end.
Also revealing shady things about yourself, then pissing people off, can end badly  :-\

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 05:11:44 PM »
He avoids squats
$

bandit

• Getbig II
  • i killed the squad and buried them cockroaches
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 05:12:16 PM »
top5? yeah right
the squad = dead & buried

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 05:13:25 PM »
He avoids squats

Maybe.

But he rinses the ground beef. Give him that.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 05:14:04 PM »
um i dont recall asking him for a validation of my existence. so, i respect his feelings and he's free to lurk here and not post all he wants.  by the way i dont disrespect anybody

GUNZO

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 05:15:41 PM »
I think that David Henry needs to develop thicker skin. These boards are here to entertain as well as inform. If he believes that GetBig is all negative then he really hasn't explored this site. And the assumption that a non pro can't critique a pro is total garbage. Most of the things that I have read regarding Henry on these boards has been positive, Which leads me to believe that he is doing the very thing in print that he accuses others of doing on an internet board. Why does he compete in a subjective sport if he can't handle criticism?
....sorry fer th' rant, bub.

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 05:33:21 PM »
Your grammar would seem to indicate that either english is not your first language, or you stopped formal education somewhere before junior high.  Please refrain from long preachy sycophantic posts unless you can be articulate or a have a legitimate gripe. 
Thanks,
Grundle

Here is one "a nobody
'Grundle ;D ::)....my grammar please you dont even know me i did this  in a rush when it was on my mind...but im glad you took the time to look up words to sound intelligent...yet your still..... never mind i cant stoop to that level thats so beneath me. where you  dwell.GRUNDLE....tell mmie goodnight and turn on you night light.

As for the rest of you guys i really like the way most of you expressed your opinion on this subject. and i have been apart of getbig for along time so Im not going anywhere but i will express my opinion aswell. Bottom Line.

fang

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 05:37:19 PM »
David Henry said in his column for MD that he dislikes this board becuase of all the disrespect many of the memebers has for the pros. The name calling the outlandish acusations, the unfounded rumors. The critique of thier physique when none have competed locally. Hidding behind sir names and calling pros out as if the pro knows them.
DH must have been reading this board enough to know all that...

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 05:39:27 PM »
He's that funny looking short guy who's also one of the top 5 BB's in the world.
Short = Teh Funny.
YIP
Zack

uummm top 5 in the world? absolutley not.

ronnie, jay, badell, dexter, lee, victor, gunter, markhus, branch, melvin.....the list goes on....
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 05:46:32 PM »
I think that David Henry needs to develop thicker skin.

Hes probably been picked on his whole life, just look at him. He looks like a geek. If any of us dissed him one day he'd have crazy flashbacks from when he was picked on and would probably blast himself on the spot. I'm not surprised he doesn't post here.....hes too scared.

But he still looked sick on saturday and I think he should've won.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 05:56:01 PM »
Maybe David Henry need to come to the Darkside

http://darksidebb.proboards54.com/index.cgi

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 06:02:59 PM »

Actually, there were a few negative threads about Henry started by someone who went by "ProteinJones." Other than that, there hasn't been much negative said about Henry on Getbig. It's not like were talking about Kamali, who gets roasted here on a weekly basis.

I was one of the people who stood up for Henry and gave him props. Not everything here is negative. We just have a lot of trolls. Many here create accounts just to talk shit. Ignore the shit talkers. That is what I say. If you're hurt that someone on the net is calling you names, and making fun of you, then wait till you get outside in the real world, where reality is shit and life isn't fair......you won't last a minute.
HAHA, RON.....

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 06:15:39 PM »
Yes let's dress everything up in cotton and fairy floss and have a merry time here on getbig wihtout hurting anyones feelings. ;D

Get real the honesty and uncensored content on this board makes it interesting.