Author Topic: dieting moderately...is it a lie?  (Read 22377 times)

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
Re: dieting moderately...is it a lie?
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »
Yeah, you'll have a moment of clarity before the binge, then you get that desire, buy your food, eat it all, and then your consciousness comes back to you and you process what just happened.

I found that not trying to undo the damage of the binge is the best thing to do. Just continue on like it didn't happen. Trying to undo the damage can get yourself into dangerous territory

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 09:39:07 PM »
Well, that's the disorder part of it, it is not logical.
Like an alcoholic would still go to a liquor store to buy his alcohol. He feels embarrassed, like all the people in there  - lady behind the counter and other customers - know he's an alcoholic, but the need for alcohol is too great to resist. If he shops at different stores everyday, maybe they all think he only buys one bottle per week, instead of one per day. He's fooling himself, and deep down he knows. But that wont stop him from buying or drinking any alcohol. The power of alcohol is too great.

You can translate this for people with binge eating disorders, but with bad food (= high in calories, sugar, salt and fat). Binging on zucchini's or broccoli is not common...

I have no problem stocking up toilet paper, detergents, chicken breasts or carrots, and never had problems with those kind of items. But buying just one little piece of chocolate is still embarrassing. Let alone buying it in bulk when on sale. In my mind I'm still the 215 lbs hippowhale. So if I have that chocolate in my cart, it feels like people judge me for my bad food choices and being severly overweight. Like it is tattooed on my forehead that I am stocking up for a binge...
Still, I will buy it, because I feel an urge for it. And the more I deny the urge, the bigger the binge will get...

Interesting....  

I can understand carrying a picture of yourself in your mind. It can work in reverse too.
I have on occasion caught a glimpse off myself in a mirror and jumped, absolutely startled at the person staring back at me. She looked nothing like me, ...then I realized, yes, that is my reflection staring back at me.

Do you still weigh 215lbs? If not, then my suggestion to you is to get yourself a full length mirror, and stare at yourself naked EVERY DAY!!! Get a more realistic body image of yourself. Just because you have slimmed down to a more healthy weight, doesn't mean you're healthy.  The weight is still weighing you down if you're still carrying it mentally. Lose the weight both physically AND mentally, ...and enjoy your food, ...buying it and eating it.  Good Luck to You  :)
w

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 03:06:14 AM »
Do you still weigh 215lbs?
No, I'm no down to 140-145 lbs.

If not, then my suggestion to you is to get yourself a full length mirror, and stare at yourself naked EVERY DAY!!! Get a more realistic body image of yourself. Just because you have slimmed down to a more healthy weight, doesn't mean you're healthy.  The weight is still weighing you down if you're still carrying it mentally. Lose the weight both physically AND mentally, ...and enjoy your food, ...buying it and eating it. 

Funny thing is, even with mirrors, photographs, actual clothing and so on, the person with a disorder sees herself different than reality shows. Can't remember which documentary it was... They did some of these mental excercises on anorexic girls. One was to draw their own outline on a door. The girls were tiny, but these outlines were all huge. When the therapist drawed the real outlines, all girls were denying that was their real outline. It just did not fit their mental image, so the therapist must be lying.

They also blamed the pictures to be photoshopped. And the mirrors to be funny mirrors, even if the therapists mirror image was not distorted even when theirs was, at the same time and standing hip tot hip. Lot of girls were very confused by this...

I guess some obese people have the same distorted self image, just not seeing their own fat and size as it really is.

Good Luck to You  :)
Thank you! I really appreciate it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 12:07:43 AM »
No, I'm no down to 140-145 lbs.

Funny thing is, even with mirrors, photographs, actual clothing and so on, the person with a disorder sees herself different than reality shows. Can't remember which documentary it was... They did some of these mental excercises on anorexic girls. One was to draw their own outline on a door. The girls were tiny, but these outlines were all huge. When the therapist drawed the real outlines, all girls were denying that was their real outline. It just did not fit their mental image, so the therapist must be lying.

They also blamed the pictures to be photoshopped. And the mirrors to be funny mirrors, even if the therapists mirror image was not distorted even when theirs was, at the same time and standing hip tot hip. Lot of girls were very confused by this...

I guess some obese people have the same distorted self image, just not seeing their own fat and size as it really is.
Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Wow, if a distorted body image goes that far, ...then they should put a bag over their heads and stare into a mirror naked if that helps.

I guess it comes down to accepting yourself, and understanding that weight is not the cause of problems.

Self confidence comes from within.
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2014, 07:24:38 PM »
5:2 diet
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 5:2 diet, also written as 5/2 diet, is a fad diet[1] which involves severe calorie restriction for two non-consecutive days a week and normal eating the other five days, which originated and became popular in the UK, and spread in Europe and to the USA.[2] It is a form of intermittent fasting.[3]

The diet is claimed to promote (fat) weight loss and to

>>>>>have several beneficial effects on health.

The diet specifies a low calorie consumption (sometimes described as "fasting") for two days a week, which should not be consecutive, but allows normal eating for the other five days.[5] Men may eat 600 calories on fasting days, and women 500.[6]

xxxL