Author Topic: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries  (Read 366082 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: R.I.P. Keith Jones aka Onlyme/Noworries
« Reply #350 on: January 14, 2011, 06:53:57 AM »
I know a man that was bitten in the testicle by one and they had to remove it.  Fortunate for him that he was bitten in something that could "easily" be removed....I guess his leg was affected as well did heal.

Must have been one helluva gay spider

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: The very best contributions from Keith Jones aka onlyme and noworries.
« Reply #351 on: January 14, 2011, 06:54:57 AM »
Keith was planning on opening a big MMA gym in Vegas. It never happened but it almost came about. This post shows you he had a clue about the gym industry.

Re: NEW LICENSED GYM CHAIN
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 10:10:33 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: stormshadow on October 15, 2007, 01:30:21 PM
People go to the gym that is the best deal and/or best suits their needs.

People do not care if it is "Powerhouse" or "Golds" or "Elite Total Shitness"

Many small gyms in my area are already converting to MMA. 

Why on Earth would someone pay money to build your brand?

Exactly.  Smaller gyms that are converting but don't know how to make money doing it.  It is a fact that more than 80% of privately own gyms fail.  So you are very wrong about people not caring what gym they go to.  Those small gyms you refer to that are coverting have very few members and are barely making it and statistics show they won't be around long.  As soon as a bigger name gym comes to town and offers more and better than they have or even the same, that small gym will close.  That is a fact.  Also small one owner gyms don't get near the discounts for equipment like we do.  Not even close.

There are many advantages of being part of a "chain".  And what makes us different is the contacts and the fact that we have the most experience and defintiely the success to support our Licensees.  All other gym chains built their foundations on what we developed.  Our team is the "originals".  Can't dispute that at all.  Can't dispute that Gold's Gym was the # international gym chain in the world and the merchandise could be found in more than 13,000 retail outlets worldwide.  You can't beat our experience or knowledge in the industry and no one has the connections and ability to get exposure.  And when you say "build your brand" you are so off it's unreal.  The reason to to it is to build YOUR brand.  You are part of it.  I hope this helps.

Quote from: nuyork143 on October 21, 2007, 11:39:48 AM
Why are you using the same font as the golds logo??  Seems like a nut hang to me...but what do I know...

The reason is we made that font style famous around the world.  When someone sees who is involved with our company the first thing comes to mind is Gold's Gym.  Nothing wrong with that.  In fact it has secured interviews in 13 major publications starting in January.  So yea, no problem here.   Looks like we are using what is successful.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #352 on: January 14, 2011, 07:01:41 AM »
Its a shame he died in timeout.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #353 on: January 14, 2011, 07:03:27 AM »
Its a shame he died in timeout.

I think Ron let him out.  8)
D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: January 14, 2011, 07:05:17 AM »
I know a man that was bitten in the testicle by one and they had to remove it.  Fortunate for him that he was bitten in something that could "easily" be removed....I guess his leg was affected as well did heal.
I spent weeks hardly being able to move my leg and I caught it early.  I don't want to even think what others had to endure over this little sack of shit spider.  I'll aslo note, if i remember right, that some people said there is no way Keith got bit in California.  I got nailed in California and spent time in the hospital.  The spider might not be on the map for california, but fuck anyone who says it's not there.  I got bit there and had fuckers carving out a small chunk of my leg over it.  

PS... don't talk to men about spider bites and testicles.... Good God Woman!!!!.......

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #355 on: January 14, 2011, 07:08:32 AM »

Alright now that will do!  Thank you very much!  :-X

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: January 14, 2011, 07:13:53 AM »
Must have been one helluva gay spider

Maybe it was a female?

Alright now that will do!  Thank you very much!  :-X

Sorry  :P

I spent weeks hardly being able to move my leg and I caught it early.  I don't want to even think what others had to endure over this little sack of shit spider.  I'll aslo note, if i remember right, that some people said there is no way Keith got bit in California.  I got nailed in California and spent time in the hospital.  The spider might not be on the map for california, but fuck anyone who says it's not there.  I got bit there and had fuckers carving out a small chunk of my leg over it. 

PS... don't talk to men about spider bites and testicles.... Good god woman.......

This guy worked at a large do it yourself type hardware store that has wood shipped in all the time (from diff. states) and I guess those things would come in on the wood.  For awhile I would go to other do it yourself stores but now I stay very alert when I am in there and purposely walk in the center of the aisles as much as I can.   Apparently another employee caught one of those things shortly after the guy was bitten.

So like you say, just because they are "not on the map" doesn't mean they are not there. :(
R

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: January 14, 2011, 07:23:19 AM »
Maybe it was a female?

Sorry  :P

This guy worked at a large do it yourself type hardware store that has wood shipped in all the time (from diff. states) and I guess those things would come in on the wood.  For awhile I would go to other do it yourself stores but now I stay very alert when I am in there and purposely walk in the center of the aisles as much as I can.   Apparently another employee caught one of those things shortly after the guy was bitten.

So like you say, just because they are "not on the map" doesn't mean they are not there. :(
yup, that's actually very true.  shit gets shipped all over the place today and maps don't mean jack.  At MCAS Yuma we caught this spider that looked like a black widow, had an hour glass like a widdow but was brown and yellow instead of black and red.  After some looked it up, it turns out it was the same only that species was from the middle east.  In other words it hitched a ride back home.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #358 on: January 14, 2011, 07:25:45 AM »
Shit, we had Black Widows and Brown Recluse Spiders in UPS trucks all the damn time.  >:( >:(
D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: January 14, 2011, 07:30:34 AM »
Shit, we had Black Widows and Brown Recluse Spiders in UPS trucks all the damn time.  >:( >:(
If I had to choose, I'd rather be bit by a black widow.  seriously that recluse shit is hardcore bs...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #360 on: January 14, 2011, 07:38:35 AM »
If I had to choose, I'd rather be bit by a black widow.  seriously that recluse shit is hardcore bs...
What is the best defense against these vile creatures?  I have an irrational fear of ticks, spiders and the like at times and would appreciate to hear your advice for deterrence.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #361 on: January 14, 2011, 07:44:58 AM »
Those who are attracted to bodybuilding forums often want to find a way to get bigger muscles. I know that Ray Mentzer had issues about his dad favouring Mike and not him. Keith writes about how he was considered adopted and you can imagine in young Keith how that would have stung. Being compared to a sibling like he was would have hurt him deeply. Perhaps that is why he ended up lifting weights. Sub-consciously he figured if he got big enough and strong enough then no one could ignor him. That is a powerful motivation to many of us who because of feeling rejected when young we try forever to 'show them'. The sad thing is that many achieve plenty but still don't get the deep satisfaction they need to feel complete. I respect Keith for opening up and telling his story. It is an inspirational story where he aspired to achieve things in various fields. When obstacles presented in one area he would seek competence elsewhere. Often he was encouraged by people who saw his ability and that is part of his story.

Had he not been bitten by that spider and virtually cripped afterwards who knows what he might have done? Perhaps he would have been so busy he wouldn't have had time to surf the net and tell his stories. While people are alive who remember those stories a part of Keith will be in us and I suppose that is a kind of immortality that would please him.

I don't want to sugarcoat who he was because he could be mean to some people for some reason. The internet can bring out both the best and worst in many of us. He sure became an internet warrior and perhaps the epitome of a resident Getbigger. He spared no one and took no prisoners! That was our Keith, even on the net he was flamboyant and perhaps a bit reckless. You sure got what you deserved from him and you deserved what you got.

Vince, anyone who can invest a $100,000 in building a seated curl machine surely is of substantial means. So the flight, hotel, etc is not problem so THE BEE assumes you will be attending Keith's service, correct?

THE BEEF

THE BEEF

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #362 on: January 14, 2011, 07:58:36 AM »
OMG, I can't believe this..  :o  :o

in the last 6-8 months we started talking a lot through PM and become somewhat friends, me and my wife had plans to have dinner with him this month in Vegas, I was helping him through PM with getting back in shape and staying positive.

:(

RIP Keith.

He even sent me coffee from his company in Hawaii

condolences for his family he was a good guy and had great stories.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #363 on: January 14, 2011, 07:58:58 AM »

One of Keith`s fellow Hawaiian`s who also met an early demise.   :'(

I asked Keith about Iz and he told me they treated him like royalty in Hawaii.  Another interesting fact about Keith when he lived in Hawaii, he was friends Wally Amos of the "Famous Amos" Cookie brands that you find in supermarkets.  He would have Wally and his wife over and they would BAKE for Keith real cookies.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wally_Amos

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: January 14, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
What is the best defense against these vile creatures?  I have an irrational fear of ticks, spiders and the like at times and would appreciate to hear your advice for deterrence.
sorry, I have not idea.  My best defense is to jump and scream like a sissy bitch lol.... No seriously, when I got bit, I didn't even know it.  I was sleeping.  From what I hear, that's when most people get bit so I guess if you're in an area with a lot of brown recluse, hobo spiders and black widdows, check under the sheets before you crawl in lol...

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #365 on: January 14, 2011, 08:18:25 AM »
A while back Keith told me some things, so, as is my habit, I checked with other sources to confirm. Keith heard from someone I was doing this checking so he called me to chat and ask what I was doing. Everything was okay after he understood my motive and, of course,  he was an interesting man with a connected past to the iron game.

Like many of you, I assumed he would be a part of this forum for a very long time, and he would continue to share interesting stories.

Condolences to his family and friends, particularly to Stunt because of their long friendship. Keith will be missed.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #366 on: January 14, 2011, 08:34:06 AM »
Fucking bummer.

Keith and I had many mutual friends, but Keith and I had strangely never met in person. We spoke on the phone a few times in 2008 and Keith expressed an interest in being a contestant on NBC's "The Biggest Loser" (at the time I was working with that production). He would have made an excellent contestant in my opinion.

His stories here on Getbig are of course classic. He took as well as he gave, when it came to the trash talking here, and that always made for good entertainment. He will be sorely missed.

PIP.

a

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #367 on: January 14, 2011, 08:44:18 AM »
R.I.P.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #368 on: January 14, 2011, 08:59:02 AM »
Thanks again to you all.

It’s impossible for me to respond to all your PM’s right now, but I’ll do my best as time allows.

And also thanks for the GB floral/donation  suggestion. I’ll talk with Jaime about that ande get back.

A mutual friend sent me the following which brightened up my day a bit and I thought I’d pass it on to you GetBiggers in case you have to use it on similar occasions of your own.

It picked nre up for a few brief moments ….. but reality returned at the conclusion. That’s life …. And the end of it, I guess.

Here’s to FRIENDSHIP

1.When you are sad ~ I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad. (Keith only drank alcohol on two occasions that I’m aware of. Ditto for coffee, beer, cigs. We’d plot over ice water.)

2. When you are blue ~ I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile ~ I will know you are thinking of something that I would
probably want to be involved in. 

4. When you are scared ~ I will rag on you about it every chance I get until
you're NOT.

5. When you are worried ~ I will tell you horrible stories about how much
worse it could be until you quit whining. (He never whined but he did worry about losing his leg – but not too often.)

6. When you are confused ~ I will try to use only little words.

7. When you are sick ~ Stay the hell away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have. (Spider bites are not contagious.)

8. When you fall ~ I will laugh at your clumsy ass, but I'll help you up. (Me and 4 others most likely,)

This is my oath .... I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask ~ because
you are my friend.

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

Send this to 10 of your friends including the friend who sent it to you.

Then get depressed because you can only think of 4.

KEITH - RIP

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2011, 09:14:34 AM »
RIP Keith!! :'(

bodyofsteel

• Getbig III
  • Outed!
« Reply #370 on: January 14, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »
Footage of the giant spider that attacked Onlyme! :o

eequalsmcsquared

• Getbig I
  • Respect it or die!
Re: The very best contributions from Keith Jones aka onlyme and noworries.
« Reply #371 on: January 14, 2011, 09:27:07 AM »
I didn't want to bag Goodrum but the dude is such a dickhead that he deserves it out of respect for Keith. Let us all have a laugh with and for Keith.

Melvin is just crying because he knew this thread would inevitably turn into people posting all of Keith's photoshops of him. 
I'm the man now dawg

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: January 14, 2011, 09:52:59 AM »
RIP Keith!! :'(

That is great.  Thanks for posting that!
R

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #373 on: January 14, 2011, 09:58:04 AM »
Got an email from Stunt. Now I know his and Max_Rep's names. Stunt said Keith attracted a lot of interesting people. Most were successful but some were not. I wonder what it was about Keith that so many admired? I think Keith was highly intelligent and used that ability to network and get along with people. He sure didn't hesitate to put people in their place if that is what he thought they deserved.

I sure hope that Han-D-Gas device goes to a deserving person because it would be cherished by myself. Keith was a funny guy and always entertaining people. That is probably one of the reasons he attracted people to him. As Stunt says, Keith was a people magnet but not just ordinary people but usually exceptional people.

Keith was so sincere that he couldn't comprehend why others weren't like that. So he would get caught up in flame wars here on Getbig and perhaps he took comments too seriously. I told him a couple of times not to reply to everyone but he felt obliged to tell his story and make sure others got his point.

I am sure he would want us to enjoy the things he did and not fuss over him or be sentimental. I await more info from his good mate Stunt who kept an eye on Keith in the last couple of years. Boy, must he have a lot of stories about the people he met through knowing Keith.

Nice post Vince. Pretty spot on.
and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #374 on: January 14, 2011, 10:06:30 AM »
I didn't find what gh15 posted in this thread offensive in the slightest. He was one of several people here who warned Keith of what might happen. I doubt anyone here was more aware of that than Keith. That is why I never mentioned his size and weight either on line or in chats. When people die I don't believe they go anywhere so I don't subscribe to the notion of people resting in peace. If people have something to say about Keith then this is the thread to do it in. He has gone so can't be offended any more whatsoever.

I can tell that picture is in Ray's Gym... Muscle Mill.
and keep moving!