Author Topic: Brad Delp is dead. Fuck. From the band Boston.  (Read 1849 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Brad Delp is dead. Fuck. From the band Boston.
« on: March 09, 2007, 06:31:48 PM »
Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55. Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.

The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Delp sang vocals on Boston's 1976 hits "More than a Feeling" and "Longtime." He also sang on Boston's most recent album, "Corporate America," released in 2002.

He joined the band in the early 1970s after meeting Tom Scholz, an MIT student interested in experimental methods of recording music, according to the group's official Web site. The band enjoyed its greatest success and influence during its first decade.

The band's last appearance was in November 2006 at Boston's Symphony Hall.

On Friday night, the Web site was taken down and replaced with the statement: "We just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."

A call to the Swampscott, Mass., home of Boston guitarist Barry Goudreau was not immediately returned Friday night.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070310/ap_en_mu/obit_delp

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Brad Delp is dead. Fuck.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 12:28:40 AM »
This sucks.

Boston was one of my favorite bands. Some of their albums, especially album one and three, were some of the best recorded music. Still listen to them now. Have been to two Boston contests, the last one (I think 2-3 years ago), and the one for the third album a while back.

But it is the music from the first album that really was an inspiration for me in high school, and when we went backpacking up in the Sierras.  Almost every song on that album is great, which you really cant say anymore for albums.

Funny thing, their song 'More than a Feeling' was just on a tv program towards the end, I think Scrubs, and is stll relevant.

As for their guitar playing, some of the most original stuff came from there.

RIP.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 12:31:10 AM »
This sucks.

Boston was one of my favorite bands. Some of their albums, especially album one and three, were some of the best recorded music. Still listen to them now. Have been to two Boston contests, the last one (I think 2-3 years ago), and the one for the third album a while back.

But it is the music from the first album that really was an inspiration for me in high school, and when we went backpacking up in the Sierras.  Almost every song on that album is great, which you really cant say anymore for albums.

Funny thing, their song 'More than a Feeling' was just on a tv program towards the end, I think Grey's Anatomy, and is stll relevant.

As for their guitar playing, some of the most original stuff came from there.

RIP.

Ron...you been around bodybuilding too much. You said contest not concert. :)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Brad Delp is dead. Fuck. From the band Boston.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 04:43:05 AM »
Isn't Fran Cosmo singing lead for them now?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 05:48:14 AM »
   Ron...you been around bodybuilding too much. You said contest not concert. :)

haha  ;)
Z

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: Brad Delp is dead. Fuck. From the band Boston.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 06:03:14 AM »
I heard this the other day, wow what a shock. Brad had increadable pipes, dude could sing his ass off.

RIP Brad Delp
X