Author Topic: ANY OF YOU LADIES EVER BEEN TO.........  (Read 3978 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
ANY OF YOU LADIES EVER BEEN TO.........
« on: January 12, 2008, 08:23:26 AM »
Ruth's Chris steak house? me, the girlfriend and her son are thinking about going there in a couple of weeks, seems like women eat out a little more than men so that's why i posted this here, what are your reviews?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: ANY OF YOU LADIES EVER BEEN TO.........
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 10:16:03 AM »
Ruth's Chris steak house? me, the girlfriend and her son are thinking about going there in a couple of weeks, seems like women eat out a little more than men so that's why i posted this here, what are your reviews?
My review is two thumbs up!  I usually eat seafood out but if we are at a Ruth's Chris I'll get a steak because they have Prime Beef.  I get a filet and sometimes grated or horseradish cream sauce on the side (the beef needs no sauce though).  Also I suggest you order a side of creamed spinach and either a ceasar salad w/anchovies or the beefsteak tomato salad w/crumbled blue cheese.  My hub likes the shoestring potatoes but I'm not a fan of those.  Be sure to take your camera  ;D
R

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 10:28:12 AM »
My review is two thumbs up!  I usually eat seafood out but if we are at a Ruth's Chris I'll get a steak because they have Prime Beef.  I get a filet and sometimes grated or horseradish cream sauce on the side (the beef needs no sauce though).  Also I suggest you order a side of creamed spinach and either a ceasar salad w/anchovies or the beefsteak tomato salad w/crumbled blue cheese.  My hub likes the shoestring potatoes but I'm not a fan of those.  Be sure to take your camera  ;D
i was gonna go with the cowboy cut ribeye or the filet, the au gratin potatoes and the asparagus but the cheese covered tomatoes look really good as well.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:41:33 PM »
i was gonna go with the cowboy cut ribeye or the filet, the au gratin potatoes and the asparagus but the cheese covered tomatoes look really good as well.
Filet is the way to go imo.  The rest sounds good too!
R

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 03:19:11 PM »
It's really good SF. Personally I like Outback better though, half the price and tastes better imo.
E

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 07:51:43 PM »
Squad,,the steaks are incredible,,it's al la carte and pretty expensive but the steaks cut like butter.Enjoy

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 07:56:41 PM »
Squad,,the steaks are incredible,,it's al la carte and pretty expensive but the steaks cut like butter.Enjoy

You ever get their portawhatever mushrooms? They are so good on their steaks. I don't remember what I used to order there, it wasn't Prime Rib, maybe a New York strip. But the mushrooms were awesome.
E

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »
You ever been to Morton's Danielson?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 09:15:30 PM »
Ruth's Chris is good... Morton's is a little bit better, but you won't go wrong if you go there...

It will be one of the best steaks you ever had.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »
You ever been to Morton's Danielson?
I don't think we have one of those around me.
E

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2008, 08:17:19 PM »

its so sexy when you talk large portions  Stella!
X

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2008, 08:48:45 PM »
It's really good SF. Personally I like Outback better though, half the price and tastes better imo.

First Ruth Chris i went to was the one in Beverly Hills and it was very very nice. They built one in Pasadena some years back and besides having a friend that works there, it really is good, too.

I will agree with Danielson though as Outback is delicious with quality meats and service. Thing is it is totally out of the Ruth Chris league.

Hubby and i went to the Derby last night and besides partying like we were rockstars, we paid well over $100 for food alone (we split this dinner for 2 that had veggies, cheese covered tomatoes, HUGE steak, cheese bread, soup and salad). Besides the fact we were really drunk eating, it was excellent.

I went to Morton's back in the 80's when it was one of the only fine steak houses.

Also recently took our daughter to The Palm in LA (next to Staples Center) before the Hannah Montana concert...the food and service was great except i got heartburn in the middle of it and couldn't finish the $15 glass of red wine or the meal for that matter.

I LOVE STEAK!!!

Lisa

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »
it is my second favorite steakhouse in houston ;)

bench

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 04:46:27 AM »
Great call if you are a hardcore steak lover, Squad. Just be be prepared to drop a minimum of 2 bills. The steak alone is like 60 bucks and that doesn't include the sides. Add a glass of wine or other alcholic beverage and the bill is up there. But rest assured it is the best cut of meat you'll ever eat in your life. I know we have two here where I live....One in Toronto and one in Mississauga by the Square 1 shopping mall. Go for it.  :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 12:54:17 PM »
Great call if you are a hardcore steak lover, Squad. Just be be prepared to drop a minimum of 2 bills. The steak alone is like 60 bucks and that doesn't include the sides. Add a glass of wine or other alcholic beverage and the bill is up there. But rest assured it is the best cut of meat you'll ever eat in your life. I know we have two here where I live....One in Toronto and one in Mississauga by the Square 1 shopping mall. Go for it.  :)
the steak is only 35 bucks at the one here in St. Louis, no way i'm spending 200 bucks.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 01:26:42 PM »
the steak is only 35 bucks at the one here in St. Louis, no way i'm spending 200 bucks.
Agreed. It depends on the type of steak you buy and the size as well. It tasted great. I say go for it.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 01:31:23 PM »
Agreed. It depends on the type of steak you buy and the size as well. It tasted great. I say go for it.
yeah i'm probably not gonna get the filet but i'll probably get either the NY strip or the ribeye, the filet is probably 45-50 bucks and the damn thing is only like 12 ounces or so.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 02:22:34 PM »
it is my second favorite steakhouse in houston ;)

bench

Same here, i go to Ruth's for my birthday every year.

What's your favorite? Brenners? Mortons?

Try Grand Lux Cafe near the galleria..."Salmon three ways" is the best salmon i've had.

8)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 03:35:26 PM »
Same here, i go to Ruth's for my birthday every year.

What's your favorite? Brenners? Mortons?

Try Grand Lux Cafe near the galleria..."Salmon three ways" is the best salmon i've had.

8)
Vic and Anthony's,the steak taste about the same but it has a better atmosphere.

bench

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 05:23:19 PM »
Fav. steakhouses:

Smith & Wollensky
The Palm
Shula's
Ruth's Chris
Charlie Palmers

:)
R

newmom

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 03:38:11 AM »
smith and wollensky's kicks ass

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 06:29:25 AM »
Look out for the "cracklin' pork shank" ;D
R

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 06:36:38 AM »
yeah i'm probably not gonna get the filet but i'll probably get either the NY strip or the ribeye, the filet is probably 45-50 bucks and the damn thing is only like 12 ounces or so.
Sounds good....now i'm getting hungry. Keep the prime rib in mind too. A nice 16oz with a side is perfect.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 10:31:56 AM »
Squad, Should we call Ruth Criss and tell them to expect one of their staff or customers will be "owned"?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 06:41:03 PM »

I'm surprised no one mentioned Peter Luger.