Author Topic: Never touch what is not yours: Lessons in workplace kitchen etiquette.  (Read 4287 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Never touch what is not yours: Lessons in workplace kitchen etiquette.
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2008, 04:44:12 PM »
what the hell is this thread about?!??!?!?!?!?!?

I second that... :-\

w8m8

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2008, 04:59:56 PM »
what the hell is this thread about?!??!?!?!?!?!?
I second that... :-\

HM works w/ an alcoholic
cows have utters and really cool office supplies
OS is thinkin of a vacation somewhere cold north pole or south pole prolly
HM also works with a woman that carries a 5 O'clock shadow that scratches his upper lip

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
HM works w/ an alcoholic
HM also works with a woman that carries a 5 O'clock shadow that scratches his upper lip

;D ;D

Bravo!!
Just Bad Bad Blood!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2008, 10:10:30 PM »
Well since it is America this is the way it would go down...

(A) Would sue the company and the owner of the juice for bringing in a hazardous item into the "safe environment" of work.  He will walk away with a free hangover

(B) Would sue the Company for having his personal business being dragged out into the light and the company driving him to drink and not helping him with counseling, especially since it was the stressful environment that created his dependence.

The Company would fire (B) and offering counseling after the fact to try and help their case in the lawsuit with (A).

Everybody else in the company will suffer the situation with having their benefits being stagnant and raises remain at the current levels for years to come and Company functions (if any) will all be policed more closely and they will be Dry functions so nobody can try suing them over some employee who parties too much.  All to help pay for the lawsuits, or so they would be told.

This is why I won't be an "Office Cow". Say Moo while you get led from Desk to Office and maybe you can move up and be a bigger Cow in the pasture.
But be sure to say Moo a lot the "Farmers" want happy cows.

;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2008, 10:18:23 PM »
Funny thing happened in the office last week. I will try to stick to the main details in order to keep it short and sweet LMAO!

In the community refrigerator sat a bottle of Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice (Half full), an inquisitive employee says to himself (knowing this obviously refreshing drink did not belong to him)

“Hmm, what a tasty looking beverage there sitting all by it’s lonesome.”

No one will know if I have a cup or two, so he decides to pour himself a cup of this tasty beverage; Of course he couldn’t have just one cup.

He convinced himself that he could probably consume the entire contents of this tasty beverage, run out to the local grocery store, buy the same brand and replace the half full container with a totally new one before the true owner would know the difference, LMAO! Instead he found himself feeling a bit light headed, uninhibited in his conversations and many of his co-workers notice a distinctive and unusual speech impediment. FYI, he never made it to the store to replace the beverage.

It was later found that the tasty beverage had been mixed with GIN and the owner apparently sipped on this throughout the work day.

Who should suffer the consequences?

A) Mr. Inquisitive (aka, Thirsty)
B) The unobtrusive alcoholic (aka, The all day drunkard)

ROTFL

HM, I know you meant well, ...but the moral I'm getting out of this is:

Always go for the sealed containers of name brands   ;D

I never ran into that problem much. Kraft services would often stock the lunchrooms at the production offices.
Most often the only time we ever needed to be there was for costume fittings and table reads, and the table reads were often catered, ...and wardrobe fittings... we'd be in & out of there so fast, ...we hardly ever get caught.  ;D
w

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 09:52:06 AM »
HM works w/ an alcoholic

Ahhh you pay attention good on ya, nuff said then lol
W