Author Topic: :(  (Read 3611 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
:(
« on: March 20, 2008, 04:56:14 AM »
Getting that lung biopsy done tomorrow. 

Totally scared.    :-[

Does anyone know anyone who has had it done before.  They are going to go down my throat into my lungs and take some tissue. 

I don't wanna gooooooooooo  :'(
:D Weee

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: :(
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 04:59:56 AM »
Thoughts and prayers to you Laura, you'll be fine buddy!!
X

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 05:06:53 AM »
Awwwww Laura, I'm sorry you have to deal with this!!   :-[
I don't know anything about it, but it must be a pretty regular procedure.  U will be fine.  I'll be sending you good vibes all day long.  :)

Stay strong Dweetir!!!   :-*

:)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 05:13:41 AM »
Tank yew!  :-*

I'm a pansy when it comes to hospitals, lol.  I'll admit it.

How come when you don't want time to fly...it drags, and when you want it to drag...it flies?   >:(

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 05:24:23 AM »
Tank yew!  :-*

I'm a pansy when it comes to hospitals, lol.  I'll admit it.

How come when you don't want time to fly...it drags, and when you want it to drag...it flies?   >:(

I have a bit of white coat syndrome myself!! ;D truth is when I have to go to the doctors I sometimes cluck a little bit
X

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 05:24:52 AM »
Getting that lung biopsy done tomorrow. 

Totally scared.    :-[

Does anyone know anyone who has had it done before.  They are going to go down my throat into my lungs and take some tissue. 

I don't wanna gooooooooooo  :'(

Ya Laura, my best friend had one done last feb. It seems scarier than it actually is (as are most procedures).
He claimed his most difficult part was the sore throat he had for a few days afterwards because of the breathing tube, but he was fine. He's the kind of guy that won't tell you any bad news because he doesn't want you to worry. I was an absolute basketcase when he went in for his operation. That was a year ago and he is now out of the woods, so being frank about everything he went through won't be an issue this far out. If you want I can find out as many details as possible for you.
w

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 05:42:13 AM »
Thoughts and prayers to you Laura, you'll be fine buddy!!
My thoughts exactly. You'll pull through just fine Laura.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 05:43:36 AM »
Laura,

Sometimes "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself"  :P

I once had to have a biopsy done with a great big needle, and I was terrified  petrified for days leading up to it. I was such a bundle of nerves the poor doctor wasn't sure how he would get through it. Infact, during the procedure, he had to have 2 nurse assistants attending; one to hold the tray of his instruments, ...and the other to distract me during the procedure.

I was so scared (read: 5 yr. old schoolgirl scared) and on the verge of screaming. The one nurse distracted me for a moment just before the doctor was about to stick the needle in ( and trust me when I tell you it was a great big ole needle with the hugest syringe I had ever seen in my life; actually larger than a turkey baster). Anyway, she said to me it's better if you don't look. I asked her "Are you sure? ...ok, I won't look then", and I gritted my teeth, held the nurses hand, and did everything in my power to look away, and brace myself for when the doctor stuck the needle in. I counted to 3 to steel my nerves sufficiently before giving the doctor the go-ahead.

Well the doctor surprised me. As I got to 3, I was about to tell him to go ahead, ...and he announced "OK, all done". I did such a double take, I almost gave myself whiiplash. I asked "You're done?!?!"  :o  and he said "uh-huh"  ...I just burst out laughing right there on the table. I had worried, fretted and dreaded for days over something so minor, I hadn't even felt it when it occurred. I couldn't stop laughing. His reaction wasn't quite the same. He just slumped down in the chair completely exhausted. Calming me down so he could go ahead with the 2 second procedure took an awful lot out of him.

Don't worry, ...you'll be fine. ...'sides, worrying gives you wrinkles, and you don't want any of those, ...especially not with Mikey around who will undoubtedly be taking pics every 60 to 90 seconds.  
w

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 06:12:49 AM »

I have heard it sounds worse than it is, so I hope that helps you feel less skeered!

I will be thinking of you!!    You are a tough bitch!!

Just keep repeating that -  I am one tough bitch!! 

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 06:16:42 AM »
.  They are going to go down my throat into my lungs and take some tissue. 

I wondered how they were going in.  I'll be praying dweetir!  Please text me immediately upon waking ............. ;D  Thankd dweetir  :)

:-*
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 06:30:53 AM »
Thank you everyone.  I'm just a big baby when it comes to needles.  I've even passed out (when I was younger) when the doctor gave my sister one, lol.  I'm sure the toughest part for me will be when they put in my IV.  I hate those with a passion.  Hopefully they give me some liguid valum in my IV to make me h-a-p-p-y.  Oh yeahhhhhhhh   

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 06:33:41 AM »
Thank you everyone.  I'm just a big baby when it comes to needles.  I've even passed out (when I was younger) when the doctor gave my sister one, lol.  I'm sure the toughest part for me will be when they put in my IV.  I hate those with a passion.  Hopefully they give me some liguid valum in my IV to make me h-a-p-p-y.  Oh yeahhhhhhhh   
Look away and breathe out when they stick the IV in.  And yes, they should give you some "stuff" to relax you.  Enjoy that!
R

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 06:41:53 AM »

Yes, they should give you a sedative.   ;)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 07:29:59 AM »
I'll send you all "dweetir" messages while I'm in my happy place.  :D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 07:34:26 AM »
I'll send you all "dweetir" messages while I'm in my happy place.  :D

I am hoping for one!!   ;)

:)

w8m8

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 07:49:36 AM »

I have heard it sounds worse than it is, so I hope that helps you feel less skeered!

I will be thinking of you!!    You are a tough bitch!!

Just keep repeating that -  I am one tough bitch!! 

Between all of our prayers , best wishes and positive energy , coupled with the chant ~flower~ gave you & the drugs they'll give you ...I know you'll be all good ...

Keep the faith  ;)

sending kisses and lots of love

:-* :-*

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 07:57:38 AM »
Get well Laura. You will be fine. It is a very quick procedure. I have said a prayer that will keep you safe also. You're an incredible person, mentally and physically. Good luck beautiful.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 08:24:55 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I've put that nervousness aside right now because I am very excited about tonight!!!

I am going to the dealership to check out my "possible" next car! 

It's a Jaguar!!!!!!!!    Wish me luck there too!  lol

w8m8

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 03:40:57 PM »
 :D holy cow ...YES  Good Luck !!!!

cool car  8)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 04:18:31 PM »
Thank you everyone.  I'm just a big baby when it comes to needles. 

I hate needles too!!! :-[ Always have since one of my first vaccine shots. I didn't care whether or not I got a frickin' lollipop afterwards or not!!!
I still hate needles to this day, and all the nurses laugh when someone like me comes in all scared.... :(

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 12:05:41 PM »
I think you've already had this done by the time I got back.   :-\

I am sorry I missed giving you all little encouragement
I hope all went well and I hope you know my love and wishes went with you.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »
Hello all my dweetirs!!!  :D  I am home.  All went well.  I was completely knocked out which was fine by me.  Only sucky thing was the needles and this stuff I had to breath through my mouth to numb my throat.  That shit was aweful.   :-[  I was in recovery for 2 hours, the procedure only took about 45 minutes.

w8m8

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 01:16:59 PM »
Yay ,,,  :D .. see you are tough , and good it wasn't so bad some ice cream will help I bet  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »
Yay ,,,  :D .. see you are tough , and good it wasn't so bad some ice cream will help I bet  ;D

OMG, I just got a disturbing visual of Mikey's ...ummm, parts on ice.  :-X
w