Author Topic: Most Shocking Moments in History  (Read 9879 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Most Shocking Moments in History
« on: January 20, 2009, 01:59:43 PM »
Feel free to post, in your opinion the most shocking/controversial momets if history

Foley Hell in a Cell

Snake bites Macho Man

Horsemen break Dusty's arm(traumatized me as a lad)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Most Shocking Moments in History
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 02:02:20 PM »
snuka diving onto muraco splash from top of steel cage.macho man and warrior steel cage match late 80's .rowdy piper feud with snuka,

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:05:15 PM »
Montreal Screwjob

Hall invades Nitro

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 02:10:36 PM »
snuka diving onto muraco splash from top of steel cage.macho man and warrior steel cage match late 80's .rowdy piper feud with snuka,
good choice about the 2 min mark

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
Hogan joining the NWO. HBK throwing Marty Janety through the window of the barber shop. The Undertaker beating Hulkster the first time at Survivor Series.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »
All those are very good.  I would have to say the Bret Hart screw job .

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »
Hogan Heel Turn (monster 14 inch arms)

Austin Stuns McMahon (love him selling it)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »
Hogan Heel Turn (monster 14 inch arms)

defiantly shocking

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 03:53:58 PM »
Vince buys WCW

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 04:09:35 PM »

Oh ya that too !

Most definitely!!! Seeing Shane on Monday Night Nitro was a very special moment for any fan that stuck with the Federation and didn't jump ship to WCW. That was totally awesome! I was screaming at the TV that night!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 04:23:57 PM »
All those are very good.  I would have to say the Bret Hart screw job .
What do you think of that? I've always believed that Bret was in the wrong. If a promoter tells you to drop the belt, you do it. I don't think he would have taken the belt to Nitro, but IMO he is the biggest mark for himself i've ever seen.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 04:34:36 PM »
What do you think of that? I've always believed that Bret was in the wrong. If a promoter tells you to drop the belt, you do it. I don't think he would have taken the belt to Nitro, but IMO he is the biggest mark for himself i've ever seen.

I agree.   If your are told to drop the belt you do it.  When leaning wrestling or a wrestling territory or promotion you always lose your last match period.  Thats the way it goes thats tradition and respect .  Look at Flair for example.  Bret Hart was wrong.   I don't think he would have went on Nitro with the belt like Alundra Blaze ( I doubt I spelled that Right)  But even so he should have done what was asked of him.  The wrestler who is the most full of himself IMO is Shawn Micheals or Dusty Rhodes.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 04:36:30 PM »
Kane debuts

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 08:02:26 PM »
you guys like more recent stuff ,i have older school memories,remember backlund against masked superstar ,backlund sustains 2 swinging neck breakers,gets out of match without losing belt,then iron shiek defeats still injured backlund 1 month later with camel clutch and skaaland throws in towel,1 month later hulkamania erupts to packed msg house ,great move of course for mainstream,but backlund ended that seventies and early eighties era of wrestling as still entertaining but still technical without absurd story lines to follow.backlund had great matches over that 5 yr span against,graham ,valentine,lariat hansen,muraco,snuka cage match was classic,

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »
you guys like more recent stuff ,i have older school memories,remember backlund against masked superstar ,backlund sustains 2 swinging neck breakers,gets out of match without losing belt,then iron shiek defeats still injured backlund 1 month later with camel clutch and skaaland throws in towel,1 month later hulkamania erupts to packed msg house ,great move of course for mainstream,but backlund ended that seventies and early eighties era of wrestling as still entertaining but still technical without absurd story lines to follow.backlund had great matches over that 5 yr span against,graham ,valentine,lariat hansen,muraco,snuka cage match was classic,
I like the old stuff too, it's just that a lotof the more recent stuff is viewed as more shocking IMO.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 08:10:46 PM »
I like the old stuff too, it's just that a lotof the more recent stuff is viewed as more shocking IMO.
the 90's brought the stories outside like wrestlers getting run off road,limos crushed,belts tossed in rivers.i understand fans like the shock.its still fun to reminisce as kid seeing iron shiek curled boot off tapping it to hit slaughter with it during boot camp match,suspended your imagination for a moment thinking ,they really hate each other.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 08:12:30 PM »
the 90's brought the stories outside like wrestlers getting run off road,limos crushed,belts tossed in rivers.i understand fans like the shock.its still fun to reminisce as kid seeing iron shiek curled boot off tapping it to hit slaughter with it during boot camp match,suspended your imagination for a moment thinking ,they really hate each other.
I agree this is Sammartino losing his title to Koloff.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 08:25:27 PM »
I agree this is Sammartino losing his title to Koloff.

[/quote,cool thats real old.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 08:32:52 PM »
I agree.   If your are told to drop the belt you do it.  When leaning wrestling or a wrestling territory or promotion you always lose your last match period.  Thats the way it goes thats tradition and respect .  Look at Flair for example.  Bret Hart was wrong.   I don't think he would have went on Nitro with the belt like Alundra Blaze ( I doubt I spelled that Right)  But even so he should have done what was asked of him.  The wrestler who is the most full of himself IMO is Shawn Micheals or Dusty Rhodes.
Michaels is the it! He's P4P one of the greatest wrestlers ever. Since the beginning you could tell he was a jerk off. His whole boy toy gimmick. The sing it yourself entrance music. The guy has done it all. I think part of it is him being full of himself. People either love him or hate him. But there's no wrestling fan that will change the channel when he comes on. I'd bet anything if there's anyone thats gonna beat the Undertaker at Wrestlemania? It's gonna be Shawn. They have one more spectaculer fued left that will happen. Hell in the cell II.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »
The beginning of the NWO and the Hogan joining them was great.when it was just them it might have been my favorite storyline ever.

...then it jumped the shark by adding to many guys :-\

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 06:56:04 PM »
The beginning of the NWO and the Hogan joining them was great.when it was just them it might have been my favorite storyline ever.

yeah,wolf pac,black and white,it was nwo and few guys like sting left over.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 08:13:16 PM »
Owen Hart, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 09:04:46 PM »
CHRIS BENOIT

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 09:40:34 PM »

Greatest story line ever was Andre being undefeated for ten years/Hogan for three years. Andre challenging Hogan for the belt at Wrestlemania three. When Piper asked Hulkster if he accepts Andres challenge? "Hell Yeah!" Nothing will ever compare to that. Then after that when DiBiase got involved. It was totally awesome. Hulkster was huge and body slamming every big man in the game. Everyone was against him.