Author Topic: LeBron's Image  (Read 176771 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: LeBron's Image
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 05:59:18 AM »
My man Mchale knew how to take care of goggle wearing geeks.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 06:29:43 AM »
My man Mchale knew how to take care of goggle wearing geeks.

Hell yeah !!!!  i was cheering my head off when he did that...... Celtics of the 80's = my favorite pro team in any sport at any time.  I lived and died with them.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »
Ah the good old days.   :)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 04:23:28 PM »
Hell yeah !!!!  i was cheering my head off when he did that...... Celtics of the 80's = my favorite pro team in any sport at any time.  I lived and died with them.
The Chief has never cracked a smile. 8)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 04:30:04 PM »
The Chief has never cracked a smile. 8)

Never saw one.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 01:02:46 AM »
Waaa!  He's averaging 8.4 free throw attempts per game.  Sissy. 

Dear, officials: LeBron would like some calls

08:08 AM ET 04.01 | LeBron James has taken his share of lumps this season, including on hard fouls he thinks are a little too hard. "Sometimes it's unfair because of how strong I am," James said. "I can take punishment of course, but at the same time, I just feel like it's unfair sometimes." James spoke on the topic after being fouled by Wizards forward Maurice Evans. On a breakaway, Evans grabbed James around the neck to stop the play. The foul wasn't vicious, but James felt it should have merited a flagrant. After it was ruled a normal foul, he argued with officials and was called for a technical. "I don't know if Mo Evans' intention was to be dirty," James said. "I watch a lot of basketball. I see a lot of basketball every day. Every time someone gets grabbed around the neck, it's an automatic flagrant foul. If I'm wrong, tell me I'm wrong. But it seems like every time I get hit hard or a hard foul, and all I get is two shots and they take the ball out."

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/275631-dear-officials-lebron-would-like-some-calls?eref=sihp

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 03:03:38 PM »
Amazing how a person goes from being a broke crackhead to attacking a vallet took too long to bring her car. 

LeBron James' mom arrested at hotel
ESPN.com news services

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Gloria James, the mother of Miami Heat basketball star LeBron James, was arrested by Miami Beach police after she reportedly assaulted a valet worker because it was taking too long to have her car delivered.

After practice on Thursday, when asked about the incident, LeBron James said he was being helped with the situation and called it a personal matter.

Police said Gloria James had a strong odor of alcohol on her breath and her eyes were bloodshot when officers arrived at the Fontainebleau Hotel at about 4:47 a.m. ET Thursday.

Police said several witnesses supported valet worker Sorel Rockfeller's account of the alleged assault.

Gloria James was taken to the Miami Beach police department, where she was issued a promise to appear on charges of simple battery and disorderly conduct. A police report says she was released to Heat executive Steve Stowe.

"It's very sensitive because it's your mother, of course," LeBron James said Thursday after practice. "People around me are helping me, helping her."

James said he was at home at the time of his mother's arrest after dealing with Miami's 90-85 loss at home to the Milwaukee Bucks.

"You have to move forward," James said. "It is my life. Just try to not let things be a distraction. I have a job to do. It's a personal matter that's being taken care of. She's fine."

Gloria James was arrested on drunken driving charges in 2006 in Akron, Ohio. She was given a suspended sentence, fined and ordered to complete a drug and alcohol class after pleading no contest to reckless operation, speeding, disorderly conduct and physical control of a motor vehicle under the influence.

LeBron James took about six questions from reporters about his mother before he asked that the focus shift to basketball-related matters, as the Heat prepare for Friday's home game against the Charlotte Bobcats.

The key issue on the court for the Heat remains Dwyane Wade's uncertain status.

Wade missed Wednesday's game with a deep right thigh bruise, but said he is making progress with therapy. Wade was on the court for parts of Thursday's practice and will be re-evaluated before Friday's game.

Dealing with injuries and off-court issues is nothing new for the Heat, who have had to minimize distractions throughout the season.

"A lot of these other things are ancillary distractions if we let them be," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "If we don't [get distracted], then we can focus on what's real."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6303536

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 10:06:36 PM »
Dirk Nowitzki Calls LeBron James and Dwyane Wade's Mocking of Flu 'Childish'
by Elliott Davis on Sat, Jun 11, 2011

Dirk Dirk Nowitzki was not amused by LeBron James and Dwyane Wade's antics regarding his Game 4 flu.
Before shootaround Thursday morning prior to Game 5 of the NBA Finals in Dallas, James and Wade appeared to be mocking Nowitzki about his sickness by coughing and joking with each other on camera. Nowitzki played Game 4 with a 101 degree fever and was still not 100 percent for Game 5, and he told ESPN.com that he was not a fan of the jokes.

"I just thought it was a little childish, a little ignorant," Nowitzki said Saturday. "I've been in this league for 13 years. I've never faked an injury or illness."

Wade, who, like James, never mentioned Nowitzki's name while they were apparently mocking him, said that it was not supposed to be a joke and it is being overblown.

"I actually did cough," Wade said. "And with the cameras being right there, we made a joke out of it because we knew you guys were going to blow it up. You did exactly what we knew."

James said he would not discuss the incident, saying that "there's bigger issues in this series than that."

"I'm not feeding into that," James said. "If you guys want to feed into everything that not only myself or D-Wade or the Miami Heat do, I think that's a non-issue."

Game 5 is Sunday night in Miami at 8:00 p.m.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/06/dirk-nowitzki-calls-lebron-james-and-dwyane-wades-mocking-of-flu-childish.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 05:38:29 PM »
Updated: June 14, 2011
LeBron James clarifies comments
By Brian Windhorst
ESPN.com

MIAMI -- After two days to reflect, LeBron James clarified his comments following the Miami Heat's loss to the Dallas Mavericks in the NBA Finals on Sunday night.

James had received some criticism for making a blanket statement that seemed to belittle fans who cheered against him and the Heat.

ESPN the Magazine's Ric Bucher says watching LeBron in the clutch was a tragedy. The friendship between LeBron and Dwyane Wade might be getting in the way of competition.

"All the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today," James said Sunday.

"They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that. They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point."

Tuesday, James backed down from those statements and said they were misinterpreted.

"Basically I was saying at the end of the day this season is over and -- with all hatred -- everyone else has to move on with their lives, good or bad. I do too," James said.

"It wasn't saying I'm superior or better than anyone else, any man or woman on this planet, I'm not. I would never ever look at myself bigger than anyone who watched our game. It may have come off wrong but that wasn't my intent."

“

James I would never ever look at myself bigger than anyone who watched our game. It may have come off wrong but that wasn't my intent.
    ” -- LeBron James

The Heat are far from over their Finals loss to the Mavericks and were just beginning to put things in perspective as they cleaned out their lockers and went through final meetings on Tuesday. Dwyane Wade said he was in a state of depression. James said he was the definition of the word "low."

Two days after their Game 6 defeat, James said he was especially upset because he felt he let his teammates down with a poor performance. James averaged just 17.8 points and had several poor late-game efforts during the series as the Mavs won the final three games to take the title.

"I put a lot of pressure on myself not to let my teammates down, maybe to a fault at times," James said. "I didn't play up to my own standards. Did that cost us the Finals? I don't know. I'm not satisfied with my performance."

James was also asked if he had any regrets over the events of the last year, especially his decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers.

"You can't live your life going back and saying 'if I could do it again,' life doesn't run its course like that," James said. "There are times when you feel like if you did have another opportunity you would change it but you can't move on in life thinking about the past."

On a day when the Heat hoped to be playing a Game 7, Wade said he thought this season would be easier. The team came within two victories of a title but struggled at times as James, Wade and Chris Bosh had some issues meshing their roles. Wade admitted getting three All-Stars to fit was more challenging than it first appeared when they all signed with the Heat last summer.

"You come into a season and see the talent on your roster and you immediately think the game is going to be easier for you; you expect certain things to happen," Wade said. "You have to work the game, no one can come in and automatically be great at something."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6661305

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »
A very humble and down to earth man, Lebron is.  A hero for the common man.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »
lebron speaks the truth

the truth hurts

E
E

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2011, 08:15:59 PM »
LOL he is a prick, I really didnt care who won since i watch basketball less than baseball which is almost zero but he was definitely trying to say he is better than everyone.

Hope he breaks an ankle

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 08:43:27 PM »
LOL he is a prick, I really didnt care who won since i watch basketball less than baseball which is almost zero but he was definitely trying to say he is better than everyone.

he isn't?

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 09:10:11 PM »
A very humble and down to earth man, Lebron is.  A hero for the common man.

Yep.  All class. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 09:12:11 PM »

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 09:55:24 AM »
Of course not. 

how so?

the guy really is a modern day king

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »
how so?

the guy really is a modern day king

E

How is he not better than everyone else?  Earl it really sounds like you're being a troll.  He's a basketball player.  Is he a better basketball player than most?  Yes.  Is he a better person than most?  No. 

A modern day king?  lol. . . .  He puts a ball in a hoop for money. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
How is he not better than everyone else?  Earl it really sounds like you're being a troll.  He's a basketball player.  Is he a better basketball player than most?  Yes.  Is he a better person than most?  No. 

A modern day king?  lol. . . .  He puts a ball in a hoop for money. 

and he gets paid 100's of millions to do it

what makes him a bad person?  you sound jealous

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »
and he gets paid 100's of millions to do it

what makes him a bad person?  you sound jealous

E

I never said he was a bad person.  I disagreed with your contention that he is a better person than most people. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 05:22:15 PM »
He's fortunate to be born 6'8 and 260 pounds and being physically gifted and athletic. He didn't have to work at that because he hit the genetic jackpot. He's also paid millions of dollars to put a rubber ball through a fucking circle shaped piece of iron. And yes...he's paid millions for doing so.

But he's no messiah. He plays fucking basketball. Is he better than the guy that cured polio? Fuck No. Is he better than me at one on one basketball? Fuck yes. So by virture of that, then yes....he's better than me ::)

I'm not hating on the guy. If i'm in the same exact position as Lebron, I'm not sure how much of an egotistical fuckstick I would turn out to be. I love $$$

But I sure am happy he's 0-2 in the NBA finals. He ain't winning shit in the future. The Western Conference is blowing up right now with all kinds of young talent. Miami and their front running fans aren't winning a fucking thing in the future.

And Earl.....Baltimore will be 1-0 come week one!  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2011, 10:53:38 AM »
Best nickname I've heard so far:  The Frozen One.   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »
He's still The Frozen One.   :)

LeBron continues to crumble in pressure situations
Last Updated: 12:54 AM, January 13, 2012
Posted: 12:40 AM, January 13, 2012

IT’S NO CHOKE: LeBron James’ continued meltdowns late in games could turn into a big problem for the Heat, Peter Vecsey says.

Without being mean or mordant, what are we to make of James’ repeated breakdowns? Befuddled by the Clippers’ zone defense, I guess, he looked like a John Deere in the Hollywood headlights on the welfare line, aborting 8 of 17, but especially in the final moments (2 of 4) of regulation.

Well, aside from being a little bit richer and somewhat more famous, apparently, he’s a lot like you and me in terms of coming unglued in pressure-packed situations.
James seemed so shaky, so self-conscience, so nervous waiting for the referee to hand over the ball, he shook my hands and rattled my brain. His body language was eminently decipherable: face contorted; lips twitched; eyes darted; receding hairline retreated deeper into the darkness of his headband; and nails begged to be bitten.

This just in: Shaquille O’Neal announced he’s un-retiring so he can intentionally foul LeBron.

Meanwhile, LeBron’s jitters are not confined to stage fright 15 feet out, unguarded, naked to the world. The tighter the game, the tighter his arm and jaw become.
In Oakland, James vaporized earlier than usual and remained in thin air.

In Los Angeles, despite James’ conspicuous cracking at crunch time, coach Erik Spoelstra and teammates, specifically Dwyane Wade, were determined to feed him intravenously, and he urgently wanted every shot.

You better believe it. LeBron is possessed to erase the high-rising reputation he folds along the dotted lines. After so many cave-ins he’s probably questioning his success and doubtlessly worried critics might have him pegged.

You better believe James is desperate to exorcize rapidly multiplying demons, because every day there’s fresh evidence — short-armed perimeter springers and voided off-balance head shots — his career might turn out to be an open-and-shut-championship-less case.

We all know LeBron is one of the NBA’s all-time greatest players, but you have to ask yourself what is going on in his head.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/king_melts_in_heat_knR7QmJX89fy4aqZzBv1hP

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2012, 04:22:41 PM »
Poor lebron, he must have other issues he needs to get sorted, if the heat dont win this year they will trade him or bosh..Bosh i think will go anyway, lebron sells more merchandise.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
What is the Frozen One smoking? 

James not ruling out return to Cavs

CLEVELAND (AP) -- LeBron James could picture returning one day to the place where his NBA journey began.

Back in Cleveland.

Imagine that.

After practicing in a gym where he refined his game for seven seasons, James said Thursday he would not rule out a return to the Cavaliers, a team he carried to the brink of a title before he spurned an entire region by leaving as a free agent in 2010 to chase a championship with Miami.

Asked if he could play for the Cavs again, James initially paused before giving his answer.

"I don't know. I think it would be great," he said. "It would be fun to play in front of these fans again. I had a lot fun times in my seven years here. You can't predict the future and hopefully I continue to stay healthy. I'm here as a Miami Heat player, and I'm happy where I am now, but I don't rule that out in no sense.

"And if I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me."

James' comments may have been calculated, coming one day before the Cavs host the Heat for the third time since the superstar's infamous and messy exit from Cleveland. In mentioning a possible reunion, he may be trying to soften the negative response he'll get Friday night from fans who haven't forgotten what he did to them.

However, James appeared sincere when talking about a potential return to the Cavs, his fractured relationship with Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and topics ranging from phenom Jeremy Lin to rookie Kyrie Irving following practice on the fourth floor of Quicken Loans Arena.

Perhaps it was because he was back in familiar surroundings that prompted James' remarks. Or maybe it's part of a larger agenda. Whatever the case, his past with Cleveland, and his decision to bolt from the Cavs, will always be a sensitive subject.

After all, James put Cleveland back on the NBA map by taking the Cavs to one finals and winning two MVP awards during his stay. He left the franchise during a summer in which he held an entire city at bay as it awaited his decision. After he announced he was joining the Heat during a nationally televised special, the Akron native was vilified by the same fans who cheered every one of his dribbles and dunks.

Time has healed some of the wounds - not all.

James said he has made no attempt to patch things up with Gilbert, who harshly criticized James in a scathing letter to Cleveland's fans. Gilbert promised to win a title before James, questioned his character and told The Associated Press he felt James quit on the Cavs during the playoffs.

James said he has no bitterness toward Gilbert. They have not spoken since James met with the Cavaliers on July 3, 2010, when they were one of several teams courting him to sign with them.

"I don't have any hard feelings. He said what he said and I've moved on," said James, who is under contract with the Heat for two more seasons. "But there's been no attempt to patch things up."
James, however, said he can envision being friends again with Gilbert.

"I don't hold grudges," he said. "I hold them a little bit, but I don't hold them that long. He said what he said out of anger and he would probably want to take that back. But I made a mistake, too, and there are some things I would want to take back as well.

"You make mistakes and move on."

But could he play for Gilbert?

"Dan is not the coach," he said. "I can play for any coach. We'll see what happens."

Attempts to reach Gilbert were unsuccessful. Two years ago, Gilbert was fined $100,000 for his comments about James following "The Decision."

It wasn't clear if by "mistake" James meant the way he announced his departure from Cleveland or joining the Heat. He insists he's happy in South Florida and committed to winning a title with the Heat, who are favored to win it all this season after losing to Dallas in the finals last June.

James acknowledged he's changed and enjoying hoops the way he once did.

"I'm back to how I was in Cleveland, having fun with the game, appreciating the game, loving the game and playing at a high level," he said. "I got away from that last year. It was a difficult year for me last year, making the whole transition, on and off the floor, going through everything I went through.

"I just got back to how I got to this point, back to playing the way I know how to play."

James' comments about a return to Cleveland - albeit unlikely - caught former teammate Antawn Jamison off guard.

"It surprises me that he's saying that now," said Jamison, who played 25 games with James in 2010 after coming over in a trade. "Three years down the road it wouldn't surprise me if he entertains the idea. But hey, after the first go-round, I don't think anything would surprise you as far as scenarios taking place."

Cavs guard Daniel Gibson can't envision Cleveland fans ever receiving James warmly again.

He may have moved on. They haven't..

"I don't think he'd be welcome," Gibson said. "Not with the way that went down. It was a pretty tough situation. I'm sure they wouldn't feel comfortable with that at all."

For the moment, and for at least the next two seasons, James is with the Heat. Miami coach Erik Spoelstra has seen a renewal in James, who he believes will one day be warmly recognized by Cavs fans for his time in Cleveland.

"Time heals a lot of things and LeBron had many special years here," Spoelstra said. "There probably will be a time in the future where he will be embraced and acknowledged for the great run that they had here. It's a new chapter for their organization and they've got a bright future ahead."

James knows what's coming on Friday. He's prepared for a rough reception, but not as hostile as the one the seven-time All-Star got on Dec. 2 last season. James expects to hear boos, but maybe not as many obscenities.

"It doesn't sting anymore," James said. "The booing isn't as bad as it was last year so it's not even a big deal."

James' comments about a hypothetical return to Cleveland didn't surprise teammate Dwyane Wade, his running mate in Miami.

Even Wade, who stayed with James at his home Bath, Ohio, could imagine his friend reuniting with the Cavs - some day.

"Anything is possible," Wade said. "Hopefully, I'm retired."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/02/16/lebron.james.cavaliers.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp