Author Topic: "Ladies Night on PBW" - Ms. Fitness O, Ms. Figure O, Ms. Bikini O (Monday)  (Read 28850 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW Announcement - Episode #208

Ladies Night on PBW

Ms. Fitness Olympia, Ms. Figure Olympia and Ms Bikini Olympia share the HOT SEAT!      

This Week on PBW:  For the very first time, The worlds #1 ranked Fitness, Figure and Bikini Champions will visit "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly"...on the same night!  After capturing the Fitness Olympia, Figure Olympia and Bikini Olympia titles, Adela Garcia, Erin Stern and Sonia Gonzalez visit the show to discuss a variety of topics. - This weeks broadcast also includes a report from Sacremento following the final Men's pro event of the year. – LIVE on Monday at 8pm ET

Listen LIVE at www.BodybuildingRadio.com
Replays Provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, The Muscle Asylum Project, Six Star Muscle and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend.
The presenting sponsor of the annual "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" in Tampa, FL
and a proud supporter of the NPC's USA Championships!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: "Ladies Night on PBW" - Ms. Fitness O, Ms. Figure O, Ms. Bikini O (Monday)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:23:17 PM »
sounds boring

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 03:32:01 PM »
Less Bob.  More Adela.  that is all.

churbro

• Getbig II
  • Don't fear death...fear a life unlived
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 07:30:06 PM »
'Ladies night' on a pro bodybuilding radio show, yet no female bodybuilder was invited? 

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 08:27:13 PM »
'Ladies night' on a pro bodybuilding radio show, yet no female bodybuilder was invited? 

I'd like to hear Iris's response to the phase out of FBB.  Would she go Betty Pariso and say that she's been wanting to downsize for awhile anyway?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 11:18:18 PM »

awesome - top ranked competitors on PBW!  Figure, Fitness, and Bikini - thanks Dan!

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 03:46:58 AM »
fucking  bikini "olympia" but not Iris ::) ::) ::)

the disrespect and hypocrisy has no bounds

shameful tools of the industry

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 09:54:26 AM »
What would karl Kox do in such a situation?
Team MEL

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 04:05:07 PM »

definitely a physique forged in the flames of painful physical exertion, dedication, and sacrifice   ::) ::) ::)

worthy of the title "olympia"  ::) ::) ::)

but why not continue to soil the integrity of the name........pretty soon someone like this will be  an "Olympia" winner as well

some fat bikini girl, but not iris kyle...........cause she doesnt sell the sexuality that the vultures who run the industry want.........it that what sports are supposed to be about, being sexually attractive ::) ::)

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:27:32 AM »

ooh la la

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 11:46:56 AM »
ooh la la

Jay Cutler says BBing isn't a sport... but this might be

lift 456

• Getbig III
  • Italian Stallion
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »
Bay dislikey.
I

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 06:29:28 PM »
I'd like to hear Iris's response to the phase out of FBB.  Would she go Betty Pariso and say that she's been wanting to downsize for awhile anyway?

Well put, and yes Pariso brought this up YEARS ago yet the IFBB was behind as usual and dismissed it.. now they take PARISO's advice.. hopefully she get the due credit.

Very sad that Iris isn't on.. was she even INVITED? I guess she isn't a lady in the IFBB as they are phasing her out.. her opinion is what the fans want to hear.. nobody gives a rats ass what the stripper.. I mean Bikini champ thinks.

Step it up boys.. another great episodes of pro bodybuilding bi-weekly! PBBW!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 07:37:51 PM »
Well put, and yes Pariso brought this up YEARS ago yet the IFBB was behind as usual and dismissed it.. now they take PARISO's advice.. hopefully she get the due credit.

Very sad that Iris isn't on.. was she even INVITED? I guess she isn't a lady in the IFBB as they are phasing her out.. her opinion is what the fans want to hear.. nobody gives a rats ass what the stripper.. I mean Bikini champ thinks.

Step it up boys.. another great episodes of pro bodybuilding bi-weekly! PBBW!

What was dismissed, was a proposal for another FBB division, which would have been about as successful as the current one....check your facts next time...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 10:47:26 PM »
Any of these broads squat on your face Bob? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 04:09:22 AM »
What was dismissed, was a proposal for another FBB division, which would have been about as successful as the current one....check your facts next time...

i didnt follow this story - what would have been diff about this other FBB division?

churbro

• Getbig II
  • Don't fear death...fear a life unlived
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 05:16:51 AM »
So why no female bodybuilder on the show?
Couldn't they find one that would toe the line and agree not to criticize the new changes?

It seems kind of convienient that Betty just happened to be on vacation when the new division was announced, almost like she didn't want anything to do with it so it was clumsily and hastily announced while she was away.  

With Bob catching all the flak because of his oft-stated opposition to FBB, why was there no official announcement produced from the IFBB instead of random and confusing posts on various forums, which have just spread confusion and hostility? Doesn't seem a very professional way of handling major policy changes  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 06:19:45 AM »
I'm a big Sonia fan, i'm not gonna lie to you guys

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 06:46:21 AM »
So why no female bodybuilder on the show?
Couldn't they find one that would toe the line and agree not to criticize the new changes?

It seems kind of convienient that Betty just happened to be on vacation when the new division was announced, almost like she didn't want anything to do with it so it was clumsily and hastily announced while she was away.  

With Bob catching all the flak because of his oft-stated opposition to FBB, why was there no official announcement produced from the IFBB instead of random and confusing posts on various forums, which have just spread confusion and hostility? Doesn't seem a very professional way of handling major policy changes  ???

haha, and did you read her "statement"

about her thoughts on the new division

it was the biggest, dont-step-on-toes, i wanna tow-the-line, and keep my job bullshit ever conceived

she got to have her almost 3 decade competitive bodybuildign career, now coincidentally, a few months after she retired........is the perfect time to throw femala bodybuilders under the bus

and i love how these liars keep acting like womens BB killed itself,,,,,,,,,as they continue to make more and more divisions tht siphon competitors from female bodybuilding

and what the incentive to compete in BB..........these other divisions are easier  and cheaper to prep for.............and they receive way more attention (look at this program, everyone represented but female BBs)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 10:29:31 AM »

:)
R

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 06:40:31 AM »
wow, that was quite possiobly the most boring thing i have EVER listened to

3 airheads with nothing interesting to say about anything........giving sanitized predictable PC answers so as not to piss off their owner.......JM manion and his pa

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 07:17:04 AM »
wow, that was quite possiobly the most boring thing i have EVER listened to

3 airheads with nothing interesting to say about anything........giving sanitized predictable PC answers so as not to piss off their owner.......JM manion and his pa

Get ready for more of this as the IFBB expands their "brand".  Iris would have said what's on her mind, maybe that's why she wasn't invited on the show. 

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 08:11:16 AM »
Get ready for more of this as the IFBB expands their "brand".  Iris would have said what's on her mind, maybe that's why she wasn't invited on the show. 

i agreee, the IFBB/NPC is trying to expand their "brand" so as they are no longer so rigidly associated with bodybuilding

they want to be viewed by the general public as more of a an attainable physique/fitness/beauty pageant sort of thing to draw in more money and fan interest.........and a lot more competitors, who previously wouldnt have been drawn in cause they werent ready to take their body to that extreme

instead of being a little niche subculture, these people i guess want to broaden and legitimize physique competition,,,,,,,,,and how woudl you do that?
...............water it down for  the general public

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 10:03:04 AM »

i agreee, the IFBB/NPC is trying to expand their "brand" so as they are no longer so rigidly associated with bodybuilding

they want to be viewed by the general public as more of a an attainable physique/fitness/beauty pageant sort of thing to draw in more money and fan interest.........and a lot more competitors, who previously wouldnt have been drawn in cause they werent ready to take their body to that extreme

instead of being a little niche subculture, these people i guess want to broaden and legitimize physique competition,,,,,,,,,and how woudl you do that?
...............water it down for  the general public

Actually, youre wrong....No one is trying to appeal to the general public, as there is no way to force people into liking what we do.  We are expanding the brand to appeal to a wider audience of the FITNESS public who may be interested in what we do, as wel as the many ancellary sports that use weight lifting in their regimines...I.E.- MMA, Cross fit, Strongman, etc....

People need to be exposed to the industry in order to initiate new growth....something they should have been doing a long time ago IMO

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »
People need to be exposed to the industry in order to initiate new growth....something they should have been doing a long time ago IMO

Are you concerned that new growth from bikini and male physique will water down IFBB events?  Once the fitness public is exposed to the industry, how do you get them interested in competitive bodybuilding?  What needs to be done to restock the talent pool?