Author Topic: The Making of a Judge - For Canadians - Nov 7, 2010 - 9pm EST  (Read 734 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
The Making of a Judge - For Canadians - Nov 7, 2010 - 9pm EST
« on: November 06, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »

Hello Everyone, I'd like you to watch my friend Linda's documentary.
I just can't tell you how the making of this documentary has consumed her blood, sweat, tears, time & resources.
Now that it's finally here, I'd like to invite those of you who can, to watch it.

The Making Of A Judge - A Documentary
Airing On OMNI-1 On November 7 And November 21, 2010

The story of The Honourable Justice George E. Carter is told here by his daughter, Linda V. Carter, a Black model and actress.

Linda has had a lifelong passion and appreciation for her Canadian, West Indian and African roots, and uses the story of her father’s pioneering life as the first Canadian-born Black jurist to trace cultural influences on her family.

Linda narrates and moderates conversations with her father and with his peers as they talk of racial aspects of the time, bonds between communities such as the Blacks and Jews, and, how ultimately, Judge Carter was encouraged to become a judge.

And his story is never one of complaint. But one of personal accomplishment forged within a loving family that cherished education.

The program’s view ability is relaxed and easy due to Judge Carter’s affable style and wit supported by Linda’s poise and experience as a broadcaster and performer.

Judge Carter’s tale is a solid story of determination, disregard for colour bounds, his integration in to the legal system as lawyer and judge, and the many friends and colleagues whose respect he continues to enjoy in retirement.

“The Making of a Judge” is an historical, timely and insightful look at a personal journey of achievement.

Check your local listings for OMNI-1:

Sunday-November 7th- The Making of a Judge-9-10pm- English
Sunday- November 21st- The Making of a Judge-8-9pm- Portuguese
w