Author Topic: Divorce: Eva Longoria & Tony Parker  (Read 2327 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Divorce: Eva Longoria & Tony Parker
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »
Tony Parker Calls Divorce From Eva Longoria 'Difficult'
'I'm getting great support from teammates and coaches,' he tells reporters before a Spurs game.
By Jocelyn Vena

As rumors run rampant about Tony Parker's alleged infidelity being the catalyst for Eva Longoria's divorce filing, the basketball star spoke out late Wednesday.

"This is a difficult time right now for me and Eva," he told reporters before Spurs' game against the Chicago Bulls, according to San Antonio news station KENS 5. "Everything else is our private life."

Parker wouldn't comment on allegations that he cheated on Longoria. "That's my private life," he said. "I'm getting great support from teammates and coaches. Right now, I just want to concentrate 100 percent on winning basketball games with the Spurs."

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich also spoke about the matter on behalf of the team to the press. "This is a difficult situation for everyone, obviously. Eva and Tony are somebody we love and care about," he said. "We wish them the best as they go through this."

Longoria has also been getting some public support. Her friend Mario Lopez spoke on behalf of the actress to "Extra." "Eva wants everyone to know she's devastated by the rumors of Tony's infidelity. She loved her husband and is heartbroken about their split," he said. "But she's strong."

As news broke of their split Parker and Longoria released nearly identical statements about the divorce. Her statement reads: "It is with great sadness that after 7 years together, Tony and I have decided to divorce. We love each other deeply and pray for each other's happiness."

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Divorce: Eva Longoria & Tony Parker
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 08:41:00 AM »
With a gorgeous woman like Eva, what the hell was parker smoking??? He goes and cheats on a woman like that? Wow...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 06:28:49 AM »
I will not defend infidelity, but I will say that many of these “gorgeous” women (Eva, Christie Brinkley, Halle Berry, etc.) may not be such gorgeous people when you live with them day to day—and I don’t mean looks.  Personality clashes or clicks go a long way in sustaining intimacy or making/breaking a relationship.  No matter how physically attractive someone is, once you’ve been with them day to day—everyday—their looks become immaterial and personality is what matters.  Didn’t Brinkley go through three husbands? How many men did Elizabeth Taylor go through?  Halle has been through a number of men as well.  And remember we are talking about people who do not have to worry about how to pay the rent and other bills so they are not fighting over money.

Bottom line, relationships cannot survive based on one or both being gorgeous.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 02:42:10 PM »
I will not defend infidelity, but I will say that many of these “gorgeous” women (Eva, Christie Brinkley, Halle Berry, etc.) may not be such gorgeous people when you live with them day to day—and I don’t mean looks.  Personality clashes or clicks go a long way in sustaining intimacy or making/breaking a relationship.  No matter how physically attractive someone is, once you’ve been with them day to day—everyday—their looks become immaterial and personality is what matters.  Didn’t Brinkley go through three husbands? How many men did Elizabeth Taylor go through?  Halle has been through a number of men as well.  And remember we are talking about people who do not have to worry about how to pay the rent and other bills so they are not fighting over money.

QFT.
In short - looks are what attracts you, but personality is what keeps you.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 03:18:40 PM »
LOL friend of mines uncle used to have a saying: "no matter how hot she is, there is somebody, somewhere who is tired of putting up with her shit"

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 05:41:27 PM »
Eva started on Beverly Hills, 90210 and from there went to The Young and the Restless... Desperate Housewives made her a big star, got her paid, and probably gave her a big ego in the process.  Sure, I want someone who is very successful, but I would not want a relationship with someone whose livelihood turns on fame, being glamourous, in the public eye, etc.  It is a formula for having a big head and at home, I need someone who is grounded and very down to earth.  The diva BS has to stop at the red carpet.

Again, I am not defending infidelity and certainly not blaming her for this split, but this is such a familiar pattern.

On the flip side as a big time athlete Tony probably had/has women throwing themselves at him all the time.  How many men could really resist that?  The sexcapades of NBA players is legendary for a reason.  :-[

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 06:38:33 PM »
LOL friend of mines uncle used to have a saying: "no matter how hot she is, there is somebody, somewhere who is tired of putting up with her shit"

i'll put up with her, for a bit at least

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 05:04:34 AM »

Spot on. I think the biggest problem IMO with hollywood marriages is the separation. Both parties work away from eachother, long hours, sometimes in different countries, etc. They fall out of love or in most cases, ego kicks in and they think they can do what they want because of who they are and how big their bank accounts are.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 05:12:09 AM »
I'll take her....seems that she has a good sense of humor.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 07:11:17 AM »
I'll take her....seems that she has a good sense of humor.
Lol...I would make such a mess with her...

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »
Lol...I would make such a mess with her...

ditto

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 05:32:29 PM »
another heterosexual divorce  reported by heterosexual divorce reporter and all time "heterosexual relationships dont work" advocate champeen BGM  :-\

sometimes i wish BGMs dad ws truly gay....yanno..the sorta gay that never has sex with a woman before suddenly discovering his genetic gay heritage  :-\

....sometimes...i out genius myself! ;)
carpe` vaginum!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »
another heterosexual divorce  reported by heterosexual divorce reporter and all time "heterosexual relationships dont work" advocate champeen BGM  :-\

sometimes i wish BGMs dad ws truly gay....yanno..the sorta gay that never has sex with a woman before suddenly discovering his genetic gay heritage  :-\

....sometimes...i out genius myself! ;)
The world has way, way, way more married people versus divorced and what Hollywood couple stays married for a long period of time anyway? It always winds ip in divorce.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 06:14:42 PM »
i wouldn't mind stuffing her turkey tomorrow