Author Topic: PBW: BOB CHICK SOUNDS OFF (Listen Now)  (Read 42987 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW: BOB CHICK SOUNDS OFF (Listen Now)
« on: June 03, 2011, 09:38:54 AM »
Announcement - Episode #226

PBW Presents: "BOBservations" with Bob Cicherillo (Replay Now Available)

Former PBW Host Returns with Opinions, Announcements....and Plenty of his "Bobservations"

He will emcee nearly EVERY event on this years IFBB Pro Schedule!   Tune in this week as Bob Cicherillo makes his first return visit to PBW to get us caught up on a half-year's worth of "BOBSERVATIONS".  The athletes rep has plenty on his mind, along with some big announcements.  What's NEXT for the former Mr. USA? -- Presented by MuscleTech, "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" Episode #226 airs Monday at 8pm ET.

Tune in at:  www.BodybuildingRadio.com
Replays Provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com

The IFBB's 4th Annual "PBW CHAMPIONSHIPS"
Tampa, FL  June 25th - www.PBWProShow.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, Six Star Muscle, MAP, and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend.
The presenting sponsor of the annual "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" in Tampa, FL
and a proud supporter of the NPC' USA Championships

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
Re: PBW Presents: "BOBservations" with Bob Cicherillo (Monday)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 09:39:37 AM »
epic

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:55:19 AM »
Speaking of which....MAJOR announcement coming this week.  should make all the haters hate me even more....

I wonder what Bob will share with us on Monday night?

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »
I wonder what Bob will share with us on Monday night?

The new Men's IFBB Physique Division....

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 05:24:47 PM »
how about you bring bob chick back and boot the judge and chad

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »
Cant wait for the announcement. I wonder what it will be? Hopefully posing counts for something

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 05:03:47 AM »

Is Bob involved?  Is he competing in physique or just rallying for it? 

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:46:31 AM »
yes, get rid of chad and his biased "critiques"

his lack of credibility is pathetic at this point - what an embarrassment

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 11:37:44 AM »
yes, get rid of chad and his biased "critiques"

his lack of credibility is pathetic at this point - what an embarrassment

Lee is even worse than Chad.  Bob will be back. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 01:13:05 PM »
Chad doesn't candy coat things though.  Bob was nice to everybody.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 08:02:58 PM »

I do'nt think he'd go on the show without something new to show getbiggers.  Either he's got a new company, a new job, or something new.

Impactedman

• Getbig II
  • youstinklikepoop
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 01:16:38 AM »
I do'nt think he'd go on the show without something new to show getbiggers.  Either he's got a new company, a new job, or something new.

So, did Roelly crack the top five in NYC??? Remind me.

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2011, 07:58:08 AM »
Bob back on PBW !!!!! 

This will be an excellent show , Bob never disappoints ...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2011, 10:22:27 AM »
Bob back on PBW !!!!! 

This will be an excellent show , Bob never disappoints ...
Bob has some good stories and knows his bodybuilding .

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 12:30:31 PM »
So, did Roelly crack the top five in NYC??? Remind me.

Roelly did it just to make me look bad on getbig.  :(

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 06:47:10 PM »
Good to have Bob back on the air.  I agree with limiting the qualifications to the Olympia.  Maybe just the winners qualify from the circuit shows and top 3 from the Arnold. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Dan, Bob, Lee and Chad Comments regarding this weeks PBW...
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 06:56:56 PM »
Regarding the statements made my Dan, Bob and Lee.

1.  Bob is 100% correct.  There needs to be no more the 10 people to do the Mr. O.  I've stated this in the past.  This is supposed to be the best of the best and IMO only the winners of shows should be qualified for the O and in the case that the winner is qualified then the second place person should go in.

2.  In regards to what's going on with athletes today?  You want them to come in better shape, condition etc?  Have the judges to hold more credence in those categories.  Obviously it's bodybuilding so you want them to have size BUT far too many times I've seen the smaller more defined/conditioned bodybuilder get the shaft over the larger less conditioned guy....THIS NEEDS TO END.

3.  You want them to compete more often, bodybuilders must be smaller.  As you already know it's difficult for the larger guys to come in shape many times during the year.  When this happens you have shows with 2nd and 3rd tier bodybuilders headlining shows. And guess what, we don't go to shows to see 2nd and third tier guys...So you want them to compete more often, CHANGE THE JUDGING STANDARDS cause we know the prize money won't go up.

4.  Oh yeah the biggest mistake ever made and Flex, Shawn, Kevin and many others agree with me is not counting the posing anymore...You excuse was it wasn't being judged the right way it was dropped...Why weren't the rules ever enforced and the judges told, "hey guys, we're going to count the judging round now on actual posing."  So for the first couple of shows when guys are getting bad placings for shitty posing they'll get the message and practice posing the way it shoud be.

5.  The thing that sets todays bodybuilders apart from the guys of yesterday is everything you said but it's the size today.  People are able to get in great condition what they aren't able to do is get this size at a young age.  So as I said before, put more credence in coniditioning, separation, tie-ins and posing you'l lhave bodybuilder turning pro at a younger age, a better lineup, better physiques and people that are more interested in viewing and getting involved with the sport.  This is progress Bob not adding 30lbs of slin muscle and adding 3-4 inches on the waist and losing the previously sharp physique.  There really is no debating this, it's the truth.

6. Though a young at at 31 I've folowed the sport since 15  and its trends this is the answer. Not what is going on.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Comments regarding this weeks PBW...
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 07:08:15 PM »
What the IFBB and NPC need to start doing is making the sport more appealing to potential bodybuilders.  They've been so busy trying to attract fans, what makes a person want to take up bodybuilding competitively and try and go pro and make it a living?  Let me tell you, it's not Jay's or Kai's grotesque physiques.  And if you haven't noticed, they quality of the the bodybuilders in the NPC is quite bad especially when compared to those from the 90s.  We spoke about this before.

You want a better IFBB make the NPC better.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 07:11:42 PM »
I understand the sport will never go mainstream and I'm not trying to attempt that.  What I would like to see is a better quality physique, better prospects ensuring a better quality physique for the IFBB in the future and thus allowing the bodybuilding to compete more often and enjoy a longer career.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
they figured out that at the Olympia people wanna see freaks of nature, the only ones not liking that is the smaller guys, the crowd could give a fuck.

I personally do not get the whole big gut thing etc, its nasty, not healthy, but if thats what the crowd wants, thats what ya gotta do.

If you doubt what the crowd wants listen to the cheers when the big guys come out vs the better looking smaller ones.

Makes no sense but it is what it is

Largerthanlife

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Dan, Bob, Lee and Chad Comments regarding this weeks PBW...
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 07:18:15 PM »
i think they just need to give up, make it a gay show, and move on, accept it's true roots.  If they keep it in this stagnating form it isn't going anywhere.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 07:23:16 PM »
they figured out that at the Olympia people wanna see freaks of nature, the only ones not liking that is the smaller guys, the crowd could give a fuck.

I personally do not get the whole big gut thing etc, its nasty, not healthy, but if thats what the crowd wants, thats what ya gotta do.

If you doubt what the crowd wants listen to the cheers when the big guys come out vs the better looking smaller ones.

Makes no sense but it is what it is

The crowd isn't cheering for big guts.  They're cheering for freaks and these days freaks come with big guts.  it's gotten a little better since the 2000's but it's still around. 

These days it's like you have people with no business on stage making a mockery of bodybuilding and bodybuilding can't do anything about it cause they are only working with the people that compete.  Time to the NPC and IFBB to recruit or make it worth it...Obviously they won't and it will fall upn deaf ears but if they want to actually make positive changes, what I typed earlier would def top many lists.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
The state of professional BB isnt nearly what many of you believe it is...many more athletes have contracts and opportunities than ever before, the Expo style shows have many more people attending, prize money is up, especially at the Olympia as we are nearing the $1M purse...and despite the economy of the last few years, the supplement industry had thrived...

As for the physiques, any era of BB has its ups and downs in terms of depth...and people tend to remember the "good 'ol days" as just that...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 07:29:14 PM »
BTW Dan, Bob, Lee, Chad, I challenge any one of you on my ideas to a debate and I'd like to see a coherant reason as to why physiques shouldn't look like those from the 90s of a higher quality (quality defined as conditioning, tie-ins separation and taper to the waist) vs. IFBBs definition of progress being bigger with less tie-ins, separation and taper.

Finally myself and many others would like to know the reason why a major part of the sport POSING has been forgotten other than the reason Bob gave.  They make the rules and it seems like it wouldn't be to difficult to enforce.  Presentation of the physique is very important...What we have onstage today in most cases is pathetic.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 07:33:23 PM »
The state of professional BB isnt nearly what many of you believe it is...many more athletes have contracts and opportunities than ever before, the Expo style shows have many more people attending, prize money is up, especially at the Olympia as we are nearing the $1M purse...and despite the economy of the last few years, the supplement industry had thrived...

As for the physiques, any era of BB has its ups and downs in terms of depth...and people tend to remember the "good 'ol days" as just that...

Bob can you say that the physiques we see today are better (better meaning size, shape, quality etc.) compared to the 90s?  Ups and downs?  Bodybuilding has shown great progress in the physiques of the men but I'd say around 2004 is when everything went backwards....Are the higher ups content with what they see on the stage today?