Author Topic: Cam Newton.....star or bust?  (Read 21711 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Cam Newton.....star or bust?
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2012, 12:22:56 PM »
Yes, and 6 years later Smith took them to an NFC championship... Where as the 3 guys I mentioned did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

All 3, first rounders, as you said... who DID ZERO.

You are ridiculous.

Wait,  You're not watching the superbowl again... right?

You're missing the point.  You cannot compare the first overall pick in the draft with someone taken at the bottom of the first round.  Night and day.  The first overall pick is supposed to be your franchise player, especially if it's a QB.  Outside of the top 5 to 10 players depending on the year, the draft is total crapshoot.  And Alex Smith has to be evaluated together with Aaron Rogers, because the Niners could have had Rogers.

Also, compare the salaries paid to Smith and the other late first round picks you mentioned (their first contracts).  That should give you an idea of the magnitude of the Niners mistake.   

Not planning on watching the Super Bowl, but could change my mind.  I might watch the commercials.   :)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2020, 09:34:49 AM »
Not a fan,heck of a athlete and player but a front runner.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2020, 09:12:50 PM »
Pretty crazy that he's unemployed.  He's definitely a starting QB.  Cannot believe hasn't been signed to at least back someone up, unless he is refusing a backup role?