Author Topic: Niners  (Read 143364 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Niners
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2019, 04:52:57 PM »
he also was benched in a playoff game for poor play

E

Wow.  He probably farted once in the huddle too. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2019, 11:42:31 AM »
Wow.  He probably farted once in the huddle too. 

you gotta admit being benched in a playoff game is really bad, far worse than throwing an int in the super bowl especially when you played in 8 of them

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »
you gotta admit being benched in a playoff game is really bad, far worse than throwing an int in the super bowl especially when you played in 8 of them

E

Seriously?  lol  Being benched in a playoff game is bad.  But that was the only time in his career he was benched.  And he won two Super Bowls after being benched, without throwing an INT.  GOAT.   :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 03:38:42 PM »
Seriously?  lol  Being benched in a playoff game is bad.  But that was the only time in his career he was benched.  And he won two Super Bowls after being benched, without throwing an INT.  GOAT.   :)

brady won 5 and probably should've won 8

that is much better than winning 4, only playing in 4, and getting benched in a playoff game

btw montana went to my high school, but montana fans are ridiculous much like jordan fans acting like they never had a bad game

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 05:15:52 PM »
brady won 5 and probably should've won 8

that is much better than winning 4, only playing in 4, and getting benched in a playoff game

btw montana went to my high school, but montana fans are ridiculous much like jordan fans acting like they never had a bad game

E

Meh.  I think going 4-4 and never throwing an INT (much less a pick six) in the Super Bowl is more impressive than losing multiple Super Bowls. 

Montana fans are no different than Jordan, LeBron [insert player] fans.  People are often prisoners of their generation and of the moment. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »
Meh.  I think going 4-4 and never throwing an INT (much less a pick six) in the Super Bowl is more impressive than losing multiple Super Bowls. 

Montana fans are no different than Jordan, LeBron [insert player] fans.  People are often prisoners of their generation and of the moment. 

why is that more impressive, losing in the divisional round?  not being good enough to make it to the super bowl not to mention being benched, that makes no sense

the montana/brady argument has been dead for years, it's not a legit debate anymore unless you are stubborn and can't admit to being wrong

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2019, 06:17:09 PM »
why is that more impressive, losing in the divisional round?  not being good enough to make it to the super bowl not to mention being benched, that makes no sense

the montana/brady argument has been dead for years, it's not a legit debate anymore unless you are stubborn and can't admit to being wrong

E

You're asking why winning Super Bowls, not throwing an INT in those Super Bowl wins, and being named Super Bowl MVP is more impressive than losing a playoff game where he was benched?  

No, the argument isn't dead.  There is no uniform opinion on who the GOAT is at any position.  There is always room for debate, unless you are stubborn and refuse to consider opposing viewpoints.  That's why, for example, even though I consider Barry Sanders the greatest RB in NFL history, I don't really argue with people who say it was actually Jim Brown, etc.    

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2019, 08:01:56 PM »
You're asking why winning Super Bowls, not throwing an INT in those Super Bowl wins, and being named Super Bowl MVP is more impressive than losing a playoff game where he was benched?  

No, the argument isn't dead.  There is no uniform opinion on who the GOAT is at any position.  There is always room for debate, unless you are stubborn and refuse to consider opposing viewpoints.  That's why, for example, even though I consider Barry Sanders the greatest RB in NFL history, I don't really argue with people who say it was actually Jim Brown, etc.    

no i'm asking why doing that is somehow more impressive than winning 5 super bowls and playing in 8, along with something like 12 conference title games how on earth does 4 rings and a playoff benching top that??

5 rings > 4 rings no matter how many losses, montana wasn't good enough to play in 5 super bowls let alone 8 and not throwing an int in that dink and dunk offense isn't that impressive

yes the argument is dead to any reasonable person that can let go of the past, being 4 out of 4 means shit especially when he got benched in a divisional round, no shame if he lost that game but to get benched is an embarrassment that should not be forgotten or dismissed, heck steve young came in and they hardly missed a beat so that hurts montana too

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2019, 08:49:07 PM »
no i'm asking why doing that is somehow more impressive than winning 5 super bowls and playing in 8, along with something like 12 conference title games how on earth does 4 rings and a playoff benching top that??

5 rings > 4 rings no matter how many losses, montana wasn't good enough to play in 5 super bowls let alone 8 and not throwing an int in that dink and dunk offense isn't that impressive

yes the argument is dead to any reasonable person that can let go of the past, being 4 out of 4 means shit especially when he got benched in a divisional round, no shame if he lost that game but to get benched is an embarrassment that should not be forgotten or dismissed, heck steve young came in and they hardly missed a beat so that hurts montana too

E

Winning 4 Super Bowls, being the best player on the field in pretty much every one, playing much tougher competition to get there (e.g., having to go through the Cowboys, etc.), never throwing an INT is more impressive to me than winning 5 and losing 3, needing luck to win one, cheating to get there at least once, etc. 

Your position is absurd.  It's not factual.  Like I said, there is no uniform viewpoint about the GOAT at any position in football.  There are reasonable arguments both for and against Montana, Brady, Brees, Manning, Bradshaw, etc. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2019, 12:20:12 PM »
Winning 4 Super Bowls, being the best player on the field in pretty much every one, playing much tougher competition to get there (e.g., having to go through the Cowboys, etc.), never throwing an INT is more impressive to me than winning 5 and losing 3, needing luck to win one, cheating to get there at least once, etc. 

Your position is absurd.  It's not factual.  Like I said, there is no uniform viewpoint about the GOAT at any position in football.  There are reasonable arguments both for and against Montana, Brady, Brees, Manning, Bradshaw, etc. 

who was the better player than brady in the 5 super bowls they won? he has the record 4 super bowl mvps again topping montana

montana had an all star team, brady has won with completely different generations while the 49ers still won when montana left for the chiefs

LOL at thinking 4 super bowls is better than 5 all because he didn't throw an int i bet montana would be fine with throwing a pick for another ring HAHAHA you are insane

brady has 5 rings, montana has 4, brady has 8 conference titles, montana has 4, brady has far superior numbers with less hall of fame teammates and more mvp's

yes brady cheated, and jerry rice admitted to using stickum on his hands

this is all factual, sorry the facts don't support your insanity

but... but... he never threw an int dammit ::)

benched in a divisional round game 8)

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2019, 12:27:37 PM »

E

In one of his SB wins, Brady had his head in his heads crying on the sidelines thinking he lost.   Atl/Seattle wins were more due to gaffes on the opposing side.

Either way, an argument can be made for both Montana and Brady.  But Brady has had the benefit of playing in a division that has be collectivie unchallenging for 14 years, make the road to the Superbowl much easer.  Their road last year was, statistically proven, the easist one in league history.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2019, 02:18:09 PM »
In one of his SB wins, Brady had his head in his heads crying on the sidelines thinking he lost.   Atl/Seattle wins were more due to gaffes on the opposing side.

Either way, an argument can be made for both Montana and Brady.  But Brady has had the benefit of playing in a division that has be collectivie unchallenging for 14 years, make the road to the Superbowl much easer.  Their road last year was, statistically proven, the easist one in league history.

there were gaffes on both sides in all of his super bowls, but you can't argue he played bad in any of them

yes his division was weak, but it's not like he has a losing record against other divisions

no legit argument for montana over brady, none

saw the stat that he has a record 28 playoff victories, with montana in 2nd place with 16

but as usual people romanticize the past and conveniently forget the bad parts of their career like being benched in a playoff game

the bad part of brady's career was losing in the super bowl on last minute miracle plays, what a bum ::)

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2019, 09:27:20 AM »
there were gaffes on both sides in all of his super bowls, but you can't argue he played bad in any of them

yes his division was weak, but it's not like he has a losing record against other divisions

no legit argument for montana over brady, none

saw the stat that he has a record 28 playoff victories, with montana in 2nd place with 16

but as usual people romanticize the past and conveniently forget the bad parts of their career like being benched in a playoff game

the bad part of brady's career was losing in the super bowl on last minute miracle plays, what a bum ::)

E

Brady has had the benefit of rule changes that have benefitted scoring, a weak division every year, as well as a cloud of legitimate cheating over his head for the early dynasty years.

So, it's not cut and dry at all.

And that's not even a knock on Brady.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2019, 04:49:35 PM »

Yes. 

And don't forget Brady threw a pick six against Atlanta, only to have Atlanta hand NE the game. 

But thank you for bringing reasonableness to this thread.  :)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2019, 07:25:27 PM »
Brady has had the benefit of rule changes that have benefitted scoring, a weak division every year, as well as a cloud of legitimate cheating over his head for the early dynasty years.

So, it's not cut and dry at all.

And that's not even a knock on Brady.

ok so how many more super bowls, conference titles, super bowl and conference title appearances, playoff wins, and overall numbers does he need for it to be more cut and dry?

he's already beating him by miles in all of those categories so how many more before you can admit it?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2019, 07:27:16 PM »
Yes. 

And don't forget Brady threw a pick six against Atlanta, only to have Atlanta hand NE the game. 

But thank you for bringing reasonableness to this thread.  :)

LOL coming back after that only enhanced his legacy

you and reasonableness are like oil and water ;)

i'm the one being reasonable here, montana is from my hometown and i hate brady and the pats

E
E

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2019, 07:44:12 PM »
ok so how many more super bowls, conference titles, super bowl and conference title appearances, playoff wins, and overall numbers does he need for it to be more cut and dry?

he's already beating him by miles in all of those categories so how many more before you can admit it?

E

No matter how many he wins, the context I posted earlier still holds.

These guys do this for every team, but refute the major points of this article:

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2018-new-england-patriots-1828719849
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2019, 01:07:34 PM »
LOL coming back after that only enhanced his legacy

you and reasonableness are like oil and water ;)

i'm the one being reasonable here, montana is from my hometown and i hate brady and the pats

E

You're not reasonable at all.  I had discussions like this in high school.  When you get a little older and wiser, you're able to see other points of view.  But not everyone grows like that.  Some remain stuck with a high school mentality.  Like saying everyone agrees about something that clearly is in dispute.   

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2019, 03:04:10 PM »
You're not reasonable at all.  I had discussions like this in high school.  When you get a little older and wiser, you're able to see other points of view.  But not everyone grows like that.  Some remain stuck with a high school mentality.  Like saying everyone agrees about something that clearly is in dispute.   

your whole silly argument revolves around montana never throwing an int in the super bowl

that's a middle school argument, son

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2019, 06:13:39 PM »
your whole silly argument revolves around montana never throwing an int in the super bowl

that's a middle school argument, son

E

Nah.  That's part of my argument.  He is also undefeated in the Super Bowl.  He also had MVP performances in every Super Bowl run.  He had to go through some great teams to get to the Super Bowl.  He was also just flat out stellar for almost his entire career, despite not being physically gifted and weighing about 190 pounds soaking wet.  He was also incredibly smart, had great pocket presence, was accurate, and was clutch. 

Despite all of that, I agree there is room for debate about the GOAT.  You don't because you reason like a little kid. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2019, 05:44:27 PM »
Nah.  That's part of my argument.  He is also undefeated in the Super Bowl.  He also had MVP performances in every Super Bowl run.  He had to go through some great teams to get to the Super Bowl.  He was also just flat out stellar for almost his entire career, despite not being physically gifted and weighing about 190 pounds soaking wet.  He was also incredibly smart, had great pocket presence, was accurate, and was clutch. 

Despite all of that, I agree there is room for debate about the GOAT.  You don't because you reason like a little kid. 

and it's a retarded part of your argument, only a kid would reason like that luckily for you an adult is here to educate you

5 super bowls > 4 out of 4 super bowls no matter how many losses, montana was not good enough to get to more than 4 and that is fact the evidence proves it

do you think montana would finally throw a pick if he was good enough to play in 5 super bowls, or 8 like brady?  possibly 9 if they win on sunday?  heck if he threw a pass more than 15 yards downfield instead of that dink and dunk "west coast" offense?

name the times brady didn't have a super bowl mvp performance, he has 4 super bowl mvps a record

brady beat a bunch of shit teams for his super bowls right?  those steelers, colts, seahawks, ravens, rams etc with all those hall of fame players all stink right?

montana had to beat boomer esiason, phil simms, and ken anderson yeah so much tougher competition ::)

oh did i mention he was benched in a playoff game?  and did you see brady is in the title game again for a record 8th straight time?  heck he could get break his own record and get a 6th ring, his playoff numbers are untouchable like wayne gretzky's career numbers

you're a stereotypical old guy stuck in your nostalgia and refuses to admit that some things have gotten better since the "good ol days"

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2019, 06:19:44 PM »
and it's a retarded part of your argument, only a kid would reason like that luckily for you an adult is here to educate you

5 super bowls > 4 out of 4 super bowls no matter how many losses, montana was not good enough to get to more than 4 and that is fact the evidence proves it

do you think montana would finally throw a pick if he was good enough to play in 5 super bowls, or 8 like brady?  possibly 9 if they win on sunday?  heck if he threw a pass more than 15 yards downfield instead of that dink and dunk "west coast" offense?

name the times brady didn't have a super bowl mvp performance, he has 4 super bowl mvps a record

brady beat a bunch of shit teams for his super bowls right?  those steelers, colts, seahawks, ravens, rams etc with all those hall of fame players all stink right?

montana had to beat boomer esiason, phil simms, and ken anderson yeah so much tougher competition ::)

oh did i mention he was benched in a playoff game?  and did you see brady is in the title game again for a record 8th straight time?  heck he could get break his own record and get a 6th ring, his playoff numbers are untouchable like wayne gretzky's career numbers

you're a stereotypical old guy stuck in your nostalgia and refuses to admit that some things have gotten better since the "good ol days"

E

I'll address some of this stream of consciousness crap.  I have no idea if Montana would have thrown an INT if he played in 8 Super Bowls.  Nobody knows.  What a stupid question. 

When did Brady not have an MVP performance in the Super Bowl?  When he threw a pick six against Atlanta, should have lost, but was gifted the game by horrendous play calling. 

What I said about Montana is he played much tougher competition to GET to the Super Bowl.  Did you miss that part? 

But my work here is done.  You're a close-minded kid.  It's ok.  We still need people like you.   :)

But I will leave you with this:

A reminder Tom Brady has thrown two of the worst interceptions in Super Bowl history
By: Steven Ruiz   | January 26, 2017

It’s Throwback Thursday, and since we’ve already covered Tom Brady’s Super Bowl brilliance, we’ll take this opportunity to look back at some of his less-than-brilliant moments on the NFL’s biggest stage.

Brady has thrown four interceptions in six career Super Bowl appearances. Two of them are in the running for the worst in the history of the big game. And, thanks to some late-game heroics, neither pick ended up costing the Patriots the game, but they were still pretty awful. Let’s take a look at them…

The first came in Brady’s second Super Bowl appearance. The Patriots were up five on the Panthers with just under eight minutes remaining in the fourth. It was New England’s ball on the Carolina 9-yard-line and Brady had a chance to to put away the game.

Instead, he panicked under pressure and lofted a ball right into the waiting arms of Panthers CB Reggie Howard, who hauled in the easiest interception of his career.

Three plays later, the Panthers took the lead on an 85-yard pass from Jake Delhomme to Muhsin Muhhamad. Of course, Brady rallied New England and Adam Vinatieri would go on to kick the game-winning field goal to seal the Patriots’ second Super Bowl title, so this pick is largely forgotten.

Brady’s second awful Super Bowl interception came two years ago against the Seahawks. New England had taken its second drive down to the Seattle 10-yard-line, when, once again facing pressure, Brady threw a pass directly to the defense, leaving at least three points on the board.

Luckily, Malcolm Butler’s goal line interception late in the game made those three points irrelevant, and Brady captured his fourth ring. Had Seattle scored, they would have won the game by three points. That interception would have been costly, to say the least.

Brady is undoubtedly one of the best Super Bowl performers in NFL history, but he’s had some pretty terrible moments as well.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/nfl-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-super-bowl-history-interceptions-stats-panthers-seahawks

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2019, 07:47:56 PM »
I'll address some of this stream of consciousness crap.  I have no idea if Montana would have thrown an INT if he played in 8 Super Bowls.  Nobody knows.  What a stupid question.

it's a point not a question, point is we'll never know because he wasn't good enough to get to 5 let alone 8 

When did Brady not have an MVP performance in the Super Bowl?  When he threw a pick six against Atlanta, should have lost, but was gifted the game by horrendous play calling. 

fact he was super bowl mvp, all you have is excuses

What I said about Montana is he played much tougher competition to GET to the Super Bowl.  Did you miss that part? 

he did not, that's the part you missed, players were not bigger faster and stronger in the 80's you moron

But my work here is done.  You're a close-minded kid.  It's ok.  We still need people like you.   :)

But I will leave you with this:

A reminder Tom Brady has thrown two of the worst interceptions in Super Bowl history
By: Steven Ruiz   | January 26, 2017

It’s Throwback Thursday, and since we’ve already covered Tom Brady’s Super Bowl brilliance, we’ll take this opportunity to look back at some of his less-than-brilliant moments on the NFL’s biggest stage.

Brady has thrown four interceptions in six career Super Bowl appearances. Two of them are in the running for the worst in the history of the big game. And, thanks to some late-game heroics, neither pick ended up costing the Patriots the game, but they were still pretty awful. Let’s take a look at them…

The first came in Brady’s second Super Bowl appearance. The Patriots were up five on the Panthers with just under eight minutes remaining in the fourth. It was New England’s ball on the Carolina 9-yard-line and Brady had a chance to to put away the game.

Instead, he panicked under pressure and lofted a ball right into the waiting arms of Panthers CB Reggie Howard, who hauled in the easiest interception of his career.

Three plays later, the Panthers took the lead on an 85-yard pass from Jake Delhomme to Muhsin Muhhamad. Of course, Brady rallied New England and Adam Vinatieri would go on to kick the game-winning field goal to seal the Patriots’ second Super Bowl title, so this pick is largely forgotten.

Brady’s second awful Super Bowl interception came two years ago against the Seahawks. New England had taken its second drive down to the Seattle 10-yard-line, when, once again facing pressure, Brady threw a pass directly to the defense, leaving at least three points on the board.

Luckily, Malcolm Butler’s goal line interception late in the game made those three points irrelevant, and Brady captured his fourth ring. Had Seattle scored, they would have won the game by three points. That interception would have been costly, to say the least.

Brady is undoubtedly one of the best Super Bowl performers in NFL history, but he’s had some pretty terrible moments as well.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/nfl-new-england-patriots-tom-brady-super-bowl-history-interceptions-stats-panthers-seahawks

who the fuck cares other than morons like you about his "terrible moments" especially when he won those games and was GREAT enough overall to be mvp, jesus christ you might be the dumbest troll i've ever argued with on the sports forum, only topped by that filipino 49ers fan that hasn't posted here since the 49ers lost to the ravens ending his stupid "we're undefeated in super bowls" bragging rights BS, are you the same guy?

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »
joe flacco won a super bowl and didn't throw an int, 1 for 1 in super bowls

peyton manning threw a couple and went 2 for 4 in super bowls

flacco > manning

right??

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2019, 11:11:48 PM »
E

I'm not reading or responding to that imbededd crap.