Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 762515 times)

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
Re: Bitcoins about to hit $5000 per coin today.
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2017, 01:49:40 PM »
So if you have to use real money to purchase Bitcoins, then how is that any different from buying stock? I'm sorry, but we are not at the point where some imaginary online money, trumps actual, physical money in hand.

What if you use US dollars to buy Euro, is that like buying stock?

Most people don't have physical money in hand, most of it their money is stored "online" in an "imaginary" way in a private banks accounting system computer hard drives as digital bits.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2017, 01:52:51 PM »
What if you use US dollars to buy Euro, is that like buying stock?

Most people don't have physical money in hand, most of it their money is stored "online" in an "imaginary" way in a private banks accounting system computer hard drives as digital bits.

Yes, but unless the world enters into utter chaos, my digital money is FDIC insured. Do Bitcoins offer such insurance?

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2017, 01:59:00 PM »
Fagcoin is worse than a ponzi dvheme. Beware!

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2017, 02:02:11 PM »
Yes, but unless the world enters into utter chaos, my digital money is FDIC insured. Do Bitcoins offer such insurance?

With bitcoin, as long as the bitcoin blockchain exists, bitcoin exist, so don't need to be insured. Right now there are many thousands of copies of the blockchain distributed all around the world.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2017, 02:21:59 PM »
Bullshit. Gov can just go after the exchanges. Look at how many lost out with mtgox exchange getting robbed. 

Cash and gold can be stolen, or confiscated by the government.

Bitcoins can't be stolen unless they have your private keys.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2017, 07:23:11 PM »
Bullshit. Gov can just go after the exchanges. Look at how many lost out with mtgox exchange getting robbed. 

You don't keep your coins on exchanges. Rather you take them offline and store them in cyberspace.

Yes, exchanges, just like banks are vulnerable to theft, and bankruptcy.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2017, 07:46:30 PM »
Don't you see? You take your fake money, invented by a fake character and put it in a fake place? Why don't you guys get how great this is?  ::)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2017, 07:59:14 PM »
Crypto will only be a currency if some stability mechanisms are put in place.  Until then, speculating on penny stocks is really about the same thing.

Land/housing is good only if it is producing a positive cash flow.  Great it you already own it, but now is not the time to buy.

Right now precious metals are very, very undervalued.  They have the most capital preservation, profit potential and liquidity.  

I own metals as insurance but again, they are not everything. Silver at $15-17 fine, gold at $1300+ I would not call cheap unless you listen to Peter Schiff everyday. If you think metals going sideways is a better buy than land since 2011 I disagree. Geography dictates land value, but where I am acreage 1-2 hours from a major metro is being bought like crazy for hunting/bugout cabins.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2017, 10:25:12 PM »

Bitcoins can't be stolen if the robbers don't have the private keys.

People who lost their coins at mtgox didn't have the private keys to their account, the exchange did, so obviously vulnerable to hacking and theft. Bad luck to them for not moving their coins into their own wallet where they have control of the private key.

Simple Simon

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2017, 10:28:15 PM »
Bitcoins can't be stolen if the robbers don't have the private keys.

People who lost their coins at mtgox didn't have the private keys to their account, the exchange did, so obviously vulnerable to hacking and theft. Bad luck to them for not moving their coins into their own wallet where they have control of the private key.

lol, its not the coins themselves that have value its the peoples belief in the coins, it doesn't matter if the coins themselves don't even exist.

You could replace Bitcoins with Bogies for all the difference it makes.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »
lol, its not the coins themselves that have value its the peoples belief in the coins, it doesn't matter if the coins themselves don't even exist.

That goes for anything really. Things only have value because a bunch of people believe they do.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2017, 11:10:53 PM »
He's a contrary indicator... just like the stinky raghead taxi driver recommending my friend to buy bitcoins two weeks ago.

Me thinks $5000 was THE top.  Let's see if I'm right.

LUL

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2017, 11:41:52 PM »
It is a pity that Goodrum posted about bitcoins years ago. Everyone laughed and didn't take that currency seriously.

At the moment there are other crypto-currencies that are profitable. Coin space for example. I know a person who

was into them 2 years ago and now things are different and there is much money to be made. I am still waiting for the

launch. Until that happens it is more or less a scheme that works as long as new investors keep buying.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2017, 11:47:40 PM »
It is a pity that Goodrum posted about bitcoins years ago. Everyone laughed and didn't take that currency seriously.

At the moment there are other crypto-currencies that are profitable. Coin space for example. I know a person who

was into them 2 years ago and now things are different and there is much money to be made. I am still waiting for the

launch. Until that happens it is more or less a scheme that works as long as new investors keep buying.

Goodrum was right, although I don't know if he informed the board how much he invested in Bitcoin.

Food for thought: an investment of $18,000 in Ethereum in July of 2016 is worth a million dollars today.  :o

All last summer I told everyone to invest in Ethereum.  Did anyone listen?  I seem to doubt it.

Simple Simon

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2017, 12:06:11 AM »
Goodrum was right, although I don't know if he informed the board how much he invested in Bitcoin.

Food for thought: an investment of $18,000 in Ethereum in July of 2016 is worth a million dollars today.  :o

All last summer I told everyone to invest in Ethereum.  Did anyone listen?  I seem to doubt it.

and how much did you invest and how much is it worth now?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2017, 12:49:44 AM »
and how much did you invest and how much is it worth now?

Enough to live life on his own terms  :o

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2017, 01:00:18 AM »
Bitcoin is high because it's the only alternative currency for black market/tax evasion right now.

Once another(or more)  alternative free currencies becomes viable bitcoin will plunge.

This can happen any time. I'd say sell now...

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2017, 01:02:53 AM »

you do realize your analogy also applies exactly to USD fiat right.....

in fact btc is more UNIQUE than fiat money, and has a CAP on how much can be produced...  (unlike USD fiat)

Simple Simon

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »
you do realize your analogy also applies exactly to USD fiat right.....

in fact btc is more UNIQUE than fiat money, and has a CAP on how much can be produced...  (unlike USD fiat)

yet without USD bitcoin is totally worthless.

Try and put a value on Bitcoin without referring to currency.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2017, 01:39:11 AM »
Can bitcoin be cashed out in gold/silver/platinum...

Pure gold no currency?

Simple Simon

« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2017, 01:46:31 AM »
Can bitcoin be cashed out in gold/silver/platinum...

Pure gold no currency?

Yes, but currency gives Gold and bitcoin their value and as such currency is the catalyst

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2017, 02:03:31 AM »

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2017, 02:27:24 AM »
Yes, but currency gives Gold and bitcoin their value and as such currency is the catalyst

Currency DOES NOT give gold it's value.  Currency is simply a way to purchase gold.

Similar with btc.

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2017, 02:31:36 AM »

Gold's value transcends currency.

I mean if it all goes tits up globally, the ones with gold will hold the 'wealth'...

Could bit coins be cashed directly for gold then they are safe? 

If you have to go bitcon >>> currency >>> gold then as a currency is involved it's fragile.

Simple Simon

« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2017, 03:57:03 AM »
Gold's value transcends currency.

I mean if it all goes tits up globally, the ones with gold will hold the 'wealth'...

Could bit coins be cashed directly for gold then they are safe? 

If you have to go bitcon >>> currency >>> gold then as a currency is involved it's fragile.

as long as they can convince enough people it has value.

How much do you think Gold will be worth in a post nuclear environment?
Im pretty sure clean water and food will hold far more value.