Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 406741 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2015, 10:05:14 AM »
Made it to the gym yesterday. After about a half hour of cardio, I worked lats, traps and delts. I did 3 X 12 side delt raises, 3 X 10 lat pull-downs and 3 X 10 shrugs using the Smith rack because I was too lazy to lift the bar off the floor. To my misfortune, there was no hot blond with soft hands waiting to massage my back after my workout, so I headed back home.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »
Made it to the gym yesterday. After about a half hour of cardio, I worked lats, traps and delts. I did 3 X 12 side delt raises, 3 X 10 lat pull-downs and 3 X 10 shrugs using the Smith rack because I was too lazy to lift the bar off the floor. To my misfortune, there was no hot blond with soft hands waiting to massage my back after my workout, so I headed back home.

we both missed it Jay... ;D on a plus note i am feeling less tingling in my arm. physio said today my neck "feels" better..i will take that as positive. i think doing the Boxing workout which i did years ago is helping me. the Nieder press with a weight plate is perfect for stabilizing my shoulders,traps,delts.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2015, 02:48:29 PM »
Really wanted to dl but I've had a sore left knee all week. Still pulled a decent 675. 8)

Thats a wack of cocks to pull

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2015, 02:53:17 PM »
Thats a wack of cocks to pull

Hmm....that doesn't seem like something someone mature (over 45) would say.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »
Biceps:

Machine preacher curls
Barbell curls
Hammer curls
Dumbbell curls

Triceps:

Pressdown
Cambered bar extensions
Incline close grip dumbell presses
Underhand pressdowns

Forearms:

Reverse curls

Before my very eyes, I was transforming into a beast.
X

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2015, 04:20:32 PM »
Biceps:

Machine preacher curls
Barbell curls
Hammer curls
Dumbbell curls

Triceps:

Pressdown
Cambered bar extensions
Incline close grip dumbell presses
Underhand pressdowns

Forearms:

Reverse curls

Before my very eyes, I was transforming into a beast.
Dude.. you got a picture of these Arms ?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2015, 04:32:46 PM »
This is why people donīt take getbig serious. itīs about fun sure but starting a serious training thread on here is not possible..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »
very sad when there is so many who could contribute to a training thread without the assholes.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2015, 05:23:14 PM »
Really wanted to dl but I've had a sore left knee all week. Still pulled a decent 675. 8)

Dead lifting 675 is world class. Post up a video with a smart phone so we all can see that incredible lift.  Seriously, we would all enjoy it.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2015, 05:28:50 PM »
Day off today. After work floated in my pool drinking beer. It was a good day. Taking a second day off tomorrow and lying on the beach and maybe do some body surfing. Hitting back and chest on Sunday.

Maybe I should do some beach observations tomorrow.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2015, 06:23:57 PM »
Dead lifting 675 is world class. Post up a video with a smart phone so we all can see that incredible lift.  Seriously, we would all enjoy it.
That's a rack pull, from a couple of inches below the knee, I'm only good for a little over 600 from the floor.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »
This is why people donīt take getbig serious. itīs about fun sure but starting a serious training thread on here is not possible..
There was a serious training thread on the training board.
That's all I'll say about it in this thread out of internet respect for a couple of other posters here.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »
That's a rack pull, from a couple of inches below the knee, I'm only good for a little over 600 from the floor.

Not being a ball buster but you only gain 75lbs having the bar a over a foot off the ground in a rack?   A real 600lbs deadlift without straps is a fantastic lift. Props.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2015, 07:42:03 PM »
delts
front press superset with side laterals x4

cable rear delt raises x4

front raises underhanded   grip with curl bar x3

cable side raises x2 cable in back

bis
db curls x3
seated curl machine x3
21's straight bar x3

forearms
reverse cable wrist curls x3 top forearm
single arm wrist curls 'gooseneck 'flex
behind back reverse wrist curls x3

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2015, 07:45:27 PM »
Not being a ball buster but you only gain 75lbs having the bar a over a foot off the ground in a rack?   A real 600lbs deadlift without straps is a fantastic lift. Props.
The weights aren't a foot off the ground though. I've gone over 700 on rack pulls. I don't use straps, haven't for years, best thing I ever did was give them up.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2015, 07:56:11 PM »
The weights aren't a foot off the ground though. I've gone over 700 on rack pulls. I don't use straps, haven't for years, best thing I ever did was give them up.

Right below my knees is 18" and I'm only 5'8".  That's why I said over a foot off the ground.

I still use straps for certain exercises like shrugs, dumbbell squats and dumbbell rows.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2015, 09:09:39 PM »
Right below my knees is 18" and I'm only 5'8".  That's why I said over a foot off the ground.

I still use straps for certain exercises like shrugs, dumbbell squats and dumbbell rows.
You got some long ass shins! I just measured and where the bar is below my knee is only 17" and I'm 6'3". That puts the weights about 8" off the ground.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2015, 10:29:22 PM »
Day off today. After work floated in my pool drinking beer. It was a good day. Taking a second day off tomorrow and lying on the beach and maybe do some body surfing. Hitting back and chest on Sunday.

Maybe I should do some beach observations tomorrow.

Definitely do some beach observations. This was once my favorite sport. It might give me a heart attack now. What away to go!  ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2015, 12:49:55 AM »
There was a serious training thread on the training board.
That's all I'll say about it in this thread out of internet respect for a couple of other posters here.
yeah need a new mod on there.  ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2015, 01:21:33 AM »
Definitely do some beach observations. This was once my favorite sport. It might give me a heart attack now. What away to go!  ;D
yeah write about it ..always makes me chuckle. you have a great life over there. was going to say take a few pics but youīll get arrested.. ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2015, 05:36:42 AM »
I'm a little hung over from the pool yesterday.  I like drinking good beer but my future son in law just likes fruity beers. The guy is Irish and it's shocking his terrible taste in beer. I can't stand it but he's always so enthusiastic about me trying what he brings. He bought over this new huge fad by me of Root Beer (An alcoholic version of the soft drink).  It tastes just like the soda (pop).  I think it made me sick with all the sugar in it. Must have at least 8 teaspoons in it and who knows how many calories.

After the beach I'm buying some German beer to flush out that crap. 

I can't wait to see all the women wearing barely nothing on the beach. So hot!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2015, 06:03:50 AM »
I'm a little hung over from the pool yesterday.  I like drinking good beer but my future son in law just likes fruity beers. The guy is Irish and it's shocking his terrible taste in beer. I can't stand it but he's always so enthusiastic about me trying what he brings. He bought over this new huge fad by me of Root Beer (An alcoholic version of the soft drink).  It tastes just like the soda (pop).  I think it made me sick with all the sugar in it. Must have at least 8 teaspoons in it and who knows how many calories.

After the beach I'm buying some German beer to flush out that crap. 

I can't wait to see all the women wearing barely nothing on the beach. So hot!!!
ha...flush out the crap.. ;D yes you canīt beat German Beer. itīs still strictly brewed here. They donīt throw all the other things you get in say British Beers...although some smaller breweries in England make some good beers too. first time i drunk good Bavarian Beer was Ski Training in Bavaria with the Army... was crazy out your skull on the slopes :D. they stopped us drinking after a guy broke a leg. He shouted BANZAI and went down an advanced hill run(were colour coded for difficulty). Young soldiers Beer and gluhwein donīt work out well on the slopes. Oh well...you soon learn. ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2015, 07:02:56 AM »
hey Rich.. if you are feeling rough today get a bottle of this down your neck.. ;D

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2015, 07:07:28 AM »
weather is changing all the time today. was stormy for a while now the sun is out again. contemplating getting my mountain bike out and going for a cycle. heard there is a Market on today in Celle. might go and look see if any nice Blond babes are around. seem to be getting a thing about Blonds at the moment 8)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2015, 08:55:11 AM »
yeah need a new mod on there.  ;)
The mods over there do a great job keeping the riff raff under control.
No lifting today, chilling with the family.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!