Author Topic: NFL Thread  (Read 111224 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
NFL Thread
« on: August 17, 2015, 06:43:18 AM »
Official thread.  Will keep bumping when they're winning, whilst shizzo will keep bumping during the losses.  I have another Ravens/Pats playoff matchup for this year.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
Re: NFL Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »
Fuck the Pats.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 04:27:52 AM »
Patriots kind of had a shitty offseason, especially in regards to their secondary.

But all that's been lost in the deflategate garbage.
Y

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 10:40:54 AM »
Pats, team full of rookies... I no longer worry though with Bill at the Helm! Fuck the Ravens!! (Kidding, kind of)  :D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 06:31:15 PM »
Patriots kind of had a shitty offseason, especially in regards to their secondary.

But all that's been lost in the deflategate garbage.

Be happy Lee Evans dropped that TD in the AFCCG in 2011, or it would've been a repeat of 2000  ;D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 07:36:46 PM »
Third preseason game tomorrow. Big night for Joe Cool. Going to be without a few starters though. Hoping Breshad has at least 700yds this season.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 06:04:01 AM »
First team looked stellar.  Steve Smith showing he's still a viable number one. Question marks at back up running back, and back ups on defense in general. Stoked to see what Crockett Gilmore will do. I have him as a sleeper pick for a good fantasy tight end.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 06:00:57 PM »
Irongrip, how did it feel for your Ravens to blow two, 14 point leads against the Patriots? That had to be a devastating loss.

I still can't believe the Patriots won the superbowl.  That was a very stressful ending to that game, but I wouldn't change anything since they pulled it out in the end.

I am very pleased with the Brady/Belichick era. You can't complain about 4 superbowl wins and six overall appearances during that timeframe.

It will be very interesting to see what happens when Brady, Belichick, and Kraft are no longer there.  :-\

It was a kick in the guy, because I actually thought they were going to win. I don't know what it is, but they always seem to play great games against each other, and like I said, I see it again this year. I have my annual $100 laid down on Baltimore to win it all this year.

I'm not sure they would have beaten Seattle by I'm pretty sure they beat the Giants had Lee Evans not been a douche.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 09:04:17 AM »
Surprised at some of the cuts, especially Asa Jackson. I don't trust Campanaro as a return man. Maybe Oz finds someone of the scrap heap this week.

Man, now that UPINTHEMGUTS doesn't post anymore, I have zero people on the bandwagon. Shizz, there's still room bro.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 05:59:40 PM »
I'm hoping that this was just two good defenses playing each other. I'd hate to think Peyton fell off that much. That said, sucks to see Suggs go down for the season.

Oh, hey Irongrip, didn't see you in this thread. How you doing?  ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 07:04:51 AM »
Hey you fuckers.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 07:15:07 AM »
The Patriots will be getting a tough test in week 2. They have to travel to Buffalo, and play the Bills.

a Rex Ryan defense usually plays stout D against the Patriots, and the Patriots definitely have to worry about the weapons that Buffalo has with Watkins, McCoy, Harvin, Clay etc......

The Patriots can no longer be automatically penciled in as division winners  :-[

AFC East is undefeated.

What about the real possibility of the Seahawks starting 0-2? They have to play in Green Bay on sunday night  :-X

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »
I'm hoping that this was just two good defenses playing each other. I'd hate to think Peyton fell off that much. That said, sucks to see Suggs go down for the season.

Oh, hey Irongrip, didn't see you in this thread. How you doing?  ;D

Suggs loss could hurt.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 02:53:29 PM »
Mariota was incredible.  Aside from the fact he has all the tools, I'm thinking the pace of the Oregon offense made his transition to the NFL easier.  Only one game, but he looked pretty darn good. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »
Suggs loss could hurt.

Yes, Upshaw has like four sacks for his career. Hopefully Oz picked another diamond in the rough in Z Smith. Shizz, beware the Bills...

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 03:43:12 PM »
So Eli Manning (not Coughlin) told Rashad Jennings (Giants RB) to purposely not score, late in the 4th quarter, when a touchdown would have put them up 10 with only a few minutes left? What on earth was he thinking!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13656963/rashad-jennings-new-york-giants-says-was-told-not-score-end-dallas-cowboys-game

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 04:58:12 PM »
So Eli Manning (not Coughlin) told Rashad Jennings (Giants RB) to purposely not score, late in the 4th quarter, when a touchdown would have put them up 10 with only a few minutes left? What on earth was he thinking!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13656963/rashad-jennings-new-york-giants-says-was-told-not-score-end-dallas-cowboys-game

He wasn't thinking.  He totally screwed up.

And, like a man, he admitted it.  Didn't deny, and cause speculation only to get off on a technicality.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 05:04:03 PM »
He wasn't thinking.  He totally screwed up.

And, like a man, he admitted it.  Didn't deny, and cause speculation only to get off on a technicality.
Lol, come on. Why did you have to bring Brady into it?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »
Lol, come on. Why did you have to bring Brady into it?

Because Manning / Coughlin were so stupid I had to deflect.

I equate this to what Carroll did in the SB, just giving the game away when there was no reason to....and they messed up on so many levels - telling Jennings not to score, pass play on 3rd, kicking FG on 4th, then squib kick, the prevent D.............colossal series of mistakes.  Changing any one of them gives them a cheap win they didn't deserve overall.

Eli said he thought Dallas was out of TOs when he told Jennings that....thought he would take two knees and that would be it.....but still, after that.......huge mistake.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 05:09:17 PM »
Because Manning / Coughlin were so stupid I had to deflect.

I equate this to what Carroll did in the SB, just giving the game away when there was no reason to....and they messed up on so many levels - telling Jennings not to score, pass play on 3rd, kicking FG on 4th, then squib kick, the prevent D.............colossal series of mistakes.  Changing any one of them gives them a cheap win they didn't deserve overall.

Eli said he thought Dallas was out of TOs when he told Jennings that....thought he would take two knees and that would be it.....but still, after that.......huge mistake.
Keep the faith man. You never know with that division. The Giants can beat the Falcons at home, and Philly and Dallas play each other.

You guys really need Cruz back. You 3rd receiver can't catch for shit either.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 06:54:37 PM »
Keep the faith man. You never know with that division. The Giants can beat the Falcons at home, and Philly and Dallas play each other.

You guys really need Cruz back. You 3rd receiver can't catch for shit either.

Parker?  Yeah, he sucks. And they cut Jones for him (who caught two TDs from Rodgers).
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2015, 06:58:27 PM »
Parker?  Yeah, he sucks. And they cut Jones for him (who caught two TDs from Rodgers).
Yeah, that looks to be a terrible decision. Although, Eli wouldn't have had the same rapport with Jones, as Rodgers does. They have years worth of chemistry.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2015, 03:44:07 AM »
Yeah, that looks to be a terrible decision. Although, Eli wouldn't have had the same rapport with Jones, as Rodgers does. They have years worth of chemistry.

After the JPP incident and the slew of injuries pre-season, I wasn't really jazzed up for this year in football.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2015, 06:00:40 AM »
Maybe, but the Giants backed into the playoffs in '07 and '11. You dont necessarily want them to have a great regular season. The Giants arent particularly good at front running.

You just want them to make the dance.

I'm not a big believer that this is a special "skill" they possess.  It just happend.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2015, 10:03:30 AM »
Ravens just signed Babin and his two sacks from last year.