Author Topic: Batista returns and attacks Ric Flair on his 70th bday  (Read 9400 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Batista returns and attacks Ric Flair on his 70th bday
« on: February 26, 2019, 01:06:55 PM »
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Batista has made his return to the flagship show of the WWE, Monday Night RAW. During Monday’s episode of the red branded show, the pro wrestling veteran made an appearance for the birthday celebration of WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair.

This is where Flair was about to walk out to the ring for his celebration but we see Batista dragging a cameraman to the locker room of Flair and he pulled out the pro wrestling legendary who had been attacked. He asked Triple H if he got his attention and then left. This closed the show. It has been rumored for months that the "animal" had been set to wrestle HHH at this years WM.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Batista returns and attacks Ric Flair on his 70th bday
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 06:35:44 AM »
I'm surprised they're trying Batista again.

Didn't his last "big return" majorly flop?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 05:27:04 AM »
I'm surprised they're trying Batista again.

Didn't his last "big return" majorly flop?
It did because they brought him back as a face which went against the grain. This time, looks like they played their cards smart. I'm actually excited.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 09:31:34 PM »
Batista has that "look" that just screams monster heel.  But he never delivers.   And the ackward hunched over his knees position when he drops someone with an impact move that has him falling to the mat with them is unforgiveable. 

WTF?   Vince had a ready made monster heel in Braun.  What happened.  If he needed another he has Bobby Lashley that could have recycled the Mark Henry monster gig.  But instead they put Bobby in there as a head band wearing face to start with. 

Fuckheads can't right angles any more.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 01:48:02 PM »
Never been a Batista fan. All he had was the look. No mic or wrestling skills. Same old song and dance here with HHH. He'll get the best entrance of the night and beat Batista. Once the match gets announced I'll take the dogs out for a walk. I cannot see myself ever watching another HHH match for the rest of my life. Saw him training at my NYC gym but didn't have to sack to tell him how much I hate him.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 10:19:05 AM »
Never been a Batista fan. All he had was the look. No mic or wrestling skills. Same old song and dance here with HHH. He'll get the best entrance of the night and beat Batista. Once the match gets announced I'll take the dogs out for a walk. I cannot see myself ever watching another HHH match for the rest of my life. Saw him training at my NYC gym but didn't have to sack to tell him how much I hate him.

I wouldn't go that far. Go back to his feud with the Undertaker in 2007. To me, that was the main event at WM23 (it was supposed to be, based on the Rumble angle) and was a better match than Cena vs. Michaels. When two big men can deliver moves and get the crowd roaring the way 'Taker and Batista did, that's saying something.

I saw it the day it happened; so I remembered the crowd booing Batista, which is dubbed out on the DVD (My son got me the DVD for my birthday, not knowing that I saw it on PPV live and taped in on Armed Forces Network, after the replay during my military days).

Given Helmsley's injuries (from that DX vs. Taker & Kane match at Crown Jewel), maybe it's THT time for the Game. Of course, they'll hype up, as they did on RAW, that Helmsley has never beaten Batista one-on-one on PPV.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 10:22:42 AM »
I wouldn't go that far. Go back to his feud with the Undertaker in 2007. To me, that was the main event at WM23 (it was supposed to be, based on the Rumble angle) and was a better match than Cena vs. Michaels. When two big men can deliver moves and get the crowd roaring the way 'Taker and Batista did, that's saying something.

I saw it the day it happened; so I remembered the crowd booing Batista, which is dubbed out on the DVD (My son got me the DVD for my birthday, not knowing that I saw it on PPV live and taped in on Armed Forces Network, after the replay during my military days).

Given Helmsley's injuries (from that DX vs. Taker & Kane match at Crown Jewel), maybe it's THT time for the Game. Of course, they'll hype up, as they did on RAW, that Helmsley has never beaten Batista one-on-one on PPV.

I think Batista's a little old to get the "passing the torch" nod.

If he does, I suspect it's to set up a future (short-term) feud. Nothing more.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 10:26:09 AM »

I think Batista's a little old to get the "passing the torch" nod.

If he does, I suspect it's to set up a future (short-term) feud. Nothing more.

I agree that Batista is too old; but Helmsley is no spring chicken, either. And, he's still smarting injuries from Crown Jewel.

Given how Flair, HBK and 'Taker (to a degree) decided to do their swan songs at WMs 24, 26, and 33, respectively, I figure Triple H might go the same route.....UNLESS he wants a win just to get that "You've never beaten me" deal off Batista.

I'm no fan of going to a big event, just to watch my favorite guy lose and retire. That's why I didn't go to WrestleMania 33 even though the Citrus Bowl is 15-20 minutes away from my house and I had the money to go.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 06:32:33 AM »
I agree that Batista is too old; but Helmsley is no spring chicken, either. And, he's still smarting injuries from Crown Jewel.

Given how Flair, HBK and 'Taker (to a degree) decided to do their swan songs at WMs 24, 26, and 33, respectively, I figure Triple H might go the same route.....UNLESS he wants a win just to get that "You've never beaten me" deal off Batista.

I'm no fan of going to a big event, just to watch my favorite guy lose and retire. That's why I didn't go to WrestleMania 33 even though the Citrus Bowl is 15-20 minutes away from my house and I had the money to go.
Wow, I would have went for sure  :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 02:04:05 PM »
Wow, I would have went for sure  :)

Not under those circumstances. You may recall I DID go to WM24 back in 2008. I was very close to that pyro accident when the rocket didn’t zip toward the ring and fell into the crowd (after the Edge-Taker world title match).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 05:44:41 AM »
Not under those circumstances. You may recall I DID go to WM24 back in 2008. I was very close to that pyro accident when the rocket didn’t zip toward the ring and fell into the crowd (after the Edge-Taker world title match).
I remember you mentioning that and actually seeing it on youtube. That's one of the reasons they do not do pyro anymore at regular shows and especially since the Undertaker scorched himself in fire at the Elimination Chamber. That's crazy. They look like they are keeping the WM pyro more near the top of the ramp and away from the crowd. Crazy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 02:53:24 PM »
I remember you mentioning that and actually seeing it on youtube. That's one of the reasons they do not do pyro anymore at regular shows and especially since the Undertaker scorched himself in fire at the Elimination Chamber. That's crazy. They look like they are keeping the WM pyro more near the top of the ramp and away from the crowd. Crazy.

They have some pyro at the top of the stadium. But it's straight up in the air, not heading towards to the ring ala WM24. Wasn't there a PPV or Raw where Kane's pyro went off when Undertaker hit the ring and motioned for the lights, nearly burning the Deadman's face?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 04:48:01 AM »
They have some pyro at the top of the stadium. But it's straight up in the air, not heading towards to the ring ala WM24. Wasn't there a PPV or Raw where Kane's pyro went off when Undertaker hit the ring and motioned for the lights, nearly burning the Deadman's face?

Was an Elimination Chamber PPV a few years ago. It was his own piro that scaled him hard. Remember he had flames at the top of the ramp as he was walking out (which made no sense)? As he was walking the flames went off and burned him bad. He literally was seen ripping his burned leather coat off and running to the ring. Props to him for staying in that match as he was getting water bottles constantly send to him to pour over the burns on his arms and torso. He chewed out the piro guy back stage hard.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 02:18:49 PM »
Was an Elimination Chamber PPV a few years ago. It was his own piro that scaled him hard. Remember he had flames at the top of the ramp as he was walking out (which made no sense)? As he was walking the flames went off and burned him bad. He literally was seen ripping his burned leather coat off and running to the ring. Props to him for staying in that match as he was getting water bottles constantly send to him to pour over the burns on his arms and torso. He chewed out the piro guy back stage hard.

Not that one. I remember the Elimination Chamber one. This was on Raw. Taker was on the steps of the ring. When he raised his hands for the lights, Kane’s ring post pyro went off, inches from the Deadman’s face.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 04:23:41 AM »
Not that one. I remember the Elimination Chamber one. This was on Raw. Taker was on the steps of the ring. When he raised his hands for the lights, Kane’s ring post pyro went off, inches from the Deadman’s face.
Holy shit....I don't remember seeing that one but I'll bet someone got fired over that one.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 08:28:25 PM »
Holy shit....I don't remember seeing that one but I'll bet someone got fired over that one.

Here it is.