Author Topic: Muscle Beach now a homeless dump  (Read 6563 times)

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Muscle Beach now a homeless dump
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2021, 07:41:38 PM »
It's cheaper to eat crap in America than it is to eat healthy. Yes, you can make an argument that a can of beans and a wad of spinach cost less than a box of captain crunch, but when you're talking about how people consume food in the real world- calorie density, convenience, enjoyability- it's way easier to get stuff that will  make you fat and contribute to poor health.

But this logic goes against what I've learned on Getbig, a calorie is just a calorie.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2021, 03:53:20 AM »
Poor people are fat for the same reason as affluent people.

Eat too much.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2021, 06:11:01 AM »

Eat too much.

The affluent aren't fat generally though. The poor and fat may be both poor and fat due to poor genes in a general way,
Highly intelligent people are generally thinner from what I understand. This is heretical thinking in this day and age.

I always believe in genes first and foremost when it comes to any human behavior.

I am fat.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2021, 06:31:50 AM »

Eat too much.

When you're poor it's called "lacking self control". When you're rich it's called "over indulgence".

However I don't completely agree with your statement. It's not just about eating too much in general, but the types of foods they eat. Poor people eat too much processed garbage and affluent people eat too much rich food.  End result, poor and affluent people often share the same lifestyle illnesses because of their diets.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2021, 06:50:00 AM »
The affluent aren't fat generally though. The poor and fat may be both poor and fat due to poor genes in a general way,
Highly intelligent people are generally thinner from what I understand. This is heretical thinking in this day and age.

I always believe in genes first and foremost when it comes to any human behavior.

I am fat.

Fat as in fat or just chunky? :D

Tjock som Henrik Schyffert eller Leif GW Persson? :D
Q

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2021, 08:49:22 AM »
Affluent people eat too many carbs also.

It's the typical Western diet containing 50-60% carbs of which a lot is sugar.

There are lots of fat wealthy folks.  There are lots of skinny poor people.

The % of overweight poor compared to overweight affluent in the USA is within 5%.

Around 70% of the USA population is overweight using BMI standards.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2021, 02:52:34 PM »
But this logic goes against what I've learned on Getbig, a calorie is just a calorie.

;D

Eat too much.

Exactly

I am fat.

No way I'm believing that - joke, right?

When you're poor it's called "lacking self control". When you're rich it's called "over indulgence".

Quoted for truth
T

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2021, 08:53:32 PM »
All homeless people on Los Angeles' Skid Row must be offered housing by the fall, judge orders

All homeless people living on Los Angeles' Skid Row must be offered housing by October 18, a federal judge ordered Tuesday.

The order comes in response to a federal lawsuit filed last year by several citizens, business owners, and community leaders who argue officials have failed to address the homeless crisis in Los Angeles, as tents line full city blocks and makeshift shelters cramp under street overpasses.

"Los Angeles has lost its parks, beaches, schools, sidewalks, and highway systems due to the inaction of city and county officials who have left our homeless citizens with no other place to turn," US District Judge David Carter said in the 110-page brief.

The judge's filing follows on Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announcing his budget for the next fiscal year in which he vowed to dedicate $1 billion toward homelessness. In 2020 alone, 1,383 homeless people died, and an estimated five more die each day, according to data from the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA).

The order states specific actions for the public streets of Skid Row -- home to one of the nation's biggest concentrations of homeless people.

According to the brief, city and county officials must offer and provide shelter to Skid Row's general population within 180 days, on or before October 18, 2021. Unaccompanied women and children must be offered housing within 90 days.
Calling it an "unprecedented pace," Garcetti said Tuesday he would not comment on the order before fully understanding how the judge envisions the timeline successfully happening.

Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer also withheld comment on the plan. "We just received this massive order from Judge Carter," Feuer said at a press conference. "We are reviewing it as I speak today, and we'll have more to say about it in the near future, but today I will just indicate that we're still analyzing the court's ruling."

Carter's order is an urgent move to "restructure and reform" the housing needs in Los Angeles, according to the brief. The judge criticized various California officials for not "making enough effort" to fund effective solutions in a timely manner.

"Despite frequent acknowledgments of the emergency nature of homelessness in L.A., city and county efforts to address the problem continue to be mired in corruption and plagued by a lack of transparency," Carter said. "Bureaucrats create statistics trumpeting their efficiency and success to the public, but none of this has led to accountability or solutions."

While funding has increased to various housing programs and initiatives, L.A.'s homeless population is steadily increasing as well, according to data produced by LAHSA. In 2020, more than 66,000 people in the Greater Los Angeles area were experiencing homelessness. In the past year, there was a 12.7% increase in the rate of people experiencing homelessness countywide, LAHSA data shows.

"All of the rhetoric, promises, plans, and budgeting cannot obscure the shameful reality of this crisis --that year after year, there are more homeless Angelenos, and year after year, more homeless Angelenos die on the streets," Carter said.
Carter's order comes nearly a year after another he made addressing homelessness. In May 2020, the judge ordered Los Angeles city and county to "humanely" relocate into a shelter homeless people living near freeway overpasses, underpasses and ramps, or provide "an alternative housing option."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/21/us/los-angeles-skid-row-housing-order/index.html?utm_term=1619000718661f8eaedd8e119&utm_source=cnn_Five+Things+for+Wednesday%2C+April+21%2C+2021&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1619000718662&bt_ee=F5OKx0IvOzaKAfmbyX4W5%2F0EByVbqkPzaHfT10w1M%2FZwubT2VBxzlciwcOgePHY%2F&bt_ts=1619000718662

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2021, 05:09:02 AM »

Eat too much.
Dumb people are dumb..because they are dumb..jackass !!

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2021, 05:20:52 AM »
T

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2021, 07:13:28 AM »
Dumb people are dumb..because they are dumb..jackass !!

Oh my!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2021, 07:32:10 AM »
That's a cool ebike the guy's got.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2021, 07:33:46 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2021, 07:39:19 AM »
Arnold's not stupid.  He sold his building in Venice and got out.

The bums will just move back into the handball courts again.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2021, 07:43:06 AM »
Arnold's not stupid.  He sold his building in Venice and got out.

NIMBY liberal types like Arnold never stick around to live in the mess they made. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2021, 08:10:02 AM »

I am fat.
Q

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2021, 09:16:39 AM »
NIMBY liberal types like Arnold never stick around to live in the mess they made.
Arnold  ::)   

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2021, 09:28:57 AM »

Sad on all counts. I feel for the homeless, as some suffer from mental health illness and have fallen into hard times. Likewise, it sucks that Venice Beach has turned into this. It's a beautiful spot for artsy folk, the mma scene, bodybuilding, hippies and free spirits that roam the area. To me, it always felt like NYCs "East Village" area, but by the beach. Soul Crusher, think of what St Marks Place between 3rd and 2nd Ave used to feel/look like in the 90s and early 2000s, that's the feel I always got from Venice Beach but with the luxury of the ocean being next to it. Again, for me Venice Beach was just a cool place to hang out at(particularly at night) the few times I visited.

Hopefully, things will get better.

"1"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2021, 04:57:28 PM »
So you just have to say you are eligible?

I believe you have to prove it. Just how, I have no idea. I don't live in California any longer. When I was 15 and applied for a driver's permit in order to take driving lessons, I had to show my birth certificate and my SS card.

Here is partial list of DMV acceptable documents.

* Social Security or military ID number

* Proof of your full and true name (full list of approved documents here )

* One document (original or certified) proving your birth date and legal presence (full list of approved documents here )

* Two documents proving your California residency (full list of approved documents here )

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2021, 06:57:44 PM »
I believe you have to prove it. Just how, I have no idea. I don't live in California any longer. When I was 15 and applied for a driver's permit in order to take driving lessons, I had to show my birth certificate and my SS card.

Here is partial list of DMV acceptable documents.

* Social Security or military ID number

* Proof of your full and true name (full list of approved documents here )

* One document (original or certified) proving your birth date and legal presence (full list of approved documents here )

* Two documents proving your California residency (full list of approved documents here )

Uh yeah, that was quite a while ago. A lot has changed for the worse since then.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2021, 07:11:04 PM »

Would gladly hit.  Tits are horribly small given the rest of her dimensions.  I wouldn't feel any remorse post-nut but I'd have a tough time engaging in more than a couple of outings with her.  At least until she decided to significantly bump up her tit size.