Author Topic: Michael Jackson vs. Elvis Presley: Who's more popular???  (Read 30216 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Michael Jackson vs. Elvis Presley: Who's more popular???
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 09:21:08 AM »
Elvis had sex with all the hottest WOMEN of the day....MJ liked to bang bubbles and 12yr old boys.....no contest....there is only one KING!

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 09:46:36 AM »
one is a white musical icon
one is a weird black pedophile

advantage Elvis

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »
one is a white musical icon
one is a weird black pedophile

advantage Elvis

This is true also.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 10:22:15 AM »
Elvis had sex with all the hottest WOMEN of the day....MJ liked to bang bubbles and 12yr old boys.....no contest....there is only one KING!

how true  lol
No Worries 4 me

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 10:39:27 AM »
You make a convincing argument. And let's not forget Elvis shot his tv, had a TCB motto and crashed the Nixon White House. Game. Set. Match.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »
Elvis was the man, plain and simple.

Absolutely agree!

Some people may like MJ better, but Elvis is the greatest ever. As someone else just said, he and his music have stood the test of time. People still listen to his music now and he is a true icon. We'll have to see if MJ can reach the same level of greatness in the future.

Elvis also had one of the best voices ever in my opinion. He also starred in several popular movies back then, its not even close.

MJ had his great dance moves for sure, but what a voice Elvis had.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 11:21:22 AM »

Hey dont call Lisa Marie bubbles ;D

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2010, 11:24:17 AM »
MJ ain't got nothing on Elvis!

This, to me, is Elvis' best song. Love it.  8)

Nothing MJ did ever came close to this. This isn't throwaway pop music. What a voice....

What a great song!

Elvis > MJ  end of discussion

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2010, 11:28:43 AM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »
Lol this thread is so american centric it hurts...Elvis or MJ in Britain the result isn't even close...Michael Jackson by a thousand million miles...Elvis is an icon but you'd be hard pushed to find many people that actually really like his music. its the kind of thing my dad might listen too  ;D

I dont know anybody that doesnt like Michael Jackson or cant instantly recognise his voice.

Absolute rubbish.

Its a generation question and relative.
Jackson died last year. Elvis died over 4 decades ago. Which is fresher in the minds of 'generation nothiness'? lol
Lets put it this way on Jackson's anniversary I didnt see any greater efforts of rememberance than Elvis's anniversary.
Remember MJ has only just gone 6ft under.

I wouldnt count that fake ass concert a fitting tribute.

Elvis clearly from a Uk point of view, i duno what its like world over.Nobodys been interested in jackson apart from seeing him live for about 20 years.His albums have been terrible in that time, and im saying that as a fan of his stuff.

I like the Chuck berry pic posted.Any of these 3 destroy prince though, why on earth wud anyone like that squeaky voiced midget? :-X

Agreed.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2010, 12:35:02 PM »
Elvis clearly from a Uk point of view, i duno what its like world over.Nobodys been interested in jackson apart from seeing him live for about 20 years.His albums have been terrible in that time, and im saying that as a fan of his stuff.

I like the Chuck berry pic posted.Any of these 3 destroy prince though, why on earth wud anyone like that squeaky voiced midget? :-X
More people around the world went apeshit over Mike. Only southern people, closet Klansmen, people who liked Elvis' movies, and overweight women like Elvis. Dude paved the way for the likes of Eminem---that is white people who do black music. Elvis made a career out of that, if he wasn't exposed to black music, he would have been a baby faced klansmen. Mike has beaten Elvis' sales several times over, by the 90s. Mike, was the shit as a child, Elvis was not. Mike was a natural performer---women got excited when all Elvis did was swivel his hips...

As far as Prince, more people have been conceived by Prince music than Mike's or Elvis' put together.
Go put on Pink Cashmere with a lady in the room...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »

mike - drums
elvis - nothing
chuck - guitar

prince - too many too list.  ::)

yeah...anybody on this face of this earth can produce a studio album to gold distribution level and 5-10 mil in sales, cover 32-64 trackes solo, produce, compose and arrange the whole thing in a basement...just bring in people to cover their parts than kick them out.

i'll take half his women n instrucments and i'm good to go.  

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2010, 12:44:42 PM »
You make a convincing argument. And let's not forget Elvis shot his tv, had a TCB motto and crashed the Nixon White House. Game. Set. Match.

Presley:

Crashed the White House and demanded to meet Nixon which he duly obliged within 36hrs.
He called the most powerful man in the western world, 'tricky dickie'. He was higher than mofo on pharmaceutical cocaine at the time.
He blagged an honourary FBI badge, never given to the public.
He collected police badges for fun and also had enough of a firearms arsenal to put a small country to shame.
He went undercover with the narc squad with several police depts on busts, again higher than a mofo.
He had two way mirrors installed in Graceland so he and the boys could rag on each other when they were putting the moves on with chicks.
He studied Karate.
He loved his mum.
He had old southern values.

Jackson:

Groomed and nonced.....

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2010, 12:47:12 PM »
Both had weight issues I the end. One became a obese posterchild. The other became a skinny recluse. And both died from drugs...what does his tell young people? Cheesburgers, pills and needles kill, so eat your veggies!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »
This man!

X

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »
Go put on Pink Cashmere with a hermephrodite in the room...

;D

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2010, 12:50:48 PM »
When Elivs died the world stopped and didn't want to believe it could be true.

When Michael died we all busted out our best pedophile jokes and his own father tried to find a way to milk one last dime out of his strange little son.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 12:51:13 PM »
Both had weight issues I the end. One became a obese posterchild. The other became a skinny recluse. And both died from drugs...what does his tell young people? Cheesburgers, pills and needles kill, so eat your veggies!

exactly....and the one who was suppose to be messed up...is

???

10 instruments, 25% of his talent and 5 of his women and i'm good to go to the next life.

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »
Even the heavyweight champ had to give his dues.
One cool cat:

d740

• Getbig I
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 12:55:23 PM »
didnt elvis groom a 14 year old girl in pricilla , as well as stealing all his music making him a karokae singer. so both peados who never wrote much music and are no real loss

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 12:58:27 PM »
exactly....and the one who was suppose to be messed up...is

???

10 instruments, 25% of his talent and 5 of his women and i'm good to go to the next life.
And thanks to Mike, he is the one that created the Modern Music Video...if it wasn't for him, none of our favorite music vids would exist.

Prince, till the End of Time...babies are still conceived to his music.
One time in college, this chick told us to turn down a Prince song. Why? "Because it's making me wet", she said, so we turned it up...too bad she was drunk off of The Ny...

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 01:01:29 PM »
didnt elvis groom a 14 year old girl in pricilla

You would if you werent hideous...

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »
You would if you werent hideous...
Wait a minute now, there were millions of legal age and hotter women women willing to give it up to Elvis, but he straight up pulled a R Kelly...which shows that like Kelly and Mike, they can't relate to normal adult women...what is up with musicians and 14 yr olds? It seems like that is the magical number.

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 01:17:37 PM »
Wait a minute now, there were millions of legal age and hotter women women willing to give it up to Elvis, but he straight up pulled a R Kelly...which shows that like Kelly and Mike, they can't relate to normal adult women...what is up with musicians and 14 yr olds? It seems like that is the magical number.

Jerry Lee out did them all and went incestuous as well as underage