Author Topic: Michael Jackson vs. Elvis Presley: Who's more popular???  (Read 30295 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Michael Jackson vs. Elvis Presley: Who's more popular???
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2016, 03:13:22 AM »
Elvis had a better voice, was better looking and didn't bugger adolescent boys.

Elvis > Jacko

He did bugger adolescent girls though

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2016, 03:21:17 AM »
elvih dint fuck lil boys up the ass and pay them millions after he got  caught

fuck jackson

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2016, 03:34:45 AM »
He did bugger adolescent girls though

TBF, all the rock stars from that era had fun with their young female groupies.

Jackson though was a manipulative abuser who hid his disturbing fetish of little boys behind a fake, saintly demeanor.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2016, 01:06:30 PM »
Mike...by a country Mile.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2016, 01:07:16 PM »
Mike...by a country Mile.

This.

Jackson is a world-wide phenomenon. Even in death.

Elvis is huge in the US. Still massive, but he doesn't have that world-wide following.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2016, 01:51:35 PM »
This.

Jackson is a world-wide phenomenon. Even in death.

Elvis is huge in the US. Still massive, but he doesn't have that world-wide following.
he's not even that big in the us, he's big in the south

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2016, 02:12:57 PM »
By sales, it's still Elvis by a good bit. Elvis had great popularity in America, Western Europe, even bits of the Eastern Bloc, and Asia. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if MJ is judged more popular in the next few decades, he still sound a bit fresher in my opinion.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2016, 03:25:05 AM »
It's irrelevant because neither one is as popular as Jay Cutler.

Proof? I was in Barbados last month and a local saw me and came up to me and started a conversation about Jay Cutler. Not MJ, not Elvis, but Jay Cutler. 

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2023, 08:36:38 PM »
Michael Jackson's nephew Jaafar Jackson to play the King of Pop in Antoine Fuqua-directed biopic

The upcoming Michael Jackson biopic has found its King of Pop.

Director Antoine Fuqua (Emancipation) revealed on Instagram Monday morning that Jackson's nephew, Jaafar Jackson, will play the iconic musician in the upcoming Michael.

"Proud to announce @jafaarjackson as Michael — the motion picture event that explores the journey of the man who became the King of Pop. Coming soon," Fuqua wrote alongside a photo of Jaafar practicing some of Michael's legendary moves in a very familiar outfit.

Michael is the latest in a recent trend of musician biopics that have so far fared well with both audiences and awards bodies. Baz Luhrmann's Elvis, for example, netted eight Oscar nominations last week, with star Austin Butler a strong contender to win Best Actor. In 2019, Rami Malek earned that very trophy for his portrayal of Queen frontman Freddie Mercury in Bohemian Rhapsody. It's no surprise that one of the producers behind Bohemian Rhapsody, Graham King, is also working on Michael.

Closer to home, the jukebox musical MJ The Musical has been successful on Broadway, grossing millions in ticket sales and earning lead actor Myles Frost the award for Best Actor in a Musical at the 2022 Tony Awards.

Deadline reports that the film "will not shy away from the controversies of Jackson's life," most notably the multiple allegations of child sexual abuse (for which Jackson was tried and acquitted in 2005). A decade after Jackson's 2009 death at the age of 50, those allegations were explored in the HBO documentary Leaving Neverland, in which Wade Robson and James Safechuck alleged that Jackson sexually molested them for years when they were children. The Jackson estate has called those allegations "absolutely false."

Those interested in Jaafar's talents can check out the music video for his 2019 song "Got Me Singing," which has more than 8 million views on YouTube.

https://ew.com/movies/michael-jackson-nephew-jafaar-jackson-antoine-fuqua-biopic/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=63d80bd2056e600001ada5ba&fbclid=IwAR2qE5yK7Gayf5Gl537eHE5NgmQkwc162GT-SoDm0P-XRCeOS5p9Tv7xxCM

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2023, 04:33:50 AM »
Elvis by far will have the more enduring legacy.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2023, 07:16:01 AM »
Worldwide? Michael Jackson easily.

You can still hear his songs on generic radio stations.

You'd have to get real specific to find channels playing Elvis stuff.

I was born in 1981, and besides that my parents didnt listen to Elvis. From the little I've heard of his songs, I wouldn't be a fan of that type of music anyway, so that really isn't an idictment on him.

But what about Prince? Now that he's been dead for a few years now, let's throw him in the conversation.

In popularity, he is a distant third compared to Elvis and Mike. However, seeing how well he played the guitar, look it up, he rivals the best ever. And that he played multiple instruments, starred in a successful movie, and wrote the majority of his songs....dude was a fucking legend in his own right. To top it all off his voice wasn't that far off from Elvis or Mike's either.

Look up Prince playing guitar. He was literally one of the best ever. Did Elvis play instruments? Did Mike? However MJ's music catalog destroys Prince's.

Michael Jackson's music will definitely have a longer shelf life than Elvis or Prince.

You can see it right now on the radio.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2023, 08:31:45 AM »

I was born in 1981, and besides that my parents didnt listen to Elvis. From the little I've heard of his songs, I wouldn't be a fan of that type of music anyway, so that really isn't an idictment on him.

But what about Prince? Now that he's been dead for a few years now, let's throw him in the conversation.

In popularity, he is a distant third compared to Elvis and Mike. However, seeing how well he played the guitar, look it up, he rivals the best ever. And that he played multiple instruments, starred in a successful movie, and wrote the majority of his songs....dude was a fucking legend in his own right. To top it all off his voice wasn't that far off from Elvis or Mike's either.

Look up Prince playing guitar. He was literally one of the best ever. Did Elvis play instruments? Did Mike? However MJ's music catalog destroys Prince's.

Michael Jackson's music will definitely have a longer shelf life than Elvis or Prince.

No.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2023, 09:24:04 AM »
No.
No to what? Reading comprehension is the key.

What are you saying no about?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2023, 09:43:54 AM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2023, 09:47:18 AM »

Elvis for sure, songs were written about him.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2023, 09:54:17 AM »
F

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2023, 09:56:05 AM »

8:19  8)

;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2023, 09:58:02 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2023, 10:13:12 AM »
No to what? Reading comprehension is the key.

What are you saying no about?

Exactly.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2023, 10:22:36 AM »
Exactly.
I said he was a distant third to Michael and Elvis.

However,  I think he is far more talented than Elvis, MJ has him on the songs and on the entertainment value (dancing) but was he more talented? I guess it's up to choice. Do you consider a dancer to hold up to one of the best guitarists in history?

I'd still personally pick MJ. He has the catalogue, and the entertainment value that rivals, nobody.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2023, 01:15:23 PM »

Elvis for sure, songs were written about him.

Phil is the only black man I accept as Irish. And Paul McGrath

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2023, 10:59:26 PM »
Who is more popular is a tough question. Who deserves to be more popular, I'd say Elvis. But MJ is more current  and may give him the edge in polls. But If I was a betting man, I would side with Elvis

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2023, 11:01:06 PM »
Prince was more talented than both Elvis and MJ combined.  Prince could sing, dance and by Eric Clapton's estimation was the greatest guitar player he'd ever seen.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2023, 11:05:47 PM »
Prince was more talented than both Elvis and MJ combined.  Prince could sing, dance and by Eric Clapton's estimation was the greatest guitar player he'd ever seen.

Its really a tough call. Elvis was 50's 60's 70's. What he did was inarguably cutting edge. mj and Prince, phenomenal talents.  That's kind of why I side with a few of my friends who hate making art a contest...

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2023, 11:18:17 PM »
Its really a tough call. Elvis was 50's 60's. What he did was inarguably cutting edge. mj and Prince, phenomenal talents.  That's kind of why I side with a few of my friends who hate making art a contest...

I was going overboard on Prince.  But I've wondered for years about what Prince's popularity would have been like had Michael Jackson never existed.  I agree with your friends on making art a contest.  Different strokes for different folks.