Author Topic: Twitter dead, Elon broke by end of 2023  (Read 12927 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Twitter dead, Elon broke by end of 2023
« on: December 18, 2022, 04:54:13 PM »
Title is (partly) an exaggeration, but Twitter has been a categorical mess for the last few days. 

Musk is trying to raise more investor funding at the inflated price he paid for the company.  Revenue and ad serve pages have plummeted, not only faster than anyone predicted, but at a pace that did not even seem possible a few months ago.

Until recently, I was 40/60 on whether he could shock everyone and turn it around, but I read that he's banning  links to other social media sites. I'm sure this will be reversed soon, after it drives twitter a little bit further into the ground, but to me, this was the clearest sign that he just doesn't understand social media enough to actually make it profitable. Being able to promote accounts on other platforms is a basic, vital  feature .

We can throw the idea that he's sly like a fox out the window. He's cashed in $40bn in Tesla stock as the stock plummets and major investors call for him to step down as ceo.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Twitter dead, Elon broke by end of 2023
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2022, 05:04:09 PM »
Not my kind of chart. Still at about a 45 PE coming into an economic slowdown. Not a good environment for an extravagant discretionary product like a Tesla.

Don’t know why he had such a hard on for Twitter. It was always shit.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2022, 05:11:50 PM »
Title is (partly) an exaggeration, but Twitter has been a categorical mess for the last few days. 

Musk is trying to raise more investor funding at the inflated price he paid for the company.  Revenue and ad serve pages have plummeted, not only faster than anyone predicted, but at a pace that did not even seem possible a few months ago.

Until recently, I was 40/60 on whether he could shock everyone and turn it around, but I read that he's banning  links to other social media sites. I'm sure this will be reversed soon, after it drives twitter a little bit further into the ground, but to me, this was the clearest sign that he just doesn't understand social media enough to actually make it profitable. Being able to promote accounts on other platforms is a basic, vital  feature .

We can throw the idea that he's sly like a fox out the window. He's cashed in $40bn in Tesla stock as the stock plummets and major investors call for him to step down as ceo.

You also previously said Canadian hospitals, and hospitals in general, were "overwhelmed", and you were completely wrong.

Let's do the math, AL Doggity:

Thus far, in the 1,059 days since Canada's first Covid case on 2020-01-25, Canada has had:

193,683 hospitalizations for Covid.
29,844 ICU admissions for Covid.

^ Spread over 1,300 hospitals.

Now for those of you who understand long division:

That's 149 hospitalizations and 23 ICU admissions.
...over 1,059 days. Per hospital.

That works out to ONE additional hospitalization every SEVEN DAYS, and one additional ICU patient every 46 DAYS - PER HOSPITAL.

Hospitals were NEVER overwhelmed. Ever. Absolute lie.

So why should I trust you now, AL Doggity? 🐶

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 05:12:44 PM »
Twitter is a corporation I assume so if it goes bottoms up it really doesn't affect Musk beyond what he's invested, which is considerably less than what is claimed.

Tesla was always way overpriced so it is now becoming more fairly valued.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 05:38:30 PM »
You also previously said Canadian hospitals, and hospitals in general, were "overwhelmed", and you were completely wrong.

Let's do the math, AL Doggity:

Thus far, in the 1,059 days since Canada's first Covid case on 2020-01-25, Canada has had:

193,683 hospitalizations for Covid.
29,844 ICU admissions for Covid.

^ Spread over 1,300 hospitals.

Now for those of you who understand long division:

That's 149 hospitalizations and 23 ICU admissions.
...over 1,059 days. Per hospital.

That works out to ONE additional hospitalization every SEVEN DAYS, and one additional ICU patient every 46 DAYS - PER HOSPITAL.

Hospitals were NEVER overwhelmed. Ever. Absolute lie.

So why should I trust you now, AL Doggity? 🐶

What I said was that  staffing shortages were one of  the major driving factor in hospitals being overwhelmed, and why dividing number of total hospital beds by total number of patients was a stupid way to figure out capacity, because  A)patient intake surges and ebbs B)nurses can only care for so many beds effectively C) Covid patients were never the only patients in hospitals, much less ICUs D) all hospitals attempt to operate significantly under capacity among multiple other points.

I wouldn't expect you to "trust" me , because with the reasoning you've shown in previous threads, I'm sure you've deduced that since Musk paid $40bln for twitter, then twitter is worth $40billion and should the company run into financial problems he can just sell his $40bln asset to fix them.  ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2022, 05:44:10 PM »
Twitter is a corporation I assume so if it goes bottoms up it really doesn't affect Musk beyond what he's invested, which is considerably less than what is claimed.

Tesla was always way overpriced so it is now becoming more fairly valued.

Musk's net worth is based primarily on Tesla stock and tesla stock is largely  based  the Myth of Musk (as you somewhat obliquely acknowledged.) The  twitter problem for Elon is that the more he fucks up twitter, the more the curtain is pulled back on how much his other businesses are smoke and mirrors. That's where his image and net worth will really take a hit.

Not my kind of chart. Still at about a 45 PE coming into an economic slowdown. Not a good environment for an extravagant discretionary product like a Tesla.

Don’t know why he had such a hard on for Twitter. It was always shit.

I don't think he realized just how limited Twitter was. He tweeted something about twitter having the highest clickthrough rate. He though he was getting a company that was comparable in influence to facebook, but the business model does not lend itself to monetizing easily. On top of that, he clearly does not understand that one of the hardest things about international media brands is adhering to local laws in the markets they operate in.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2022, 05:46:51 PM »
It’s bad for him. He’ll still be rich but he’s going to take a beating. He looks like he bought Twitter to be able to rant and troll people.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2022, 05:59:00 PM »
Yeah fuck Musk.

Guy's interested in free speech.  1st amendment.  Must be some kind of a fucking asshole. Can you believe he wanted to expose the link between the government and social media? Not to mention expose the propaganda and censorship. Only a real asshole would want to do something like that.

I want to be misled by big tech and deprived of basic freedoms by the government god dammit. I demand it! And im not gonna let some guy like musk try to stop it.

Im with you Al!

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2022, 06:01:29 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2022, 06:05:05 PM »
Probaly a great investment at 150
A

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2022, 06:09:35 PM »
What I said was that  staffing shortages were one of  the major driving factor in hospitals being overwhelmed, and why dividing number of total hospital beds by total number of patients was a stupid way to figure out capacity, because  A)patient intake surges and ebbs B)nurses can only care for so many beds effectively C) Covid patients were never the only patients in hospitals, much less ICUs D) all hospitals attempt to operate significantly under capacity among multiple other points.

I wouldn't expect you to "trust" me , because with the reasoning you've shown in previous threads, I'm sure you've deduced that since Musk paid $40bln for twitter, then twitter is worth $40billion and should the company run into financial problems he can just sell his $40bln asset to fix them.  ::)

Even if you multiplied the number of patients by 10, the hospitals would never have been overwhelmed. It was all bullshit. One new patient a week isn't "overwhelmed", nor would 10 new patients each week be.

Hospitals were in fact empty.

How come you no longer wear a mask, AL Doggity?

Because you realized your own position was wrong.

So why should I trust you now?

You lied to me.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2022, 06:41:00 PM »
Musk is probably controlled opp...never made a profit on any company after Paypal and every company is cozy with fedgov.

Sometimes when you hear things you want to hear at these levels it may be to keep others from speaking up en masse.

In any case the formula appears the same as any other person in the "big club" as Carlin put it.

Unless you think they just let a private guy take over for NASA, LOL.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2022, 06:46:52 PM »
Maybe Elon was willing to pay to learn and expose the truth about the FBI and Twitter censorship and once he’s released all of the info, he’ll be satisfied and will sell the company back to the libtards.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2022, 07:08:34 PM »
Maybe Elon was willing to pay to learn and expose the truth about the FBI and Twitter censorship and once he’s released all of the info, he’ll be satisfied and will sell the company back to the libtards.

Oddly... exposing it probably really won't make a difference.  Those people smsrt enough to think for themselves already knew about the censorship. It was obvious. Liberal ideology is like a cult now. Even after the truth is known they'll still continue to support it.

NoPEDsNoBB

• Getbig IV
  • ........Ya!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2022, 07:10:48 PM »
I'm glad. I don't like and trust this fella. I wish him nothing but the worst.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2022, 07:13:14 PM »
It’s bad for him. He’ll still be rich but he’s going to take a beating. He looks like he bought Twitter to be able to rant and troll people.

Musk is cut from a different cloth, but what he says, I tend to believe.  For example, he believes we should have as many kids as possible to prevent depopulation, and he's doing just that.

So when he says what Twitter was doing was a threat to democracy and needs to be exposed, I believe that  too.

Have you been reading the email releases through Weiss and Taibbi?  He is showing that leadership at Twitter was doing exactly what was thought - manipulating content under the guise of an independent algorithm. Likely for political purposes.

Also exposes hypocrisy - grown ass adults losing their shit over a few suspensions, who were all silent when the Post was being suppressed.

Does he have some Trump like pettiness?  Seems like it, and I'd like him to stop, but I honestly think he believes he is doing the right thing.
Y

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2022, 07:27:03 PM »
His dad is cut from a different cloth as well:

Errol Musk (born 1946) is a South African electromechanical engineer, pilot, sailor, consultant, and property developer who was once a co-owner of a Zambian emerald mine near Lake Tanganyika.

He is the father of business magnate and billionaire Elon Musk, restaurateur Kimbal Musk, and filmmaker Tosca Musk. He was married to Maye Musk and also to Heide Bezuidenhout, and has two children with Bezuidenhout's daughter Jana Bezuidenhout.

Errol Musk was married to Heide Bezuidenhout for eighteen years and helped her raise her young daughter Jana Bezuidenhout, a child from a previous relationship. At the time of their marriage, Jana Bezuidenhout was only four years old and lived together with them. Later in life, after splitting from Heide Bezuidenhout, he fathered two children with her daughter (his former step-daughter) Jana Bezuidenhout; a son born in 2017 and a daughter born in 2019. Musk described the first child as unplanned. At the time of their daughter's birth, according to The Times, Musk was 72 and Jana Bezuidenhout was 30 years old. As of 2022, Musk and Jana Bezuidenhout were no longer living together...

Again, this is "Big Club" stuff...

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2022, 07:36:02 PM »

Again, this is "Big Club" stuff...

Is Woody Allen the president of this club?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2022, 07:40:53 PM »
Is Woody Allen the president of this club?

Did you say President?

"The diary’s most newsworthy moments are suggestive but stop short of making any concrete allegations against Ashley Biden’s father. In the most-often quoted passage, she writes, “Hyper-sexualized @ a young age. What is this due to? Was I molested. I think so – I can’t remember specifics but I do remember trauma – I remember not liking the woolzacks house; I remember somewhat being sexualized with [a cousin]; I remember having sex with Friends @ a young age; showers w/my dad (probably not appropriate). Being turned on when I wasn’t supposed to be.”

https://theintercept.com/2022/09/07/project-veritas-ashley-biden-diary-leak/

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2022, 07:53:35 PM »
Yeah he thought twitter was hot shit because him and some of his rich buddies used it. Kind of confirmation bias going on.. He lives in his own bubble alot. Every day normal people do not use twitter, its not for the common man like Facebook(was). Thats why the business is not worth as much as he thinks. Bots where probably a big part of that platform, so partly he also got conned into thinking it was bigger than it is. But mostly like I said confirmation bias going on. He's trying some desperate measures to recover the losses. Because it wasn't all his money, alot of his billionaire buddies helped paying the 42 billion for it because he's like the king-pimp of billionaires and they will do what he says.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2022, 08:12:04 PM »
musk is dark.. there is a sinister aura about him that emanates blackness.

he reminds me very much of jarred cushner - they r the same inside.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2022, 08:20:33 PM »
Yeah fuck Musk.

Guy's interested in free speech.  1st amendment.  Must be some kind of a fucking asshole. Can you believe he wanted to expose the link between the government and social media? Not to mention expose the propaganda and censorship. Only a real asshole would want to do something like that.

I want to be misled by big tech and deprived of basic freedoms by the government god dammit. I demand it! And im not gonna let some guy like musk try to stop it.

Im with you Al!

Did you hear what else Elon got up to over the weekend? I'll try to keep these cliffs short, cuz it's a free speech doozie!

-There was an account called @elonjet that posted PUBLICLY AVAILABLE flight records of Musk's jet. Elon was aware of this account and offered the guy who ran it 5k to shut it down. The guy declined and asked for more money. When Elon bought twitter, he said he was such a free speech absolutist, that even though he didn't agree with the account, he supported it existing.

-A few days ago, Elon claimed he was being stalked and harassed by someone as a result elonjets "doxxing" him. Elonjets hadn't posted his flight records to his location. Musk posted video of the alleged stalker and internet users geotracked the photo, which was nowhere near an airport. Police released a statement saying that no one had contacted them in regards to the alleged stalker.

-Musk shut down the Elonjets account and threatened  the guy who ran it with legal action for posting "assassination coordinates" ;D ... even though the account hadn't posted his location.

-Musk then banned any reporter who covered the story- claiming they had also doxxed him- even though they did not print his address, real time location and Musk had previously said that having accounts like elonjet on twitter was important for free speech.

THAT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING

-Some of the banned reporters joined a twitter spaces event to discuss the bannings. Elon joined the twitter space. When it was pointed out that he was doing exactly what he accused old twitter of doing, he said he didn't care.

-He then left the twitter chat  THEN SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE TWITTER SPACES SERVICE!

-He had been using Bari Weiss to dripfeed conservatives The Twitter Files over the last week or so. His diligent sock-puppet released a statement saying she didn't agree with ruling twitter by whims whether it was the old regime or new. He called her a virtue-signaling suck up.

-He launched a poll asking if the journalists should be unbanned. The results came back with unban immediately. So he threw that poll out  and set up a new poll that he thought was worded more favorable towards a longer suspension. The results came back  with "unban immediately" winning by an even bigger margin.

But this is your free speech absolutist savior though, right? ::)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2022, 08:42:04 PM »
Did you hear what else Elon got up to over the weekend? I'll try to keep these cliffs short, cuz it's a free speech doozie!

-There was an account called @elonjet that posted PUBLICLY AVAILABLE flight records of Musk's jet. Elon was aware of this account and offered the guy who ran it 5k to shut it down. The guy declined and asked for more money. When Elon bought twitter, he said he was such a free speech absolutist, that even though he didn't agree with the account, he supported it existing.

-A few days ago, Elon claimed he was being stalked and harassed by someone as a result elonjets "doxxing" him. Elonjets hadn't posted his flight records to his location. Musk posted video of the alleged stalker and internet users geotracked the photo, which was nowhere near an airport. Police released a statement saying that no one had contacted them in regards to the alleged stalker.

-Musk shut down the Elonjets account and threatened  the guy who ran it with legal action for posting "assassination coordinates" ;D ... even though the account hadn't posted his location.

-Musk then banned any reporter who covered the story- claiming they had also doxxed him- even though they did not print his address, real time location and Musk had previously said that having accounts like elonjet on twitter was important for free speech.

THAT WAS JUST THE BEGINNING

-Some of the banned reporters joined a twitter spaces event to discuss the bannings. Elon joined the twitter space. When it was pointed out that he was doing exactly what he accused old twitter of doing, he said he didn't care.

-He then left the twitter chat  THEN SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE TWITTER SPACES SERVICE!

-He had been using Bari Weiss to dripfeed conservatives The Twitter Files over the last week or so. His diligent sock-puppet released a statement saying she didn't agree with ruling twitter by whims whether it was the old regime or new. He called her a virtue-signaling suck up.

-He launched a poll asking if the journalists should be unbanned. The results came back with unban immediately. So he threw that poll out  and set up a new poll that he thought was worded more favorable towards a longer suspension. The results came back  with "unban immediately" winning by an even bigger margin.

But this is your free speech absolutist savior though, right? ::)

You're afraid of a 99.97% survivable virus. Why would Getbiggers take stock investment advice from you?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2022, 08:59:50 PM »
You're afraid of a 99.97% survivable virus. Why would Getbiggers take stock investment advice from you?

Twitter is  a private company, Matt. Stock is not available for purchase.  ::)

Where did I give stock advice? Why would being afraid of a 99% survivable virus  affect someone's ability to recommend stocks?

Also, where did I say I was "afraid" of a survivable virus?  In that thread, the point I made over and over again was that someone surviving an affliction does not mean they did not have an impact on the healthcare system. 

Thanks for more rock-solid logic, Matt.  ;)

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2022, 09:09:36 PM »
Twitter is  a private company, Matt. Stock is not available for purchase.  ::)

Where did I give stock advice? Why would being afraid of a 99% survivable virus  affect someone's ability to recommend stocks?

Also, where did I say I was "afraid" of a survivable virus?  In that thread, the point I made over and over again was that someone surviving an affliction does not mean they did not have an impact on the healthcare system. 

Thanks for more rock-solid logic, Matt.  ;)
unlike your anus,which is publicly traded....