Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 763759 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #6725 on: May 18, 2021, 09:19:07 PM »
MicroStrategy buys the dip, acquires $10M in Bitcoin

Business intelligence firm MicroStrategy has scooped up another $10 million worth of Bitcoin (BTC), signaling the company’s relentless conviction in the digital asset amid the latest price collapse.

The cash amount earned MicroStrategy 229 BTC at an average price of $43,663, the company confirmed Tuesday in a Form 8-K filing with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. The acquisition came just five days after the business intelligence firm purchased 271 BTC for an average price of $55,387.

CEO Michael Saylor, an outspoken supporter of Bitcoin, also disclosed the purchase on Twitter.

Saylor is throwing his money around right now like a degenerate gambler chasing loses.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6726 on: May 18, 2021, 10:33:15 PM »
Don't think we've seen the bottom yet.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6727 on: May 18, 2021, 11:23:03 PM »
Think we're about the break 42k support. If we brake 38k, its over until the next halving.imo

29k incoming..... 

I have several subscriptions to quants and top accounts and I can tell you guys this move has blown all of their metrics and analysis apart. They had no idea this was coming and I’ll be canceling 2 of those subscriptions.

I have shown myself to be absolutely fucking useless with short term targets, the ultimate irony was my initial ETH for June was 5k based on a 38k BTC and I told myself that must be wrong because we were still trending upwards. Oh the irony lol.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #6728 on: May 19, 2021, 12:24:53 AM »
29k incoming..... 

I have several subscriptions to quants and top accounts and I can tell you guys this move has blown all of their metrics and analysis apart. They had no idea this was coming and I’ll be canceling 2 of those subscriptions.

I have shown myself to be absolutely fucking useless with short term targets, the ultimate irony was my initial ETH for June was 5k based on a 38k BTC and I told myself that must be wrong because we were still trending upwards. Oh the irony lol.

Yes, I don't think this is the bottom yet either.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6729 on: May 19, 2021, 01:12:27 AM »
29k incoming..... 

Calm down, enjoy  this. Seems like a coordinated attack to me to scare off weak hands.  Short term predictions are useless. Zoom out, take a breath. You know where this heading....

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6730 on: May 19, 2021, 01:33:12 AM »
This is pretty interesting for several reasons. Bitcoins price dropping at the same rate that golds price is increasing. Best time to buy bitcoin might be when they meet.

This might all be bigger than crypto though. The stock markets are very bearish right now.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6731 on: May 19, 2021, 02:13:15 AM »
Calm down, enjoy  this. Seems like a coordinated attack to me to scare off weak hands.  Short term predictions are useless. Zoom out, take a breath. You know where this heading....

Oh I’m fine as I don’t use margin and am heavily in profit like you guys.

It’s not a coordinated attack anymore, what we are seeing now is capitulation as each support line is broken.

I’m still working to my ETh strategy so I’m miles up. It’ll come good.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6732 on: May 19, 2021, 02:13:45 AM »

That shake out weak hands  narrative is getting old. Sounds like some Trump level 5d chess talk.  We're relaxed. Its perfectly normal to consider that the bull market is over. Youre starting to sound like you're just trying to convince yourself that its not. No disrespect intended.

How far back back do I have to zoom out? Im practically at outter space  distances at this point. Still looks shitty.  There's no pretty way to paint a drop this large. 

Still hoping for the best, but I'm ready for the worst case scenario and I'm not going to wait for 20k btc to say , its over.

It was crazy watching the orderbook lite up as soon as we dropped below42k. It went nuts. Prior to that it was like the calm before the storm. You could feel it coming. Lol

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6733 on: May 19, 2021, 02:22:02 AM »
29k incoming..... 

All anyone can do is make the best calls with the info at hand but no one can predict human behavior.  Sometimes we do things that are completely unexpected,  like embrace useless shit like Dogecoin over, well thought out creations like bitcoin. Or  predict a billionaire will do tweet ridiculous garbage that starts a cascade of FUD from all directions.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6734 on: May 19, 2021, 02:47:28 AM »
This is pretty interesting for several reasons. Bitcoins price dropping at the same rate that golds price is increasing. Best time to buy bitcoin might be when they meet.

This might all be bigger than crypto though. The stock markets are very bearish right now.

I don't see gold as an "opposition" to BTC. In my view these assets both compliment each other.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6735 on: May 19, 2021, 02:51:20 AM »
What price did you sell it?

Not selling this time around. I am legit in this for the long run and simply HODL as I said I would.

Indeed I am actually nibbling away with daily automated micro-purchases of Sats, which entirely takes emotion out of the equation.  So I am actually increasing my holdings. By 2025 the prices we see now, let alone the recent downward movement will most likely be but a little blip on a zoomed out graph. Best time to buy is when others are selling or lack confidence.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6736 on: May 19, 2021, 03:02:23 AM »
Not selling this time around. I am legit in this for the long run and simply HODL as I said I would.

Indeed I am actually nibbling away with daily automated micro-purchases of Sats, which entirely takes emotion out of the equation.  So I am actually increasing my holdings. By 2025 the prices we see now, let alone the recent downward movement will most likely be but a little blip on a zoomed out graph. Best time to buy is when others are selling or lack confidence.

So yoire saying I should buy DOGE?

Just kidding bro. Lol

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6737 on: May 19, 2021, 03:36:16 AM »
Lol - no fuck DOGE and the DOGEFATHER. Its almost 100% BTC for me, with minor amounts of ETH.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6738 on: May 19, 2021, 03:37:52 AM »
That shake out weak hands  narrative is getting old. Sounds like some Trump level 5d chess talk.  We're relaxed. Its perfectly normal to consider that the bull market is over. Youre starting to sound like you're just trying to convince yourself that its not. No disrespect intended.

How far back back do I have to zoom out? Im practically at outter space  distances at this point. Still looks shitty.  There's no pretty way to paint a drop this large. 

Still hoping for the best, but I'm ready for the worst case scenario and I'm not going to wait for 20k btc to say , its over.

It was crazy watching the orderbook lite up as soon as we dropped below42k. It went nuts. Prior to that it was like the calm before the storm. You could feel it coming. Lol

Gut wrenching when the price use to drop by the 100s, gut wrenching  when price dropped by the 1000s. Now we have the price dropping by 10s of thousands, not as gut wrenching.  When you can zoom  and live through a market like this  one in its early years....only then will you understand what I mean. First you have to "feel" it. 

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6739 on: May 19, 2021, 03:53:56 AM »
Oh I’m fine as I don’t use margin and am heavily in profit like you guys.

It’s not a coordinated attack anymore, what we are seeing now is capitulation as each support line is broken.

I’m still working to my ETh strategy so I’m miles up. It’ll come good.

One week we had elons sorcery, binance under investigation, china "ban" again and the OCC......really?....they couldnt space all this out!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6740 on: May 19, 2021, 03:57:19 AM »
I've been shorting since last night. I feel so dirty but we have to put bitcoin out of it misery. Its the humane thing to do. Catch you on the dead cat bounce.

Joking.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #6741 on: May 19, 2021, 04:03:18 AM »
I still don't understand. Why is BTC crashing?

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6742 on: May 19, 2021, 04:03:34 AM »
I've been shorting since last night. I feel so dirty but we have to put bitcoin out of it misery. Its the humane thing to do. Catch you on the dead cat bounce.

Joking.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6743 on: May 19, 2021, 04:06:37 AM »
I still don't understand. Why is BTC crashing?

Because BTC is and always has been unstable, volatile, and irrational. 

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6744 on: May 19, 2021, 04:07:01 AM »

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6745 on: May 19, 2021, 04:09:23 AM »
Because BTC is and always has been unstable, volatile, and irrational.

Its volatility is a function of its free and open market. As btc matures these violent spikes up and down will become less frequent and "irrational"

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #6746 on: May 19, 2021, 04:56:16 AM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6747 on: May 19, 2021, 05:33:46 AM »

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6748 on: May 19, 2021, 05:37:53 AM »
I just did 196% profit. lmao. wow fastest money i ever made in my life.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #6749 on: May 19, 2021, 05:42:45 AM »
https://www.ft.com/content/f6824190-636c-11e3-a87d-00144feabdc0

Dead or alive? The puzzle of Schrödinger’s markets

The current state of US financial markets might be best described with the help of a dead Austrian physicist and a logic-defying feline of unknown vital status.

Schrödinger’s cat is a thought experiment designed by Erwin Schrödinger to highlight the apparent absurdity of one particular interpretation of quantum mechanics when transposed to everyday objects.

The theoretical cat sits in a sealed box containing a flask of poison and a radioactive source. The poison is released at essentially a random time determined by the decay (or not) of a single atom. Once the poison is released the cat dies. Otherwise the cat lives.

The prevailing theory of quantum mechanics at the time implied that, since the probability of an atom of the radioactive substance decaying is equal, until someone opens the box the cat is both alive and dead.

The moment the box is opened and the cat observed, the two “states” – living cat and moribund cat – collapse into one that is either dead or alive (but in both cases presumably quite annoyed).

Such an experiment, intended to demonstrate the eccentricity of a certain school of quantum physics, makes a satisfying analogy for the state of markets after five years of quantitative easing by the Federal Reserve.

Central banks have flooded the financial system with cash, driving investors to park their money in higher-yielding securities and largely obfuscating the true state of underlying markets.

Take, for instance, the corporate default rate and the analytical models that are supposed to help forecast it.

The one-year default rate for US and European junk-rated companies currently stands at about 3 per cent, according to the quarterly review from the Bank for International Settlements released this week, just 1 percentage point above its average during the boom-era years of 2005 to 2008.

With default rates so low, the strategy of investing in higher-yielding, but riskier corporate bonds has paid off. Corporate credit spreads, or the additional yield investors demand to hold riskier securities, are hovering at a historical nadir, indicating that investors have been keen to take advantage of the low default rate and increase their holdings of corporate bonds.

In fact, as the BIS notes, “in addition to reflecting perceptions of credit risk, spreads may also drive default rates.” In an era of cheap and easy money, investors are encouraged to buy bonds from troubled companies and thereby suppress the default rate.

The overwhelming effect of QE on corporate defaults and spreads has, perhaps unsurprisingly, led to all sorts of modelling difficulties. Even top-tier analysts will sometimes (quietly) confess they are at a loss when it comes to estimating future corporate defaults.

Models that incorporate QE extending for the foreseeable future tend to predict that corporate defaults will continue to occur only infrequently. Meanwhile, models that attempt to incorporate some sort of “tapering” of central bank support show sharp increases in default.

Which to choose? What’s really in the box – living, functioning companies or ones that are flatlining?

The same comparison could be applied to the state of the broader US economy.

Deutsche Bank, for instance, writes this week that the current economic expansion in the US economy will be 54 months old by the end of the year. The average expansion since 1854 has totalled just 39 months by the bank’s calculations.

That means the current expansion – hot on the heels of one of the worst recessions on record – is now the seventh longest of the 34 expansionary economic cycles to have occurred in the US over the past one and a half centuries.

As Jim Reid, the well-respected Deutsche strategist, points out, the US appears to have “just about escaped [a correction] due to extraordinary monetary and fiscal stimulus”.

This time really is different. Or, it isn’t.

We will only know for sure when we open the box – once the extraordinary central bank policies have been unwound – and peer in to see whether the cat is dead or alive. At that point the US economy, and the state of its many companies, will reveal themselves to be in reasonable health, or stubbornly inert.