Author Topic: How We Define Gender In Hawaii  (Read 87526 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: How We Define Gender In Hawaii
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2018, 08:58:28 PM »
I cannot even talk stink about Canada this time, because we are doing the same thing in the U.S.  Where does this end?  We already have parents allowing their kids to pick the gender they want to be. 

Service Canada employees asked to avoid using Mr., Mrs. or Ms. as well as mother and father
By Staff   The Canadian Press
March 21, 2018

Families Minister Jean-Yves Duclos defended Service Canada‘s decision to ask its employees to adopt gender-neutral language when interacting with the public, as members of the opposition mocked the policy mercilessly.

According to a directive issued to managers and team leaders, employees of Service Canada are asked to use gender-neutral or gender-inclusive language to avoid “portraying a perceived bias toward a particular sex or gender.”

Workers are instructed to use a client’s full name or ask how they would prefer to be addressed instead of using honorifics such as Mr., Mrs. or Ms., which “can be seen as gender specific by a client,” reads the memo, which was first obtained by Radio-Canada.

Workers also being asked to eschew the terms “father” and “mother” in favour of “parent.”

Some members of the opposition were quick to criticize the directive, including Conservative MP Alain Rayes, who described it as “ridiculous.”

Rheal Fortin, the former Bloc Quebecois MP who now sits as an Independent, concurred, saying, “it’s bordering on harebrained.”

“I almost want to say I’m glad they don’t have any bigger problems than that at Service Canada,” he joked.

But Duclos told reporters Wednesday that Service Canada’s policies are a matter of respect.

He specified in a tweet the government department would continue to use Mr. or Ms. when interacting with Canadians.

Jean-Yves Duclos

@jyduclos
Let us be clear, @ServiceCanada_E will continue to use Mr/Ms when interacting with Canadians. We are only confirming how people want to be addressed as a matter of respect.

4:33 AM - Mar 21, 2018
46 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Duclos’ press secretary, Emilie Gauduchon-Campbell, said the directive was issued in response to requests from members of the public who criticized Service Canada for a lack of inclusivity.

Helen Kennedy, executive director of national LGBTQ human rights organization Egale Canada, praised Ottawa’s directive as “a good first step,” but said it needs to be accompanied with more awareness training and education around non-binary and gender-neutral language.

“Some people may be very well-intentioned but they may not have the understanding or knowledge that they need in order to ask the right question in a manner that’s not going to be offensive,” she said in a phone interview.

The backlash from the opposition is a sign of how far Canadian society still has to come when it comes to inclusion, she said.

“Issues around gender-neutral language are extremely important, and they may not be important to the opposition but, I can tell you, they’re very important to members of our community,” Kennedy said.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau declined to respond Wednesday morning to the initial Radio-Canada report, saying he needed more time to look into the matter.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4097862/service-canada-gender-neutral-language/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2018, 05:39:42 PM »
Nets Fear Trump Administration ‘Changing Definition of Gender’...to Definition of Gender
By Kyle Drennen | October 22, 2018

In a series of truly mind-boggling reports on Monday, all three network morning shows bizarrely accused the Trump administration of considering “changing the definition of gender” by simply reversing Obama-era regulations that actually did change the definition of gender by abandoning the scientific and biological meaning of the term.

The NBC, ABC, and CBS broadcasts all seized on a Sunday New York Times article that warned, “‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration.” The fearful Times story was based on a draft memo that the paper obtained from the Department of Health and Human Services, detailing a policy proposal that may or may not be implemented.

On NBC’s Today show, co-host Hoda Kotb fretted: “The Trump administration is considering changing the definition of gender. So, what is that all about?” White House Correspondent Kristen Welker summarized:

Well, Hoda, The New York Times is reporting that the Trump administration is considering that move that would define the term “transgender” essentially out of existence. So the question is, how would that happen? Well, the administration would narrowly define gender as a biological condition determined at birth.
Viewers could be forgiven if they heard that statement and thought the administration’s proposal accurately defined gender. Instead, Welker confidently described how wrong it supposedly was:

That change could significantly roll back protections of transgender people under federal law. Now, the Obama administration infuriated conservatives with a series of decisions that expanded federal protections for those who are transgender by recognizing gender largely as an individual’s choice and not determined at birth.
Moments later, she cited left-wing activists denouncing the potential policy: “The Human Rights Campaign said such a move would set a destructive precedent.”

“And according to The New York Times...the Trump administration is considering rolling back protections for transgender people by narrowing the definition of gender to a biological condition determined at birth. Gender would be defined as only male or female,” worried fill-in co-host Cecilia Vega during a news brief on ABC’s Good Morning America.

She also cited the Human Rights Campaign bashing the possible move as “a destructive precedent.”

“The Trump administration reportedly is taking steps to remove all legal protection for transgender Americans,” decried co-host Norah O’Donnell on CBS This Morning. She further proclaimed:

The New York Times says the Department of Health and Human Services is working to create a legal definition of sex under Title IX, the federal law that bans sex discrimination....Now, it would, quote, “define sex as either male or female, unchangeable, and determined by the genitals that a person is born with.” Now, that policy would wipe out Obama-era regulations outlawing discrimination against people who change their sexual identity.
Just to clarify, the Obama administration changed the legal definition of gender to appease liberal interest groups. Now, the Trump administration is thinking about changing the definition back to the scientific one used throughout all of human history and is being accused of trying to redefine gender.

Aren’t journalists supposed to accurately report facts instead of parroting political spin that creates an alternative reality?

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kyle-drennen/2018/10/22/nets-fear-trump-administration-changing-definition-genderto

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2018, 10:35:26 AM »
Teacher fired for refusing to use transgender student's pronouns
A Virginia high school teacher who refused to use a transgender student’s new pronouns has been fired for insubordination, according to the school system.
Dec 10, 2018
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/teacher-fired-refusing-use-transgender-student-s-pronouns-n946006?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2018, 10:42:23 AM »
That's not what the definition says:

"Gender identity or expression" includes a person's actual or perceived gender, as well as a person's gender identity, gender-related self-image, gender-related appearance, or gender-related expression, regardless of whether that gender identity, gender-related self-image, gender-related appearance, or gender-related expression is different from that traditionally associated with the person's sex at birth.

So it's not as simple as penis and vagina. 

Yes it is that simple.

Only intellectual fuckwits & queers / Mental ill people
Getting involved & trying to justify there own Madness
And Perversions.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2018, 10:44:33 AM »

Yes it is that simple.

Only intellectual fuckwits & queers / Mental ill people
And Perversions.

Bruh look around you.  This definition is everywhere.  This is the new normal. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2018, 11:02:53 AM »
Bruh look around you.  This definition is everywhere.  This is the new normal. 

I do look around me
And only See 2 genders in humans

Though
I do so a lot of intellectual fuckwits & queers / Mental ill people
And Perversions saying all sorts of nonsense about X number
Of genders.
Only Fuckwits - Queers - Wierdos - Mentally Ill & Liberals of course
Take any notice.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2018, 11:17:52 AM »
I do look around me

Though
Of genders.
Take any notice.

It's much bigger than that.  It's in our state laws all over the country.  That couldn't happen with just mentally ill people, etc.  Times have changed.   

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2018, 11:49:46 AM »
It's much bigger than that.  It's in our state laws all over the country.  That couldn't happen with just mentally ill people, etc.  Times have changed.   
Laws are written to satisfy a teeny, tiny portion of the population. Which is what these people are, pushed in our faces by the media.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2018, 06:47:49 PM »

As stated a lot of fuckwits etc inflicting their mentaly ill views on everyone else.

Times have changed - very much so And in many ways not for the Better.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »
I do look around me

Though
Of genders.
Take any notice.

You must have poor vision then.

Although it's rare, 1.7% of the population are born intersex or hermaphroditic. They can have any of several variations in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones, or genitals that, according to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, "do not fit the typical definitions for male or female bodies".

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2018, 03:41:19 PM »
Laws are written to satisfy a teeny, tiny portion of the population. Which is what these people are, pushed in our faces by the media.

Your right. Only 3% of adolescents identify as transgender or gender non-conforming. A more conservative 2016 estimate suggests that in America there are 1.4 million people or approximately .6% who identify as transgender . 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2018, 04:55:35 PM »
Your right. Only 3% of adolescents identify as transgender or gender non-conforming. A more conservative 2016 estimate suggests that in America there are 1.4 million people or approximately .6% who identify as transgender . 
I seriously doubt those estimates are conservative, I would say those estimates have been blown way out of proportion. Same with homosexuality. The media blows it up, throws it in the publics face 24/7 and suddenly everyone is gay/transgender, when in reality the numbers are far lower than what the liberal media portrays.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2018, 06:42:10 PM »
I seriously doubt those estimates are conservative, I would say those estimates have been blown way out of proportion. Same with homosexuality. The media blows it up, throws it in the publics face 24/7 and suddenly everyone is gay/transgender, when in reality the numbers are far lower than what the liberal media portrays.

Yeah - transgender is statistically insignifcant.

And my view on are that I couldn't care less - to each his/her own.  However, if they are on test, then they can't compete in HS or college athletics, reardless of who they are competing against.  Should be treated the same as any athlete taking PEDs.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 26, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »

True.  That's why I call them the most powerful lobby of my lifetime.  They have accomplished more than any group of its size in a short period of time.  We have gone from a time when both political parties overwhelming supported traditional marriage to supporting people who want to not only pick their own gender, but that of their kids, regardless of biology.  Obama supported traditional marriage before his money-induced epiphany.  That wasn't very long ago.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: December 26, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »
Yeah - transgender is statistically insignifcant.

And my view on are that I couldn't care less - to each his/her own.  However, if they are on test, then they can't compete in HS or college athletics, reardless of who they are competing against.  Should be treated the same as any athlete taking PEDs.

Good luck with that.  People can now self-identify as the opposite gender.  We are in a time now where a man can decide he is a woman and compete in women's bodybuilding.  Or a boy can claim he is a girl and compete in girl's sports. 

I don't think people who are trying to cram these social experiments down our throats have thought these things through. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2018, 03:31:10 PM »
You must have poor vision then.

Although it's rare, 1.7% of the population are born intersex or hermaphroditic. They can have any of several variations in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones, or genitals that, according to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, "do not fit the typical definitions for male or female bodies".

Your opinion is of little value Here as you are one of the Afflicted
An Intellectual Fuckwit  / Defective Mental State / Queer
You will always try to Find whatever Scrap of news or statistic
To justify yourself & others Similarly Afflicted or of Defective Mental States.

Thankfully you & your lot are a Tiny Minority
Though you’re given far to much of a big voice by the media.

The Overwhelming Majority Likely near 99% of people are not like You.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2019, 06:27:41 PM »
From Now On, A NYC Newborn's Gender Can Be 'X'
By HANK BERRIEN
January 2, 2019

On Wednesday, for the first time in its history, New York City offered a third option for parents of newborn babies or anyone choosing not to identify as male or female: changing or setting the gender of a birth certificate to “X.”

That third option, bypassing male and female, became available courtesy of a law signed by New York Mayor Bill de Blasio in early October that went into effect on January 1. De Blasio stated that the law allowed citizens the freedom to "tell the government who they are and not the other way around … Imagine if you were told you were something that you did not consider yourself to be." He addressed transgender New Yorkers, saying, "You be you. Live your truth. And know that New York City will have your back."

De Blasio had said in June, “Pride Month is a time to celebrate how far we’ve come in the fight for equality, and re-affirm our commitment to protecting all New Yorkers from discrimination. This proposal will allow transgender and gender non-conforming New Yorkers to live with the dignity and respect they deserve, and make our City fairer.”

Corey Johnson, the Speaker of the New York City Council, who introduced the legislation, added:

You don't need a doctor to tell you who you are and you shouldn't need a doctor to change your birth certificate to reflect your true self. This groundbreaking legislation will make New York birth certificates more inclusive for all and will send a powerful signal to the world that New York City government works for everyone. Now more than ever, it's important for us as elected officials to show our constituents that we see them, we have their backs, and we respect them for who they are. I want to thank my Council colleagues for their support and to the de Blasio Administration for their continued commitment to making this a New York City for all.

NPR reported, “New York City is the first municipal government with such legislation. Those living in the city but not born there do not fall under its law.” NBC News noted that New York City was the fifth state in America to have such a law, “California, Oregon, Washington state and New Jersey. Three states and Washington, D.C., also allow gender-neutral driver licenses.”

As National Review reported after the New York City Council passed the bill in September, before de Blasio signed it, “Under current law, transgender New Yorkers must submit documentation from a physician certifying their non-binary status. But under the new legislation, set to take effect January 1, 2019, those born in New York City will be permitted to submit an affidavit requesting a gender-identity change absent a doctor’s note.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39882/now-nyc-newborns-gender-can-be-x-hank-berrien

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2019, 02:52:14 PM »

Do you have resources which counter these estimates? They may be inflated, but until someone can prove otherwise, they may be the bet we have. Not that the actual number of LGBTQ folks is all that important. Some suggest that there is a full spectrum of sexual preferences/orientations.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2019, 03:04:09 PM »

Your option is of little value Here as you are one of the Afflicted
An Intellectual Fuckwit  / Defective Mental State / Queer
You will always try to Find whatever Scrap of news or statistic
To justify yourself & others Similarly Afflicted or of Defective Mental States.

Thankfully you & your lot are a Tiny Minority
Though you’re given far to much of a big voice by the media.

The Overwhelming Majority Likely near 99% of people are not like You.

You seem a bit hostile here; meltdown perhaps? What is it with you and your personal attacks? Is this the only way you can express yourself?  Pathetic.

I have a habit of researching everything, not just LGBTQ stats or news. Get off your high horse.

As I've posted before, feel free to legitimately dispute whatever I post with your sources included. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2019, 03:09:27 PM »
You seem a bit hostile here; meltdown perhaps? What is it with you and your personal attacks? Is this the only way you can express yourself?  Pathetic.

I have a habit of researching everything, not just LGBTQ stats or news. Get off your high horse.

As I've posted before, feel free to legitimately dispute whatever I post with your sources included. 

It’s Me

Personal attacks or Personal opinions.

The more you post about yourself the more exposed
And open you become to Attacks or Opions that are different.

Have a Good day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2019, 03:35:09 PM »

It’s Me

Personal attacks or Personal opinions.

The more you post about yourself the more exposed
And open you become to Attacks or Opions that are different.

Have a Good day.

Which means I am very brave and honest....a rarity on Getbig. In this event the shame is not on the attacked, but on the attacker.

Thanks, everyday is a good day in my book.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2019, 05:53:36 PM »
Do you have resources which counter these estimates? They may be inflated, but until someone can prove otherwise, they may be the bet we have. Not that the actual number of LGBTQ folks is all that important. Some suggest that there is a full spectrum of sexual preferences/orientations.
https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/research/transgender-issues/new-estimates-show-that-150000-youth-ages-13-to-17-identify-as-transgender-in-the-us/

An estimated 0.7 percent of youth ages 13 to 17, or 150,000 youth, identify as transgender in the United States, according to a new study released by The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law. T
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2019, 10:46:46 AM »
Gender neutral birth certificates to be available in NJ come February
Updated: Jan 04, 2019

New Jersey birth certificates will now include a third, non-binary label come Feb. 1, under a new law that expands transgender rights in the Garden State.

Gov. Phil Murphy signed the Babs Siperstein Bill into law last July.

The new legislation gives parents the option of choosing a gender-neutral or non-binary identity on their child's birth certificate. It also allows adults to change the gender marker on their birth and death certificates, without proof of reassignment surgery.

"Just because your sex assigned at birth is one thing, it does not necessarily mean that it is something that's going to be consistent with your gender identity throughout your life,” says Ashley Chiappano with the group Garden State Equality.

Chiappano says that there is a difference between sex and gender.

“Sex is more like a label. When we’re talking about sex, this is assignment by a doctor,” she says. “Gender identity goes even further to say that it’s how you feel on the inside and how you express yourself. It's how you express yourself through your clothing, your behavior, your personal appearance."

The new law is named after Edison resident Babs Siperstein, the first elected transgender member of the Democratic National Committee in 2012.

New Jersey joins Oregon, California and Washington, which have all approved similar legislation. New York City also just changed birth certificates to be gender neutral.

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/39735791/gender-neutral-birth-certificates-to-be-available-in-nj-come-february?fbclid=IwAR3V6QyCeef7-RG7xaiksREmZOYa1pX4bYbJge1xpxwnBvN4zzaZxegZ7Ko

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2019, 03:49:54 PM »
Gender neutral birth certificates to be available in NJ come February
Updated: Jan 04, 2019

New Jersey birth certificates will now include a third, non-binary label come Feb. 1, under a new law that expands transgender rights in the Garden State.

Gov. Phil Murphy signed the Babs Siperstein Bill into law last July.

The new legislation gives parents the option of choosing a gender-neutral or non-binary identity on their child's birth certificate. It also allows adults to change the gender marker on their birth and death certificates, without proof of reassignment surgery.

"Just because your sex assigned at birth is one thing, it does not necessarily mean that it is something that's going to be consistent with your gender identity throughout your life,” says Ashley Chiappano with the group Garden State Equality.

Chiappano says that there is a difference between sex and gender.

“Sex is more like a label. When we’re talking about sex, this is assignment by a doctor,” she says. “Gender identity goes even further to say that it’s how you feel on the inside and how you express yourself. It's how you express yourself through your clothing, your behavior, your personal appearance."

The new law is named after Edison resident Babs Siperstein, the first elected transgender member of the Democratic National Committee in 2012.

New Jersey joins Oregon, California and Washington, which have all approved similar legislation. New York City also just changed birth certificates to be gender neutral.

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/39735791/gender-neutral-birth-certificates-to-be-available-in-nj-come-february?fbclid=IwAR3V6QyCeef7-RG7xaiksREmZOYa1pX4bYbJge1xpxwnBvN4zzaZxegZ7Ko

Seems to me gender neutral birth certificates would be limited to those who are born intersex. "Intersex people are born with any of several variations in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones, or genitals that, according to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, "do not fit the typical definitions for male or female bodies"."

If you are born with a penis and balls you're a male. Likewise, if you're born with a vagina and ovaries you are a female. If you later come to believe you got the wrong equipment and want your identity to reflect who you are, change I.D. issued from that point on. There should be no gender do-overs on birth certificates. You were what you were then and you are what you are now. anything else is a false representation.

My brother-in-law was married with four kids. Years later when he divorced his wife, he claimed they never consummated their marriage. He did this so he could marry his girlfriend in the Catholic Church and the Church allowed this, rendering his children bastards, which of course they weren't. How wrongheaded is this?  

You cannot redo your past no matter why or how much you want to.

Call me old school.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2019, 04:04:52 PM »
Seems to me gender neutral birth certificates would be limited to someone who was born intersex. "Intersex people are born with any of several variations in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones, or genitals that, according to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, "do not fit the typical definitions for male or female bodies"."

They are not limited to that tiny percentage of intersex birth defects.  Any parent in New Jersey and other places that have adopted this allow parents to decide what gender their kid will be, regardless of biology.