Author Topic: What good will come out of this Va. Tech massacre??  (Read 6825 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
What good will come out of this Va. Tech massacre??
« on: April 16, 2007, 08:28:10 PM »
"The Chicago Sun-Times reported Monday night that authorities are investigating whether the gunman was a 24-year-old Chinese man who arrived in the U.S. last year on a student visa issued in Shanghai."

The security of out country and these student visas?? Remeber 9/11 and Bush talking about student visas?

"Bush Urges Tighter Controls on Student Visas as Part of Crackdown on Terrorism" yet "no timetable was set for completing the review".....it never happend..I guess terror was on the backburner.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: What good will come out of this Va. Tech massacre??
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 08:30:59 PM »
I doubt it was someone from China... Only crazy white people shoot up schools.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 08:32:47 PM »
what good came from 9/11?

Nothing good can come from this other than awareness. 

It's a tragedy.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:08:25 PM »
No good at all will come out of this. It is a horrible thing, with no redemption possible. The mom in me cringes when I think of all the mothers out there tonight who just lost their kids :'(

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:20:14 PM »
The belief that "good triumphs over evil" resontes deeply in our psyche through cultural, religious and
political discourses. guess you can not pump up patriotism anymore to polish law and make sure these kids that were lost were not lost without some kind of resolve.

I'll wait for tommorow for some more optimistic answers.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 12:51:26 AM »
kids' tests will be postponed a few days

people will get to hang out instead of going to class for a while

a major university will be PWNED financially

off the top of my head

sandycoosworth

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 12:56:11 AM »
good news = lotsa money for broadcasters

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 05:14:31 AM »
"The Chicago Sun-Times reported Monday night that authorities are investigating whether the gunman was a 24-year-old Chinese man who arrived in the U.S. last year on a student visa issued in Shanghai."

The security of out country and these student visas?? Remeber 9/11 and Bush talking about student visas?

"Bush Urges Tighter Controls on Student Visas as Part of Crackdown on Terrorism" yet "no timetable was set for completing the review".....it never happend..I guess terror was on the backburner.

Congratulations!  I didn't think anyone would be able to do this but you did manage to blame all this on Bush.  Congrats, you win the beanie award, now go stand in the corner, you are in a Time out!
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 06:16:15 AM »
the powers that be will exploit this to gain more control over guns in this nation.  registration, clip limits, and more handgun models banned.  Brady Bill II.

It's all you see on the news today - gun control issues.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 06:24:40 AM »
the powers that be will exploit this to gain more control over guns in this nation.  registration, clip limits, and more handgun models banned.  Brady Bill II.

and that is a good thing.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 06:29:55 AM »

Gosh, you mean they might make assault weapons and armor pearcing bullets illegal, gosh thats just awful.  *rolls eyes*
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 06:32:33 AM »
Gosh, you mean they might make assault weapons and armor pearcing bullets illegal, gosh thats just awful.  *rolls eyes*

you're talking like a liberal.

The kid used a 9mm and a 22, you liberal crybaby.  a .22 handgun is not an "assault weapon".

Hey, why don't you define for us what an "assault weapon" is? 

And, show us the kid used "armor-piercing bullets" please.

Fucking liberal.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 06:38:02 AM »
and that is a good thing.

til 3 punks in a parking lot decide to take your car or life.

then you can have a holster full of dreams and ethics.  I'll keep a glock in mine to defend myself in an unsafe world.

seriously slaveboy, it's a dangerous world.  to make guns illegal only takes them from the good guys.  criminals already break the law.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 06:52:42 AM »
til 3 punks in a parking lot decide to take your car or life.

then you can have a holster full of dreams and ethics.  I'll keep a glock in mine to defend myself in an unsafe world.

seriously slaveboy, it's a dangerous world.  to make guns illegal only takes them from the good guys.  criminals already break the law.

if you look at the big picture im convinced that less guns on the street and very hard penalties for people who carry guns would save more lives.

i understand what your saying tho, as there are already alot of illegal weapons on the streets in the hands of crazy people and criminals. im many ways usa has fucked it self up with too generous gun laws.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 07:02:42 AM »
if you look at the big picture im convinced that less guns on the street and very hard penalties for people who carry guns would save more lives.

i understand what your saying tho, as there are already alot of illegal weapons on the streets in the hands of crazy people and criminals. im many ways usa has fucked it self up with too generous gun laws.

Cool.  If you didn't have to live thru the 100 years of transition time, a gun-free environment might not be so bad.  However, for those 100 years, til every gun rusts or is taken, the bad guys will have them and good guys won't.  Our families will be armed with nothing but a cell phone (and 11 minute response times) and a prayer.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 07:07:15 AM »

Cool.  If you didn't have to live thru the 100 years of transition time, a gun-free environment might not be so bad.  However, for those 100 years, til every gun rusts or is taken, the bad guys will have them and good guys won't.  Our families will be armed with nothing but a cell phone (and 11 minute response times) and a prayer.

yes, thats what i meant by usa already fucking it up. created this problem by their own stupidity.

but...you have to remember its not just banning guns....its also about very harsh sentances for those who walk around with weapons. if someone is caught with a gun..give him/her a 20 year sentance!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 07:15:02 AM »
yes, thats what i meant by usa already fucking it up. created this problem by their own stupidity.

but...you have to remember its not just banning guns....its also about very harsh sentances for those who walk around with weapons. if someone is caught with a gun..give him/her a 20 year sentance!

I'm ALL for that.  I've carried a gun for 9 years now and never broken the law with it.   I think that kids who carry them illegally should be locked up for 10 years, no warnings.  I think if you point it at someone - give them 20 years instantly.  Fire it?  life without parole.

We should be WAY tougher on criminals than we are.  I jumped thru hoops to get my permit and if I don't pay a parking ticket, I lose my right to carry.  So it keeps me a perfect citizen, really.  If we follow the law, they should too.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 07:15:44 AM »

In addition to the proliferation of weapons, education about the responsible use of weapons, has lagged far behind both the volume of weapons, and the glorification of those weapons. It is most definitely a powder keg situation, with sparks flying all over the place, ...however, in light of recent events, pulling guns off the streets now would be one of the worst domestic moves that could be made.

The right to bear arms is in the Constitution (what's left of it) and recent developments in the "War on Terror" make it an absolute imperative in my eyes. I kind of wish there were more automatic assault weapons and armour piercing munitions available to responsible gun owners like 240 who could rise up in defense of their country. After all... the terrorists might bring the war to America soil, ...in which case, I'd want to see every intelligent, discerning, patriotic American armed with both the will, and the means to defend his/her country right alongside intelligent, discerning, patriotic members of the American military. Nothing more need be said... I think you understand me.

I hope it never comes down to that, but if it did, I'd want you folks fully capable to Stand Up For America.
w

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 07:18:54 AM »
In addition to the proliferation of weapons, education about the responsible use of weapons, has lagged far behind both the volume of weapons, and the glorification of those weapons. It is most definitely a powder keg situation, with sparks flying all over the place, ...however, in light of recent events, pulling guns off the streets now would be one of the worst domestic moves that could be made.

The right to bear arms is in the Constitution (what's left of it) and recent developments in the "War on Terror" make it an absolute imperative in my eyes. I kind of wish there were more automatic assault weapons and armour piercing munitions available to responsible gun owners like 240 who could rise up in defense of their country. After all... the terrorists might bring the war to America soil, ...in which case, I'd want to see every intelligent, discerning, patriotic American armed with both the will, and the means to defend his/her country right alongside intelligent, discerning, patriotic members of the American military. Nothing more need be said... I think you understand me.

I hope it never comes down to that, but if it did, I'd want you folks fully capable to Stand Up For America.
Good god, you just wished cop killer bullets be made available.   That has to be the most moronic statement posted here.
All because you are afraid of the boogie man? (terrorists)?  Come on Jag, can't have it both ways, you don't even want to fight the terrorists and actually support their actions more than you support the USA.   Good job!  Thank god you are canadian.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 07:22:26 AM »
Good god, you just wished cop killer bullets be made available.   That has to be the most moronic statement posted here.
All because you are afraid of the boogie man? (terrorists)?  Come on Jag, can't have it both ways, you don't even want to fight the terrorists and actually support their actions more than you support the USA.   Good job!  Thank god you are canadian.

Notice I did say 'intelligent & discerning' patriotic Americans.

I'm sure there are many among the readers here, and I'm certain they did not misinterpret my post as you just did.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 07:29:34 AM »
rooster, last week you sounded like a patriotic american.

today you sound like protecting her soil doesn't matter to you. 

The world changes very fast.  A russian or chinese nuke attack could knock down the web and most electricity for the US.  I suppose you could use your brilliant wit to fend off any invaders, foreign or domestic groups capitalizing on the lack of infrastructure (see: iraqi death squads).  However, a long gun like an AR would be a much wiser choice for keeping your family alive until things got better.

You don't think these things thru tho.  just because you don't need one today, doesn't mean the world might not change quickly.  Think about it this way - if the US could instantly take out Russia or China, we'd do it, right?  Their resources would make the US stronger, and they wouldn't be a threat anymore.  if we could take them out with no consequence, we'd do it in a minute right?

Well, they would too.  So wake up, and always be prepared for a world that could change instantly.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 07:40:35 AM »
rooster, last week you sounded like a patriotic american.

The world changes very fast.  A russian or chinese nuke attack could knock down the web and most electricity for the US.

It's a diffucult issue, your stance changes as your viewpoint does.
Were you watching 24 last night?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 07:43:55 AM »
It's a diffucult issue, your stance changes as your viewpoint does.
Were you watching 24 last night?

I did watch 24 last night. 

You referring to the Rus/China nuke thing?

Any superpower or near-superpower would gladly take out another if the technology and weaponry allowed for it.  We could take Russia and China off the maps tomorrow, if we had the space superiority to do it.  As would they.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 07:53:02 AM »
Congratulations!  I didn't think anyone would be able to do this but you did manage to blame all this on Bush.  Congrats, you win the beanie award, now go stand in the corner, you are in a Time out!

You Bushies are the ones who declared that we are 'safe from terrorists' when obviously, we are not. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 07:55:07 AM »
to make guns illegal only takes them from the good guys.  criminals already break the law.

Exactly.

Pat Brown (the criminal profiler Fox has been putting on) argues that the guy might've thought twice about shooting into that classroom if he had suspected that someone in there might have a gun.  As IF any university would just have an open gun policy!  lol