Author Topic: Something is very wrong with the people they let write "non-fiction" these days.  (Read 774 times)

_Morrison_

• Getbig II
  • People age like milk.
Or at least there is with one of them.

So I was at Borders (The bookstore) today looking for books on former wars.  I know I could just go to the library and get everything I need, but I owe them money so get off my back.  Anyway, I was browsing the U.S. History for something on the Korean War when a particular piece of literature overcame my tired and spaced out eyes.  (Yes, those were big adjectives.)

The title: "GODLESS: The church of Liberalism."

Let me speak for all my fellow human beings in saying, "WTF???"  Strangely peculiar title aside, I found that the book itself had been written by an old school fascist writer named Ann Coulter, an oddly renowned nutjob.  But I've never been one to judge an actual book by its cover, so I decided to read on about this allegedly "godless" church that peace loving "commies" had apparently established.

I had only read two paragraphs before my weak stomach for bullshit kicked in and I had to put down the book for fear of throwing up.  In short, all I saw this woman doing with her writing was making rash generalizations about people who are different than herself, and subsequently twisting every one of their words into something almost retarded-ly evil.  And she for some reason goes on and on about the crazy environmentalists and the nutjob scientists without ever explaining WHY she felt this way about smart people.  It's almost like she wants to bash her whack-job ideas into your (the reader's) skull so many times to the point where you actually end up believing her garbage.

Hell, I'm a freakin' moderate and I find this offensive!

Now I'd like to say a thing or two about Ann herself: This woman is the f-ing FOUNDER of crazytown.

Don't read her work unless you want a good laugh or to see that Pizza you ate for lunch again because I garauntee that's what'll happen to you.

--Morrison
They do.