Author Topic: All This Blaming Bush Stuff....  (Read 14025 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: All This Blaming Bush Stuff....
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 05:18:50 PM »
ah the proverbial "well they started it!!!" argument.  LOL.

it astounds me how this grotesquely simpleton argument continues to stand the test of time on these boards.  

what astounds me even more are all the voters who voted for "hope and change" simply overlook how everything obama does pretty much mirrors how the past two administrations operated and their defense is "well the bush and clinton administration did that too!!"  what was all that hope and change bullshit then?  

why can't we all just admit that both sides are completely unfair to the other and be done with it?  maybe then we can get this country's shit together.
that's not what I'm saying.  It's just lame/hypocritical for the right to lecture the left as though they're on some high ground in this matter.  I didn't suggest it's a valid reason to do it ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »
Its true that there were some conservative talk radio hosts who were blaming Clinton for 9/11. The truth is that both Bush and Clinton share some of the blame for it. However, we are ALL responsible for 9/11. None of us took terrorism seriously enough in the 1990s because we thought we had defeated facism forever after the fall of the Soviet Union. Its quite possible that the things needed to stop 9/11 would not have been politically feasable. Hell, look at what happened to George Bush politically. Not only did he successfully prevent another 9/11, he allowed the US to go the longest it has ever gone without a terrorist attack on American interests in 2 or 3 decades. Yet he had uber sensual utopian hysterics calling him the worst president ever.
not just 9/11.  Clinton was constantly being blamed for shit.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 06:22:31 PM »
I would say that yes huggy you have a point but you see obama ran on the platform of not a washington insider...

he was supposed to change washington so with that in mind yes HE does deserve to be called out for his bush bashing...

I also dont understand why he bitches about being left with a mess which I agree he was left with b/c the dumb ass didnt get left with it. HE RAN FOR OFFICE to have the right to deal with it...the dumb ass wanted the mess he wasnt left with it, he competed for it HE WON THE DAMN MESS....

he should be happy  ::)

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 06:27:05 PM »
Norway, Saudi Arabia and Russia offered to help. Obama rejected it.

That was a very stupid move.
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2010, 09:07:24 AM »
that's not what I'm saying.  It's just lame/hypocritical for the right to lecture the left as though they're on some high ground in this matter.  I didn't suggest it's a valid reason to do it ::)

but do you agree with the original post?  that is the question.  you chime in and say that the right is also guilty of choosing theories that make the left look bad but do you agree that the left is guilty of that as well?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »
That was a very stupid move.

I posted a story about the Dutch offering skimmers three days after the mess.  obama rejected it. 

Mons Venus

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »
What I find funny with all this Bush's fault stuff is, days after 9-11 "they", meaning these Huffington Post, Al Divorced Gore, Charlie "Not Me" Rangle, and other liberals blamed Bush for sitting an extra 6 minutes in front of the school kids instead of jumping to action, they blamed him for not ordering the cockpit doors locked after the Security briefing document surfaced in the August before... all this blaming even while he was in office for...
NINE MONTHS
Meanwhile ol' Slick Willie got a free pass on the 911 attacks. His lack of doing ANYTHING to stop OBL, even when the Saudi's had him and wanted to hand him over to Slick. Instead, Slick was too busy getting a rim job by some fat ass intern to notice.

So, here we all sit. Some 16 months into what is shaping up to be the single most disasterous presidental campaign this country has endoured... And, what do we get??
BLAME BUSH.

So what is it libs???
If you blame Bush for the 8 years prior, certainly you can blame Clinton for his 8 years of doing ABSOLUTETLY NOTHING to stop the mounting threat of terrorism? Right? I mean or is it whatever works to get the heat off of your side??? I don't care about healthcare, oil spills, gay marrage... NOTHING has more of a greater impact negatively to our wellbeing than another serious terrorist attack. NOTHING. Blow up the #2 train in Penn Station with a dirty bomb and see what happens to the econ in 15 minutes after. Oil?? What oil... Dead sea turtles will be childs play.

9-11 was an INSIDE job. Wake up!!!  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2010, 09:24:19 AM »
Was The Gulf Oil mess an inside job too? 

Mons Venus

« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2010, 09:29:41 AM »
Was The Gulf Oil mess an inside job too? 

With Government anything is possible.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »
I posted a story about the Dutch offering skimmers three days after the mess.  obama rejected it. 

Same answer, that was a very stupid move. Setting politics aside, which I'm sure they're in play big time on this subject, this should have been dealt with right away in an effective way to end it and trough any viable means including international assistance.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2010, 09:49:10 AM »
Norway, Saudi Arabia and Russia offered to help. Obama rejected it.

Maybe their trying to prevent other countries, companies, or private citizens from finding out exactly how bad the spill really is.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »
Maybe their trying to prevent other countries, companies, or private citizens from finding out exactly how bad the spill really is.

If reports of the sea bed being ruptured, more precisely the well casing or bowl being compromised are true, than we're in a very bad position....... How the hell do you contain a volcano of oil...that we, people , detonated manually??? That's the real concern IMO.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »

Palin to Obama: Call me
By: Julie Mason
Examiner White House Correspondent
06/09/10 5:45 PM EDT

So, what are you wearing?                               (white house photo)

Really, Sarah Palin? The former Alaska governor -- no stranger to salty talk -- takes a dim view of President Obama's quest for someone's "ass to kick" over the BP oil spill -- and says he can call her if he wants some expert advice.

From Palin's latest Facebook rumination, "Less Talkin', More Kickin'

My experience (though, granted, I got the message loud and clear during the campaign that my executive experience managing the fastest growing community in the state, and then running the largest state in the union, was nothing compared to the experiences of a community organizer) showed me how government officials and oil execs could scratch each others’ backs to the detriment of the public, and it made me ill. I ran for Governor to fight such practices.

Palin rattles off some experts he can tap for advice. Then adds:

We’ve all lived and worked through the Exxon-Valdez spill. They can help you. Give them a call. Or, what the heck, give me a call.

Awww! Well, having questioned her credentials as a nuclear expert, it's not likely Obama will be turning to Palin for advice very soon. Or ever.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Palin-to-Obama-Call-me--95998279.html#ixzz0qZCUd3ie

What do you expect? Obama brushed off Palin's governing experience (as did many on the left), because of the size of her home city of Wasilla and the relatively small population of the state of Alaska, claiming that Obama's campaign budget was bigger than Palin's budget as mayor of Wasilla.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2010, 11:10:49 AM »
I know Palin has her faults, and there are many, but I still think she is far more grounded in reality than the obamas, bushes, clintons, etc. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2010, 11:14:51 AM »
I know Palin has her faults, and there are many, but I still think she is far more grounded in reality than the obamas, bushes, clintons, etc. 

But, the brushoff from the left was that she ran a small city and a (population-wise) small state.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2010, 11:24:43 AM »
I would say that yes huggy you have a point but you see obama ran on the platform of not a washington insider...

he was supposed to change washington so with that in mind yes HE does deserve to be called out for his bush bashing...

I also dont understand why he bitches about being left with a mess which I agree he was left with b/c the dumb ass didnt get left with it. HE RAN FOR OFFICE to have the right to deal with it...the dumb ass wanted the mess he wasnt left with it, he competed for it HE WON THE DAMN MESS....

he should be happy  ::)
well that's nice and all but I don't see what it has to do with what I said.  The post was addressing libs, not just the president.  I never said Obama doesn't deserve to be called out for Bush bashing, just that rightwingers don't have some special high ground to preach from on this issue of blaming the prior president.  Even in the first post of this thread, we're asked to go even further back and still blame Clinton.  Well, point being, Clinton did get blamed for that stuff extensively during the Bush years by the right.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2010, 11:25:05 AM »
But, the brushoff from the left was that she ran a small city and a (population-wise) small state.

Oh what the fuck ever.  What did the present communist do-nothing ever do to justify his office?  At least palin does not hate the country and seeks its destruction with every passing minute.  

Remember this gem?  Not one dick sucking, kneepadding, mindless, brainless, pofs lib obama supporting vermin can tell me what obama did between 2004 and 2006, 146 days to go from self admittedly unqualified, to being qualified for office.  McWay, did you ever see this video?  After seeing this video, every obama supporting palin basher needs to STFU

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2010, 11:33:40 AM »

Palin is a dumbass' dumbass!!

She's more hitable than the people you mentioned but that's all.

If Republicans really wanted control over this mess they would have ran serious candidates.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »
Oh what the fuck ever.  What did the present communist do-nothing ever do to justify his office?  At least palin does not hate the country and seeks its destruction with every passing minute.  

Remember this gem?  Not one dick sucking, kneepadding, mindless, brainless, pofs lib obama supporting vermin can tell me what obama did between 2004 and 2006, 146 days to go from self admittedly unqualified, to being qualified for office.  McWay, did you ever see this video?  After seeing this video, every obama supporting palin basher needs to STFU

You'll get no argument from me on that one. That's the thing that's so comical about the left's aforementioned activities, as it relates to Obama. They bash Palin for her lack of experience, yet do the Lewinsky on someone WITH EVEN LESS EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE than she has.

As Newt Gingrich said, while going to work on an MSNBC reporter, She's got more experience than Obama....She's been a mayor; he hasn't. She's been a governor; he hasn't. She has executive experience; he doesn't.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2010, 11:35:39 AM »
Palin is a dumbass' dumbass!!

She's more hitable than the people you mentioned but that's all.

If Republicans really wanted control over this mess they would have ran serious candidates.

I'm not arguing that.  I'm saying I would rather have a dumbass who loves the country and its people as opposed to a dumbass who hates the country and seeks it destruction. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2010, 11:38:51 AM »

I'm not arguing that.  I'm saying I would rather have a dumbass who loves the country and its people as opposed to a dumbass who hates the country and seeks it destruction. 

Someone who really loved the country would have known they were just a distraction and bowed out in time for a more reasonable candidate to run.

Also, can you really trust the judgement of someone willing to risk having disabled children due to their age?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »
but do you agree with the original post?  that is the question.  you chime in and say that the right is also guilty of choosing theories that make the left look bad but do you agree that the left is guilty of that as well?
yea, I'm not saying the left doesn't do it.  Of course they do.  The left also tells the right that it's stupid and demands it stop just like the right is doing now.  I remember that first year under Bush, I use to laugh my ass off at Fox News joking that they spent more time badmouthing Clinton than they did talking about Bush.  Back then I just called Fox the "Clinton did it Network" lol....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:42 AM »
However, with 16 months post Bush, Pelosi indicated that she has no intention of ever ending her blaming Bush.  obama is doing the same.

Both are vermin and embarassments to the nation. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2010, 11:44:52 AM »
Someone who really loved the country would have known they were just a distraction and bowed out in time for a more reasonable candidate to run.

Also, can you really trust the judgement of someone willing to risk having disabled children due to their age?

At last check, the election of 2008 was between McCain and Obama, not Palin and Obama. What happened to that line, "People vote the top of the ticket".

The GOP put the veteran at the top and the rookie at the bottom; the Dems did the reverse.

This was basically feeding into the notion that, McCain might win, drop dead 10 seconds after taking the Oath of Office, and leave Palin as president.

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2010, 12:19:18 PM »
At last check, the election of 2008 was between McCain and Obama, not Palin and Obama. What happened to that line, "People vote the top of the ticket".

The GOP put the veteran at the top and the rookie at the bottom; the Dems did the reverse.

This was basically feeding into the notion that, McCain might win, drop dead 10 seconds after taking the Oath of Office, and leave Palin as president.

Spot on.