Author Topic: Niners  (Read 144076 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Niners
« Reply #275 on: January 31, 2022, 04:53:24 PM »
One thing to help the Niners is that Stafford has never been a winner before last week. He may choke in the right spot.

Stafford was money yesterday.  My Niners had their chances.  I like Shanahan, but he repeatedly overthinks in big games.  You put the ball in the hands of your best players and run plays your opponent has not been able to stop.  The fact Deebo really didn't get the ball in the fourth quarter is a crime.  But the Rams earned it.  Your Bengals too.  Should be a good Super Bowl. 

Really excited about next year.  Got a team full of studs:  Bosa, Warner, Kittle, Deebo, Juszczyk, Trent Williams, Elijah Mitchell, etc.  Just gotta plug a view pieces and they will be contending again. 

But I will say part of me thinks if Trey Lance had started from about midway through the season that the Niners would still be playing. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: February 01, 2022, 04:02:56 AM »
Stafford was money yesterday.  My Niners had their chances.  I like Shanahan, but he repeatedly overthinks in big games.  You put the ball in the hands of your best players and run plays your opponent has not been able to stop.  The fact Deebo really didn't get the ball in the fourth quarter is a crime.  But the Rams earned it.  Your Bengals too.  Should be a good Super Bowl. 

Really excited about next year.  Got a team full of studs:  Bosa, Warner, Kittle, Deebo, Juszczyk, Trent Williams, Elijah Mitchell, etc.  Just gotta plug a view pieces and they will be contending again. 

But I will say part of me thinks if Trey Lance had started from about midway through the season that the Niners would still be playing.
If Tart intercepts that terrible Stafford pass the Niners move on.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2022, 01:14:14 PM »
If Tart intercepts that terrible Stafford pass the Niners move on.

Maybe, but there was still a lot of time left and the Niners were not moving the ball on offense. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: April 21, 2022, 03:25:47 PM »
I sure hope the Niners don't trade Deebo.  He is a stud. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2022, 04:07:47 AM »
I sure hope the Niners don't trade Deebo.  He is a stud.
I'm getting tired of all these players demanding trades before their contracts are up. Teams should refuse these demands.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2022, 02:48:08 PM »
I'm getting tired of all these players demanding trades before their contracts are up. Teams should refuse these demands.

I look at football players a little differently, because they don't have guaranteed contracts for the most part and the risk of career-ending injuries is enormous. 

Still, I get irritated by some of the trade demands too. 

Not sure why Deebo requested a trade.  He hasn't said why and the media is unreliable. 

Unless the Jets or some other team offers a high first and a second, or Carolina offers Christian McCaffrey and picks, I don't see the Niners trading Deebo.  He's an absolute stud.  Barring injury, that Niner offense could be really special this coming season. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: April 23, 2022, 11:01:47 AM »
I look at football players a little differently, because they don't have guaranteed contracts for the most part and the risk of career-ending injuries is enormous. 

Still, I get irritated by some of the trade demands too. 

Not sure why Deebo requested a trade.  He hasn't said why and the media is unreliable. 

Unless the Jets or some other team offers a high first and a second, or Carolina offers Christian McCaffrey and picks, I don't see the Niners trading Deebo.  He's an absolute stud.  Barring injury, that Niner offense could be really special this coming season.
He's under contract until next year where he can (and will) resign with someone for huge money. If he were traded his new team would pick up the contract so he wouldn't make any more money this year. He is stupid for wanting out of SF. If they trade him to a shitty team it will hurt his money prospects next year not help him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: April 25, 2022, 08:22:20 PM »
He's under contract until next year where he can (and will) resign with someone for huge money. If he were traded his new team would pick up the contract so he wouldn't make any more money this year. He is stupid for wanting out of SF. If they trade him to a shitty team it will hurt his money prospects next year not help him.

Yeah I agree.  He's in an ideal situation in SF.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #283 on: May 02, 2022, 12:36:27 PM »
I like what the Niners did in the draft.  But you never how good or bad the draft is for a few years.  Great potential with their picks and FA signings though.  And I'm glad they didn't spend future draft capital. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: May 03, 2022, 04:33:39 AM »
I like what the Niners did in the draft.  But you never how good or bad the draft is for a few years.  Great potential with their picks and FA signings though.  And I'm glad they didn't spend future draft capital.
Some teams are very stupid. Cleveland had no 1st rounder this year, next year, or the year after.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: May 03, 2022, 11:44:31 AM »
Some teams are very stupid. Cleveland had no 1st rounder this year, next year, or the year after.

The Niners didn't have a first round pick this year and don't have one next year.  Trey Lance trade. 

I was looking at some older drafts.  Totally forgot that not only was Brett Favre a second round pick, but Dan McGuire and Todd Marinovich were both taken in the first in 1991. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: May 03, 2022, 02:05:45 PM »
The Niners didn't have a first round pick this year and don't have one next year.  Trey Lance trade. 

I was looking at some older drafts.  Totally forgot that not only was Brett Favre a second round pick, but Dan McGuire and Todd Marinovich were both taken in the first in 1991.
Tom Brady was a sixth.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: May 04, 2022, 07:31:24 PM »
Tom Brady was a sixth.

Yep. Just horrible misses every year by these experts. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2022, 03:17:48 AM »
Yep. Just horrible misses every year by these experts.
They had no way of knowing how Brady would turn out. Ever seen his combine workout? ;D He looked terrible.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: May 05, 2022, 03:17:41 PM »
They had no way of knowing how Brady would turn out. Ever seen his combine workout? ;D He looked terrible.

No, but I heard about his beer body.  lol  Still, what matters most is game film.  These experts repeatedly get it wrong by, for example, relying on how a ginormous man can throw a football over 50 yards in the air from his knees (JaMarcus Russell).  If they just believe what they see (like DeShaun Watson and Pat Mahomes in college), they wouldn't miss so much.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: June 13, 2022, 05:57:09 PM »
I know it's just minicamp, no pads, and no contact, but reports out of SF on Trey Lance are very good.  Really excited about the young man's potential.  You give him a healthy Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle, a strong O-line, and strong running game, and he could be special. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: September 08, 2022, 03:36:11 PM »
Barring injury, the Niners should contend this year.  Hope springs eternal.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: September 10, 2022, 02:15:12 AM »
Barring injury, the Niners should contend this year.  Hope springs eternal.
They may need an injury to Lance to go as far as last year.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2022, 05:23:57 PM »
They may need an injury to Lance to go as far as last year.

Lance has a much higher ceiling than Jimmy G. 

Slow start yesterday.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2022, 03:14:30 AM »
Lance has a much higher ceiling than Jimmy G. 

Slow start yesterday.
Everybody says that but I don't see it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2022, 12:24:19 AM »
Everybody says that but I don't see it.

I think the people who say it are probably the ones who have watched them both play. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2022, 12:37:27 AM »
I think the people who say it are probably the ones who have watched them both play.
Really? Garoppolo has taken the Niners to the Super Bowl and another NFC Championship game where they lost by 1 play. Lance struggles to complete any pass over 15 or 20 yards downfield. I doubt Lance will ever top Jimmy G. There is a reason why the Niners kept him as a backup even with his high salary.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2022, 01:15:51 PM »
Really? Garoppolo has taken the Niners to the Super Bowl and another NFC Championship game where they lost by 1 play. Lance struggles to complete any pass over 15 or 20 yards downfield. I doubt Lance will ever top Jimmy G. There is a reason why the Niners kept him as a backup even with his high salary.

Jimmy G is a good QB.  No denying his success with the Niners.  But he does have at least 2 or 3 WTF throws every game.  And he is not good at throwing the ball down the field.  That's partly why they lost the Super Bowl.  Had Emmanuel Sanders wide open deep for what could have been a game changing TD.  Missed him. 

Trey Lance will be much better at opening up and stretching the field.  I think he will have better ball security than Jimmy G.  Much stronger arm.  Much more mobile.  Much faster.  As Shanahan has been saying, he forces the D to play 11 on 11 because of his mobility. 

The reason they kept Jimmy G is they could not find a trade partner, he took a huge haircut with his salary, and he is a good QB.  Definitely one of the best backup QBs in the league.  Good move by the Niners. 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: September 19, 2022, 01:25:33 AM »
Lance out for the year. It's a good thing they still have Jimmy G. If SF had listened to Colin Cowherd and other sports media people and traded Jimmy G, they'd be fucked.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: September 20, 2022, 12:13:14 AM »
Lance out for the year. It's a good thing they still have Jimmy G. If SF had listened to Colin Cowherd and other sports media people and traded Jimmy G, they'd be fucked.

I am so bummed.  Glad to have Jimmy G, but man I was really hoping to see how good Lance could be in this offense.