Author Topic: Good news for Titus & Ryan ... sort of.  (Read 11956 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Good news for Titus & Ryan ... sort of.
« on: February 18, 2006, 09:36:34 AM »
In todays Las Vegas Review Journal (the local main paper) there is an article regarding a man who robbed a cab driver and doused him in gas & set him on fire. The cab driver died. The man was convicted of murder, arson, robbery & kidnapping. The jury gave him life in prison... not the death penalty.

I am trying post the link. If someone with better computer skills than me can post the link, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Las Vegas Review Journal
http://www.reviewjournal.com
using my pitiful linkage, click Saturday & scroll down to "Cab Driver Killer" article, Sorry.
a

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: Good news for Titus & Ryan ... sort of.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:36:34 AM »
A jury rejected a death sentence for convicted killer James Scholl on Friday, determining he should instead spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole for torching a cabdriver.

Juror Michael Harrod said after the verdict that he was the only juror out of 12 who voted for a death sentence in the August 2004 slaying of cabby Pairoj Chitprasart.

Advertisement

"It was an evil, heinous crime," Harrod said. "If someone setting a person on fire isn't good enough to get the death penalty, then I don't know what is."

Jurors who voted for a life sentence did not wish to speak to the media after the verdict.

But on a jury verdict form, jurors said they considered the fact that Scholl was under the influence of drugs when he doused Chitprasart with gasoline, then set him on fire in Chitprasart's cab on Las Vegas Boulevard during a robbery.

Jurors noted on the juror form that Scholl also suffered from a mental disturbance -- he was diagnosed as being bipolar -- and that he had a bad childhood that culminated with his fathering a child as a 16-year-old with a 21-year-old woman.

Chitprasart's common-law wife, Kanitsri Utamong, said she was OK with the jury sparing Scholl because Scholl's three children would have lost their father if he was executed.

"For me, I didn't need the death penalty," Utamong said. "I lost my husband, and my son lost his dad. I understand how his kids would feel."

Authorities said Scholl jumped in Chitprasart's cab Aug. 20, 2004, and doused the cabdriver with gasoline while trying to rob him. When Chitprasart wouldn't hand over any money, authorities said, Scholl set the man on fire with a match.

A friend of Scholl's, Kregg Nettrour, testified that Scholl confessed to him hours after the slaying. Another acquaintance, Sheldon Hudson, said that, on the day of the slaying, Scholl talked to him about the movie "Money Train," in which a robbery victim is doused with gasoline and fatally torched.

Prosecutors said Scholl robbed another taxi driver eight days before Chitprasart's death after beating him in the head with a brick. Scholl's Illinois identification card was found in the cab, and the jury convicted him of robbery and other charges in that case as well on Wednesday.

In court Friday during closing arguments, Scholl appeared to be harming his cause when he acted out in front of the jury.

As Clark County District Attorney David Roger urged the jury to sentence Scholl to death, Scholl started clapping sarcastically, then issued an expletive that could be heard by many in the courtroom.

"Justice mandates the most significant punishment," Roger said. "Let Mr. Scholl's life end in the Nevada execution chamber."

But defense attorneys Alzora Jackson and David Schieck of the county's Special Public Defender's Office said the death penalty was simply not appropriate. Scholl had no significant prior criminal history.

"In all likelihood, he's going to spend the rest of his life in prison," Schieck said.

Schieck said Scholl's clapping episode was out of frustration for his having been convicted.

"You have to focus on the person, not the crime," Schieck said.

"We never felt they proved the homicide," Jackson said.

SPONSORED 
R

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 10:44:50 AM »
Does this mean that one should get drugged up before committing his next murder with the anticipation of receiving a lighter sentence?

I think we'll be seeing a lot of this nonsense and other objectional excuses in the upcoming Craig and Kelly trial.

c-u-n-hell

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2006, 11:51:40 AM »
If foung guilty CT will go to the chamber and his wife will get 25 to life

buffalo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 01:01:38 PM »
Jurors noted on the juror form that Scholl also suffered from a mental disturbance -- he was diagnosed as being bipolar -- and that he had a bad childhood that culminated with his fathering a child as a 16-year-old with a 21-year-old woman.
Chitprasart's common-law wife, Kanitsri Utamong, said she was OK with the jury sparing Scholl because Scholl's three children would have lost their father if he was executed.

Craig does not suffer from bi-polar disorder (he's just a narcissistic psychopath) and he doesn't have any kids that would be traumatized if he got the death penalty.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 01:45:16 PM »

Craig does not suffer from bi-polar disorder (he's just a narcissistic psychopath) and he doesn't have any kids that would be traumatized if he got the death penalty.

craigs daughter is already affected by her fathers narcissistic, sociopathic, abusive, king baby behavior meaning there will be no additional trauma than he's already provided.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »
If foung guilty CT will go to the chamber and his wife will get 25 to life

AMEN!!!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 02:37:36 PM »
Thank you STella.
a

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 02:50:14 PM »
R

buffalo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2006, 03:44:08 PM »
I believe his daughter is already too old to be considered a "child" that nneds Craig as a father to grow up...she's already almost grown.  It's not like she's a 2 year old that would be asking "where's daddy" and not understanding if he was "gone"

I do feel bad for her though

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2006, 03:49:51 PM »
But the bodybuilding world will miss him, so he won't get the death penalty.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2006, 06:17:07 PM »
the murderer is going to the death chamber wether his daughter wants it or dont want it...the state of nevada is very strict when it comes to this type of murder (planning and executing) and the murderer does not have any mental disease thus the only chance for life in prison with out the possibility of parol is if you have money behind you and you know the right people. the murderer does not have a dime nor does he have any serious individual within the system that can help him get life in prison with out the possibility of parol.

fallen angel

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2006, 06:28:09 PM »
Just like OJ, Titus will be innocent. They all know all the bodybuilders will riot if he's guilty.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2006, 10:39:23 PM »
Just like OJ, Titus will be innocent. They all know all the bodybuilders will riot if he's guilty.

true. But since BBers cannot walk one city block without gassing, or riot for 2 hours without eating, the crowd should be pretty easy to contain.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 05:24:36 AM »
true. But since BBers cannot walk one city block without gassing, or riot for 2 hours without eating, the crowd should be pretty easy to contain.
240 dont forget the constant mirror gratification

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 10:03:22 AM »

Judging by the comments on this forum I think bodybuilders would be more likely to riot if they let him go.

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 12:59:44 PM »
They will "Both" get life with-out the possibilty of  parole

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 01:13:47 PM »
I'd riot till 2:00, then I gotta hit some chest

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 01:49:15 PM »

I'm bi-polar too!

Just in case if I decide to ever snuff someone

LongtimeLurker

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 03:06:57 PM »
:D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 06:13:53 PM »
I'd riot till 2:00, then I gotta hit some chest

I'll riot on Tuesday or Thursday because those are big cardio days, and everyone knows rioting is hard work. Now if anyone wants to double-split riot on Saturday... I can do that too.  :)
a

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »
I know I'm going to loot the GNC.  They rip everyone off now it's about time they get ripped off.

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 05:56:32 AM »
I have a funny feeling that a plea from Melissas family will NOT go unheard in court...I mean shit, if you were her Dad, wouldnt you be pleading for the death penalty more than ever?

They will probably only get life, but I wouldn't be surprised if Craig got the death penalty. Although, realistically, he could be on death row for 30 years...

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 07:08:01 AM »
I know I'm going to loot the GNC.  They rip everyone off now it's about time they get ripped off.
You are so "Correct" 8) 8)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 10:57:06 AM »
I have a funny feeling that a plea from Melissas family will NOT go unheard in court...I mean shit, if you were her Dad, wouldnt you be pleading for the death penalty more than ever?

To tell you the absolute truth, if someone killed my daughters I would not want them to go jail.  I would do everything in my power to torture the fuck out of them and make them die the most horrible and painful death possible.  I wouldn't give a fuck about getting caught or going to prison for doing it.