Author Topic: The Truth about the Gimmick Problem - And other issues.  (Read 22779 times)

mdef48

The Truth about the Gimmick Problem - And other issues.
« on: March 15, 2015, 05:39:52 AM »
Sup Guys it's Joon.

Princess L I appreciate if you keep this thread up since it's an honest/frank discussion about the gimmick problem and some other issues and will help answer many of your questions.

Part 1: Gimmick Problem.

So I am just gonna level with you about the whole gimmick situation now because I love Getbig and want what is in the best interest of GB as a whole and I did express these issues and concerns in the past privately through pm.

What I am about to tell you I have previously explained to mods including Princes L in private message as well.

I have currently access over 650 gimmicks accounts and can get much more very easily.
I know you want to know how I got them and how come I can get so many accounts so easily etc.

Some of you seem to think that these gimmick accounts have been registered and built up over long period of time and that I was somehow here since 10 years ago.....this is FALSE and total horseshit. ::)
Some others have suggested that I have purchased these gimmicks from old member that somehow I have managed to get in contact with all over the world......again this is FALSE and total horseshit.  ::)

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE GIMMICKS INCLUDING THIS GIMMICK......are HACKED ACCOUNTS....and not a single cent was paid for any of them.

There are 2 types of hacked accounts currently in operation.

1) Whole bunch of inactive old accounts from years ago with various post counts (big and small not just low post count ones)......I call these "the burner" gimmicks.

2) Several Dozen active accounts which members currently use which have been compromised where pms are spied on and not posted on.....I call these the "sleeper accounts".

...the obvious reason that post are not made on the "sleeper" accounts is because it would become very obvious to the existing/active user that there account has been compromised etc

....The problem is that this version of SMF 1.1.20 is VERY EASY to hack into if you are a blackhat expert and know what you are doing and can run software to access accounts easily in more cases than not.

You can ban as many of them as you want, you can ban IPS (total meaningless since proxy's will just be used) the PROBLEM WILL NOT GO AWAY....since new accounts can easily get hacked into.

THE ONLY SOLUTION IS TOTAL UPGRADE FROM THIS OLD VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE TO NEW ONE.

I hope this helps.

Happy to answer any questions.

...Part 2 about "other issues" to come shortly.....assuming this account doesn't get banned....just feel its important for you to know.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: The Truth about the Gimmick Problem - And other issues.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 05:51:53 AM »
Sup Guys it's Joon.
....The problem is that this version of SMF 1.1.20 is VERY EASY to hack into if you are a blackhat expert and know what you are doing and can run software to access accounts easily in more cases than not.

Bullshit. 1.1.20 is the latest in the 1.x codestream and it has all of the security fixes that the 2.x codestream has. The only real exploits that SMF has is via PHP exploits and those are mostly well known.

I think that the older passwords are legacy and probably not salted, which theoretically would be a problem if MySQL wasn't DMZ'd properly. But I don't think that is the case. I think that a full 10% of the zero post count members used "getbig" or "password" as their  password and a simple login script can prove that out.

Just delete the older low post-count users and it'll remove the pool of "burners" and force out the "sleepers"

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 05:54:07 AM »
Still a whining c*nt. We get it.  :-\

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 05:57:51 AM »
You should've added pictures of animals. Princess L will delete this thread.

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 05:58:01 AM »
New accounts should not be systematically jeopardized and be mistaken for gimmicks just because they have a low posts count.
I used to post on getbig from 2003 to 2006 then lost my old yahoo account and from then stopped visiting getbig.
I started lurking again on the boards end of 2014 in read-only mode out of boredom.
Made a request for a new account and it was validated only one or two weeks ago.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 06:02:08 AM »
New accounts should not be systematically jeopardized and be mistaken for gimmicks just because they have a low posts count.
I used to post on getbig from 2003 to 2006 then lost my old yahoo account and from then stopped visiting getbig.
I started lurking again on the boards end of 2014 in read-only mode out of boredom.
Made a request for a new account and it was validated only one or two weeks ago.

And here come the gimmicks defending their right to post. I probably should have mentioned that a happy side effect of talking about blasting low post-count gimmicks is that it instantly smokes them out.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2015, 06:04:18 AM »
And here come the gimmicks defending their right to post. I probably should have mentioned that a happy side effect of talking about blasting low post-count gimmicks is that it instantly smokes them out.
Makes me smile.   ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 06:05:14 AM »
So the next question is what to do and what purpose these gimmicks (650 odd currently) actually serve???

Let me make it crystal clear once and for all.

I HAVE NEVER RAN TWO SIMULTANEOUS gimmicks at the same time when I have had me original Joon handle......for me there was never a reason to do that.

I HAVE only EVER ran gimmicks or shared few accounts when my original Joon handle has been in timeout or banned.

I feel like I get picked on here and bullied/banned more often than others simply because I am wealthy and that rubs some peoples noses in it.
I find this totally unacceptable.

I will admit on a few occasions I was out of line and deserved to be banned for rule breaks but on many other occasions I was banned for no real reason other than some people don't like me and started putting pressure on mods etc.

I found this highly unfair.

Whenever I have accessed my gimmick stockpile it was in protest of what I feel like being unjustifiably banned or bullied around by such people.

For example how is it fair or just that guys likes D.O.A can run around posting up my pictures and personal info over and over again without any consequence, yet when I do the same only in retaliation I get banned????

Its the total lack of inconsistency that I have a problem with.
Seems there is one rule being enforced for one set of people and another for others.

To me this is unacceptable.

How is it fair or just that a guy like Simple Simon could go around posting up pictures of Bigmc's kids on here and also my pics on various poker forums asking people info about me under fake profiles pretending to be me (which he admitted to on here) and can post up personal info and pictures of pro's like Tristen Esco, yet not only nothing was done about it but he was even made moderator.

To me this is unacceptable again.

How is it fair that my personal info was encouraged to be put up here by mods who encouraged Pedro to come here and post my info yet I never posted his or other peoples info's that I have.
By the way Pedro this is not a swipe at you since you know me and you are cool, its just making a general point about consistency and fairness?????

I fundamentally believe OMR and Ron are good and fair people, I have no issues with them.

I just think its wrong that people can fuck with me and get away with it but when I retaliate in response it seems I am the one that gets continually banned.

This is my main issue.

I would polite fully and respectfully ask that rules are enforced for all in equal measure and would like my old account back if possible.

This not a threat or me being a terrorist or anything like that.

Just honest assessment of the situation.

I will be glad to help with resolving the gimmick issues and improving security for integrity of the site and making suggestions that would work.

Regards
Joon

Still a C*nt.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 06:05:25 AM »
Mods, please ban this gimmick.  June is a known habitual liar, and cannot be trusted.   ::)

Azzaro

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 06:06:31 AM »

Not true  :)

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 06:07:27 AM »
So the next question is what to do and what purpose these gimmicks (650 odd currently) actually serve???

Let me make it crystal clear once and for all.

I HAVE NEVER RAN TWO SIMULTANEOUS gimmicks at the same time when I have had me original Joon handle......for me there was never a reason to do that.

I HAVE only EVER ran gimmicks or shared few accounts when my original Joon handle has been in timeout or banned.

I feel like I get picked on here and bullied/banned more often than others simply because I am wealthy and that rubs some peoples noses in it.
I find this totally unacceptable.

I will admit on a few occasions I was out of line and deserved to be banned for rule breaks but on many other occasions I was banned for no real reason other than some people don't like me and started putting pressure on mods etc.

I found this highly unfair.

Whenever I have accessed my gimmick stockpile it was in protest of what I feel like being unjustifiably banned or bullied around by such people.

For example how is it fair or just that guys likes D.O.A can run around posting up my pictures and personal info over and over again without any consequence, yet when I do the same only in retaliation I get banned????

Its the total lack of inconsistency that I have a problem with.
Seems there is one rule being enforced for one set of people and another for others.

To me this is unacceptable.

How is it fair or just that a guy like Simple Simon could go around posting up pictures of Bigmc's kids on here and also my pics on various poker forums asking people info about me under fake profiles pretending to be me (which he admitted to on here) and can post up personal info and pictures of pro's like Tristen Esco, yet not only nothing was done about it but he was even made moderator.

To me this is unacceptable again.

How is it fair that my personal info was encouraged to be put up here by mods who encouraged Pedro to come here and post my info yet I never posted his or other peoples info's that I have.
By the way Pedro this is not a swipe at you since you know me and you are cool, its just making a general point about consistency and fairness?????

I fundamentally believe OMR and Ron are good and fair people, I have no issues with them.

I just think its wrong that people can fuck with me and get away with it but when I retaliate in response it seems I am the one that gets continually banned.

This is my main issue.

I would polite fully and respectfully ask that rules are enforced for all in equal measure and would like my old account back if possible.

This not a threat or me being a terrorist or anything like that.

Just honest assessment of the situation.

I will be glad to help with resolving the gimmick issues and improving security for integrity of the site and making suggestions that would work.

Regards
Joon

Don't trust mods.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 06:11:09 AM »
AJ with respect you don't know what you are talking about.
Explain to me if security was so amazing on here how come I can get so many accounts????

I am pretty sure that I already explained that to you. Plus, I don't believe that you have that many gimmicks.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 06:13:39 AM »

For all we know, mdef48 isn't even June.  It could be many of the other nutbags on this forum impersonating him.  Furthermore, June openly admits that he shares his accounts with other posters, so it could be anyone of them. 

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 06:25:23 AM »
Joon, blowjob vids mate, i have been waiting.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 06:26:00 AM »

And I have already explained to you that you don't know what you are talking about.
You don't think I have that many gimmicks??? LOL

Ask OMR to look at the ban list of how many gimmicks I have burned so far.
I can prove it by logging into several right now if I wanted to.

Do you seriously think these gimmicks were registered over 10 years .....LOL
And that I was here that long??

Or that I managed to get hold of guys from 2008-2009 who have not even posted on the site since then to purchase their accounts?
How would I found their info to get in contact with them??

Please explain why I have so many gimmicks then if they were not hacked accounts????
Even the mods (at least Princess L) is aware they are hacked accounts.

I think that you are mistaking the term "LOL" for actual proof of your claims. It isn't.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 06:28:49 AM »
I'll send them to you on PM from another gimmick tonight.

Cheers mate.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 06:36:58 AM »
I think the method is "find the old, inactive accounts that use 'password' as their password".

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 06:45:52 AM »
Now back in my account....just takes going through accounts obsessively.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 06:49:45 AM »
the way its going depending on thread ,you might be the only real poster 'posting'around many gimmicks arguing with each other...pic threads/contest threads are the only threads where most members are the main account posting for the 'most part'some good members here might have 2 accounts from forgetting past 'log ons'..it is what it is,,,

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 06:54:01 AM »

Bullshit, you can't even search members anymore, explain to me how to went to "fifth one on the list" when there is no list anymore... ;)

I've never not had the member list option.....that I can recall.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 06:54:48 AM »

Bullshit, you can't even search members anymore, explain to me how to went to "fifth one on the list" when there is no list anymore... ;)

Genius, it's the "members" link at the top of every page...

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=mlist

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 06:56:05 AM »
Here's an example....Iogged on as #1GymRat with 'password'.  Went to members and it was the fifth account....old and inactive.

God bless,
MOS

I think that I am gonna use "!Wow Strong Arms" as my new gimmick.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 06:57:32 AM »
Can you click on that link?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 07:02:42 AM »
Just pressed the link from another gimmick account under another IP on another computer (in case u sent me phishing link)
No u can't access it, says "u do not have permission u access member list" so Ron took those privileges away for us which is revealing in itself don't you think? ;)

Ask some of the other Brits to press link, they will tell u the same.

I am guessing he took that away for some other reason or metric, likely low post count. I guess the notion being that gimmicks are gonna gimmick.

edit: you are as paranoid as I am!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 07:20:20 AM »
Imagine some asshole gives you shit in a thread.......and u got 50 gims linked up to different IP's all shortcuts on your screen, you just double click each short cut and BOOOOM.....they all logged in online and ready to kick ass.

20 gimmicks all pounce on the asshole giving u shit........total fucking power and monopoly....LMAO.

The scenarios and story lines are endless.....thing of beauty...LOL

its nap time in Australia mate.

PM me.