Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

Is Liberalism a Mental Disorder?

<< < (158/273) > >>

Grape Ape:

--- Quote from: Moontrane on October 25, 2022, 10:24:26 PM --- ::)

--- End quote ---

That is a satire twitter account.  It is hilarious.

Moontrane:

--- Quote from: Grape Ape on November 25, 2022, 09:15:57 PM ---.

That is a satire twitter account.  It is hilarios.

--- End quote ---

Oops!

Soul Crusher:
Should you not have kids because of climate change? It’s complicated.
The Washington Post via MSN ^ | December 2, 2022 | by Shannon Osaka
Posted on 12/2/2022, 8:55:23 AM by Oldeconomybuyer

When Meera Sanghani-Jorgensen was in her 30s, she and her husband began to discuss having children. They both wanted to have kids, but Sanghani-Jorgensen couldn’t shake the feeling that, by giving birth, she might be doing something bad for the earth.

“I wanted to have a child, but I was also looking at the planet and thinking: ‘Well, what kind of future will we have if there’s more of the same?’ ” she said. She thought about the diapers, the party favors, the toys, and the billions of tons of carbon emissions warming the planet every year. She felt weighed down by the consumption of her children before they were even born.

After much research, Sanghani-Jorgensen and her husband decided that having a child — a single child — could fulfill their desires without putting undue burden on an overheating world. “I was very particular about only having one,” she said.

Her husband died in 2012; in the years since her daughter was born, Sanghani-Jorgensen, 48, considered having a second child many times, but always held back. “My reservation has been exactly environmental concerns,” she said. Her daughter is now 13 years old.

Sanghani-Jorgensen is not alone. She joins a generation of people living in the U.S. and other rich countries preoccupied with how having children may worsen the world’s rapid warming.

The movement isn’t huge, but it has gained widespread attention. According to a 2021 Pew Research Center survey of childless adults, 5 percent of those who cited a specific reason for not having children said it was because of “climate change/the environment.”

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

Moontrane:

--- Quote from: Soul Crusher on December 02, 2022, 06:34:18 AM ---Should you not have kids because of climate change? It’s complicated.
The Washington Post via MSN ^ | December 2, 2022 | by Shannon Osaka
Posted on 12/2/2022, 8:55:23 AM by Oldeconomybuyer

When Meera Sanghani-Jorgensen was in her 30s, she and her husband began to discuss having children. They both wanted to have kids, but Sanghani-Jorgensen couldn’t shake the feeling that, by giving birth, she might be doing something bad for the earth.

“I wanted to have a child, but I was also looking at the planet and thinking: ‘Well, what kind of future will we have if there’s more of the same?’ ” she said. She thought about the diapers, the party favors, the toys, and the billions of tons of carbon emissions warming the planet every year. She felt weighed down by the consumption of her children before they were even born.

After much research, Sanghani-Jorgensen and her husband decided that having a child — a single child — could fulfill their desires without putting undue burden on an overheating world. “I was very particular about only having one,” she said.

Her husband died in 2012; in the years since her daughter was born, Sanghani-Jorgensen, 48, considered having a second child many times, but always held back. “My reservation has been exactly environmental concerns,” she said. Her daughter is now 13 years old.

Sanghani-Jorgensen is not alone. She joins a generation of people living in the U.S. and other rich countries preoccupied with how having children may worsen the world’s rapid warming.

The movement isn’t huge, but it has gained widespread attention. According to a 2021 Pew Research Center survey of childless adults, 5 percent of those who cited a specific reason for not having children said it was because of “climate change/the environment.”

(Excerpt) Read more at msn.com ...

--- End quote ---

Numerous cultures have sacrificed children in the hope of better weather.  Fick sucks abound.

When my infant triplets had diarrhea we went through 29 diapers in one day.  First-world existence allows us to over-analyze the most basic human needs and desires.

Moontrane:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2440086/Belgian-transsexual-Nathan-Verhelst-44-elects-die-euthanasia-botched-sex-change-operation.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-related

Transsexual, 44, elects to die by euthanasia after botched sex-change operation turned him into a 'monster'

Nathan Verhelst, 44, born Nancy, was disappointed with sex-change results

His life was ended by the same doctor who euthanised deaf twins last year

Comes after Belgian euthanasia cases jumped 25 per cent in one year

It is now the cause of nearly one in 50 deaths in the country

A Belgian transsexual has chosen to die by euthanasia after a botched sex change operation to complete his transformation into a man left him a 'monster'.

Nathan Verhelst, 44, died yesterday afternoon after being allowed to have his life ended on the grounds of 'unbearable psychological suffering'.

It is understood to be the first time someone in Belgium has chosen euthanasia after a sex-change, and comes soon after it emerged that it is now the cause of nearly one in 50 deaths in the country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version